Author Topic: CT Shooting - Massive Shooting at School - 27 killed, 20 children  (Read 86321 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: CT Shooting - Massive Shooting at School - 27 killed, 20 children
« Reply #1025 on: December 19, 2012, 06:29:22 AM »
Because giving teacher back their 2nd amendment rights and the ability to defend themselves and the little kids is insane. Honesly now I have to question how your mind works because you seem to have an issue with human beings defending themselves when faced with deadly threats. Leaving the current laws intact and giving teachers and their students the right to die defenseless is not insane but allowing them to conceal carry and shoot back at maniacs is insane in your mind?

Stop pretending to be intelligent. You can hide behind your grammar abilities all you want but you are still the approximate equal of that ape in your profile picture in terms of intelligence.
Your disconnect with reality is really something.   

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1026 on: December 19, 2012, 06:37:28 AM »
Your disconnect with reality is really something.   

The irony  ::)

Please go ahead and explain to me how giving teachers the right to defend themselves is a bad thing....Hell lets make it a bit broader, not necessarily teachers but someone else who works in schools, administrators or anyone who is responsible and has the time to participate in regular firearm training drills.

all drugs - TPPIIP

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1027 on: December 19, 2012, 06:41:13 AM »
i hated not being able to pack heat when i was a teacher.  some of my students had been busted with weapons, I knew some of them were probably armed at school.  powerless.  that part sucked.  FL law allowed us to keep weapon in vehicles, but even with a permit, there was no carrying on campus.  I had to go work with 8th graders with serious assault records.  I would prepare, tread lightly at times, and pray.  Part of the reason I was okay with leaving teaching is that I wasn't disarmed for 40 hours each week.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #1028 on: December 19, 2012, 07:39:01 AM »
The irony  ::)

Please go ahead and explain to me how giving teachers the right to defend themselves is a bad thing....Hell lets make it a bit broader, not necessarily teachers but someone else who works in schools, administrators or anyone who is responsible and has the time to participate in regular firearm training drills.
Well, right off the top - stats show a house with a weapon is more dangerous than one without. So, you've increased the danger factor of the house/school by 20-30, perhaps more depending on the number of rooms/classrooms. Hell, the 20-30 factor is far too conservative given that you have people who are not trained marksmen, and who would be emotionally compromised making instant life and death decisions against someone rage-filled, holding a grudge and a semi-automatic. Even if the shooter was killed, expect collateral deaths by friendly fire. And that's not even addressing the legalities or subsequent litigiousness of such an enterprise.

You, Sir, are an intellect of staggering smallness.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #1029 on: December 19, 2012, 07:48:40 AM »
Well, right off the top - stats show a house with a weapon is more dangerous than one without.
Uh, hurr durr?

Lol.
I would hope that if I carried a weapon I would be more dangerous than if I wasnt.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1030 on: December 19, 2012, 09:53:25 AM »
The irony  ::)

Kindergarten or first grade teachers are not going to become Audie Murphy.  That's why they teach first grade, and are not in the marines.  This is utter bullshit.  

There is just no way to protect a kindergarten class against some nutcase with a semi-automatic.  There is no time.  No one is fast enough, unless they are standing there with a gun drawn.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #1031 on: December 19, 2012, 09:55:36 AM »
i hated not being able to pack heat when i was a teacher.  some of my students had been busted with weapons, I knew some of them were probably armed at school.  powerless.  that part sucked.  FL law allowed us to keep weapon in vehicles, but even with a permit, there was no carrying on campus.  I had to go work with 8th graders with serious assault records.  I would prepare, tread lightly at times, and pray.  Part of the reason I was okay with leaving teaching is that I wasn't disarmed for 40 hours each week.

I wore a shirt that said Getbig on it.  They got the message.
A

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1032 on: December 19, 2012, 10:29:49 AM »
Lol @ people still not understanding that criminals will break even the strictest laws and bans that could ever be enforced.
Dumbasses. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1033 on: December 19, 2012, 10:34:05 AM »
Lol @ people still not understanding that criminals will break even the strictest laws and bans that could ever be enforced.
Dumbasses. ::)

The primary issue at the moment is not criminals.  

Rather, it is 20-30 year olds with severe mental problems.  They don't have gangs.  They don't want to be noticed.

You can have 100 drug-related killings on MLK's birthday, and nobody's really interested. 

But if someone kills off a 1st grade class, say goodbye to semi's.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #1034 on: December 19, 2012, 10:59:21 AM »
Just on the firearms risk thing, there are about 500 - 750 fatalities per year from accidents in the US.

To put that into perspective, accidental household drownings occur at a higher rate, fatal bicycle accidents at about the same rate, deaths from falling out of bed occur at about 400 - 500, etc.....

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #1035 on: December 19, 2012, 12:16:48 PM »
Well. Wait for the next one, and see the same people spewing the same arguments.

Of course it's going to happen again , the question is would banning ( not an actual ban by the way ) these types of weapons prevent it? You're a smart guy , you know prohibition doesn't work

Let's say the stopped the manufacturer of all of these weapons hence forth and an actual complete ban not just cosmetic features , as well as all magazines over 10 rounds , this will still not stop this event from happening, why?

They've been making the M16/AR15 platform since 1959 , millions upon millions of these rifles are in existence already , same goes with 20/30 round magazines. Pass a complete ban it does nothing but punish people who did nothing

I have a 10 year old son and after the tragedy all of the schools in our city now have a police officer at them with guess what? the exact same guns the guy who killed all the children had. Guns are tools they can be used to protect or destroy it's all contingent on the operator.

The brutal truth is , we can NOT stop people from doing these acts because no one knows when or where some one will strike.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #1036 on: December 19, 2012, 12:21:25 PM »
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #1037 on: December 19, 2012, 12:29:31 PM »
You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass. Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1038 on: December 19, 2012, 12:35:10 PM »
Well, right off the top - stats show a house with a weapon is more dangerous than one without. So, you've increased the danger factor of the house/school by 20-30, perhaps more depending on the number of rooms/classrooms. Hell, the 20-30 factor is far too conservative given that you have people who are not trained marksmen, and who would be emotionally compromised making instant life and death decisions against someone rage-filled, holding a grudge and a semi-automatic. Even if the shooter was killed, expect collateral deaths by friendly fire. And that's not even addressing the legalities or subsequent litigiousness of such an enterprise.

You, Sir, are an intellect of staggering smallness.

Hurrr...I don't think other people are capable of using guns so lets take their right to self-defense away. Oh yea even if we give people guns then because if even one kid is accidentally killed due to friendly fire the number of lives saved is totally not worth it.

This is your fucking argument.

all drugs - TPPIIP

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #1039 on: December 19, 2012, 12:36:46 PM »
Great LEGENDARY Quotes TA

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #1040 on: December 19, 2012, 12:37:27 PM »
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM M

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGG

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1041 on: December 19, 2012, 01:39:13 PM »
i am afraid i dont have the time to read 43 pages, so i dont know if this has already been discussed as the best way by which this tragedy could have been avoided

why weren't those 6 year olds packing concealed hand guns? If kids in elementary schools, high schools, colleges were all packing none of these recent massacres would have occurred.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #1042 on: December 19, 2012, 01:48:23 PM »
Is it still 20 kids and 6 adults?  I never heard numbers of how many were shot but not killed and headed to the hospital or did he kill everyone that got shot?

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1043 on: December 19, 2012, 01:58:32 PM »
he killed everyone cause none were packing

if this bastard had come into a classroom full of 6 year old kids with their berettas, glocks,  sig sauers, etc he would probably pop 3 or 4 but no more

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #1044 on: December 19, 2012, 02:56:53 PM »
Aw, why the long face?  

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #1045 on: December 19, 2012, 03:07:44 PM »
he killed everyone cause none were packing

if this bastard had come into a classroom full of 6 year old kids with their berettas, glocks,  sig sauers, etc he would probably pop 3 or 4 but no more

Exactly, why 5 year olds aren't permitted to carry a concealed weapon is beyond me! 
V

Polish Power

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1046 on: December 19, 2012, 03:10:30 PM »
Healthcare is a privilege owning a gun is a right. WTF. Way to go America

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1047 on: December 19, 2012, 09:22:05 PM »
"Grandpa's rifle on the wall of his cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell

Slight edit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #1048 on: December 19, 2012, 09:37:34 PM »
Psychiatrist: Lanza Was 'Pseudocommando' with 'Wounded Narcissism'
Breitbart News ^ | 12-18-2012 | Breitbart News
Posted on December 18, 2012 7:12:14 PM EST by servo1969

Psychiatrist James Knoll told CNN’s Headline News today that Adam Lanza, the perpetrator of the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, was acting in a “ritualistic” way during the horrific events. Knoll, who does research at the State University of New York Upstate Medical University, said in a recent report that killers like Lanza see themselves as “pseudocommandos … driven by strong feelings of anger and resentment, in addition to having a paranoid character. He plans out the offense ritualistically, and comes prepared with a powerful arsenal of weapons.”

The report continues: “[The pseudocommando] most often kills in public during the daytime. And has no escape planned. Pseudocommandos are 'collectors of injustice' who nurture their wounded narcissism and ultimately retreat into a fantasy life of violence and revenge."

Knoll wrote that killers like Lanza have an “obliterative mindset … his ‘self’ is already dead and … his physical death is of little consequence” in his own mind.

Knoll emailed HLN to let them know that psychiatry couldn’t do much about these sorts of people. “We think far too shallow about these events. We concern ourselves with metal detectors, security systems, 'profiles,' preventing 'the mentally ill' from obtaining firearms. This is shallow, facile thinking. Want to make a material impact? Think deeper. Cultivate a respect for how to teach compassion, nonviolence and personal responsibility in individual minds.”

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #1049 on: December 19, 2012, 10:50:28 PM »
Cultivate a respect for how to teach compassion, nonviolence and personal responsibility in individual minds.

Exactly, this is why I like Buddhism, as it has these goals in mind.   Ironically, the more people consider the community over their own needs, the individual will prosper.  A society that is deeply individualistic, putting a premium on individual selfishness and narcissistic drives will not only be a dangerous society but also a miserable one, devoid of meaningful connections, real love and community purpose.  It is very hard to become compassionate, non violent and take responsibility, and when one tries too will find great opposition, both within and without.  Nations must take responsibility for all it's citizens, and not heap blame on those who the group has failed and as a result of that the outcast and downtrodden take their Revenge.  JMO
V