Author Topic: America's gun laws are hilarious.....  (Read 9580 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: America's gun laws are hilarious.....
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 11:14:33 AM »
Its easy for Obama to Pass GUN laws when he has Secret Service Protecting himself and his family for the rest of his life

If Guns Laws pass, He should also provide each Citizen their very own ONE ARMED security agent

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 11:16:20 AM »
Its easy for Obama to Pass GUN laws when he has Secret Service Protecting himself and his family

If Guns Laws pass, He should also provide each Citizen their very own ONE ARMED security agent

Id want tito24 as my personal bodyguard. He is a hunk of a man.
X

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 11:17:13 AM »
Lots of assumptions and random leaps of logic in this one. Like the average armed robber is wearing bulletproof vests, I particularly like that one. As far as the last sentence, people that have training and have properly prepared themselves to use a firearm will more than likely use it.

i have trained myself to use a variety of firearms, i'd rather let someone break in my house and get whatever the fuck it is they want to get because i don't want it on my conscious that i killed someone because another guy is struggling in life and had to resort to buglary to pay his coke habit

i mean, shit, if i blasted some dude who had an accomplice that ran at the shot of gunfire, i'd be scared that he'd want to dig up information on my family who is in the same residence and commit some kind of revenge

i'm just saying, lots of people buy guns for shitty reasons and a lot of them couldn't use one properly in the heat of the moment. i know guys who are able to but honestly they are not the majority

in some cases, owning a gun is worse than not owning one

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 11:20:45 AM »
i have trained myself to use a variety of firearms, i'd rather let someone break in my house and get whatever the fuck it is they want to get because i don't want it on my conscious that i killed someone because another guy is struggling in life and had to resort to buglary to pay his coke habit

i mean, shit, if i blasted some dude who had an accomplice that ran at the shot of gunfire, i'd be scared that he'd want to dig up information on my family who is in the same residence and commit some kind of revenge

i'm just saying, lots of people buy guns for shitty reasons and a lot of them couldn't use one properly in the heat of the moment. i know guys who are able to but honestly they are not the majority

in some cases, owning a gun is worse than not owning one
There is always a weighing of options, but in a situation where you felt you or your families lives were in danger I'd like to think that you would pull the trigger.
You do realize many armed robberies end with the criminals executing the people they're robbing?

Me personally, I wouldn't take that chance. I'm not staking my families lives on the assumption that the armed robbers are going to just leave peacefully after they take my shit.

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 11:20:50 AM »
My problem is this:

150 years ago people owned guns to protect themselves and their family. Their was a practical purpose. Those times were dangerous times to live in. It made sense to own guns.

But today, people seem to only own guns because its the "cool" thing to do. Half of the people that own guns do not understand the constitution and all its amendments. They just scream "2nd amendment" and thats all. I just think there is a difference between a person 150 years ago owning a gun for reasons, and the people now owning guns because it looks "badass" I guess you have the right to own a gun for any reason you want.

do you happen to notice all the shit that people post on facebook newsfeed about going to the gun range and whatever fucking new gun they just bought and everyone else would comment back saying "that gun is the shit bro, that gun range is tight bro i brought my ak-47 there, i shot some ducks in the pond the other day for fun with my shotgun bro"

god damn, when i had a facebook 3 years ago (that's how long i haven't had a facebook), it seems like some punk ass wannabe was posting some shit about guns every other day on my newsfeed

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 11:23:10 AM »
do you happen to notice all the shit that people post on facebook newsfeed about going to the gun range and whatever fucking new gun they just bought and everyone else would comment back saying "that gun is the shit bro, that gun range is tight bro i brought my ak-47 there, i shot some ducks in the pond the other day for fun with my shotgun bro"

god damn, when i had a facebook 3 years ago (that's how long i haven't had a facebook), it seems like some punk ass wannabe was posting some shit about guns every other day on my newsfeed

While guns were probably a status symbol 150 years ago, it has grown to new heights these days. Every "badass" now has a gun. Some people truly do enjoy target shooting and do this for sport. This I agree with. Others, well..  :-\ :-\
X

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 11:23:30 AM »

so you have alot of punk ass wannabe friends on facebook  ???

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2012, 11:27:02 AM »

He must have a lot of Getbiggers as FB friends then  ;D ;D
X

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2012, 11:30:16 AM »

Me personally, I wouldn't take that chance. I'm not staking my families lives on the assumption that the armed robbers are going to just leave peacefully after they take my shit.

This !

In the past robbers just robbed but it seems like more and more common that they kill the victims at the end just for fun.
Or worse, torture them, rape them....

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 11:30:49 AM »
...ly retarded.

Your country is a joke in the this respect.

I know it's "a constitutional right" to blow each other's brains out all the time, but come on it happens every couple of days, what does it achieve?

When will this country grow up?

"never, you lefty, it's our right to bear arms, I'm gonna shoot you" I hear you cry. Good rights you have over there. It's not liberty for kids in schools. What about freedom to learn without being shot? Retards.

Fuck you, America is the only country in the world that matters right now so you can just suck on our big freedom cock.

all drugs - TPPIIP

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 11:32:20 AM »
There is always a weighing of options, but in a situation where you felt you or your families lives were in danger I'd like to think that you would pull the trigger.
You do realize many armed robberies end with the criminals executing the people they're robbing?

well everytime i've been robbed(when i was young lad) or known of a person that was robbed they were never home, the people always knew that they weren't. i do know of a case where my friend was robbed at gunpoint but nothing ever happened to them, they just got what they wanted and left

i don't know though, sometimes you gotta judge based on the situation. things can go hot quickly. i know that if i was in a bad area i would have a gun in my house, a concealed carry just in case, but i would have no problem blasting some fools because i don't really value other human's lives like a lot of other people seem to do because i'm a cynical bastard like that, but i'm just saying, some 25 year old blonde chubby school teacher wouldn't have the balls to blast some fools most of the time. luckily i don't really value other people's lives like i do my own  :P but i would feel bad if i just killed a kid who had his whole life ahead of him who was peer pressured by his friends into stealing my son's video games and i was some trigger happy fool

the thing is, sometimes kids break into houses with nothing but a garbage bag to hold your ps3 and jewelry, and then sometimes they break into your house with everything in the fucking arsenal because they are adult grown ass men who rob people as their main gig

it really is a case by case basis

i suppose it's always better to have "just in case," but that just in case reason is moot most of the time and the ease of having a gun "just in case" can cause problems

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 11:34:25 AM »

used to

never really got around to re-activating my facebook and deleting them

but yes, punk ass wannabes run amuck

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 12:32:38 PM »
if some guys kick your door down for some serious shit, chances are they are wearing concealing masks, bulletproof vests, carrying a magnum or double barrel shotgun, ready to kill anyone who starts firing on them

would you live with peace of mind if you were trigger happy and pulled the trigger on some punk ass 15 year old kid who was pressured into breaking into a house because his friends liked the "Rush?" you gonna pull the trigger and blast the brains out on little timmy who goes to catholic school every weekend but just got corrupted this one time?

i mean, i understand some people feel the legit need to have a gun for safety reasons to feel "more safe" but honestly most of the clowns who own one just think it's "cool" to own one and it makes them feel "manly" and "macho" but if shit ever hit the fan they wouldn't be able to pull the trigger on somebody, they wouldn't have the balls to do it, few people do

hell yes, fuck the rush seeking kid and blow his brains out, yes I would. If the pro thief breaks in with his own gun then it is even more important for me to have my gun and kill his ass. shot him in the legs with my 12guage, his vest won't help him there, then shot him in the head. problem solved.
sept 10th APF

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2012, 12:39:35 PM »
...ly retarded.

Your country is a joke in the this respect.

I know it's "a constitutional right" to blow each other's brains out all the time, but come on it happens every couple of days, what does it achieve?

When will this country grow up?

"never, you lefty, it's our right to bear arms, I'm gonna shoot you" I hear you cry. Good rights you have over there. It's not liberty for kids in schools. What about freedom to learn without being shot? Retards.

shut the fuck up commy

USA no 1 now get back to your shitty 3rd world fuckhole

and yes more guns woulda stopped the madman

as well as armed private security

not cock sucking green please for mercy

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2012, 12:43:26 PM »
Headshots eliminate the body armor problem. Failure drills my friends, 2 to the chest 1 in the dome.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2012, 01:14:16 PM »
My problem is this:

150 years ago people owned guns to protect themselves and their family. Their was a practical purpose. Those times were dangerous times to live in. It made sense to own guns.

But today, people seem to only own guns because its the "cool" thing to do. Half of the people that own guns do not understand the constitution and all its amendments. They just scream "2nd amendment" and thats all. I just think there is a difference between a person 150 years ago owning a gun for reasons, and the people now owning guns because it looks "badass" I guess you have the right to own a gun for any reason you want.
::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2012, 02:01:39 PM »

This !

In the past robbers just robbed but it seems like more and more common that they kill the victims at the end just for fun.
Or worse, torture them, rape them....

I have a security system in my house and i keep my doors locked at all times. all of the bedrooms are upstairs (no accident), so if someone breaks into my home, a LOUD alarm goes off, which would scare away 99% of thieves anyway.  They know the drill, 15 seconds the phone rings and the cops are on their way...nobody is getting raped and tortured for hours in my house.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2012, 02:05:10 PM »
::)

You know I am right.  ::) ::) you just dont want to admit it, tough guy.
X

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2012, 02:06:14 PM »
I have a security system in my house and i keep my doors locked at all times. all of the bedrooms are upstairs (no accident), so if someone breaks into my home, a LOUD alarm goes off, which would scare away 99% of thieves anyway.  They know the drill, 15 seconds the phone rings and the cops are on their way...nobody is getting raped and tortured for hours in my house.
What if they threaten to kill you daughter if you don't get ahold of the security place and tell them everything is ok?  ??? :o

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2012, 02:17:34 PM »
What if they threaten to kill you daughter if you don't get ahold of the security place and tell them everything is ok?  ??? :o

Another thing the "just call the police" crowd doesn't take into account is police response time. I live in a very urban area, the average police response time is 8 - 10 minutes, I have friends in rural areas where the response time is 30 plus minutes. That is a ton of time for trouble to occur.

Police are more akin to garbage men, than actual crime stoppers if you really look at it.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2012, 02:19:51 PM »
i was only 13 yrs old when the LA Riots happened and my dad didn't let me or my brother out of the house, but during the riots if you called the police they basically told you that you were on your own and hung up the phone on you.

To Protect And To Serve  ::) ::)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2012, 02:20:03 PM »

So they are just going to magically appear upstairs in my daughter's room as soon they they break the glass or break open the screen door ?

my daughter's room is right next to mine, again no accident. If that alarm goes off, I'm out of bed like a shot and bringing her to my room, locking the door and throwing a heavy ass dresser in front of it (it's nice to be strong). They don't know the layout of my house, i do and it's pitch black. when the alarm goes off, that means they broke a window and are GETTING into my house, it doesn't mean they are in the upstairs hallway in one second flat.

i have real-world time to grab my daughter and barricade my door.,,and standing off to the side of it behind my other dresser with my shotgun pointed right at it.  

At that point I'm yelling at the top of my lungs that I'm armed, i called the cops and if that door so much as moves i'm opening up...get the fuck out of my house.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2012, 02:20:21 PM »
Another thing the "just call the police" crowd doesn't take into account is police response time. I live in a very urban area, the average police response time is 8 - 10 minutes, I have friends in rural areas where the response time is 30 plus minutes. That is a ton of time for trouble to occur.

Police are more akin to garbage men, than actual crime stoppers if you really look at it.

I know when I lived in Houston, they wouldn't actually show up unless someone was shot.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2012, 02:22:47 PM »
So they are just going to magically appear upstairs in my daughter's room as soon they they break the glass or break open the screen door ?

my daughter's room is right next to mine, again no accident. If that alarm goes off, I'm out of bed like a shot and bringing her to my room, locking the door and throwing a heavy ass dresser in front of it (it's nice to be strong). They don't know the layout of my house, i do and it's pitch black. when the alarm goes off, that means they broke a window and are GETTING into my house, it doesn't mean they are in the upstairs hallway in one second flat.

i have real-world time to grab my daughter and barricade my door.,,and standing off to the side of it behind my other dresser with my shotgun pointed right at it.  

At that point I'm yelling at the top of my lungs that I'm armed, i called the cops and if that door so much as moves i'm opening up...get the fuck out of my house.
A well thought out plan. Hopefully you will never have to see if it works in a real world situation. BTW I was mostly just fucking with you.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2012, 02:24:11 PM »

This to me seems much more reasonable and well thought out than just simply relying on a gun for home safety. Any serious person that is interested in home security should look into a solution of this sort first and foremost before getting a 12 gauge.

With this kind of reasoning less people get killed and the use of guns probably won't even be necessary. But what you hear from gun-people is only what pistol to get, are AR's better than shotguns in close combat? etc etc.
from incomplete data