Author Topic: Saw The Hobbit Today! Reviews....  (Read 2386 times)

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
Saw The Hobbit Today! Reviews....
« on: December 15, 2012, 07:06:01 PM »
I re-read the book a couple weeks before movie released to refresh the details.

Great, great book.

Movie? Very slow. Start. Like..an hour. Seriously, an hour of the party in the Hobbit hole trying to convince Bilbo to go on the quest.

Much too long.

Also, Gandalf's brother(?)..Rhadagast is in this movie..not in original book.

The scenes in the goblin cave (toward the end) are worth the price of the ticket. As is the scene with Bilbo and Gollum when they're having the riddle contest.

This is bodybuilding related becase the Orc King astride a white warg is obviously not natural. He's stacking.

And one more thing: The scene in the Goblin cave, when Gandalf appears in a flash of light...was fucking awesome. That's how I imagined a fucking wizard would do shit.
The answer is "yes".

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Saw Hobbit Today!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 07:14:08 PM »
I just finished listening go the audiobook myself.

Gandalfs "brother"?? That's fucking sacriledge!!

How big is his role in the movie??

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 07:16:01 PM »
sounds terrible

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 07:17:08 PM »
I just finished listening go the audiobook myself.

Gandalfs "brother"?? That's fucking sacriledge!!

How big is his role in the movie??

A good 30 minutes in a 2hr 42 min movie. Useless scenes as far as I can tell. He was there to drive the point home that something "evil" was infesting the land.
The answer is "yes".

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 07:25:05 PM »
Grandpa never had any time for Hobbits or anything like that.  The closest thing to that would be the all the time he spent chasing Groundhogs out of the garden.  He made quite the adventure out of it and faced many epic battles with them.  He used to wear a Raccoon skin cap when this would take place.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 07:27:35 PM »
Grandpa never had any time for Hobbits or anything like that.  The closest thing to that would be the all the time he spent chasing Groundhogs out of the garden.  He made quite the adventure out of it and faced many epic battles with them.  He used to wear a guy skin cap when this would take place.

HAHA...

Is this the right thread?
The answer is "yes".

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 07:43:13 PM »
Grandpa never had any time for Hobbits or anything like that.  The closest thing to that would be the all the time he spent chasing Groundhogs out of the garden.  He made quite the adventure out of it and faced many epic battles with them.  He used to wear a Raccoon skin cap when this would take place.

I noticed you brought him up in another thread.

Having thoughts of the old man tonight, TA?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 07:47:29 PM »
I noticed you brought him up in another thread.

Having thoughts of the old man tonight, TA?
I finally feel comfortable enough to have Grandpas story told.  The Holidays with Grandpa were some of the best times.  One time he was hanging Christmas lights on the roof and he forgot to wear a belt.  He wore the pants that he usually wore with suspenders which didn`t exactly fit a belt all too well.  The next thing you know the pants slide off and slip off the snowy roof and there he is, lit up like a half naked Santa Claus on top of the roof.  He wasn`t embarrassed at all.  In fact, it wasn`t the first time something like this had happened.

epic_alien

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 07:48:48 PM »
you spent 2 hours watching branch?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 08:46:24 PM »
I finally feel comfortable enough to have Grandpas story told.  The Holidays with Grandpa were some of the best times.  One time he was hanging Christmas lights on the roof and he forgot to wear a belt.  He wore the pants that he usually wore with suspenders which didn`t exactly fit a belt all too well.  The next thing you know the pants slide off and slip off the snowy roof and there he is, lit up like a half naked Santa Claus on top of the roof.  He wasn`t embarrassed at all.  In fact, it wasn`t the first time something like this had happened.

That truly was a great generation. My grandfather grew up dirt poor in The Depression then went on to etch out a living by racing and being a chief mechanic wirh corvettes/stock cars all over the country in the 50s and 60s and had countless amazing stories.

One of the biggest shames I see nowadays is those types leaving our society.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 09:11:05 PM »
keep the grandpa stories coming. They're fucking hilarious! 

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 09:13:35 PM »

Great, great book.

Movie? Very slow. Start. Like..an hour. Seriously, an hour of the party in the Hobbit hole trying to convince Bilbo to go on the quest.

Much too long.

Also, Gandalf's brother(?)..Rhadagast is in this movie..not in original book.

The scenes in the goblin cave (toward the end) are worth the price of the ticket. As is the scene with Bilbo and Gollum when they're having the riddle contest.

This is bodybuilding related becase the Orc King astride a white warg is obviously not natural. He's stacking.

And one more thing: The scene in the Goblin cave, when Gandalf appears in a flash of light...was fucking awesome. That's how I imagined a fucking wizard would do shit.

You don't get laid much do you?

;D
®

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 09:37:48 PM »
You don't get laid much do you?

;D

Hahah! Actually, my woman is a nympho. I get laid so much it's not even a worry or even on my mind. Hence, more time for Hobbit. Thanks for asking though! lol
The answer is "yes".

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 09:38:50 PM »
Hahah! Actually, my woman is a nympho. I get laid so much it's not even a worry or even on my mind. Hence, more time for Hobbit. Thanks for asking though! lol

LOL of course she is.... this is getbig afterall...

Is she waiting for you in the bathtub on the private Jet?

;D
®

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 09:39:56 PM »

LOL of course she is.... this is getbig afterall...

Is she waiting for you in the bathtub on the private Jet?

;D

No. She's asleep. I don't have a private jet.  ::)
The answer is "yes".

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 09:57:25 PM »
Gollum Abeles.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 10:03:00 PM »

very smart.

::)

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 10:04:51 PM »
very smart.

::)

wow! from the smug little "rolling eyes" icon, i see that you disagree with reading the book! pray tell: why?
The answer is "yes".

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 10:20:52 PM »
wow! from the smug little "rolling eyes" icon, i see that you disagree with reading the book! pray tell: why?

LOL... don't mind the troll chief.. giving you a hard time but it looks like a good movie. Enjoyed the LOTR ...
®

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 10:35:15 PM »
LOL... don't mind the troll chief.. giving you a hard time but it looks like a good movie. Enjoyed the LOTR ...

Just the other day the girl at the register gave me the wrong change, so I called her an atheist, said her father never loved her and her mother was a whore

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 11:15:32 PM »

Just the other day the girl at the register gave me the wrong change, so I called her an atheist, said her father never loved her and her mother was a whore

LMAO i was looking at my monitor from a weird angle, and thought you were chiro for some reason.  i was looking forward to congratulating the fella on his third ever funny post

;D

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 11:16:48 PM »

;D
follow the arrows

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 12:08:10 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
®

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 12:32:50 AM »

El oh fucking el.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Saw The Hobbit Today! Reviews....
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 04:06:06 PM »
48fps is not necessary and I do not think it added to the film. Kinda annoying the first 90 minutes