Author Topic: The local liberal rag put my name out there.  (Read 8242 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: The local liberal rag put my name out there.
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2012, 11:22:21 AM »
Blogger Christopher Fountain Hits Back Against Gun Owners' Map, Publishes Addresses Of Journal News Staff

Posted: 12/27/2012 9:58 am EST  |  Updated: 12/27/2012 12:35 pm EST

Video, Christopher Fountain, Gun Map, Gun Map Newspaper, Gun Owners Map, Gun Owners Neighbors, Gun Owners Westchester, Journal News Addresses, Journal News Gun Map, Newspaper Gun Map, Media News

Blogger Christopher Fountain retaliated against a New York newspaper, which recently published the addresses of local gun owners, by publishing the addresses and phone numbers of the newspaper's staff.

The Journal News published the names and addresses of legal gun owners in Westchester and Rockland counties. The paper has been criticized for allegedly putting people in danger.

On Monday, Fountain began publishing the names, addresses and contact information of the newspaper's publisher and editor, and staff members who worked on the gun owners' map. Readers came up with information for other staff members, and Fountain listed those employees as well.

The blogger explained why he did it, speaking on CNN Thursday. "Somehow, [The Journal News was] conflating legal gun owners with some crazed, tormented devil up in Newtown and putting the two together," he alleged. "And I was offended by that and I wondered how they'd like it if their addresses were published."

Journal News publisher Janet Hanson has defended the newspaper's gun map, saying that the information was "important" in the aftermath of the Newtown shooting.

Fountain disagreed on Thursday, and argued that she could have published the number of gun permits in the counties instead. “But the fact that they put the addresses — I’ve received emails from abused women who were under protective order and in hiding, and they’re terribly afraid that now their names and addresses are all over the Internet and accessible through that map,” he said.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2012, 11:26:37 AM »

Fountain disagreed on Thursday, and argued that she could have published the number of gun permits in the counties instead. “But the fact that they put the addresses — I’ve received emails from abused women who were under protective order and in hiding, and they’re terribly afraid that now their names and addresses are all over the Internet and accessible through that map,” he said.

Brilliant.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2012, 11:36:56 AM »
Brilliant.

Typical leftist liberal progressive communist thing to do what this rag did. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2012, 11:49:43 AM »
I doubt the people at the paper will complain nearly as much as the pussies on this thread

Its a national story now.  People are very upset since these leftist communist creeps now blew the address on many people under proective custody, TRO, ex-law enforcement, judges, etc. 

Typical leftist mentality - its ok to publish info on gun owners held by the clerk, not ok to publish gays who get a wedding license by the clerk. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2012, 11:50:59 AM »
Typical right-ist mentality.  Bitch and whine about something by making illogical assumptions.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2012, 11:52:50 AM »
Typical right-ist mentality.  Bitch and whine about something by making illogical assumptions.

Many people are really upset over this - even local clerks, law enforcement etc sine this provides a road map for thugs and criminals which homes to attack. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2012, 11:56:24 AM »
 ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2012, 01:29:39 PM »
Its a national story now.  People are very upset since these leftist communist creeps now blew the address on many people under proective custody, TRO, ex-law enforcement, judges, etc. 

Typical leftist mentality - its ok to publish info on gun owners held by the clerk, not ok to publish gays who get a wedding license by the clerk. 

feel free to gather all the info on gay weddings and publish them

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2012, 01:57:04 PM »
33333's arguments can be so stupid.

Par for the course though.

Agreed.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2012, 02:06:33 PM »
Blogger Christopher Fountain Hits Back Against Gun Owners' Map, Publishes Addresses Of Journal News Staff

Posted: 12/27/2012 9:58 am EST  |  Updated: 12/27/2012 12:35 pm EST

Video, Christopher Fountain, Gun Map, Gun Map Newspaper, Gun Owners Map, Gun Owners Neighbors, Gun Owners Westchester, Journal News Addresses, Journal News Gun Map, Newspaper Gun Map, Media News

Blogger Christopher Fountain retaliated against a New York newspaper, which recently published the addresses of local gun owners, by publishing the addresses and phone numbers of the newspaper's staff.

The Journal News published the names and addresses of legal gun owners in Westchester and Rockland counties. The paper has been criticized for allegedly putting people in danger.

On Monday, Fountain began publishing the names, addresses and contact information of the newspaper's publisher and editor, and staff members who worked on the gun owners' map. Readers came up with information for other staff members, and Fountain listed those employees as well.

The blogger explained why he did it, speaking on CNN Thursday. "Somehow, [The Journal News was] conflating legal gun owners with some crazed, tormented devil up in Newtown and putting the two together," he alleged. "And I was offended by that and I wondered how they'd like it if their addresses were published."

Journal News publisher Janet Hanson has defended the newspaper's gun map, saying that the information was "important" in the aftermath of the Newtown shooting.

Is it not illegal to post confident information?

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2012, 04:54:03 PM »

A lot of things are public record - does not mean the paper shoul be tossing gas on the fire.

dont you like the 1st ammendement?
c

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2012, 03:19:42 AM »
Not to point out the obvious--- But has anyone bothered to consider where most violent gun deaths occur and under what circumstances?

Is the newspaper going to start knocking on doors in the ghetto and asking unlicensed, illegal gun owners for their personal information so it can be printed?

And if not, why not?

Think about how sick and warped this is-- So called journalists with an agenda deliberately research, compile and print the personal information of private citizens in the newspapers for the unspeakable crime of LEGALLY engaging in the practice of a right guaranteed by the constitution.

Where the fuck does this end?

This has nothing to do with stopping gun violence.

This is about trampling on the liberty of law abiding citizens and attempting to shame/scare gun owners into hiding. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2012, 11:49:32 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/29/journal-news_n_2380058.html

They are expanding the list now. 

When a few of these leftist aholes get their houses invaded by robbers who know they are without arms - I just hope they ransack and destroy the fng place. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2012, 12:22:34 PM »

When a few of these leftist aholes get their houses invaded by robbers who know they are without arms - I just hope they ransack and destroy the fng place. 

you still pissing and moaning about this

if you don't like the rules then don't own guns

otherwise STFU

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2012, 01:51:06 PM »
Is it not illegal to post confident information?

It certainly is within the realm of legality, but the accompanying intent and implications are in poor taste, and (IMO) adulterate the journalistic integrity of a professional publication.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2012, 02:23:04 PM »

It certainly is within the realm of legality, but the accompanying intent and implications are in poor taste, and (IMO) adulterate the journalistic integrity of a professional publication.

Is it on public record if you buy a gun ???

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2012, 02:41:48 PM »
Is it on public record if you buy a gun ???

I don't know about everywhere. It apparently is in 3's city.
I think he's upset about the insinuation of the report that "the following list contains names of people with malicious intent." Even if they don't come out and say that outright, they're certainly not heralding gun-owners in any kind of positive light.

Not everyone on that list deserves to be assigned a negative label, but they're all on the receiving end of that implication.
It would make me mad, too.

To me, it's abusing the freedom of speech to misuse/misrepresent public information.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2012, 05:40:42 PM »

I don't know about everywhere. It apparently is in 3's city.
I think he's upset about the insinuation of the report that "the following list contains names of people with malicious intent." Even if they don't come out and say that outright, they're certainly not heralding gun-owners in any kind of positive light.

Not everyone on that list deserves to be assigned a negative label, but they're all on the receiving end of that implication.
It would make me mad, too.

To me, it's abusing the freedom of speech to misuse/misrepresent public information.
and they said that gun registration would never be used to single out gun owners....

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2012, 06:39:59 PM »
and they said that gun registration would never be used to single out gun owners....

Unfortunately, this is the exact context of the situation.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2012, 09:55:07 PM »
 ;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2012, 10:35:00 PM »
Just because something us legal and protected by the constitution does not mean it us desirable or moral. I do not think gun owners should be labeled as immoral or undesirable, however arguing on their behalf simply be appealing to legality and constitutional protection isn't much of an argument at all.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2012, 03:12:26 AM »

Seriously 333, you really need to get over this left wing / right wing BS paradigmn, ...because that is all it is, BS, ...especially on the issue of gun control.

There are plenty of democrats who believe in the 2nd amendment, ...and there are plenty of Republicans who would gladly ban guns.

This left/right paradigmn that you insist in wallowing in, is simply how those with a globalist agenda divide & occupy the agendas of their enemies. They have people so busy hating on each other, that they don' even realize the need to organize and defend themselves from their real enemy.

People may consider those who are often referred to as "left wing kneepadders" or "right wing dittoheads" to be mind controlled & brainwashed, ...and perhaps they are, ...but certainly no more than those who persist in dwelling within the useless left/right paradigmn.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2012, 03:31:52 AM »
Just because something us legal and protected by the constitution does not mean it us desirable or moral. I do not think gun owners should be labeled as immoral or undesirable, however arguing on their behalf simply be appealing to legality and constitutional protection isn't much of an argument at all.

This has seriously got to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read on GetBig. It ranks right up there with 'turning the other cheek' passively resisting and showing love to someone in the middle of trying to kill you'. Why am I not surprised it is the same poster who made the previous assinine remark.

If legality & constitutional protection isn't much of an argument... how about the right to privacy? How about people who are in hiding from dangerous stalkers, who now have their names & addresses published for their stalkers to see?

Now that the stalker now knows where his prey lives, s/he also knows what kind of fire power they have. A nutter who might otherwise have gone in armed with a knife, or perhaps gone in unarmed, may now choose to go in with a firearm. And please don't give me this crap about how burglars will avoid the location. With nutjobs lurking about, burglary is the least of one's concerns.

Tbombz, sometimes I think you say the stupidest things. ..

...although given the hatefilled rants 333 is so well known for, it is a pity his neighbours don't have the ability to cross reference his rants with the fact that he does own firearms.

While I'm certainly not of the opinion that all gun owners or 2nd Amendment supporters are all powder kegs waiting for a spark... I do think 333 definitely falls into that category. I truly would not at all be surprised if one day we hear about him going off the deep end.

How's that for a contradiction? lol
w

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2012, 03:31:44 PM »
Jag is a bi-partisan, equal opportunity ass-whooper.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2012, 03:34:51 PM »
I'm not a violent person.