Author Topic: CT Shooting - Massive Shooting at School - 27 killed, 20 children  (Read 86501 times)

MikMaq

Re: Massive Shooting at School in Connecticut - 27 killed, 20 children
« Reply #575 on: December 15, 2012, 06:46:06 AM »
I'd love to see that actually. I don't doubt you at all that there are plenty of cases where guns have come in handy. Just don't post individual anecdotes(which can be done by any side of the argument) as it's not very illuminating, I'd be more interested in overall statistics when it comes to guns vs no guns.
But that is his argument that because some random folk do actually do things right it outweights the fact that so many more do things wrong.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #576 on: December 15, 2012, 06:47:04 AM »
 8)

http://www.newsmax.com/Hirsen/Angelina-Jolie/2008/06/02/id/323896
Angelina Jolie Touts Gun Ownership

“I bought original, real guns of the type we used in ‘Tomb Raider’ for security. Brad and I are not against having a gun in the house, and we do have one,” Jolie tells the U.K. Daily Mail.

In case you’re wondering whether a Malibu celeb would really use a firearm for self-defense, Jolie supplies the answer: “Yes, I'd be able to use it if I had to. I could handle myself. I think there are certain combat skills that would come out.

“If anybody comes into my home and tries to hurt my kids, I've no problem shooting them,”

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #577 on: December 15, 2012, 06:49:40 AM »
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/entertainment/brad-pitt-buying-angelina-jolie-gun-range

Brad Pitt Buying Angelina Jolie a Gun Range

Mon, September 03, 2012
Brad Pitt has splashed out $250,000 on a gun range as a wedding gift for Angelina Jolie.

The couple are getting married at their French estate Miraval later this year and Brad installed the range and armory for his future bride.

A source told The Sun newspaper, “Brad had a lot to live up with his wedding gift considering Angelina exchanged vials of blood with her ex-husband Billy-Bob Thornton.

“But Ange clearly finds shooting an aphrodisiac. When she and Brad were around weapons on the set of 2005′s ‘Mr & Mrs Smith’ they ended up together.”

The insider adds, “And by letting Angelina de-stress at the range, he’s less likely to get earache indoors. There’s a lot to be said for that when you have six kids.”

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie became engaged in April of this year after dating for seven years. The couple admits their six children has been pressuring them to get married.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #578 on: December 15, 2012, 06:49:54 AM »
You're so predictable Adonis. You can flood the thread with anecdotes all you want, but it still won't prove your point. All you're doing is making people scroll through the thread without reading anything.
from incomplete data

MikMaq

« Reply #579 on: December 15, 2012, 06:50:29 AM »
You're so predictable Adonis. You can flood the thread with anecdotes all you want, but it still won't prove your point. All you're doing is making people scroll through the thread without reading anything.
Sssshhhhhh he's trying to troll.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #580 on: December 15, 2012, 06:51:05 AM »
You can`t boil it down to one statistic sorry.  Someone breaks into your house, which can happen at anytime, you need to have the right to end them.  Its as simple as that.  What more do you want to see or "know"?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #581 on: December 15, 2012, 06:52:45 AM »
Even if we banned guns tommorow where are all the existing guns going to go?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #582 on: December 15, 2012, 06:53:40 AM »
You can`t boil it down to one statistic sorry.  Someone breaks into your house, which can happen at anytime, you need to have the right to end them.  Its as simple as that.  What more do you want to see or "know"?

I'm curios to find out if nation wide gun ownership is helpful in preventing or stopping crimes or if it's counterproductive. We can talk about hypothetical situations all day long but it won't make us any wiser about America today.
from incomplete data

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #583 on: December 15, 2012, 06:54:02 AM »
My bunker ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MikMaq

« Reply #584 on: December 15, 2012, 06:54:07 AM »
this is your quasi religious argument again. I really don't care if you get killed. What I care about is society as a whole.

The odds of me getting fucked up in a home invasion get so much higher the second I goto a place with more guns.

This is why your arguments are so laughable, the level of saftey I have where I live compared to yours is just ironic.

MikMaq

« Reply #585 on: December 15, 2012, 06:54:58 AM »
As I said, thats the one argument you got stick to that one. That is the only thing you got.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #587 on: December 15, 2012, 06:56:33 AM »

It just might be that it's way too late for that now. Even if ALL guns were banned tomorrow, it would probably take a very, very long time before it has any effect since there already are so many guns in circulation. It's pretty obvious by now that restricting gun ownership doesn't really do much at this point. The problem America is facing seems to go deeper than that.
from incomplete data

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #588 on: December 15, 2012, 06:57:58 AM »
I'm curios to find out if nation wide gun ownership is helpful in preventing or stopping crimes or if it's counterproductive. We can talk about hypothetical situations all day long but it won't make us any wiser about America today.
How can you measure people NOT breaking into houses or a particular area because they KNOW that nearly everyone has a gun and therefore they don`t dare break in? 

MikMaq

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #590 on: December 15, 2012, 06:59:14 AM »
It just might be that it's way too late for that now. Even if ALL guns were banned tomorrow, it would probably take a very, very long time before it has any effect since there already are so many guns in circulation. It's pretty obvious by now that restricting gun ownership doesn't really do much at this point. The problem America is facing seems to go deeper than that.
What is someone to do if they live in a rural area and the nearest Law Enforcement is 20 miles away and somebody is bashing the door in?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #591 on: December 15, 2012, 06:59:55 AM »
How can you measure people NOT breaking into houses or a particular area because they KNOW that nearly everyone has a gun and therefore they don`t dare break in? 

I wouldn't agree with that premise but lets assume it's true that it can't be measured, then how would you be able to back up the very point you're trying to make? Can you only do it hypothetically?
from incomplete data

MikMaq

« Reply #592 on: December 15, 2012, 07:00:46 AM »
What is someone to do if they live in a rural area and the nearest Law Enforcement is 20 miles away and somebody is bashing the door in?
Leave there home, and let the thieves do what they want.

EDIT: FUCK OFF FUCKROD.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #593 on: December 15, 2012, 07:03:06 AM »

Carry a piece perhaps? I don't know what the best solution is really, that's what I'm curios to find out. But just assuming that a gun is going to solve all your problems is basically just saying that you like the idea of defending yourself with a gun, but don't give a shit about any other aspects.

I'm ready to be persuaded either way. But I need to see actual statistical evidence before making up my mind.
from incomplete data

MikMaq

« Reply #594 on: December 15, 2012, 07:04:16 AM »
Carry a piece perhaps? I don't know what the best solution is really, that's what I'm curios to find out. But just assuming that a gun is going to solve all your problems is basically just saying that you like the idea of defending yourself with a gun, but don't give a shit about any other aspects.

I'm ready to be persuaded either way. But I need to see actual statistical evidence before making up my mind.
The scenarios bullshit, in most small towns crime is usually personal in nature.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #595 on: December 15, 2012, 07:04:47 AM »

http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

* At the current homicide rate, roughly one in every 240 Americans will be murdered.[23]

* A U.S. Justice Department study based on crime data from 1974-1985 found:

• 42% of Americans will be the victim of a completed violent crime (assault, robbery, rape) in the course of their lives
• 83% of Americans will be the victim of an attempted or completed violent crime
• 52% of Americans will be the victim of an attempted or completed violent crime more than once[24]

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #596 on: December 15, 2012, 07:05:22 AM »

* A 1994 survey conducted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that Americans use guns to frighten away intruders who are breaking into their homes about 498,000 times per year.[20]

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #597 on: December 15, 2012, 07:06:29 AM »

* A 1982 survey of male felons in 11 state prisons dispersed across the U.S. found:[21]

• 34% had been "scared off, shot at, wounded, or captured by an armed victim"
• 40% had decided not to commit a crime because they "knew or believed that the victim was carrying a gun"
• 69% personally knew other criminals who had been "scared off, shot at, wounded, or captured by an armed victim"[22]

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #598 on: December 15, 2012, 07:07:30 AM »

MikMaq

« Reply #599 on: December 15, 2012, 07:07:56 AM »

* At the current homicide rate, roughly one in every 240 Americans will be murdered.[23]

* A U.S. Justice Department study based on crime data from 1974-1985 found:

• 42% of Americans will be the victim of a completed violent crime (assault, robbery, rape) in the course of their lives
• 83% of Americans will be the victim of an attempted or completed violent crime
• 52% of Americans will be the victim of an attempted or completed violent crime more than once[24]

How about you get a clear definition what those stats.

Chick being raped by people they know, is not part of the argument.

Nor is being punched, push over, or other violent inccidents.