Author Topic: Is Tom Brady The Best Football Player Ever?  (Read 80050 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: Is Tom Brady The Best Football Player Ever?
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2012, 12:04:38 AM »
"The Pats didn't miss a beat when Brady was out and they went 11-5." -Pray_4_War

Bevo, I'm sorry but that is a fact. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2012, 12:05:17 AM »
Lol way to back track.  Funny how you all of the sudden forgot about the 9 or 10 pro bowlers surrounding Montana.

No backtracking... I'm talking about how in 1981 Montana had no running game.

A montana who had been in the league less than 2 years?

Elway has never matched Montana...

No backtracking at all... You must be a Denver fan. They always put Elway on a pedestal even when it's obvious he doesn't deserve it.

Everyone else who knows anything about football knows that Elway  doesn't match up to quite a few Quarterbacks, but we give Elway his credit... He's great... He's just not the GREATEST.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2012, 12:07:53 AM »
Let's not forget there was no Jerry Rice in 1981 either... Montana was certainly THE man when he won THAT superbowl.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2012, 12:11:06 AM »
If to talk to 49er fans quite a few of them hold Steve Young in a similar light as Montana.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2012, 12:12:26 AM »
No backtracking... I'm talking about how in 1981 Montana had no running game.

But he sure had a bad ass team around him.

Elway has never matched Montana...

Another retarded statement

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2012, 12:16:12 AM »
But he sure had a bad ass team around him.

Another retarded statement

Sure, Ronnie Lott was bad ass.

Ricky Patton had all of 540 fucking yards that season as the STAR running back... Cut the shit.

Elway's 3 superbowl losses had teams equally that good and he couldn't get it done.

Montana on EVERY level is better than Elway and the fact YOU consider that statement retarded shows obviously that you are a Denver fanboy.

Welcome to the NFL... Where Montana has 4 rings, and you got lucky with 2... Thanks to the legs of Terrell Davis.

If he didn't join that team, Elway goes the way of Marino.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2012, 12:23:18 AM »

Elway's 3 superbowl losses had teams equally that good and he couldn't get it done.

The Broncos 3 SB teams were as good as the 88 49ers?  Are you retarded or just stupid?

Montana on EVERY level is better than Elway.....

Every level?  Elway had a better arm, durability, scrambling.

You know what he didn't have though-Bill Walsh.

Just like Brady has Bellichick, Walsh was a offensive genius that defined a generation.

Make everything equal.  Give Elway a Bill Walsh system with the talent Montana had and Elway would have went to 8 SuperBowls.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2012, 12:32:15 AM »
No, but there are a lot of people are ARE better than Elway that have played in the NFL.

Staubach, Unitas just to drop two names off the top of my head...

I take it back.  You are a retard.  Even Johnny U and Roger wouldn't say they were better than Elway with a straight face.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2012, 12:38:27 AM »
Was Munoz better on offense than LT or Reggie White were on defense?

Or is it Jim Brown because he probably could have played any position?

I don't know anything about Football, but I got stuck in an elevator for three hours with Munoz.  ;D

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2012, 12:42:09 AM »
Was Munoz better on offense than LT or Reggie White were on defense?

No.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2012, 12:48:10 AM »
Peyton does, and Yes, Staubach was better than Favre and LT.

By far.

This is actually funny.  To the OP, don't let this fool holmes guy lead you astray.

Roger Staubach may or may not be better than Favre.

But in no way is he better than LT.  A player that revolutionized his position and may be the best defensive player in the history of the game.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2012, 12:51:10 AM »
"The Pats didn't miss a beat when Brady was out and they went 11-5." -Pray_4_War

Bevo, I'm sorry but that is a fact. 

They did miss a beat they didn't make playoffs

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2012, 01:16:12 AM »
They did miss a beat they didn't make playoffs

They won 11 games.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2012, 01:24:29 AM »
They won 11 games.

Don't matter they didn't make play offs and when he played for the chiefs his 2nd year he was a pro bowler for that team but then again we are talking about the chiefs just as bad as Oakland....

Plus prior to that 09 season when cassel played he was under Brady for over 2/3 seasons already....

So from your analogy if tony romo played for the patriots he would have 5 SB titles ::)

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2012, 01:25:25 AM »
Is it the fact that it's true that bothers you or just that I pointed it out? The Pats didn't miss a beat when Brady was out and they went 11-5.  That's an inconvenient truth to Brady fans.  

That New England was able to go 11-5 without Brady isn't necessarily evidence that the Belichick system is responsible for the lion's share of the team's success: I should think it would be clear evidence of such only if the replacement QB was a nobody. The fact is, Cassel became a Pro Bowler and AFC Player of the Month shortly after landing in KC, which is an otherwise shitty team. So it still isn't clear how much credit should go to the system versus the QB (though it is clear that both made a positive contribution).

The only definitive evidence would be Brady going to another team and sucking plus NE continuing to thrive under the Belichick system in light of Brady's permanent absence, a situation which is of course almost certainly not going to happen.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2012, 01:30:39 AM »
That New England was able to go 11-5 without Brady isn't necessarily evidence that the NE system is responsible for the lion's share of the team's success: I should think it would be clear evidence of such only if the replacement QB was a nobody. The fact is, Cassel became a Pro Bowler and AFC Player of the Month shortly after landing in KC, which is an otherwise shitty team. So it still isn't clear how much credit should go to the system versus the QB (though it is clear that both made a positive contribution).

Exactly but these boneheads keep throwing out "it's the system"

I keep saying EVERY GOOD QB plays in a system , good coaches build their players around their QB's strengths and have players that cater to the QB.

If these players had X coach or if X coach had X players. It's not that simple obviously guys that have never played or took the time to learn.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2012, 04:15:42 AM »
He's really good but I consider him a system QB.  He got injured and missed a year the Pats went 11-5.  Peyton Manning got injured and missed a year and the Colts lost almost every single game that season. 
Remember, Cassel went 11-5 on a team that was 16-0 the year before with Brady. 

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2012, 04:21:00 AM »
Bradys House

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2012, 04:39:43 AM »
The Broncos 3 SB teams were as good as the 88 49ers?  Are you retarded or just stupid?

Every level?  Elway had a better arm, durability, scrambling.

You know what he didn't have though-Bill Walsh.

Just like Brady has Bellichick, Walsh was a offensive genius that defined a generation.

Make everything equal.  Give Elway a Bill Walsh system with the talent Montana had and Elway would have went to 8 SuperBowls.
This plus the same goes for Dan Marino. Montana admitted it in an interview a few years ago with Dan Lebatard!

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2012, 04:40:03 AM »
Brady might not even be the best QB of his era.  He's had the benefit of one coach and 1 system his whole career.
1 system?  What system was that?  Bradys had many different offensive coordinators.  Manning had 1, Tom Moore.  Bradys had Weis, Obrien, Mcdaniels.  All running different systems.  

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2012, 05:08:12 AM »
When you use the term "football player" I do not put quarterbacks into that category. Sorry.  The question should be is Tom Brady the best quarterback of all time.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2012, 05:11:39 AM »
Bradys House

amazing house... but I think i'd rather have a modest 5 bedroom home that didn't require a staff to run the place.

I'd feel weird in a house with 2 maids, a chef, security team, agent/manager, etc coming and going all the time.

I'd rather live in a super secret, gated community, with 15 foot high fences, and a house that is quiet and empty.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2012, 05:19:06 AM »
Remember, Cassel went 11-5 on a team that was 16-0 the year before with Brady. 

Yeah.  I never understood why people point to Cassel's success as a knock on Brady.  Pats just had a good team, that would have been better if Brady was on it.  Pretty simple.
Y

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2012, 05:34:39 AM »
amazing house... but I think i'd rather have a modest 5 bedroom home that didn't require a staff to run the place.

I'd feel weird in a house with 2 maids, a chef, security team, agent/manager, etc coming and going all the time.

I'd rather live in a super secret, gated community, with 15 foot high fences, and a house that is quiet and empty.
I totally agree!

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2012, 07:21:22 AM »
The most dominant player in NFL history is Jerry Rice. Ask any NFL analyst or former great...the majority will choose Jerry Rice. You'd think it would be a quarterback, but Rice was so dominant that he, more than anyone, changed the way opposing teams had to prepare for a game when facing him. At his best, he was virtually unstoppable. And his longevity is legendary. He is hands down the greatest NFL player of all time.

If I had to go position by position, my list of most dominant players by position would look like this:

Defensive End: Reggie White
Defensive Tackle: Joe Greene
Offensive Tackle: Anthony Munoz
Offensive Guard: Gene Upshaw
Center: Mike Webster
Quarterback: Joe Montana
Wide receiver: Jerry Rice
Tight End: Tony Gonzalez
Lineback Middle: Dick Butkus
Lineback outside: Lawrence Taylor
Safety: Ronnie Lott
Cornerback: Nighttraing Lane