Author Topic: I have some thoughts on slavery.  (Read 23845 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: I have some thoughts on slavery.
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2012, 10:26:49 AM »
Adonis would probably know more then I would on this subject, but I thonk a fee U.S. states are currently petitioning to become independent from the U.S.
Yes but it will remain political only.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2012, 10:28:10 AM »
Yes but it will remain political only.
politics always lead to war.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2012, 10:37:31 AM »
politics always lead to war.
No not in this case, it absolutely impossible. This era has to many options and all decisions are based on Public opinion. Civil war is the result of a lack of options combined with few people in control, nowadays the control is shared by too many and there are a billion options, it is a different world today.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2012, 10:45:39 AM »
I hate when people think "Union Good", "Confederate Bad".

Look what they did to Darlington, SC.  I don`t recall any Confederates burning down Cities in the North.

I have to correct you on that one...Chambersburg, PA was burned down by a Confederate Army and raided 3 times during the Civil War but that was about it.

But a lot of Union Generals got very wealthy ordering black soldiers to loot and plunder these areas...a lot of which is not documented because many of the areas in the South at the time were unincorporated and spread out....exploiting the black man even worse than their previous slave owners.
A

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2012, 10:45:54 AM »
Slavery is the key tool of the devil.  

It's so fucking sad to see the ideas of freedom and democracy be casually tossed aside by idiots.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: December 17, 2012, 10:58:46 AM »
By the way, for some of you that are so hot for "gun control", please recall some of the idiotic shit from this thread, and know that there are some very bad ideas out there that may require you to protect yourself one day.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #156 on: December 17, 2012, 11:02:05 AM »

I have to correct you on that one...Chambersburg, PA was burned down by a Confederate Army and raided 3 times during the Civil War but that was about it.

But a lot of Union Generals got very wealthy ordering black soldiers to loot and plunder these areas...a lot of which is not documented because many of the areas in the South at the time were unincorporated and spread out....exploiting the black man even worse than their previous slave owners.
McCausland`s raid should have never happened, but it was inevitable due to the strategic value of the Chambersburg.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2012, 11:05:26 AM »
Slavery is the key tool of the devil.  

It's so fucking sad to see the ideas of freedom and democracy be casually tossed aside by idiots.

Only ABSOLUTE SLAVERY in my opinion.  The majority of slaves throughout time actually choose to be slaves for protection, housing, food, and water and to be taken care of.....lets not forget about indentured servants who became slaves for a short period of time for passage and travel to the United States because there were no jobs or opportunities in Europe...afterwards they were able to leave and start their own farms.    

However a person who was born into slavery or who never signed or made a verbal contract without any opportunity given to him to become a free man is where slavery in my opinion was wrong and generally situations like that always ended up backfiring...from the Egyptians with the Jews to incidents such as the Nat Turner Rebellion.  In forced slavery, you're always taking a huge risk because at anytime, your throat could be slashed while you were sleeping.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #158 on: December 17, 2012, 11:05:43 AM »
Also, it was retaliation for the destruction of private property by Union Army Major General David Hunter in the Shenandoah Valley whereas Sherman was more or less indiscriminate.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #159 on: December 17, 2012, 11:06:47 AM »
Also, it was retaliation for the destruction of private property by Union Army Major General David Hunter in the Shenandoah Valley.

Yes, along with the Virginia Military Institute.....very disturbing that seasoned troops were attacking students. 
A

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: December 17, 2012, 11:31:21 AM »

Only ABSOLUTE SLAVERY in my opinion.  The majority of slaves throughout time actually choose to be slaves for protection, housing, food, and water and to be taken care of.....lets not forget about indentured servants who became slaves for a short period of time for passage and travel to the United States because there were no jobs or opportunities in Europe...afterwards they were able to leave and start their own farms.    

However a person who was born into slavery or who never signed or made a verbal contract without any opportunity given to him to become a free man is where slavery in my opinion was wrong and generally situations like that always ended up backfiring...from the Egyptians with the Jews to incidents such as the Nat Turner Rebellion.  In forced slavery, you're always taking a huge risk because at anytime, your throat could be slashed while you were sleeping.

The majority of slaves throughout time were born into it, and never stood a chance.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2012, 02:52:46 PM »
Without slavery would there be so many blacks making millions of dollars playing sports?

If it wasn't for slavery in the US shows like The First 48 and Cops would run out of violent crime footage very quickly.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #162 on: December 18, 2012, 06:34:48 PM »
Sure it was an aweful period in American history, but was it out of the ordinary?  Civilizations have had slaves since the dawn of man (usually through the spoils of war). Even Africa actively participated in enslaving, and selling they're own people.  Isn't paying an illegal alien chump change, modern day slavery?  Sure most slaves were brought to America against thier will, but you should blame the ruling African elite of that time for profiting off of they're own people.  

I end this with a question:  Shouldn't African Americans point at least some of the blame on the people who allowed, and profited on the slave trade?

American africans should return to africa and make it strong with all they do.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #163 on: December 22, 2012, 12:49:07 PM »
!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #165 on: December 22, 2012, 02:12:05 PM »
Sure it was an aweful period in African history, but was it out of the ordinary?  Civilizations have had slaves since the dawn of man (usually through the spoils of war). Even America actively participated in enslaving, and selling they're own people.  Isn't paying an illegal alien chump change, modern day slavery?  Sure most slaves were brought to Africa against thier will, but you should blame the ruling American elite of that time for profiting off of they're own people.  

I end this with a question:  Shouldn't  Americans Africans point at least some of the blame on the people who allowed, and profited on the slave trade?

try it out for self reflective size
c

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2013, 06:33:22 PM »
Blame the ruling african class. Just like I said.