Author Topic: Today I learned what name the victorians had for pitbulls  (Read 31742 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Today I learned what name the victorians had for pitbulls
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2012, 02:56:45 PM »
  I would keep them away from children
I feel the same about you. :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2012, 02:57:45 PM »
  I am NOT in to Children.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2012, 04:13:32 PM »
  I am NOT in to Children.

Who knows, who knows

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2012, 12:36:41 AM »
They called them nanny dogs, since they were best suited to look after kids, dog aggressive NOT human aggressive plain and simple, don't believe me? See pictures below, not all are from the victorian age but they prove a point that bull terriers, pitbulls or what ever you want to call these dogs have no natural tendency to harm humans.
We don't need more guns in school but maybe a few of these dogs,lets see what happens if a well trained bully charges a potential shooter - Get some monster pitbulls from the http://www.bossykennels.com/ and give each security guy one, make him a school pet a mascot.

LOL!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2012, 01:05:49 AM »
No, I just don't respect you enough to waste my time actually arguing with you since everything you do is based on fear and emotion.

You're like that kid that gets burned so he never goes near heat again and won't stfu to everyone about how dangerous it is, or the kid that has a bad experience in the pool so he'll never go near the pool again and constantly tells all his friends how bad pools are.

After a while you get so sick of hearing the same tired fear mongering horseshit that you simply start telling them to kindly fuck off.

I don't think it's my place to dictate how other people should live their lives because I don't agree with one of their hobbies or I'm scared of something they own. Clearly you do.

It's fine you're scared of everything that casts a shadow, I don't give a shit.
I can tell your an insecure man, always casting aspersions that I am somehow afraid of everything, I have lived a full life and taken many risks, I don't live in FEAR, and I take reasonable steps to protect myself.  But when you actually experience a life or death situation, yes, you feel fear whether you like it or not, that is part of the self preservation programming built into every human being.  Now when someone experiences such an event, they ask themselves, was it avoidable? why did it happen? Is it possible to prevent such unnecessary suffering? What can I do to protect myself from it happening again?  Does this happen to other people? etc. etc.  Now, if anyone researches the issue, and learn the history of fighting breeds of dog, and especially Pitbulls, they learn they are a game dog, a dog that is bred to be incredibly powerful, have a relentless attack style, an ability to hide attack warnings, and an imperviousness to pain that other breeds just don't have.  They also have a history of being unpredictable (or snapping if you like), they were never bred to be a housepet, and even DOGMEN (Dog Fighters) were never stupid enough to keep them as housepets.  Now, the majority of attacks are on small children, and they regularly cause injuries that surgeons compare to lion or shark attack, the victims often incur losses in the tens of thousands of dollars, sometimes hundreds of thousands, they are almost always maimed and permanently injured.  Studies show that the type of people attracted to dangerous breeds are more disagreeable than other people, they are often confrontational, irresponsible and anti social, and are also more likely to have a criminal history.  Personally, I lost my business and a lot of money as a result of the attack, and it only makes sense that I would advocate for stricter regulations and not want to endure such a difficult recovery process again.  It actually has nothing to do with fear that motivates me, being severely inured and having to learn to walk again and overcome the myriad of complications and losses is incredibly difficult, it is painful, it is expensive and most of all it is unnecessary, who wouldn't want to avoid such a scenario.  

Pets are supposed to be companion animals, and not something that will unpredictably attack and potentially kill another human being, if you are attracted to animals that regularly maim, maul and kill other people and animals, it is a reflection of your undeveloped and poor character, it exposes you for the limited human being you are, and the fact you feel a need to denigrate the victims of pitbull attack (mostly children) highlights what a deviant human being you are.  Anyway, by your attitude, I suspect you are a teenager and have never really experienced much suffering and lived a reasonably sheltered life.  Good Luck traversing through your life being an arrogant, ignorant arsehole.  Meanwhile, I will continue advocating for the right for children to grow up without risking being violently and brutally murdered by a pitbull or at the end of Gun barrel.
V

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2012, 04:12:04 AM »
Stark, didn't you say you wanted to drown my pitbull puppy when I posted a picture of her? lol

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=410733.msg5879781#msg5879781

c

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2012, 04:25:20 AM »
I am pretty sure that not all staffys were actual staffys these dogs have been bread and mixed for a long time - I am not saying all of these dogs are save with kids, its just sad how overly hyped the genearl population gets when they see something that looks like a pitbul, changing sides of the street, picking up kids, taking their own dog on a leash (that last one might be a good idea lol)..

One time my brother came over to ours, with this ugly monster of a dog on the end of a big chain lead. I asked him what the fuck it was, he replies non-chalantly, "Not too sure, just picked him up - I think he's half Mastiff, half Rotweiller" I replied "Well you better fuck off then and come back without it so you can see your nephew today" oh brother.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2012, 07:43:32 AM »
I can tell your blah blah blah blah
TL:DR:DCA

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2012, 09:22:46 AM »
c

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2012, 10:12:03 AM »
Don't own and have never owned a Pitbull. Unlike you, I'm not scared shitless of everything that has the potential to kill me.

I agree with E-Kul. The point is not what YOU are afraid of. You can make your own choices and good luck to you. The point is that these dogs attack random people, many of them children, who never had a choice in the matter. They are killed or severly injured, because idiots decided they wanted a show-off scary dog.

Why on earth need anybody have a deadly pet such as the Pitbull? It always comes as a total surprise to the owner when their lovely pet, the Pitbull kills a child.

People like you, Shockwave, are the real cause of Pitbull attacks. Macho idiots who thinks the world spins around your fragile egos.

NN

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2012, 10:24:23 AM »

People like you, Shockwave, are the real cause of Pitbull attacks. Macho idiots who thinks the world spins around your fragile egos.

NN
Eh? Im the cause of Pitbull attacks? Brutal logic.
Again, it's not my place to tell people what they can and can't own for pets.

That said, I would expect the people that own these animals to be responsible for them and raise them properly.
Hell, I know people that raise Cougars. Who am I to tell them that they cannot raise those animals if they know how to do it responsibly? Moreover, who are YOU to tell them that they can't raise those animals?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2012, 10:27:46 AM »
I agree with E-Kul. The point is not what YOU are afraid of. You can make your own choices and good luck to you. The point is that these dogs attack random people, many of them children, who never had a choice in the matter. They are killed or severly injured, because idiots decided they wanted a show-off scary dog.

Why on earth need anybody have a deadly pet such as the Pitbull? It always comes as a total surprise to the owner when their lovely pet, the Pitbull kills a child.

NN
Sounds like Ekulo has a new butt-buddy.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2012, 10:46:13 AM »

That said, I would expect the people that own these animals to be responsible for them and raise them properly.
Hell, I know people that raise Cougars. Who am I to tell them that they cannot raise those animals if they know how to do it responsibly? Moreover, who are YOU to tell them that they can't raise those animals?

A deadly dog is like a loaded gun with its own will and fast and strong legs to help it carry out that will. If you keep the dog at home, locked up and away from kids, it's your own business. If you expose others, that is another matter.

NN

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2012, 10:57:44 AM »
Sounds like Ekulo has a new butt-buddy.

E-Kul has his personal experience to motivate him. I have never been bitten or threatened by a Pitbull or one of the other bullterrier types.

What I fail to understand, is why people want a dog with a relative risk of 2500x that of a Labrador for killing or seriously hurting someone. Why not get a breed that is less risky?

NN

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2012, 11:10:00 AM »

What I fail to understand, is why people want a dog with a relative risk of 2500x that of a Labrador for killing or seriously hurting someone. Why not get a breed that is less risky?
NN

allowing for stereotyping but have a look at the personalities of some of the owners. If pitbull terriers  became girly accessories how quickly would they go out of fashion with the macho mongrels ?
c

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2012, 11:21:40 AM »

i think a 200 pound cat is more dangerous than a 35-100 pound dog...Afterall, it's a cat! They do what they want, when they want.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2012, 12:31:33 PM »
i think a 200 pound cat is more dangerous than a 35-100 pound dog...Afterall, it's a cat! They do what they want, when they want.

Hehe, I have a dog now, but always had cats when I grew up. They are vicious creatures- I never forgot how those cats played with their prey. They would bite birds they caught just a little in the wing, let it loose, watch it struggle trying to fly, catching it again and biting it a bit more before releasing it once more, until the final bite, breaking the neck of the bird. I dare not think what my house cats would be like if they weighed 200 pound  :o

NN

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2012, 12:45:57 PM »
Beautiful dogs. Problem is too many retards own them >:(

Yes this is the truth.  It makes me angry when a dog attacks and they talk about what will be done to the DOG...  it should be what will be done to the dick-head owner. 

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2013, 07:49:53 PM »
Beautiful dogs. Problem is too many retards own them >:(

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20130405/US-Pet-Pig-Attacked/

Deputies: Ga. man stabbed, unleashed dogs on pig

SPRINGFIELD, Ga. (AP) — A Georgia man unleashed his two pit bulls on a neighbor's pet pig that got loose in a mobile home park, then stabbed the animal 23 times in front of children and other onlookers, authorities said.

The pig — named Oliver — survived and was in critical condition at a veterinarian's office Friday, said Effingham County Sheriff's Office spokesman David Ehsanipoor. He added that Oliver had been stabbed mostly in his neck and hind parts.

The owner of the dogs, 23-year-old Benjamin Fullwood, was charged Wednesday with felony cruelty to animals, criminal trespass and obstruction of a law enforcement officer, Ehsanipoor said. The man's bond was set at $25,000, and a judge ordered him to have no contact with domestic animals, Ehsanipoor said. It was unclear Friday if Fullwood had an attorney.

Oliver got out of its owners' yard Wednesday afternoon and wandered into a mobile home park in Springfield, Ehsanipoor said. Residents of the park were trying to get in touch with the animal's owner, when Fullwood unleashed his two pit bulls on the pig and then began stabbing him in front of a group of people, including children, Ehsanipoor said.

"This was an unprovoked attack. The pig was posing no threat to anybody," Ehsanipoor said. "It was just brutal."

Fullwood initially lied to deputies, saying he was punching the pig, Ehsanipoor said. But witness accounts, as well as the nature of the pig's wounds, led deputies to determine the pig had been stabbed, he said. Oliver was expected to make a full recovery.

Fullwood was also arrested in 2011 on animal cruelty charges for allegedly leaving cats and dogs in unsanitary cages for days without food or water, Ehsanipoor said.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2013, 08:23:09 PM »
Reviving this old thread,  I always laugh when I hear the words Pitbull and nanny Dog (Nutters actually take this piece of propaganda seriously).  You would either have to be a genuine imbecile or just your run of the mill sadist to think that a breed of dog that regularly maims, mauls and kills children is a Nanny Dog.  Already this year there has been 7 dog related fatalities, all inflicted by Pitbulls. 5 of the victims were children.  Also, ironically among the victims was a 'Nanny' killed by a Pitbull and a Nannies pitbull killed a child, so I suppose in that sense they could be considered nanny Dogs.  

The term Nanny Dog is propaganda and started by two Pitbull Nutters, there is actually zero evidence for the claim prior to Two Pitbull Nutters completely making up the term in the 70's to improve the image of the animal's child killer status.  If you want a thorough dissemination of this myth you can visit this link here http://thetruthaboutpitbulls.blogspot.com.au/2010/08/nanny-dog-myth-revealed.html

As for some reality about the breed, their was a recent study called "Mortality, Mauling, and Maiming by Vicious Dogs 2011" these were some of their conclusions --->

"Over a recent 3-year period from January 2006 to March 30, 2009, a total of 98 dog bite fatalities involving 179 dogs occurred; 60% of the deaths were caused by pit bulls, and 76% were caused by pit bulls and Rottweilers. A total of 113 pit bulls were involved in these deaths, and they accounted for 63% of the dogs involved in fatal attacks. If the risk of fatal attack is normalized to Labrador Retrievers and Labrador-mix breeds (the most common registered dog in the United States), the relative risk of death related to pit bull attacks is more than 2500 times higher.

In one 85-day period from July to September 2008, pit bulls were involved in 127 dog attacks, 57% of which occurred off the owner’s property. In these attacks, 158 people were injured, 63% of them severely; 10% of the victims suffered severed body parts; and 6 victims were killed. 12 In the same period, 128 dangerous pit bulls had to be shot to death by police officers or citizens. A closer look at these figures indicates that 1 person is killed by a pit bull every 14 days, a person loses a body part to a pit bull attack every 5.4 days, 2 persons are injured by pit bulls each day, and 1.5 pit bulls are shot to death each day."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds like the perfect dog for your average narcissitic sociopath looking to bolster a deficient ego & personality and fulfil there passive aggressive desire to piss of the community they live in.  There is a good reason why this dog is the favourite breed of choice for drug dealers, gangbangers and scumbags.

V

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2013, 08:27:27 PM »
Reviving this old thread,  I always laugh when I hear the words Pitbull and nanny Dog (Nutters actually take this piece of propaganda seriously).  You would either have to be a genuine imbecile or just your run of the mill sadist to think that a breed of dog that regularly maims, mauls and kills children is a Nanny Dog.  Already this year there has been 7 dog related fatalities, all inflicted by Pitbulls. 5 of the victims were children.  Also, ironically among the victims was a 'Nanny' killed by a Pitbull and a Nannies pitbull killed a child, so I suppose in that sense they could be considered nanny Dogs.  

The term Nanny Dog is propaganda and started by two Pitbull Nutters, there is actually zero evidence for the claim prior to Two Pitbull Nutters completely making up the term in the 70's to improve the image of the animal's child killer status.  If you want a thorough dissemination of this myth you can visit this link here http://thetruthaboutpitbulls.blogspot.com.au/2010/08/nanny-dog-myth-revealed.html

As for some reality about the breed, their was a recent study called "Mortality, Mauling, and Maiming by Vicious Dogs 2011" these were some of their conclusions --->

"Over a recent 3-year period from January 2006 to March 30, 2009, a total of 98 dog bite fatalities involving 179 dogs occurred; 60% of the deaths were caused by pit bulls, and 76% were caused by pit bulls and Rottweilers. A total of 113 pit bulls were involved in these deaths, and they accounted for 63% of the dogs involved in fatal attacks. If the risk of fatal attack is normalized to Labrador Retrievers and Labrador-mix breeds (the most common registered dog in the United States), the relative risk of death related to pit bull attacks is more than 2500 times higher.

In one 85-day period from July to September 2008, pit bulls were involved in 127 dog attacks, 57% of which occurred off the owner’s property. In these attacks, 158 people were injured, 63% of them severely; 10% of the victims suffered severed body parts; and 6 victims were killed. 12 In the same period, 128 dangerous pit bulls had to be shot to death by police officers or citizens. A closer look at these figures indicates that 1 person is killed by a pit bull every 14 days, a person loses a body part to a pit bull attack every 5.4 days, 2 persons are injured by pit bulls each day, and 1.5 pit bulls are shot to death each day."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds like the perfect dog for your average narcissitic sociopath looking to bolster a deficient ego & personality and fulfil there passive aggressive desire to piss of the community they live in.  There is a good reason why this dog is the favourite breed of choice for drug dealers, gangbangers and scumbags.

Cliffs notes please, I don't have all night to read this dissertation.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2013, 08:31:29 PM »
 :o
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2013, 08:35:00 PM »
 :D
V

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2013, 08:38:14 PM »
:D

Speaking of raccoons, I trapped one the other day, and that SOB was ready to go toe to toe with me.  He was literally fearless.  Hissing, snarling, biting, growling, grabbing, etc.  Raccoons are not to be trifled with.   :D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2013, 08:48:46 PM »

Speaking of raccoons, I trapped one the other day, and that SOB was ready to go toe to toe with me.  He was literally fearless.  Hissing, snarling, biting, growling, grabbing, etc.  Raccoons are not to be trifled with.   :D
HA HA, Well according to the Pitbull Nutters you should be able to own any animal you like, why do other people have the right to tell you what you can do?  In their world drink driving laws disgust them, they believe they should be able to speed down free-ways at hundreds of kilometres an hour, they believe they should be unlimited in their freedoms.  It's hard to deal with people with such a mindset, who put the overt selfishness over the needs of there communities.  But I deal with them all the time.  If someone can't work out why restrictions are needed under the current paradigm, then you are looking at a difficult personality.  Blaming the owner sounds great, but it is a breed issue, pure and simple.
V