Author Topic: GDA/nutrient partitioner/fat blocker type supplements.  (Read 26808 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
GDA/nutrient partitioner/fat blocker type supplements.
« on: December 16, 2012, 09:24:56 PM »
I've tried a few and they are a God sent for me. I ran them for quite some time then stopped. Got on tren and figured it has its own nutrient partitioner effect but nothing beats these things...

I ordered some now... been a long time since i ran it.. cant wait for the results.

In a nutshell... they cause greater pumps, greater glycogen absorbtion, carbs going to muscle rather than fat, block fat storage via their magic, discharge whatever carbs are a waste (shit it out), etc...

I've tried only three and all three work... recompadrol, slinsane (v1 and v2), glycobol.

Recompadrol is #1... I personally was always ordering in bulk from the maker/manufcaturer himself. He makes small batches as he's a small company. If I recall the story initially made the supplement for someone in his family who had insulin resistance. So it works VERY similar to metofrming especially if higher dosed. It frickin rocks... I can eat so many carbs and get leaner...

Slinsane is pretty good but its mostly l-norvaline and na-r-ala and some other magic.. banaba extract just like in recompadrol now in v2.. pretty good but not as good as recompadrol.

Glycobol is the crappier recompadrol.. no its not recompadrol but similar profile just not as good...

Recompadrol and glycobol have vanadyl sulfate and well bottom line is whatever is in these things works...

You can have cheat meals and get away with it..

For those not with as blessed ripped/lean genetics... these supps are a God sent in my opinion...

They increase insulin sensitivity, block fat storage, mimick insulin, etc.. etc...

I highly recommend folks try em out...

I screwd up my cut this past week+... and gained back an inch on my waist and 5lbs... epic fail... so.. to speed things up ordered some recompadrol and forskolin... gotta intensify dat der training too to get back on track...

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: GDA/nutrient partitioner/fat blocker type supplements.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 09:36:16 PM »
Recompadrol:

Slinsane v2:

Glycobol:

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 09:38:54 PM »
Metformin which is RX unfortunately is the medical grade real deal GDA.

It specifically makes muscle receptors insulin sensitivity up NOT fat cell... because insulin sensitivity is different in different tissues.. technically we'd ideally want insulin resistance in fat cells... and high insulin sensitivity in muscle cells :)

These supps basically can help on losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time with proper diet and training.. or offset that bf%/lean body mass.

They are really favoured amongst natty guys.. but it works just as well for those on the sauce!

Especially useful for them there endomorphs lol... those with less favourable genetics, crappy insulin, etc..

They ALSO lower LDL and raise HDL... they lower glucose, blood sugar, lots of benefits.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 02:42:00 PM »
Surprised on one cares about these? The benefits are epic... besides glycogen/insulin sensitivity/mimicking insulin/blocking fat, they also help with raising HDL, lowering LDL and tryglicerides.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 02:08:07 AM »
I cannot find any double blond studies demonstrating any benefits. Looks like snake oil to me sir.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 10:51:15 AM »
Try it and you'll think different.

I screwed up and gained back 5lbs and 1" on waist... (was down to 33.5" went back up to 34.5" in one week not bloat from water). Anyways one week on this and I dropped half an inch back down and am fuller.

It's great for natty and those on.

Think metformin except not metformin. Metforming increases insulin sensitivity in muscle cells. These things try to do that very thing. Look for logs and you'll find user reviews. I'm not a rep lmao.. just thought this would help people.

There's even blood work of guys running this for a month and lowering their LDL DRASTICALLY and raising their HDL... same like metformin.. the premise is the same... acting as a GDA.. acting as insulin mimicks, increasing insulin sensitivity, etc...

Meh... believe it or don't... I find these the only supplements worth getting regularly alongside whey and creatine.. the only other supps that actually work.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 07:45:50 AM »
 2 scoops of Craze first thing in the morning and then train two hours later on an empty stomach. Keeps me lean and full.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 06:33:46 AM »
interesting ahmed,,,i don't usually go any route other than basic creatine /arginine/recently added glycerol powder good pump combo,,fat burner have never used have always been lean,,currently in my best non contest ripped build condition.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 09:23:12 AM »
purge these are not meant as 'preworkouts' although they will give increased energy and pumps but not because of pre workout nature but just because they shuffle more glycogen.

Njflex, I assure you if you run it you will NOT be dissapointed, I highly recommend recompadrol. Still up on nutraplanet.

You can google for some logs.

I just got it yesterday and started. Within the same day you'll feel more pumped, veiny gauranteed... :) More than likely will make you leaner, more full and more veiny and help you gain some lean size without fat.

The biggest thing with recompadrol is it helps with gaining lean gains without putting on fat. Loved by natty guys but also works amazing when on juice as it has nothing to do with hormones but rather how the body uses carbs.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 11:25:26 AM »
Um. Making some pretty impossible claims.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 07:19:19 PM »
bloody hell, just try it or look for logs/reviews from people if you're such a disbeliever.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 03:20:57 AM »
bloody hell, just try it or look for logs/reviews from people if you're such a disbeliever.

Placebo effect sir

Purge_WTF

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 05:01:07 AM »
purge these are not meant as 'preworkouts' although they will give increased energy and pumps

I know, but stimulant-based products like Craze have worked better at keeping me lean than so-called recomp products.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 10:30:23 AM »
Placebo effect sir

you're sounding retarded now.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 12:18:34 PM »

Nah. Placebo effect is a real phenomenon. I do not trust anything with a proprietary label. I've read up on that supplement and gaba and others like them. The value in humans doesn't seem to justify the cost.

I'm also concerned about potential side effects if the stuff actually does work.

If you like it. Take it. I'm just skeptical of the entire industry. It's a bunch of people on PEDs advertising rice flower and sugar as the holy grail.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 03:18:21 PM »
I understand that .. there was one bullshit supplement called 'pink magic' lmao they can label garbage and an empty pill and make claims. I understand all that.

However these supplements do work... that's the only reason I posted about it. You should check out logs of hundreds of people who have used recompadrol, slinsane, etc...

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2012, 08:37:57 AM »

Please watch with the insults on this board.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2012, 08:40:48 AM »
I've read up on that supplement and gaba and others like them. The value in humans doesn't seem to justify the cost.

When you have time, please post the articles. I'd like to look at them.
Pubmed posted a study showing GABA to demonstrate very favorable effects on hGH release. When I get on my other computer, I'll post it here.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2012, 09:45:04 AM »

Please watch with the insults on this board.

i took his point... i should back up what i'm saying rather than appearing to simply be antagonistic... pretty well behaved compared to the old days when people would run amok through this board while Princess was sleeping

When you have time, please post the articles. I'd like to look at them.
Pubmed posted a study showing GABA to demonstrate very favorable effects on hGH release. When I get on my other computer, I'll post it here.

yeah i saw that one... looked flawed

lemme dig some stuff up... just gotta baste the birds first

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2012, 09:46:37 AM »
yeah i saw that one... looked flawed

How so?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2012, 09:48:06 AM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2012, 09:49:58 AM »
lol this thread has nothing to do with GABA...

I think you need to just look at a few logs of slinsane v2 and recompadrol to get the idea that these are legit supplements to get and use... otherwise i could care less about gimmicky crap which is all over and costing arms and legs while doing jack shit..

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2012, 10:08:15 AM »
I've added links to one pubmed abstract per ingredient... some appear to be toxic, while others show no value... some apparently have value in rodents or people...

Here's the catch... some of the ingredients are far more expensive than others and the industry is not quality controlled on inspected (hello species nutrition) so how do you know that the pills have anything more than a hint of the valuable ingredients? and conversely how do you know that they are not loaded with the toxic ones...

you don't

you see value in a supplement that you are adding to a diet and training regimen... you have no idea if it's doing any more than a sugar pill would... although i would suggest that sugar pills are far less potentially toxic...

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/lean-body-formulations/recompadrol-180-caps.html

Recompadrol (180 caps)
Manufactured By: Enhanced Body Formulations (LBF)

Click To Enlarge
Price:$82.99
$37.99
Availability:In Stock, Ships in 1-2 Business Days

Lean Body Formulations' Recompadrol: Optimal Insulin Mimicer!

Recompadrol represents the most versatile and complete nutrient re-partitioner that can be used by almost anyone. It is quickly gaining popularity for its unmatched effectiveness for any goal. Recompadrol has raised the bar and will soon become the standard by which all other Nutrient re-partitioners will be compared to.

For those who want to increase lean muscle mass, Recompadrol aids this process through super glycogen compensation and amino acid uptake, increased creatine utilization, increased insulin sensitivity and improved strength, Recompadrol should also be used by those trying to reduce body fat because of its potent effect of blocking fatty acid synthesis through ATP-Citrate Lyase, and also functioning as a PPAR-Alpha Agonist and a PPAR-Gamma Antagonist..  This makes dieting easier.

Recompadrol is not just for bodybuilders to gain an edge on the competition, or for athletes looking for better endurance. It is also for the general public looking to achieve a better health status. As shown in various studies the ingredients in Recompadrol were shown to reduce the symptoms of metabolic syndrome. Metabolic syndrome has many different meanings as proposed by various organizations ranging from the World Health Organization to the American Diabetic association. The most common parameters that Recompadrol may help with are lipid levels, glucose levels, and body fat levels. These ingredients have been shown to: activate Glut-4 in skeletal muscle tissue, lower fasting and post prandial blood glucose levels, attenuate fat gain, increase lipid oxidation,  Block glucose uptake in fat cells, block triglyceride uptake in fat cells, and improve your lipid profile, just to name a few. What this means for you is that you can now successfully gain lean muscle and lose fat at the same time, all while being able to enjoy your carbohydrates. Lean Body Formulations is dedicated to bringing you the most effective, highest quality products available today.  We don’t settle for average formulas due to costs, we bring you the most synergistic combinations of clinically studied compounds with the full doses used in Human trials.

A quick glance will reveal a few commonly seen ingredients, but the extracts used in Recompadrol are unlike any other product. For example Berberine HCL is not a plant extract but rather a synthetic compound. The difference between plant  extract and synthetic compound is most importantly the fact that with a synthetic compound there is no variance in percentages of extract which can make one bottle of a given product work well and another less than expected. Another advantage of Berberine HCL is decreased frequency of stomach issues as seen with other products containing Berberine. So far none of the testers have had any problems with taking Recompadrol due to upset stomach. The RECOMP COMPLEX does not stop with just berberine it is much more complete. Insulin and GH are two of the most coveted hormones in the bodybuilding community. Unfortunately the use of GH lowers insulin sensitivity. With the use of Recompadrol you can not only make GH more effective in terms of fat loss but also in terms of reversing the decrease in insulin sensitivity leading to more muscle accrual. Another use for Recompadrol is to not only enhance the gains from the use of hormones, but to protect cholesterol values from reaching unhealthy levels and also preventing the binding of LDL to the walls of arteries , decreasing the risks of Cardiovascular related diseases.

Recompadrol is also and excellent adjunct or alternative to Oral hypoglycemics used by those diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. There are many anti-hyperglycemic agents that help with insulin resistance.  One of specific importance is a biguanide called Metformin.  Metformin decreases hepatic glucose production and sensitizes the tissues at the cellular level to uptake glucose into muscle and adipose tissue.  This is needed in individuals who are insulin resistant due to the receptor dysfunction which makes it hard to get glucose into these cells.  These medications have different mechanisms and are commonly used in combination with one another to achieve a better outcome.  Recently, some dietary supplements have been shown to act similarly to these oral medications to assist in offsetting the progression of insulin resistance, dyslipidemia, and obesity. Unfortunately with the use of these oral hypoglycemics most individuals will actually gain more adipose tissue only furthering their troubles. Almost all of the herbs used in the product have been used in both Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine to treat both obesity and diabetes. Berberine was compared with Metformin and Acarbose which showed “insulin sensitivity was enhanced by berberine as the HOMA-IR value was reduced by nearly 50%. This effect may be related to fat distribution by berberine because waist and waist/hip of the patients were decreased significantly in the absence of weight change. Interestingly, both fasting and postprandial C-peptides increased significantly in patients when berberine was used together with insulin, which suggests that long-term berberine treatment may improve insulin secretion of the patients with consequent failure of oral hypoglycemic agents.”  Banaba which contains corosolic acid and other tannins has been shown to be just as effective in comparison to prescription oral hypoglycemics without increasing adiposity as experienced with other oral hypoglycemics such as Metformin. (*12)

Ingredients Overview:

Banaba is a Asian tree that has been used in various forms for the treatment of diabetes and kidney related disease. Studies have shown that the Active extract Corosolic acid inhibits Adipocyte differentiation (preadipocyte from maturing into a fat cell), increasing glucose uptake independent of insulin through Glut-4 translocation (*1)which means your body requires less insulin to shuttle glucose into cells. Corosolic acid has also been shown to block gluconeogenis and increase glycolysis (*2) Recompadrol uses the strongest Corosolic acid extract available today, 20%, that is not found in other supplements containing Banaba. Most companies will hide there inferior product with the use of labeling such as “Highly Standardized”, “Specialized Extract” or instead not list the Percentage of Active at all. A study conducted by Fukushima, Matsuyama, Ueda, Egawa, Takemoto, Kajimoto et al., (2006) was designed to show the effectiveness of Corosolic acid in lowering post challenge plasma glucose levels in humans.  In this study, 31 subjects (16 men, 15 women) were included that had fasting plasma glucose between 110 mg/dl and 140 mg/dl.  Corosolic acid was administered at 10mg (lower dosage than 1 serving of Recompadrol) on different occasions in a capsule 5 minutes before the 75g oral glucose tolerance test in a double blind and cross over study. The results of the study indicated that subjects showed a lower glucose level from 60 minutes - 120 minutes, but was statistically significant at 90 minutes (p<0.05).  It was theorized that the increased insulin level (with corosolic acid) 30 minutes after the test was administered may be the cause of lower blood glucose at 90 minutes. (*3)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22095937

Salacia Reticulata contains the active compounds Mangiferin, Kotalanol, and salacinol. These extracts are  potent PPAR alpha and PPAR gamma agonists which have been shown to ,  prevent postprandial hyperlipidemia, hyperglycemia, hepatic steatosis in type 2 diabetics and obese subjects.(*4,5) PPAR gamma agonists increase the burning of fat for fuel and mediate the genes responsible for fatty acid uptake, and beta/gamma oxidation which are up regulated when in a fasted state. Mangiferin also increases Glut-4 without exercise resulting in faster glycogen uptake in muscle cells. PPAR-Alpha is found in skeletal muscle, and liver tissues and is responsible for transporting fatty acids to be used for fuel and also down-regulates apolipoprotein C-III which inhibits lipid hydrolysis, which leads to enhanced lipid oxidation.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12097653

Vanadium is a trace mineral that has been debated over safety. But studies have shown that Vanadium is not only effective it is also safe in amounts of 50-150mg for a period of 6 weeks with a 1-2 week break in between.(*6) The inclusion of this mineral is because of its promising use in patients with diabetes to increase insulin sensitivity and in some cases restore complete sensitivity to prediabetic levels. Used in the recommended dosages vanadium will not cause any toxic side effects that are commonly produced by those who follow “Bro-Science”(*7)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23222995

HCA or Hydroxycitric Acid to block fat production by 45-70% for up to 12 hours after a meal.(*8) It accomplishes this by inhibiting Citrate lyase which is responsible for creating the building blocks of fat which is Malonyl Coenzyme A. Low concentration of  Malonyl Coenzyme A increases the rate of which oxidation of fat in both adipose and liver tissue.(*8) HCA also increases ketone production and slows the breakdown of muscle tissue while in a hypocaloric diet. By keeping more muscle, the body will burn more fat.  The greater the lean mass you have the faster the metabolic rate , which translates to less calorie restriction in periods of dieting. (*8) The effect of HCA on reduced fat, namely visceral, had no rebound effect after a month of ending usage. (*9)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22530711

Aminoguanidine is an important inhibitor of advanced glycation and advanced lipoxidation which are usually elevated in diabetics leading to hyperlipidemia and development of renal disease. Aminoguanidine inhibits these processes effectively. (*10) In addition, Aminoguanidine has an ability to treat patients whose blood vessels are constricted by arteriosclerosis. In 1992 at the University of Milan, 11 patients with peripheral vascular disease were treated with Aminoguanidine. Their blood vessels were so clogged that they couldn’t walk for more than 500 yards, but after treatment the patients blood flow improved on average by 30% and the patients exercise abilities improved by 50% to 105%.  Another study conducted on animals showed that Aminoguanidine prevented age-related enlargement of the heart. The membrane surface area was reduced by 30%. Furthermore, the collagen content of their arterial walls was increased by 24-30%.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23201071

Gymnema Sylvestre is an Indian herb which has been clinically proven to lower HbA1c, fasting blood glucose, and postprandial glucose levels dramatically (*11). Gymnema also increases the speed in which glucose is transported from the bloodstream into muscle tissue. In India a year long study was conducted using Gymnema daily, the study showed a decrease in fasting blood glucose levels from 232 mg/dL to 152 mg/dl, the control group had no change. (*12)The Gymnema group also experienced a significant drop in HbA1c(*12).  In addition Gymnema has been shown to actually regenerate and multiply the number of insulin secreting beta cells in the pancreas. Regeneration and multiplication of beta cells means that those who have poor insulin sensitivity can now improve their bodies natural output of insulin. (*13)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23225496

Berberine is an extract found in several different plants but has shown promise in the treatment of diabetes for numerous reasons.(*14) Berberine lowered fasting and post prandial Blood glucose levels through Glut-4 translocation and increased insulin receptor expression.(*15) . One study showed that berberine works as effectively as Metformin and it was able to improve lipid parameters more effectively. A secondary outcome of this study was a decrease in body weight. One possible reason for the weight change is that berberine increased insulin sensitivity which may be related to fat distribution; a greater reduction in LDL-c could possibly be from an up-regulation of the LDL-c receptor shown in non-human studies. (*15) Another possibility for the reduction in weight comes from inhibiting adipocyte differentiation through a specific pathway called the PPARy pathway. (*16,17)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23196710

When all these ingredients are brought together in one formula you have been armed  with the power to set off 3 way Glut-4 activation to extend the “muscle building window” to all hours of the day. Improved lipid profiles, lowered adipose creation, lowered prandial and post prandial Blood Glucose levels, and PPAR-Gamma Activation leads to you becoming a walking fat burning machine. Don’t settle for less than average products that hide behind fancy marketing tactics and shiny labels, try Recompadrol today and when you look in the mirror a few weeks from now you’ll be glad you did.

References:

1. An Extract of Lagerstroemia speciosa L. Has Insulin-Like Glucose Uptake-Stimulatory and Adipocyte Differentiation- Inhibitory Activities in 3T3-L1 cells.; Journal of Nutrition, 131, 2242-2247

2. Effect of Corosolic Acid on gluconeogenesis  in rat liver.; Yamada k, Hosokawa M, Fujimoto S et al.;  Diabetes Research and Clinical Pract. 2008 Apr;80(1):48-55. Epub 2008 Jan 4.

3. Corosolic acid stimulates glucose uptake via enhancing insulin receptor phosphorylation.; Shi, L et al.; European Journal of Pharmacology, 584(1), 21-29

4. Salacia oblonga extract increases glucose transporter 4-mediated glucose uptake in L6 rat myotubes: role of mangiferin.; Girón MD et al.; Clin Nutr. 2009 Oct;28(5):565-74. Epub 2009 May 23

5. . Salacia oblonga root improves postprandial hyperlipidemia and hepatic steatosis in zucker diabetic fatty rats: activation of PPAR-Alpha.; Huang TH et al.; Toxicology Applied Pharmacol. 2006 Feb 1;210(3):225-35. Epub 2005 Jun 21

6. Effect of Vanadium on insulin sensitivity in patients with impaired glucose tolerance.; Jacques-Camarena O et al.; Annals of Nutrition and Metab . 2008;53(3-4):195-8. Epub 2008 Nov 22

7. Vanadium treatment of type 2 diabetes: a view to the future.; Thompson KH et al.; Journal of Inorganic Biochem. 2009 Apr;103(4):554-8. Epub 2008 Dec 24

8. Sherwin RS et al.; Journal of Clinical Invest.;1975 55:1382-1390

9. Effects of garcinia cambogia (Hydroxycitric Acid) on visceral fat accumulation: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial.; Kohsuke Hayamizu MS et al.; Current Therapeutic Research.; Volume 64, Issue 8, September-October 2003, Pages 551-567

10. Aminoguanidine inhibits advanced glycation end products formation on beta2-microglobulin.; FF Hou, J Boyce, GM Chertow, J Kay and WF Owen Jr.; Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, Vol 9, 277-283, Copyright © 1998

11. The effect of extende

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2012, 10:10:58 AM »
Oh... and in Canada, where supplement companies need to prove that their products are safe (they do not need to prove effectiveness) Recompadrol is NOT currently available... you have to order it from the US.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2012, 10:13:30 AM »
Good links.

I remember when vanadyl sulfate was marketed as an OTC insulin-mimicker. It kind of fell by the wayside despite evidence demonstrating the legitimacy of it's mechanism(s). I think the lack of its application to bodybuilding, specifically, may have hindered its popularity.