Author Topic: CT Shooting - Massive Shooting at School - 27 killed, 20 children  (Read 86156 times)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Re: Massive Shooting at School in Connecticut - 27 killed, 18 children
« Reply #500 on: December 14, 2012, 10:15:42 PM »
It doesn't matter about his mental state/illness ,it's still a random act of violence.

I don't see it that way. A criminal robs a bank, a specific bank. Why that bank when there are thousands of banks? It just happened to be that bank and it's not important, what is important is why.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #501 on: December 14, 2012, 10:19:09 PM »
I don't see it that way. A criminal robs a bank, a specific bank. Why that bank when there are thousands of banks? It just happened to be that bank and it's not important, what is important is why.

I'm confused.
a

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Massive Shooting at School in Connecticut - 27 killed, 20 children
« Reply #502 on: December 14, 2012, 10:19:39 PM »
John Malkovich.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #503 on: December 14, 2012, 10:23:22 PM »

Huh ???

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #504 on: December 14, 2012, 10:26:57 PM »
Huh ???

It was a metaphor or shit like that.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #505 on: December 14, 2012, 10:59:42 PM »
Total failure. that's fucked up. a Metal detector , safety doors and an armed guard will fix that real quick.  like an airlock. can't get in unless you are good to go

If a person wants to get in bad enough they will simply conceal their weapon, and whip it out and shoot the armed guard, shoot their way inside and get to the kids.  Where there's a will, there's a way.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #506 on: December 14, 2012, 11:25:13 PM »
che bringing wisdom to this thread

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #507 on: December 14, 2012, 11:30:13 PM »
Guns don't kill people; people kill people.
Guns are just a tool that people use to achieve their goals.

As someone else pointed out, gun control in this country will do nothing but take guns out of the innocents hands, as there are so many firearms in circulation, that the only people that would hand them over would be the law abiding citizens, you know, the ones not committing murder.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #508 on: December 14, 2012, 11:36:01 PM »
Ban guns ,arm everyone, blah , blah .............etc  nothing is going to work
Random acts of senseless violence like this one are going to happen no matter what  and there's nothing we (or the government ) can do to stop it .

idiot  ::)
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #509 on: December 14, 2012, 11:36:58 PM »
It doesn't matter about his mental state/illness ,it's still a random act of violence.
...and you are still an idiot
!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #510 on: December 14, 2012, 11:37:32 PM »

Yes, but we U.S. citizens have "the right to bear arms" including semi-automatic assault weapons. Some people believe this is a right worth protecting regardless of how many innocent children and people die as a result of it.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #511 on: December 14, 2012, 11:39:21 PM »
che bringing wisdom lunacy to this thread
word
!

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #512 on: December 14, 2012, 11:39:37 PM »
10,728... that still leaves about 300 million of us

:D

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #513 on: December 14, 2012, 11:39:53 PM »

As someone else pointed out, gun control in this country will do nothing but take guns out of the innocents hands, as there are so many firearms in circulation, that the only people that would hand them over would be the law abiding citizens, you know, the ones not committing murder.
dumber than dirt
!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #514 on: December 14, 2012, 11:57:23 PM »
10,728... that still leaves about 300 million of us

:D

What are you suggesting? Are you proposing we put more guns in the hands of wackos who kill innocent people and children to control population growth?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #515 on: December 15, 2012, 12:06:55 AM »
If a person wants to get in bad enough they will simply conceal their weapon, and whip it out and shoot the armed guard, shoot their way inside and get to the kids.  Where there's a will, there's a way.
Metal detectors. When I was student teaching in Baltimore, the school had it's own campus police, and everybody had ID, including me. And everybody went thru the metal detectors. They probably have the wands now. If you wanted to visit, you had to get permission and a pass, and of course you went thru the metal detector.

Now, did this stop things from happening outside the school? No, it didn't. On my first day of observation, there was a campus police officer being loaded into an ambulance.

Groink is right, most inner city schools have more security than suburban schools.

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
  • ...but it's just an empty sandwich bag...
« Reply #516 on: December 15, 2012, 12:12:07 AM »
One day historians will write books on this thread.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #517 on: December 15, 2012, 12:19:06 AM »

When people say 'Guns don't kill people', it sounds like the type of argument a retard would make.  If weapons are not a problem, why does America worry about it's enemies developing weapons of mass destruction, nuclear weapons and long range missiles.  Couldn't IRAN just say, NUKES don't kill people.  It's absolutely absurd to suggest that a culture with a fetish for weapons that can kill many people in a short period of time is safer than a culture that doesn't worship deadly weapons and doesn't cultivate such a lifestyle.  Owning a GUN makes you LESS Safe, not more so!
V

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #519 on: December 15, 2012, 12:24:32 AM »
When people say 'Guns don't kill people', it sounds like the type of argument a retard would make.  If weapons are not a problem, why does America worry about it's enemies developing weapons of mass destruction, nuclear weapons and long range missiles.  Couldn't IRAN just say, NUKES don't kill people.  It's absolutely absurd to suggest that a culture with a fetish for weapons that can kill many people in a short period of time is safer than a culture that doesn't worship deadly weapons and doesn't cultivate such a lifestyle.  Owning a GUN makes you LESS Safe, not more so!

Agreed, last time i checked, That's exactly what guns do, kill things

I guess drills don't drill holes either, LOL

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #520 on: December 15, 2012, 12:44:16 AM »
This is reality people , want your children protected at school? laws ain't gonna do it

Elementary school class in Israel.
Here in Australia, their is ZERO security in Schools, no weapons checks, no metal detectors, no body searches, no mass killings, ZERO fear of a child being gunned down at school.  Australians find Americans bizarre how they let their school systems become an incredibly dangerous place for a child to go to.  When you have decades and decades of continual mass shootings at schools and absolutely nothing changes with the legislature, you have serious issues, with both the people and the politicians.  To get to a point were mass shootings of school children are to be expected and are a common occurrence, something has gone devastatingly wrong with your communities and your culture.  It is sad that you have become conditioned and de-sensitised to this violence that you actually think it is REALITY! It could only BECOME a reality if the CULTURE and the PEOPLE allowed it too.
V

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #521 on: December 15, 2012, 12:48:24 AM »
I know what I am about to write is controversial. What happened today is more than tragic and I know everyone agrees. I am privileged to work in the public schools as a school psychologist which I have been assigned as for over ten years. I have seen the effects of past school shootings, the 9/11 generation of kids growing up, the war in the middle east, etc. What I know for certain is the amount of anxiety related symptoms I have seen rise over the past five years particularly is tremendous. I continue to be in meetings where parents buy their children violent video games as a reward (btw, these games allow children to practice killing ie halo). Many parents consider these harmless and do not monitor their kids exposure.  Parents, as is their right, continue to purchase weapons/ammunition, which they do not keep locked up. Why is this happening? Why are guns, meant to kill humans not animals, sold publicly? Why, despite YEARS of public education, are these guns not under lock and key? Why, or how, do we adults consider it a fun game/entertainment to allow our children to practice killing people virtually, even when research advises otherwise?

Posted on FaceBook today by an acquaintance of mine.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #522 on: December 15, 2012, 01:32:34 AM »
Posted on FaceBook today by an acquaintance of mine.
People never pay close attention...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #523 on: December 15, 2012, 02:47:01 AM »
You cant compare Japan and the USA shear Land mass and population dont compare so of course crime is going to be greater in the USA.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #524 on: December 15, 2012, 03:08:14 AM »
Here in Australia, their is ZERO security in Schools, no weapons checks, no metal detectors, no body searches, no mass killings, ZERO fear of a child being gunned down at school.  Australians find Americans bizarre how they let their school systems become an incredibly dangerous place for a child to go to.  When you have decades and decades of continual mass shootings at schools and absolutely nothing changes with the legislature, you have serious issues, with both the people and the politicians.  To get to a point were mass shootings of school children are to be expected and are a common occurrence, something has gone devastatingly wrong with your communities and your culture.  It is sad that you have become conditioned and de-sensitised to this violence that you actually think it is REALITY! It could only BECOME a reality if the CULTURE and the PEOPLE allowed it too.

Again Australia is NOT the U.S. stop thinking what works in your country would work in this one. Americans are violent and guns are means to that end , get rid of guns that means changes , it's the mentality of violence that needs to change , along with other factors.

300 millions gun in the U.S you think you can confiscate them all? you think banning them prevents people from getting them? coke , meth , heroin , etc are all banned  yet people can still get them , see a pattern? ban guns what does that mean?

Stop acting like your country is the solution and you don't know what you're talking about , you don't. Your responses aren't very well thought out and are based on ignorance and sound bites and what works in your country

New laws wouldn't have prevented this
Banning guns wouldn't have prevented this
Being like your country wouldn't have prevented this