Author Topic: Road rage video - must watch!  (Read 7226 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: Road rage video - must watch!
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2012, 03:18:50 PM »
Three .45 rounds

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 03:20:27 PM »
  Convict DNA

canyon

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012, 08:11:55 PM »
wow..i live in arizona, this guy would be dead  almost certainly. Allow him to grab the door handle of your car if you don't see him with gun, then shoot him in face and say you feared for your life. Would walk everytime in this state.

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2012, 08:18:57 PM »
I was living a few years ago in a town called Caboolture in Queensland, we were working construction not too far from there out in landsborough, we used to drink in a bikers bar called the Sundowner, anyway one night myself and a couple of lads were down there having a few beers and playing pool, there was a bunch of skinheads, for some reason one of them started picking on my friend, winding him up, my friend said nothing and continued on playing pool, he kept talking shit until finally my friend said "can you fight ?", then his friends start laughing and go "oh he can fight" the guy walked over to my friend with a big smile on his face that said "now I ve got you", when he got within distance and buddy just belted him right in the mouth and the guy dropped straight to the ground, we thought it best to leave so we left and were walking out in the carpark, anyway as we were walking I turned around and noticed the same guy was jumping over the railing and coming at mark again so shouted "Mark", my buddy turned around and when this skinhead got into range my friend headbutted him and down he went for the second time, then we got into the car and went home, a few days later I went back in the day time for lunch and the waitress said to me "Your friend should never come back here again and probarly better you dont either" appartently the skinhead who my friend humiliated was the son of the head of the bikers in that area.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2012, 08:25:00 PM »
Yes, but In Australia, had the victim got out of the car and hurt or killed the attacker, the victim would go to jail.  So no he was smart to stay in car and get away from the psycho.

I think the most comical part was the cop telling him to go back after the guy fell off the truck. Fucking genius, that one.  ::)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 08:28:07 PM »
He'd have been shot dead by now if he lived in the US.
So True, good thing we have sensible Gun laws, their are thousands of seriously disturbed red-necks in Australia.  Thank God it is almost impossible to get guns, otherwise the road rager would have killed the driver for sure.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 08:44:38 PM »
Yes, but In Australia, had the victim got out of the car and hurt or killed the attacker, the victim would go to jail.  So no he was smart to stay in car and get away from the psycho.

Exactly, Australian law SUCKS, I once had a neighbour and two of his thug mates harassing me on my front door step because I made a complaint about them regularly partying all night, they were all drunk and fired up, waving beer bottles around and inviting me to come outside and fight them.  I snapped, ending up breaking one of the young punks arms and was later arrested and charged.  The Judge went easy on me, but because I had prior convictions (a long time ago) and caused a serious injury he still fined me $500 and recorded another conviction.  Better that than lying face down in a pool of your own blood on your front doorstep.
V

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 08:45:34 PM »
Exactly, Australian law SUCKS, I once had a neighbour and two of his thug mates harassing me on my front door step because I made a complaint about them regularly partying all night, they were all drunk and fired up, waving beer bottles around and inviting me to come outside and fight them.  I snapped, ending up breaking one of the young punks arms and was later arrested and charged.  The Judge went easy on me, but because I had prior convictions (a long time ago) and caused a serious injury he still fined me $500 and recorded another conviction.  Better that than lying face down in a pool of your own blood on your front doorstep.

hahahaha....

Okay Napoleon Dynamite....

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 08:45:52 PM »
I think the most comical part was the cop telling him to go back after the guy fell off the truck. Fucking genius, that one.  ::)
she said don't go back.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2012, 08:53:22 PM »
hahahaha....

Okay Napoleon Dynamite....
Man, I wish it wasn't true. Having to deal with young Ignorant Aussie rednecks is a pain in the arse.  Some communities are like GETBIG come to REAL LIFE, and they all gather together in Groups, loitering, drinking, partying and harassing anybody and everybody. And this is what Australian law is like, you either allow yourself to be a victim and do nothing (and leave it up to the Police, who more than likely will do as little work as they possibly can) or you fight back and will then be charged yourself.   trust me, I have learnt this the hard way.  I will always choose to flee, every-time if their is an out, but I was in my own home and was actually preparing to leave, but they blocked me in.  Bad move on his part, the judge actually was very understanding and I literally ran out of the court room before he changed his mind, I often joke it was the best $500 I have ever spent.
V

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2012, 09:00:39 PM »
Man, I wish it wasn't true.  That's what Australian law is like, you either allow yourself to be a victim and do nothing (and leave it up to the Police, who more than likely will do as little work as they possibly can) or you fight back and will then be charged yourself.   trust me, I have learnt this the hard way.  I will always choose to flee, every-time if their is an out, but I was in my own home and was actually preparing to leave, but they blocked me in.  Bad move on his part, the judge actually was very understanding and I literally ran out of the court room before he changed his mind, I often joke it was the best $500 I have ever spent.

You don't like Australian law, yet you also take issue with US law where you generally can defend yourself.

There's no pleasing you.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2012, 09:10:29 PM »
You don't like Australian law, yet you also take issue with US law where you generally can defend yourself.

There's no pleasing you.
It's no different anywhere, any time you are in a confrontation you will always be open to being charged, especially when their is a few people on to one, they all collude, tell their side of the story and it's three rednecks story against yours.  It also doesn't help that I have prior convictions for assault (from when i was a younger man, many many years ago) and I am 6'2 250 pounds.   In this instance, the victim of the road rager was lucky he had a dash mounted camera, otherwise, depending on who the police decide to believe, he may have also been charged.  The Law here in cases like this, if their is little evidence, is literally about who the police want to believe on that day.  And unlike America, the situation i described could have easily led to me being dead if we had the same redneck gun culture you have over their.  Having firearms encourages people to escalate confrontations into fatalities.
V

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2012, 09:18:10 PM »
It's no different anywhere, any time you are in a confrontation you will always be open to being charged, especially when their is a few people on to one, they all collude, tell their side of the story and it's three rednecks story against yours.  It also doesn't help that I have prior convictions for assault (from when i was a younger man, many many years ago) and I am 6'2 250 pounds.   In this instance, the victim of the road rager was lucky he had a dash mounted camera, otherwise, depending on who the police decide to believe, he may have also been charged.  The Law here in cases like this, if their is little evidence, is literally about who the police want to believe on that day.  And unlike America, the situation i described could have easily led to me being dead if we had the same redneck gun culture you have over their.  Having firearms encourages people to escalate confrontations into fatalities.

Maybe it's just you.  I've never had a problem with anyone, except for some random fights in my school days.

Decent adults don't put themselves in that situation.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2012, 09:19:05 PM »

There's no pleasing you.
And it's not that I don't like the LAW, I don't like our Police Force, who are deeply corrupt and essentially incompetent.  They don't like dealing with anything they think is minor, they prefer to wait until things escalate and then deal with it.  Also, once they have it in for you, they have it in for you, you essentially don't have the police to turn too after that.  They will go to great lengths to stitch you up, a friend of mine served 18 months in jail after they loaded him up with several kg of amphetamines because he had a run in with an off duty police officer.  The  story is quite involved, and my friend was no saint (he used to peddle some marijuana), but the conviction left his 16 year old son to look after his 10 year old younger brother causing much hardship.  Anyway, it's fair to say, I would never help the police, and they have never helped me.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2012, 09:20:20 PM »
Maybe it's just you.  I've never had a problem with anyone, except for some random fights in my school days.

Decent adults don't put themselves in that situation.
You wouldn't last five minutes in Australia, especially in some of the rougher suburbs!
V

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2012, 09:22:04 PM »
And it's not that I don't like the LAW, I don't like our Police Force, who are deeply corrupt and essentially incompetent.  They don't like dealing with anything they think is minor, they prefer to wait until things escalate and then deal with it.  Also, once they have it in for you, they have it in for you, you essentially don't have the police to turn too after that.  They will go to great lengths to stitch you up, a friend of mine served 18 months in jail after they loaded him up with several kg of amphetamines because he had a run in with an off duty police officer.  The  story is quite involved, and my friend was no saint (he used to peddle some marijuana), but the conviction left his 16 year old son to look after his 10 year old younger brother causing much hardship.  Anyway, it's fair to say, I would never help the police, and they have never helped me.

Interesting points of view (yours versus mine).

We have great, extremely professional police here and I'm still extremely pro-second amendment.  As far as self defense goes, we don't need guns.  Incidentally, our sheriff is very pro second amendment.

If I was in your position, I certainly wouldn't want my government to be better armed than myself.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2012, 09:24:41 PM »
Please take a look at this thread Broseph  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=452441.0

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2012, 09:29:48 PM »
You wouldn't last five minutes in Australia, especially in some of the rougher suburbs!

I guess I'm not as tough as you... lol

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2012, 09:39:30 PM »
Interesting points of view.

We have great, extremely professional police here and I'm still extremely pro-second amendment.  As far as self defense goes, we don't need guns.  Our sheriff is very pro second amendment.

If I was in your position, I wouldn't want my government to be better armed than myself.
I heard your professional police force like to finger bang women on the side of the road.  Also, their have been times I wish I could easily weapon up without all the heavy restrictions and ongoing requirements.  But, personally I think it would just make things worse, not to mention opening up the potential for Nutters to go on shooting rampages.  Can you imagine if that road rager had easy access to guns, and their are plenty, and I mean plenty of dudes like him around.  I consider myself an agnostic, I don't think GOD or the truth can be known, but when I was younger I investigated all the religions and philosophies, and I quite like some of the views of Buddhism, and despite several confrontations throughout my life, I still believe in not possessing anything that was designed to cause harm, not having a livelihood that causes others suffering (In Buddhism, that could mean not working for a weapons manufacturer etc). You know, just trying to be a good person, consider others and generally not make a cun+ of yourself.  I am not perfect, but it is good to have a goal to aim towards.

I mean their are times in my life a gun would have been handy, like the time I was attacked by two pitbulls, but, having said that, I don't know if it would have stopped them if I hit them (pitbulls have been known to continue attacking after being shot) or I more than likely would have missed (pitbulls when attacking are very quick, darting in and out, circling, multiple pits even worse) their was a recent case in America when two officers where charged by a Pitbull, one officer fired and missed the dog and killed his partner.  So, not even trained professionals always hit a target like an attacking Pitbull.

Sometimes in life, we just have to accept WE MAY LOSE now and again, some people will never be victims, and they are the lucky ones, but no matter how much you try and arm up and defend yourself, their are no guarantees, but you still have to find ways to create the safest communities you can, especially for children.  You think that's by weaponing up, but it seems to have the opposite effect, as regular random mass shootings, even if by mental cases, increases fear and anxiety in the average citizen, and they also seem to be something that is hard to defend against because of their unpredictability.  Anyway, I am glad I don't live in America (and I am being sincere, not trolling), and I am glad we don't have the problem you as a Nation now face.  I don't pretend to know how to stop these senseless mass shootings, but I don't think it will help to leave things as they currently are.  Something has to change.  JMO
V

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2012, 09:57:02 PM »
I heard your professional police force like to finger bang women on the side of the road.  Also, their have been times I wish I could easily weapon up without all the heavy restrictions and ongoing requirements.  But, personally I think it would just make things worse, not to mention opening up the potential for Nutters to go on shooting rampages.  Can you imagine if that road rager had easy access to guns, and their are plenty, and I mean plenty of dudes like him around.  I consider myself an agnostic, I don't think GOD or the truth can be known, but when I was younger I investigated all the religions and philosophies, and I quite like some of the views of Buddhism, and despite several confrontations throughout my life, I still believe in not possessing anything that was designed to cause harm, not having a livelihood that causes others suffering (In Buddhism, that could mean not working for a weapons manufacturer etc). You know, just trying to be a good person, consider others and generally not make a cun+ of yourself.  I am not perfect, but it is good to have a goal to aim towards.

I mean their are times in my life a gun would have been handy, like the time I was attacked by two pitbulls, but, having said that, I don't know if it would have stopped them if I hit them (pitbulls have been known to continue attacking after being shot) or I more than likely would have missed (pitbulls when attacking are very quick, darting in and out, circling, multiple pits even worse) their was a recent case in America when two officers where charged by a Pitbull, one officer fired and missed the dog and killed his partner.  So, not even trained professionals always hit a target like an attacking Pitbull.

Sometimes in life, we just have to accept WE MAY LOSE now and again, some people will never be victims, and they are the lucky ones, but no matter how much you try and arm up and defend yourself, their are no guarantees, but you still have to find ways to create the safest communities you can, especially for children.  You think that's by weaponing up, but it seems to have the opposite effect, as regular random mass shootings, even if by mental cases, increases fear and anxiety in the average citizen, and they also seem to be something that is hard to defend against because of their unpredictability.  Anyway, I am glad I don't live in America (and I am being sincere, not trolling), and I am glad we don't have the problem you as a Nation now face.  I don't pretend to know how to stop these senseless mass shootings, but I don't think it will help to leave things as they currently are.  Something has to change.  JMO

I think you're definitely blowing isolated instances out of proportion, but from your post I understand how you're arriving at such conclusions.  

You seem to be ignoring the fact (repeated here over and over) that from the beginning, the second amendment has been about individual rights, and personal sovereignty.  Not self defense or hunting.  For that reason, they overwhelmingly prevent harm.

To each his own I guess, I hope you enjoy your life.  Keep up the good work.  

People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.
If we restrict liberty to attain security we will lose them both.

-Benjamin Franklin

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2012, 10:00:10 PM »
Dazza and E-Kul are both right - had the dude defended himself there is every chance he would have been arrested and jailed.

I live in Germany now and there are some things I will never get used to here, but I have to say, road clowns are few and far between. Yes - they drive like fucking maniacs over here, but not with the all the associated bullshit and aggro I've seen in Oz, especially in recent years when I've been back on holiday. And there are differences too. In Melbourne, they're all aggressive and will refuse to let you merge. In Brisbane, your problems come from clowns who just can't drive, are totally ignorant of any road rules and are mentally touched. You can get into it with someone just because you looked at them.

Having said that, the report said Loganholme, which is not the best place in the country.

Road rage in Oz is getting worse. I don't know why but it is.

And Dazza - holy fuck at your Sundowner story! I grew up in Redcliffe - I know Caboolture and the Sundowner. I can see it all happening  just as you described!

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2012, 10:10:18 PM »
A gun in the hands of either of these dudes would have made things much much worse.

Stefano

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2012, 10:15:55 PM »
Not all of aussie i presume. I was in sydney for a short period and didnt see too many arrogant aussies. Maybe i was in a nicer suburb

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2012, 10:28:36 PM »
I have lived in Melbourne my whole life (40 years), and road rage is patty bad, but I haven't experienced it myself for a long time, I have seen others going at it, but I am a bit more sedated now, and when driving I pretty much keep a good distance between myself and the next car, and pretty much drive at the speed limit all the time, I occasionally on single lane roads get young hot heads tailgating me and then overtaking and tooting their horn or what not but I learnt, the worst thing you can do is react to them, I just let them speed off, occasionally I pull up behind them at the lights or something, and I just give them an apologetic look and wave, they just want to be right, so i let them, that's normally all it takes.  What the fuck do I care, at 40 years of age I don't really want to be getting out of my car and throwing down with some young hot heads.  But in the above case, their isn't much the victim could have done, the young guy had snapped, their was no coming back from that!  

About 20 years ago, I was driving to a friends house on my own, and I must have accidentally cut someone of or something (only human) and a car load of red-necks began harassing me (not unlike the poor guy in this video) and I sped off leading them on a chase through some windy hillside roads.  I was almost at my friends house and I remember he had two very well trained Dobermans, so I was lucky that I made it to my friends house and when I pulled in the driveway and got out of the car, they stopped at the end of the driveway.  I waved them up and said, come on up.  One look at the dogs, and they cursed me out and sped off.  Thank God I haven't experienced anything like that for a long time now.  It was quite scary!
V

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2012, 05:57:56 AM »
Nothing beats this

I am a mini beast