Author Topic: CT Shooting - Massive Shooting at School - 27 killed, 20 children  (Read 86417 times)

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
Re: CT Shooting - Massive Shooting at School - 27 killed, 20 children
« Reply #950 on: December 17, 2012, 09:15:47 PM »
Hey, one out of fifty ain't bad.

Why change anything?

Maybe we should get rid of seatbelts in cars, since not wearing one saves somebody once in a great while.

garebear
why do you
avoid the
questions about
your checkered
past

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #951 on: December 17, 2012, 09:43:13 PM »

Why change anything?

Maybe we should get rid of seatbelts in cars, since not wearing one saves somebody once in a great while.
Seatbelts should not be required to wear in a car.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #952 on: December 17, 2012, 09:47:25 PM »
garebear
why do you
avoid the
questions about
your checkered
past
Why did you rape your nephew?

G

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #953 on: December 17, 2012, 10:18:41 PM »
Seatbelts should not be required to wear in a car.

I live in CT and only driver/front passanger is required by law to have a seatbelt. if your 18+ and in the back seat you dont need to wear one. the law might have changed though.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #954 on: December 18, 2012, 12:44:29 AM »
I think speed limits should be removed, millions of people speed and never kill anybody, why punish the responsible speeders?  Only a tiny fraction of people are killed by speeders, you have more chance of being hit by lighting.  As a matter of fact, speeding has helped prevent accidents, as matter of fact if a responsible speeder wants to catch a dangerous one, he needs to speed (responsibly of course).  Speed Limits is just another way of infringing on personal freedom, and for what, to save a few lives!
V

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #955 on: December 18, 2012, 02:12:56 AM »
I think speed limits should be removed, millions of people speed and never kill anybody, why punish the responsible speeders?  Only a tiny fraction of people are killed by speeders, you have more chance of being hit by lighting.  As a matter of fact, speeding has helped prevent accidents, as matter of fact if a responsible speeder wants to catch a dangerous one, he needs to speed (responsibly of course).  Speed Limits is just another way of infringing on personal freedom, and for what, to save a few lives!
Haha.

Good post.
G

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #956 on: December 18, 2012, 07:10:42 AM »

Why change anything?

I don't care if you wear your seat belt, I don't care if you put batteries in your fire alarms, I don't care if you have a fire extinguisher in your kitchen. You make your own decisions and you live with them.

What I care about is people like you who think you have the right to limit someone else's rights.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #957 on: December 18, 2012, 07:19:51 AM »

Thats the thing. People are saying that their rights are being taken away by gun control or whatever. Do people realize just how many of our rights are already taken away. As you stated sarcastically, you cannot go over the speed limit without potentially getting fined. So many things already limit our freedom.
X

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #958 on: December 18, 2012, 07:23:17 AM »
Thats the thing. People are saying that their rights are being taken away by gun control or whatever. Do people realize just how many of our rights are already taken away. As you stated sarcastically, you cannot go over the speed limit without potentially getting fined. So many things already limit our freedom.

So just give up more in the false hope of security ? 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #959 on: December 18, 2012, 08:35:20 AM »
I live in CT and only driver/front passanger is required by law to have a seatbelt. if your 18+ and in the back seat you dont need to wear one. the law might have changed though.
Seatbelts should be a personal choice and not be required. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #960 on: December 18, 2012, 08:38:18 AM »
Agree. People's lives should be up to them.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #961 on: December 18, 2012, 09:21:22 AM »
Exactly. And people like you are fine giving up certain rights as long as they don't affect you. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #962 on: December 18, 2012, 09:41:31 AM »
Whats your point?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #963 on: December 18, 2012, 10:14:24 AM »
But some gun advocates, like Republican Representative Louis Gohmert of Texas, are saying that the shooting could have been prevented if more responsible adults in the area -- like principal Dawn Hochsprung, who was killed when she confronted the gunman -- had been armed themselves.

"I wish to God she had had an M-4 in her office, locked up so when she heard gunfire, she pulls it out and she didn't have to lunge heroically with nothing in her hands," he told Fox News on Sunday. "But she takes him (the shooter) out, takes his head off before he can kill those precious kids."
a

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #964 on: December 18, 2012, 10:19:03 AM »
But some gun advocates, like Republican Representative Louis Gohmert of Texas, are saying that the shooting could have been prevented if more responsible adults in the area -- like principal Dawn Hochsprung, who was killed when she confronted the gunman -- had been armed themselves.

"I wish to God she had had an M-4 in her office, locked up so when she heard gunfire, she pulls it out and she didn't have to lunge heroically with nothing in her hands," he told Fox News on Sunday. "But she takes him (the shooter) out, takes his head off before he can kill those precious kids."
I love how they go straight to the M4. Not a pistol locked in the desk, no, an M4 carbine. Lol. I guess that's part of the reason they get so demonized.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #965 on: December 18, 2012, 10:20:25 AM »

good idea, an M4 in each classroom. why not go farther and give each kid a glock? instead of health class it can be called "shootin classg". how dumb are these people?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #966 on: December 18, 2012, 10:33:05 AM »
good idea, an M4 in each classroom. why not go farther and give each kid a glock? instead of health class it can be called "shootin classg". how dumb are these people?
In High School I had an Archery Class, I don`t recall anyone ever using a bow and arrow other than to hit the targets.  :)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #967 on: December 18, 2012, 10:35:00 AM »
In High School I had an Archery Class, I don`t recall anyone ever using a bow and arrow other than to hit the targets.  :)
But, like, thats different, because thats a sport.

/sarcasm

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #968 on: December 18, 2012, 10:38:31 AM »

How profound.

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #969 on: December 18, 2012, 10:45:28 AM »
But, like, thats different, because thats a sport.

/sarcasm

m4 vs a dull arrow and cheap bow? ehhh

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #970 on: December 18, 2012, 10:58:27 AM »
m4 vs a dull arrow and cheap bow? ehhh
My point was that shooting is also a sport. Not the M4 itself, having an M4 for a school target shooting class would not quiet fit.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #971 on: December 18, 2012, 11:22:13 AM »

I used to agree with you.

But with nationalized healthcare in place, everyone foots the bill. Government will have a lot more to say about how to live your life as peoples health affect government expenditures.

Before it was more up to the insurance companies to inform and push for more regulations and laws.

Now that the government pays a bigger part they will simply force you do behave as they see fit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #972 on: December 18, 2012, 11:22:28 AM »
Source: CT Murderer Lived in Windowless Basement Playing Violent Video Games
 Andrew Brietbart's Big Government ^ | 18 Dec 2012, 7:21 AM PDT | Tony Lee

Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:18:09

Adam Lanza, the shooter who massacred 20 children and six adults last Friday at Sandy Hook Elementary School, spent hours in the windowless basement of his home playing violent video games like "Call of Duty" and obsessing over "guns and military equipment."

Peter Wlasuk, a plumber who worked at the Lanza home, told The Sun that Lanza "lived in the basement" and he found it "strange."

"He had a proper set up down there — computers, a bathroom, bed and desk and a TV," Wlasuk said. "There were no windows.”

Wlasuk said he went down to the basement on numerous occasions while doing work at Lanza's home and said Lanza also had a "huge poster with every tank ever made" and another one with "every piece of military equipment the U.S. ever made." He said the Lanza brothers could tell "you about guns they had never seen from the 40s, 50s and 60s."

Lanza was suspected of being mentally ill and may have had Asperger's. His high school assigned him to a counselor because they feared he may harm himself but not others.

According to reports, Lanza's mother was a "a gun enthusiast who owned at least five weapons" and "took her younger son to a local firing range just days before the rampage."

A family friend told NBC that Lanza's mother said she wanted to introduce Adam to guns to teach him a "sense of responsibility."

“Guns require a lot of respect and she really tried to instill that," the friend said. "And he took to it. He loved being careful with them. He made it a source of pride.”

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #973 on: December 18, 2012, 11:27:30 AM »
40 pages and you guys are using the same arguments that you used the last time there was a mass shooting. The gun control 'war' ended years ago and the pro-weapons side handily won. The cost exacted was/will be more of these type events. Live with it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #974 on: December 18, 2012, 11:29:17 AM »
40 pages and you guys are using the same arguments that you used the last time there was a mass shooting. The gun control 'war' ended years ago and the pro-weapons side handily won. The cost exacted was/will be more of these type events. Live with it.

So you blame the gun and not the murderer?