Author Topic: The future of MMA has died, former IFBB PRO Marcelo Safdie. RIP  (Read 10774 times)

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
Re: The future of MMA has arrived, former IFBB PRO Marcelo Safdie.
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2012, 05:11:14 AM »
Mini me really has some delusional potential! Lets all encourage him to continue his pursuit in making us laugh! THANKS MINI-ME!

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2012, 09:48:29 AM »
Bodybuilders don't know how to fight. They just have size. Period. They live in a fantasy thinking that lifting weights translates to being able to fight.

It takes training as a fighter to fight. When I was younger, I used to beat the crap out of guys twice my size... I was stronger and faster... because my body was adapted for fighting. I used to weigh between 180-185 fighting. I remember in high school this kid he was 230 and could bench 315 for reps (big deal in grade 10 lmao)... for whatever reason him and his schmoes thought they'd pick on me. :) I humiliated his ass he couldn't even stand planted. Lets just say it didn't last long. Afterwards, as is typical of high school.. he became my buddy :)

Fighters can be skinny, fat, somewhat muscular, but they will be able to fight... BBers can be as ripped and huge as they want, but they won't be able to fight worth shit except have the psychological effect of being 'tough' and 'dangerous' due to size. Ego.

Now on the other hand is a different story, I can't fight worth shit as I would pull muscles, hurt joints, etc... as I ONLY lift weights and don't train for fighting. Stopped shortly into my marriage training martial arts.

BBing is all aesthetics... period.. any strength you gain from it is a side effect.

Martial arts training is all about practicality... whatever strength, speed, durability, flexibility, etc... you build is for practical application of fighting

bodybuilding has nothing to do with fighting you know this, the only correlation is general ego and napolion complexes. however there are some big muscular dudes who dont call themselves bodybuilders out in the real world that are verrry dangerous.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2012, 10:04:34 AM »
bodybuilding has nothing to do with fighting you know this, the only correlation is general ego and napolion complexes. however there are some big muscular dudes who dont call themselves bodybuilders out in the real world that are verrry dangerous.

Anyone remember Dan Freeman? Finished top 5 at the Nationals back in the late 90s as a heavyweight and probably would have turned pro in time, but thankfully stepped away from bodybuilding. That dude could fight...seriously. He actually had skills. Maybe not pro MMA skills, but he could throw and he's part of the Shamrock team (you might remember him from earlier seasons of TUF).

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2012, 10:42:02 AM »
I find it particularly funny to watch that vid and then immediately go to this:

hahhaaha that was great with benny hill music.

Watching his 'training videos'.. its clear the guy has NO core development for martial arts... a strong core is absolute key in martial arts... he also has way too many unecessary muscles in certain regions of the body that just slow him down and do jack shit for him... obviously... normally you'll see fighters have a good core, good lats, good traps, good shoulders and that's all they really need.. and yeah hams and glutes... this dude is so unbalanced physically for what he needs... his hip movement is non-existant which is half the problem alongside a shit core.. when he stands its so clear he has no stability either and he does not know how to cover... he should cut down and if he wants to keep fighting and lifting.. only train the body parts required for fighting then maybe he'll get a chance... big schmoe can't stand planted...

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2012, 12:10:14 PM »
I remember Freeman backing Shammy in the tourny's he was pretty jacked all around, dont remember seeing him on TUF, pretty cool stuff.

Birch

• Getbig I
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2012, 01:15:49 PM »
needs to practice more on his elbow shots.

ukjeff

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2012, 01:33:00 PM »
Meh  I still get a good chuckle from seeing ego filled guys at the gym think they're tough as shit because of size
this
I used to know a guy who taught MMA who got into a scrape with a bodybuilder doorman, he just punched him in his bicep and he started blubbing "no more, no more".

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2012, 02:43:31 PM »
Marcelo owns  his own  MMA  gym , call himself the trainer of Champions , he has no fighting experience ( boxing ,Muay Thai ,Wrestling .............) but his ground game is solid.

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2012, 02:55:01 PM »
well that was extremely uncomfortable to watch.
Makes me glad giving up the whole "getting big" thing. He looks ridiculous.

the trainer

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2012, 03:19:05 PM »
Wrestling is the best thing a bodybuilder can do and it also helps with your cardio, then you are able to translate easily to submisson wrestling, at least he would have being able to take the guy down.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2012, 03:27:53 PM »
  Dwarf has NO game.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2012, 03:40:32 PM »
what he did had nothing to do with training he was simply nervous and overwhelmed, he froze, his heart rate was probably 130 when he started, he panicked, some people get overwhelmed by the whole eperience, having said that he should have known this and not gone into fighting if you are like this. Just cause he reacts like that in the ring does not mean he is a total pussy if you got in fight with him at the bar, or maybe he is  :-\

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2012, 05:13:07 PM »
Getbig should try to set up a fight between this midget and Big Down Hill. Winner gets Down Hills whore.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2012, 11:08:54 PM »
what he did had nothing to do with training he was simply nervous and overwhelmed, he froze, his heart rate was probably 130 when he started, he panicked, some people get overwhelmed by the whole eperience, having said that he should have known this and not gone into fighting if you are like this. Just cause he reacts like that in the ring does not mean he is a total pussy if you got in fight with him at the bar, or maybe he is  :-\

He's simply not a fighter, in or outside the ring.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2012, 12:40:50 AM »
Maybe he thought it was going to be a musclefight aka posedown. The promoter probably booked him to guest pose and pulled a switcheroo on him. Thats why he looked so confused when the other guy started throwin shots at his head. He was just tryin to get some space so he could do a most muscular shot and it wouldve been lights out for the other guy.

He looked like he was about to cry when they gave him a medal for second place.

lolz

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2012, 12:43:16 AM »
He's simply not a fighter, in or outside the ring.

Actually, he was fighting for his life.

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2012, 02:16:53 AM »
Actually, he was fighting for his life.
lol,, mini -me really made my holidays,, quality humour only on getbig!

pulling weight

• Getbig III
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2012, 02:39:35 AM »
You dummies don't seem to realize that the guy the bodybuilder is fighting is probably more powerful overall. He's much bigger. I don't think the bodybuilder even has the strength advantage. Put a powerlifter like a prime Kaz in there against this "mma fighter" and my money would be on Kaz
T

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2012, 02:50:26 AM »
You dummy don't seem to realize that he sucks at fighting, regardless of opponent.

che

• Getbig V
Re: The future of MMA has died, former IFBB PRO Marcelo Safdie. RIP
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2013, 02:43:57 PM »

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: The future of MMA has died, former IFBB PRO Marcelo Safdie. RIP
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2013, 02:51:19 PM »
 :(  rip

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2013, 02:53:22 PM »
Meh :) I still get a good chuckle from seeing ego filled guys at the gym think they're tough as shit because of size :)

Little bit late to comment ,but supposedly one & the only Arnolds brawl at Gold's was pussy cat fight  :D
One of BB magz printed that story.