Author Topic: The greatest entertainer ever  (Read 17003 times)

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
Re: The greatest entertainer ever
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2012, 09:16:18 AM »
Better in music and entertaining than Jordan was in basketball. IMO, the best all time. I can't watch his stuff now with tearing up a little. I'm glad I grew up in the 80s and 90s to have witnessed his greatness. It breaks my heart he went out the way he did.

Rest in Peace.

MJ 15 Approved

QFT.

MJ, Prince, Madonna...all great entertainers

I prefer Vanessa Del Rio at her peak

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2012, 09:19:03 AM »
This is the greatest entertainer of the 20th century.  Or maybe you commies don't like America???

LOL. Piss off gramps.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2012, 09:28:29 AM »
QFT.

MJ, Prince, Madonna...all great entertainers

I prefer Vanessa Del Rio at her peak

Madonna? GTFO.
Trans Milkshake.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2012, 09:31:18 AM »
Madonna from 1998 and earlier was the shit.  Super talented. I was obsessed with the bitch as a teen. As soon as she started poppin out kids and hit 40 she started goin' in the shitter. By far my favorite white whore.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 09:32:35 AM »

Madonna? GTFO.

of course she is.. or was !

not as 'big' as jackson, but i'd say she was the female equivalent of... in the pop world.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2012, 09:34:06 AM »
What about those fat opera guys like Pavarotti?

Or that blind tenor that sings on the late night tv shows from europe?

Or if athletes are considered "entertainers" then maybe Muhammed Ali?

jprc10

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 09:37:37 AM »

Never wrote one song.

Wrong.

He wrote Love Me Tender & Heartbreak Hotel, probably a few others too.

But that is irrelevant, since the thread title says: "Entertainer", not "song writer".  ;)

jprc10

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2012, 09:39:32 AM »
Elvis Presley.

No one else even close.

Agreed.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2012, 09:46:06 AM »
LOL. Piss off gramps.

;D  Sure, there wasn't any schucking or jiving.......or molesting young kids but Sinatra is still the best.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2012, 09:50:18 AM »
ELVIS STARTED WITH HIM CHANGED THE GAME ALL OTHERS FOLLOWED.

When Elvis got in his forties nobody gave a shit about him, and he was struggling to get his audiences, Jackson at 50 planned 10 concerts in london , the tickets sold out in an hour so they added 40 more, which also sold out and they could have sold more, unfortunalty he died before he could perform.(even though he would have been too sick to perform anyway)Nobody can top that.

" In the space of 24 hours, nearly a million people from around the world registered for pre-sale tickets, enough to fill the venue 50 times over.[25][26] Tickets that had not even been printed were selling on auction website eBay for £300.[19] Sales of Jackson's albums increased following the press conference. Overnight, sales of Off the Wall rose 200%, Bad rose 110%, Dangerous rose 165% and Thriller 25 rose 155%.40 extra dates were added to meet high demand—five of these dates were reserved in their entirety for the public sale.[1]

More than 1.5  million fans caused two sites offering pre-sale tickets to crash within minutes of going online.[28] In the space of two hours, 190,000 tickets were sold.[29] Two million people tried to buy pre-sale tickets in the space of 18 hours.[30] Veronica Schmidt of The Times stated of the reception, "Michael Jackson has floored his critics",[31] while organizers proclaimed it a "cultural phenomenon".[32] It was announced that Jackson would break the record for number of shows performed by an artist at a single venue, which had been set by Prince, who hosted a 21-date residency at the same arena for his Earth Tour."

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2012, 09:54:13 AM »
Wrong.

He wrote Love Me Tender & Heartbreak Hotel, probably a few others too.

But that is irrelevant, since the thread title says: "Entertainer", not "song writer".  ;)

Everyone seems to think that he never wrote anything and that those couple of examples of co written songs are bogus.

I used to love Elvis when i was a kid, i don't know where that came from, Buddy Holly too, really random.

No, i know it's entertainer, but creating he material does have a role to play otherwise it's only the voice. I suppose comedians, actors are entertainers too, strange concept really.
Trans Milkshake.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2012, 09:54:51 AM »
Sinatra farked Ava Gardner. Michael Jackson liked little boys. Who's the greater entertainer?

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2012, 09:55:51 AM »
Would have to say Michael Jackson followed by Prince!

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2012, 09:57:25 AM »
Sinatra farked Ava Gardner. Michael Jackson liked little boys. Who's the greater entertainer?

Well,,,Ava's dead and it's probably not politically correct to ask the kids to rate Michael's performance.
Trans Milkshake.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2012, 09:59:14 AM »
The best there ever was and ever be. Since a child he was born for the stage....

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2012, 10:02:53 AM »
Ive never met anyone who disliked his music, the man yes, but when pushed they all admitted they liked his music, kids, teens, twenties, middle age, elderly, Ive never seen anyone else do that.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2012, 10:03:45 AM »
Ive never met anyone who disliked his music, the man yes, but when pushed they all admitted they liked his music, kids, teens, twenties, middle age, elderly, Ive never seen anyone else do that.

I like two of his songs, every thing else is mainstream lameness.
Trans Milkshake.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2012, 10:13:36 AM »

I like two of his songs, every thing else is mainstream lameness.

Thats my point, everyone likes at least one of his songs.

jprc10

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2012, 10:31:08 AM »

Everyone seems to think that he never wrote anything and that those couple of examples of co written songs are bogus.

I used to love Elvis when i was a kid, i don't know where that came from, Buddy Holly too, really random.

No, i know it's entertainer, but creating he material does have a role to play otherwise it's only the voice. I suppose comedians, actors are entertainers too, strange concept really.

He also co-wrote All Shook Up and That's Someone You Never Forget. What's wrong with that? Plenty of other singers have co written songs or had their songs written for them.

And yes I do consider actors and comedians "entertainers" too. Why would only singers and musicians be considered?
That is why I consider Elvis the greatest ever, he had the voice, dance moves, charisma, looks, etc. He did songs, movies, etc.

In the end the title "best ever" is subjective and determined by individual taste.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2012, 10:56:19 AM »
I'll put Christy Canyon up against any of the men you clowns chose. Now there was an entertainer worth watching. Magic.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2012, 11:17:38 AM »
He also co-wrote All Shook Up and That's Someone You Never Forget. What's wrong with that? Plenty of other singers have co written songs or had their songs written for them.

And yes I do consider actors and comedians "entertainers" too. Why would only singers and musicians be considered?
That is why I consider Elvis the greatest ever, he had the voice, dance moves, charisma, looks, etc. He did songs, movies, etc.

In the end the title "best ever" is subjective and determined by individual taste.

That's what i mean though, he got a co written tag for altering a line in heartbreak hotel, i think it was that song anyway, i read it a while back.

I also do, i worded that wrong i was just musing on what it means to be an entertainer.

Of course.
Trans Milkshake.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2012, 11:25:03 AM »
RIP Michael Jackson, you touched so many.  (allegedly)     ;D

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2012, 11:26:10 AM »

Never wrote one song.
thread is greatest "entertainer", not musician.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2012, 11:48:19 AM »
To the Germans in this thread.  I was in Berlin, and there was a huge Michael Jackson shrine on some old Prussian statue.  IT spouted off this long conspiracy theory about how it was a set up and how Sony really drove him to bankruptcy to take his songs, and most likely had him killed.  I took a pic of it, it was kind of cool, had candles all over it.  Anyway, what's the story?

bump for answers

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2012, 11:50:03 AM »
I'll put Christy Canyon up against any of the men you clowns chose. Now there was an entertainer worth watching. Magic.

All time favorite.  Played a mean skin flute
A