Author Topic: CT Shooting - Massive Shooting at School - 27 killed, 20 children  (Read 86470 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Massive Shooting at School in Connecticut - 27 killed, 20 children
« Reply #725 on: December 15, 2012, 12:53:01 PM »
Attacking is an instinct you are born with imop. And most aren't born with this instinct. We've all seen video's of cops running for their lives when someone pulls out a gun and starts shooting. And these are people who are trained to fight.

it can probably be trained in people who would otherwise run.  Once they understand the % chances of survival of lying on floor vs fighting, that might help.  I dunno.

I do know that when someone wakes me up suddenly in middle of night, I tend to attack out of habit, instinct, whatever.  I've nearly given the wifey a black eye on occasion :)  If I get startled or shook while sleeping, I get aggressive to defend.  Of course, I'ma paranoid militant type, uncomfy in most places and definitely wolf not sheep.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #726 on: December 15, 2012, 12:53:17 PM »
Attacking is an instinct you are born with imop. And most aren't born with this instinct. We've all seen video's of cops running for their lives when someone pulls out a gun and starts shooting. And these are people who are trained to fight.
240 is just talking out of his ass .

''Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.''
                                                                                   Mike Tyson

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #727 on: December 15, 2012, 12:54:40 PM »
Not knowing the architecture of the school, the windows may cover an entire wall, giving an adequate escape route.

You're missing the point, when the shooting started, get the kids out immediately. Don't sit in the classroom waiting for the gunman to come to you.

sorry, i agree with you there - I was referring to situation where shooter was inside my classroom and i have 30 seconds to live.

if he's in hallway, i baracade kids or escape, whichever feasible, and then fight if he tries entry.  I was talking about the gunfight IN the room.  

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #728 on: December 15, 2012, 12:56:47 PM »
My random thoughts regarding gun control and violence in the U.S.

The shooter in Connecticut likely had a psychotic break (went nuts). We can discuss gun control all we like, but that won't change the fact that there will always be someone who loses it and does something crazy like shoot up a school house full of kids, bomb a building or run through a shopping mall killing innocent unsuspecting strangers.

It would be great if we lived in a world where there were no weapons and no violence. But to think that is going to happen any time soon. I do believe there is no reason private citizens need to own or keep assault weapons and that they should be illegal. I also believe that if someone wants to commit an act of violence, for whatever reason, they will figure out a way to do it, guns or no guns. People have been killing each other since the beginning of time. We can't seem to shake our primitive violent behavior.

It isn't clear to me why the U.S. should have a higher per capita incidence of violent deaths. More gun controls might help and they might change nothing. For the most part we are a nation of independents, meaning we don't do much personally to help each other out. Because it is unpopular and expensive to institutionalize the insane, many of them walk our streets. In many families, even when someone is in desperate straights we don't help them or give them a leg up, the best we can do is send them to the welfare office or direct them to some shelter. I have been in other developed countries and it doesn't seem to be this way everywhere. However, U.S. culture is often a pacesetter for the rest of the world in that what happens here becomes popular elsewhere. If that is true, then we are all headed in the wrong direction the world over.

Most Americans don't realize this but, this tragedy isn't even the worst massacre of schoolchildren ever. In Bath Michigan more kids were killed and NOT ONE gun was used.

But let's keep blaming guns and not the crazy fuckers pulling the triggers.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #729 on: December 15, 2012, 12:56:51 PM »
it can probably be trained in people who would otherwise run.  Once they understand the % chances of survival of lying on floor vs fighting, that might help.  I dunno.

I do know that when someone wakes me up suddenly in middle of night, I tend to attack out of habit, instinct, whatever.  I've nearly given the wifey a black eye on occasion :)  If I get startled or shook while sleeping, I get aggressive to defend.  Of course, I'ma paranoid militant type, uncomfy in most places and definitely wolf not sheep.

Video of highly trained officer running for cover. Shit happens way too fast. If someone has a gun pointed at you from a distance of over 10 feet, moving toward the gun is in most cases suicide.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #730 on: December 15, 2012, 12:58:26 PM »
will this latest Tragedy in American schools change things?........Probably not.....we will keep seeing the same catastrophy from time to time and the Second Amendment will remain the Winner in this battle......I will keep my two Guns.....my records are clean and I'm a responsible owner....I can't speak for others

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #732 on: December 15, 2012, 01:00:06 PM »
NEWTOWN, Conn. –  Town officials in Connecticut say the principal who died in the rampage at an elementary school was killed while lunging at the gunman as she tried to overtake him. Yep of course she did, town officials witnessed this did they.

Dawn Hochsprung was gunned down in Friday's massacre in Newtown. Board of Education chairwoman Debbie Liedlien says administrators were coming out of a meeting when the gunman forced his way into the school and ran toward him. Dawn is not smart.

Jeff Capeci (kuh-PEE'-chee) is chairman of the town's Legislative Council. Asked whether Hochsprung is a hero, he says, "From what we know, it's hard to classify her as anything else." Jeff is making shit up.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/15/connecticut-school-principal-died-lunging-at-gunman-officials-say/#ixzz2F9iZ3NI4

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #733 on: December 15, 2012, 01:02:10 PM »
Cops instinct to run saved his life here. If the cop went at the guy when the guy pulled the gun, the cop probably would have been dead.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #734 on: December 15, 2012, 01:03:54 PM »
will this latest Tragedy in American schools change things?........Probably not.....we will keep seeing the same catastrophy from time to time and the Second Amendment will remain the Winner in this battle......I will keep my two Guns.....my records are clean and I'm a responsible owner....I can't speak for others

[Troll Voice] I think what liberals are telling gun owners is to shoot every fucking socially inept, smart, nerdy male you see between the ages of 17-24 in case they turn out to be mass murderers. [Troll Voice]

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #735 on: December 15, 2012, 01:19:07 PM »
240 is just talking out of his ass .

''Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.''
                                                                                   Mike Tyson

Excellent quote.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #736 on: December 15, 2012, 05:32:44 PM »
In Bath Michigan more kids were killed and NOT ONE gun was used.

He did use a gun to detonate a bomb!
V

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #737 on: December 15, 2012, 05:36:46 PM »
He did use a gun to detonate a bomb!

Not the one that killed the children

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #738 on: December 15, 2012, 05:55:19 PM »
So the gun industry is to blame for the acts of lunatics?  ???
No, they are to blame for making it possible for LUNATICS to kill masses of people in a short period of time!
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #739 on: December 15, 2012, 05:59:25 PM »
You cower in the corner and hope for the best. I don't mind people who don't want to own a gun , but to say I can't , seriously
But doesn't America prevent other countries from developing NUKES or other weapons of Mass destruction.  If these inanimate objects don't kill people, what are they so afraid of.  Why restrict ownership of anything then? If I can responsibly own a nuclear device, what's the problem?
V

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #740 on: December 15, 2012, 06:10:11 PM »
But doesn't America prevent other countries from developing NUKES or other weapons of Mass destruction.  If these inanimate objects don't kill people, what are they so afraid of.  Why restrict ownership of anything then? If I can responsibly own a nuclear device, what's the problem?

Beyond lame , not even worthy of a response.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #741 on: December 15, 2012, 06:11:43 PM »
No, they are to blame for making it possible for LUNATICS to kill masses of people in a short period of time!

Keep trying to shift the responsibility to everyone and everything other than the asshole who did this.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #742 on: December 15, 2012, 06:15:33 PM »
Why? ()

Because people are

fucking incomprehensible.

"Why?"

Michael Clayton

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #743 on: December 15, 2012, 06:16:02 PM »
Why? ()

Because people are

fucking incomprehensible.

"Why?"

Michael Clayton

Awesome movie.

MikMaq

« Reply #744 on: December 15, 2012, 06:38:35 PM »
Dudes no lunatic, it was essentially a suicide. A dramatic suicide but still a suicide.

These's aren't crimes of lunes, there by people that are quite sane.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #745 on: December 15, 2012, 06:54:08 PM »
I think America is at a crossroad, if they refuse to change now, this is what they can look forward to from now on, it will be unsafe to go to the Shopping Mall, the Movie theatre, the School, the Grocery store, essentially, their will be nowhere you can be safe.  And all for what, so some lunatics can go to the shooting range and enhance their deficient personalities, pathetic egos and lack of manhood by shooting at targets.  America has become a perverse parody of what a Good Country should be, they are the least FREE, the least SAFE, the least CARING, the least ENLIGHTENED of all the first world countries.  They have become the laughing stock of the First World.
V

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #746 on: December 15, 2012, 06:55:26 PM »
Grandpa always thought America was at a crossroads, but he always said that is what made America Great.  No matter which road you cross, you are still in America.

No better words to live by than those.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #747 on: December 15, 2012, 06:56:49 PM »
I think America is at a crossroad, if they refuse to change now, this is what they can look forward to from now on, it will be unsafe to go to the Shopping Mall, the Movie theatre, the School, the Grocery store, essentially, their will be nowhere you can be safe.  And all for what, so some lunatics can go to the shooting range and enhance their deficient personalities, pathetic egos and lack of manhood by shooting at targets.  America has become a perverse parody of what a Good Country should be, they are the least FREE, the least SAFE, the least CARING, the least ENLIGHTENED of all the first world countries.  They have become the laughing stock of the First World.
Grandpa used to pick the boys up from little league and take them camping with a quick stop for ice cream.  Do that nowadays and you end up in jail.  Its a sign of the times.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #748 on: December 15, 2012, 07:02:08 PM »
Grandpa always thought America was at a crossroads, but he always said that is what made America Great.  No matter which road you cross, you are still in America.

No better words to live by than those.
Masses of children aren't brutally murdered while at school in Great Countries! Grandpa was an idiot!
V

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #749 on: December 15, 2012, 07:05:05 PM »
Masses of children aren't brutally murdered while at school in Great Countries! Grandpa was an idiot!
Grandpa always said if anyone was going to do a mass shooting, it would be the japs.  Turns out he was right afterall.