Author Topic: CT Shooting - Massive Shooting at School - 27 killed, 20 children  (Read 86354 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: CT Shooting - Massive Shooting at School - 27 killed, 20 children
« Reply #975 on: December 18, 2012, 11:31:31 AM »
So you blame the gun and not the murderer? 
You're exactly the type of person that should be nowhere near an inquiry into gun violence, let alone an actual weapon.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #976 on: December 18, 2012, 11:33:08 AM »
40 pages and you guys are using the same arguments that you used the last time there was a mass shooting. The gun control 'war' ended years ago and the pro-weapons side handily won. The cost exacted was/will be more of these type events. Live with it.
I think that's a pretty broad statement.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #977 on: December 18, 2012, 11:33:17 AM »
You're exactly the type of person that should be nowhere near an inquiry into gun violence, let alone an actual weapon.

The genie is long at the lamp monkey brains

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #978 on: December 18, 2012, 11:39:19 AM »
The Antipsychotic Prescribed To Adam Lanza Has A Troubled History All Its Own
Geoffrey Ingersoll|3 minutes ago|7|

By now the whole country is fully embroiled in the Gun Control debate, spurred by the grisly murder of 27 people, mostly kids, at the Sandy Hook Elementary school last Friday.

Guns might not be the only problem though.

New York Magazine wrote a piece about shooter Adam Lanza's supposed "aspergers" syndrome as a "red herring" meant to distract from the real problem (guns, of course, but doesn't say so).

Inside the piece though they report Adam Lanza's uncle said the boy was prescribed Fanapt, a controversial anti-psychotic medicine.

Fanapt was the subject of a Examiner report titled, "Fanapt: The Rise And Fall Of The Antipsychotic," which was basically a take down of the whole industry. Why, you might ask?

Because Fanapt is one of a many drugs the FDA pumped out with an ability to exact the opposite desired effect on people: that is, you know, inducing rather than inhibiting psychosis and aggressive behavior.

In fact, Fanapt was dropped by its first producer, picked up by another, initially rejected by the FDA, then later picked up and mass produced. The adverse side-effect is said to be "infrequent," but still it exists, and can't be ignored.

The reaction invoked by the drug in some people is reminiscent of the Jeffrey R. MacDonald case, where a Green Beret slaughtered his entire family and then fabricated a story about a marauding troop of "hopped up hippies".

MacDonald though, had Eskatrol in his system, a weight-loss amphetamine that's since been banned in part for its side effects of psychotic behavior and aggression.

These drugs are not the only ones that can cause the opposite of their desired affect. Several anti-depressant medications are also restricted to adults for the depression they inspire in kids rather than eliminate.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/adam-lanza-taking-antipsychotic-fanapt-2012-12#ixzz2FQymrDRp

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #979 on: December 18, 2012, 11:46:00 AM »
I think that's a pretty broad statement.
Well. Wait for the next one, and see the same people spewing the same arguments.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #980 on: December 18, 2012, 11:46:23 AM »
Killer’s data destruction: Adam Lanza smashed hard drive before massacre
By JEANE MACINTOSH
Last Updated: 10:33 AM, December 18, 2012
Posted: 12:30 AM, December 18, 2012

Before he set off on his heinous rampage, Connecticut school shooter Adam Lanza tried to cover his deadly tracks by smashing the hard drive of at least one of his cherished computers, according to investigators.

The shattered drive was recovered during a search of the home of Nancy Lanza, the killer’s doting mom — and his first victim.

Forensics experts were trying yesterday to piece the broken hard drive together, hoping it will help reveal clues about the horrific Sandy Hook Elementary School slaughter, which left 20 little kids and six educators dead.

It is unclear whether information could be retrieved from the battered drive.

Police have declined specific comment on any evidence gathered at the school or Nancy Lanza’s home and said they were not yet ready to discuss a possible motive.

A source told the Connecticut Post that medications usually prescribed for mental illness were not found at the home.

Investigators are trying determine if Lanza was being treated for a medical or psychiatric ailment, and what, if anything, was prescribed, the source told the paper.

Lanza's parents had previously told poeple their son had Asperger's syndrome, a form of high-functioning autism, but it is unclear if he had ever been formally diagnosed.

Last night that investigators also seized cellphones and computer games.

"It's pretty clear he was an avid gamer," a source told the paper.

"Many of these games are very, very violent," FBI investigator Robert Paquette told the Post. "I can't help but believe these can affect the minds of someone unbalanced."

Adam’s father, Peter, a tax expert, and older brother, Ryan, 24, have spent hours answering questions for state and federal investigators but have been unable to shed any light on what sparked Adam’s deadly rage.

“In all that time, they got no real information that could help figure this out,” one source familiar with the interviews told The Post.

Nancy Lanza — who was shot in the head four times by her son before his schoolhouse massacre — gave no indication she thought he was about to snap, friends said.

Diagnosed with the autism-related Asperger’s syndrome and afflicted with a medical condition that kept him from feeling physical pain, Adam Lanza had lived with his mother since his parents’ amicable 2009 divorce.

The Lanzas’ divorce mediator, Paula Levy, yesterday said both parents were concerned about getting the best care and attention for their troubled son. Nancy Lanza got $289,800 a year in alimony and shared custody of Adam, court records show.

“The only two things I remember them saying is that she really didn’t like to leave him alone. And I know they went out of their way to accommodate him,” said Levy.

Adam Lanza, 20, spent much of his time at his mom’s home alone in one of two bedrooms he used, either reading or on his computers, friends said.

“He was always home at 11,” Nancy Lanza’s friend Ellen Adriani said. “Nancy said he was a night owl. He tended to stay up and read into the morning.

“It was unusual,” Adriani noted of the morning Lanza unleashed his evil fury, for Adam “to be up that early.”

When Adam was in high school, he was also given extra supervision by teachers and staff.

Former Newtown HS security head Richard Novia saidNancy Lanza met with counselors and administrators to find ways to keep him safe. Novia said Lanza was such an awkward misfit that he worried the boy would be bullied, but that he wasn’t a threat to others.

“He would have an episode, and she’d have to return or come to the high school and deal with it,” Novia said, noting that Adam Lanza would sometime completely withdraw from tasks.

“We were worried about him being the victim, or that he could hurt himself” Novia said.

Meanwhile, Adam’s former childhood babysitter, Ryan Kraft, recalled that Nancy Lanza was insistent that he watch her quiet, introverted son like a hawk.

“[She said] to keep an eye on him at all times,” Kraft told CBS. “To never turn my back, or even to go to the bathroom or anything like that.”

Additional reporting by Jennifer Bain, Josh Margolin and AP

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #981 on: December 18, 2012, 11:48:40 AM »
But some gun advocates, like Republican Representative Louis Gohmert of Texas, are saying that the shooting could have been prevented if more responsible adults in the area -- like principal Dawn Hochsprung, who was killed when she confronted the gunman -- had been armed themselves.

"I wish to God she had had an M-4 in her office, locked up so when she heard gunfire, she pulls it out and she didn't have to lunge heroically with nothing in her hands," he told Fox News on Sunday. "But she takes him (the shooter) out, takes his head off before he can kill those precious kids."

How is that funny? The idea that teachers should have ( while not an M4) but some weapon to defend themselves in situations like these is funny to you?
all drugs - TPPIIP

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #982 on: December 18, 2012, 11:48:47 AM »
Man... que the violent video game excuses. Anything to take away from the fact that the kid was a goddamn headcase.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #983 on: December 18, 2012, 11:51:36 AM »
Here we go with the Video Games.  ::)  I hate when people don`t know what they are talking about.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #984 on: December 18, 2012, 11:59:31 AM »
Man... que the violent video game excuses. Anything to take away from the fact that the kid was a goddamn headcase.

Chyeahh....blaming video is plain stupid now considering millions of kids, teens and young adults play them.
all drugs - TPPIIP

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #985 on: December 18, 2012, 11:59:56 AM »
Chyeahh....blaming video is plain stupid now considering millions of kids, teens and young adults play them.

Same for guns.   

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #986 on: December 18, 2012, 12:33:19 PM »
do you think there should be any laws at all?

every law infringes some freedom somehow for someone.

but without law, there can be no freedom
The laws are fine how they are.  No need to change anything. 

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #987 on: December 18, 2012, 12:39:14 PM »
Perhaps this tragedy would of never happened if the owner of the firearms used in the crime had the guns secured locked or stored in a gun safe, where the owner is the only person with the combination.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #988 on: December 18, 2012, 12:56:01 PM »
For all the people who think we should get rid of all guns from society...Would you be opposed of getting rid of a certain ethnic group or groups who statistically do most of the crimes?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #989 on: December 18, 2012, 12:57:18 PM »

They Need To Ban Woman from owning GUNS, Adam's Whore mother should be More Concerned on how to fire a Stove then a motha fucking Pistol

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #990 on: December 18, 2012, 01:44:00 PM »
How is that funny? The idea that teachers should have ( while not an M4) but some weapon to defend themselves in situations like these is funny to you?

Yes killer, it's funny, it's comedy gold. It's should be on Dave Letterman's top-10 it's so fucking funny.

"The principal ran to her gun safe, took out her machine gun and killed the intruder." Then she went back to setting up the PTA meeting and arranging for a Secret Santa gift exchange.
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #991 on: December 18, 2012, 01:45:05 PM »
 ;)

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #992 on: December 18, 2012, 01:49:26 PM »

They Need To Ban Woman from owning GUNS, Adam's Whore mother should be More Concerned on how to fire a Stove then a motha fucking Pistol

I mean really. I live in CT been to places around New-town its the LAST place you need a gun!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #993 on: December 18, 2012, 01:53:43 PM »
One salaried cop at this elementary school for $40k a year would have prevented all of this.  when the kid had to use the rifle to blast his way thru the door, the office staff put the shooting on the intercom. 

everyone on that campus heard the shots.

no matter where the cop was on campus, he could have gotten to the office in less than a minute and engaged the shooter long before he made his way to the classrooms.  There would have been 2-4 dead.  And if the cop was in the office when the shooter blasted the door, the cop might have ended it there.

And the kid MIGHT have driven right past the school, if he knew that cop car parked out front meant he was looking at a gun battle, not a slaughter.

Cause really, a gun ban won't stop the next killer.  He could have made molotov cocktails and killed 100 without blinking.  but a cop would deter a lot of attackers of any variety.  It's common sense.  They spend MILLIONS on projectors and teacher salaries, but can't opt for a $40k salaried cop?   pathetic.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #994 on: December 18, 2012, 02:12:25 PM »
NEWTOWN, Conn. –  The gunman who slaughtered 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut elementary school may have snapped because his mother was planning to commit him to a psychiatric facility, according to a lifelong resident of the area who was familiar with the killer’s family and several of the victims’ families.

Adam Lanza, 20, targeted Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown after killing his mother early Friday because he believed she loved the school “more than she loved him,” said Joshua Flashman, 25, who grew up not far from where the shooting took place. Flashman, a U.S. Marine, is the son of a pastor at an area church where many of the victims' families worship.

“From what I've been told, Adam was aware of her petitioning the court for conservatorship and (her) plans to have him committed," Flashman told FoxNews.com. "Adam was apparently very upset about this. He thought she just wanted to send him away. From what I understand, he was really, really angry. I think this could have been it, what set him off.”

A senior law enforcement official involved in the investigation confirmed that Lanza's anger at his mother over plans for “his future mental health treatment” is being looked at as a possible motive for the deadly shooting.

"He thought she just wanted to send him away. From what I understand, he was really, really angry."

- Joshua Flashman, Newtown resident familiar with Lanza family

Flashman was told Nancy Lanza had begun filing paperwork to get conservatorship over her troubled son, but that could not be confirmed because a court official told FoxNews.com such records are sealed. The move would have been necessary for her to gain the legal right to commit an adult to a hospital or psychiatric facility against his will. A competency hearing had not yet been held.

Adam Lanza attended the Sandy Hook School as a boy, according to Flashman, who said Nancy Lanza had volunteered there for several years. Two law enforcement sources said they believed Nancy Lanza had been volunteering with kindergartners at the school. Most of Lanza's victims were first graders sources believe Nancy Lanza may have worked with last year.

Flashman said Nancy Lanza was also good friends with the school’s principal and psychologist—both of whom were killed in the shooting rampage.

"Adam Lanza believed she cared more for the children than she did for him, and the reason he probably thought this [was the fact that] she was petitioning for conservatorship and wanted to have him committed," Flashman said. "I could understand how he might perceive that—that his mom loved him less than she loved the kids, loved the school. But she did love him. But he was a troubled kid and she probably just couldn’t take care of him by herself anymore."

The Washington Post reported that the distraught mother had considered moving with her son to Washington state, where she had found a school she thought could help him. Either way, according to Flashman, Nancy Lanza was at her wit's end.

A separate neighborhood source also told FoxNews.com that Nancy Lanza had come to the realization she could no longer handle her son alone. She was caring for him full-time, but told friends she needed help. She was planning to have him involuntarily hospitalized, according to the source, who did not know if she had taken formal steps.

SEND TIPS TO guy@FOXNEWS.COM

Multiple sources told FoxNews.com Adam Lanza suffered from Asperger’s syndrome , a form of autism, and other unspecified mental and emotional problems.

Adam Lanza has also been described by those who knew him as highly intelligent, and a spokesman for Western Connecticut State University told The Associated Press he took college classes there when he was 16, earning a 3.26 grade point average and excelling at a computer course.

Alan Diaz, 20, who was friends with Adam Lanza at Newtown High School, said the Lanza he knew was ill-at-ease socially, but not a monster.

"He was a wicked smart kid," Diaz told FoxNews.com by email. "When I first met him, he wouldn't even look at you when you tried to talk to him. Over the year I knew him, he became used to me and my other friends, he eventually could have full conversations with us.

"I've heard him laugh, he has even comforted me once in a hard time I had," Diaz said. “A big part of me wishes I never dropped contact with him after he left high school, felt like I could have done something."

Flashman said nobody will completely understand why Adam did what he did.

“No one can explain Adam Lanza besides God and Adam Lanza, and I don’t even think Adam Lanza could explain Adam Lanza, to be honest with you.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/18/fear-being-committed-may-have-caused-connecticut-madman-to-snap/#ixzz2FRbFtwnn

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #995 on: December 18, 2012, 03:33:49 PM »
For all the people who think we should get rid of all guns from society...Would you be opposed of getting rid of a certain ethnic group or groups who statistically do most of the crimes?

I'd be all for that, even if gun crime wasn't an issue.   i.e. just for cosmetic changes. 

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #996 on: December 18, 2012, 03:34:24 PM »
I'd be all for that, even if gun crime wasn't an issue.   i.e. just for cosmetic changes. 

::)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #997 on: December 18, 2012, 03:41:43 PM »
One salaried cop at this elementary school for $40k a year would have prevented all of this.  when the kid had to use the rifle to blast his way thru the door, the office staff put the shooting on the intercom.  

everyone on that campus heard the shots.

no matter where the cop was on campus, he could have gotten to the office in less than a minute and engaged the shooter long before he made his way to the classrooms.  There would have been 2-4 dead.  And if the cop was in the office when the shooter blasted the door, the cop might have ended it there.

And the kid MIGHT have driven right past the school, if he knew that cop car parked out front meant he was looking at a gun battle, not a slaughter.

Cause really, a gun ban won't stop the next killer.  He could have made molotov cocktails and killed 100 without blinking.  but a cop would deter a lot of attackers of any variety.  It's common sense.  They spend MILLIONS on projectors and teacher salaries, but can't opt for a $40k salaried cop?   pathetic.

Yup, and i would say not even a cop, put two soldiers decked out in full combat gear with nice badass looking guns we are paying them anyway to hang around the base. make 'em Sergeant or above so they aren't two dumb kids.

some freak might think he will just take out one uniformed cop...but two soldiers changes the game

Give them those stupid "Paul Blart" things to ride around on too so they are mobile

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #998 on: December 18, 2012, 03:43:13 PM »

And which ethnic group would that be? In El Paso, TX where my daughter lives, most of the criminal activity involves Latinos, particularly those who come across the boarder from Ciudad Juarez in the Mexican state of Chihuahua. Mass killings there are a daily event. They are so commonplace they have ceased to be newsworthy. And who buys the drugs that are smuggled across the boarder? Rich white folks perhaps?

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #999 on: December 18, 2012, 03:43:48 PM »

Arming teachers in a confined place like a classroom full of kids is absolutely ridiculous.   9 innocent bystanders were wounded by bullets and debris when NYC cops open fired on a suspect outside a crowded Manhattan street this past August.  If trained Cops can injure 9 innocent bystanders in a crowded area with their guns, a gun toting teacher blasting away in a classroom full of panicking children could certainly be much worse.