Author Topic: ‘I Don’t Care if a Bunch of White Kids Got Killed’  (Read 3873 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: ‘I Don’t Care if a Bunch of White Kids Got Killed’
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2012, 10:45:06 PM »
It may have BEEN a racial issue, but it is no longer. You are indeed making this issue racial, as no one is stopping any other race from owning firearms, and race has zero to do with citizens being armed.

not trying to make the shooting itself a racial issue....just showing you where the gun mentality came from....but at least you agree that it was once a racial issue....however...as you are smart enough to know, laws and systems often continue to run and to build upon their original intent/purpose

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2012, 10:51:42 PM »

not trying to make the shooting itself a racial issue....just showing you where the gun mentality came from....but at least you agree that it was once a racial issue....however...as you are smart enough to know, laws and systems often continue to run and to build upon their original intent/purpose
I think everything was a racial issue in that time period, racial tensions were coming to a head, people were making everything racial on both sides.

Now if you're talking about the founders original intention for the 2nd amendment, I would say that race was in the very, very back of their mind.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2012, 10:55:17 PM »
I once did a thesis on the merits of gun control and gun violence in America.  I did extensive research on the subject...reading tens of books on the subject as well as some historical books which were really old and dusty...you could tell no one had looked at these books in fifty years....This is what I learned:

The United States has ALWAYS had gun control...meaning that whites have always had the ability to buy, own, and possess guns...while others could not...this started in the days of the pilgrims...white women, blacks and Native Americans were NOT allowed to own guns...only white men could own guns...this was a way for white men to maintain their superiority over everyone else...Since white men had all the guns NO ONE COULD CHALLENGE THEIR AUTHORITY...

The NRA in order to encourage gun ownership set up hundreds of gun clubs all over the United States...however..ONLY ONE OF THESE GUN CLUBS WERE SITUATED IN A BLACK NEIGHBORHOOD...The NRA was not committed to the idea that blacks should be able to buy and own guns like everyone else...thus there was massive hypocrisy in this regard....also the whole idea of gun ownership was to DEFEND AGAINST BLACKS...since many suspected that blacks would rise up in some sort of revolution and that blacks were out of control beasts

During a court ruling in a gun control case in Florida, in the early part of the 20th century, A judge admitted in open court that GUN CONTROL LAWS WERE NEVER MEANT TO BE ENFORCED AGAINST WHITE PEOPLE AND THAT THE INTENT OF THE LAW WAS TO MAKE SURE THAT MINORITIES COULD NOT HAVE ACCESS TO GUNS...A smoking gun statement if there ever was one...

Here in New York city in the early part of the 20th century, Italians were routinely singled out and prosecuted for gun possession since they were not considered to be white...

the point I am trying to make is that gun control, as with other issues, has always been a law which whites have used to arm themselves against the "other"... and this is where the gun culture comes from in white America and why they are reluctant to give up their guns....even poor whites feel superior and in charge when they are armed...

I know that many will say I am making this into a racial issue...but based upon the research I did, it IS and always has been a racial issue.....the entire foundation of the law was partially based on race...not only on the right to bear arms...

Rightly so?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2012, 10:59:53 PM »
I think everything was a racial issue in that time period, racial tensions were coming to a head, people were making everything racial on both sides.

Now if you're talking about the founders original intention for the 2nd amendment, I would say that race was in the very, very back of their mind.

I don't think so.....I think race was FOREMOST in their minds when drafting legislation....we try our best to hold these men up as great paragons of truth and justice but they were as flawed as everyone else, albeit they were great men irregardless......

they owned slaves, etc......crafted legislation that black people were basically property (3/5 of a human being)....planned the slow disinfranchisement of Native Americans by slowly confiscating their land (using laws and legislatiion to legitimize this)...made great compromises in freedom and liberty to all (because they did not want to piss off southerners)...etc.....RACE played a big role in what they were doing......its just whitewashed (no pun intended) in the history books

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2012, 11:00:34 PM »
Rightly so?

if you say so ::)...why not include in the graph all the genocides whites have committed as well???...lynching and killing blacks......almost murdering the Native Americans into extinction........that graph would even out tremedously

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2012, 11:06:18 PM »
I don't think so.....I think race was FOREMOST in their minds when drafting legislation....we try our best to hold these men up as great paragons of truth and justice but they were as flawed as everyone else, albeit they were great men irregardless......

they owned slaves, etc......crafted legislation that black people were basically property (3/5 of a human being)....planned the slow disinfranchisement of Native Americans by slowly confiscating their land (using laws and legislatiion to legitimize this)...made great compromises in freedom and liberty to all (because they did not want to piss off southerners)...etc.....RACE played a big role in what they were doing......its just whitewashed (no pun intended) in the history books
I think they were a little more concerned with the British and not having that happen again than they were of their slaves at that point dude. Later on, civil war era, civil rights movement.. I'd totally agree with you.
At that point the white man was king and there wasn't anything to really worry about from the slaves.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2012, 11:35:30 PM »
I think they were a little more concerned with the British and not having that happen again than they were of their slaves at that point dude. Later on, civil war era, civil rights movement.. I'd totally agree with you.
At that point the white man was king and there wasn't anything to really worry about from the slaves.

you make a good point but I kind of think that there was always some level of paranoia that blacks would rise up and kill whites because there were so many slaves in the U.S. at the time....this goes throught the mind of any oppressor.....you gotta try to maintain this system which is based on cruelty with more cruelty....I think also after a while whites just were psychologically tired of doing this.....it takes a physical and psychological toll on the oippressed AND the oppressor