Author Topic: LA Lakers - Steve Nash Will Save The LA Lakers  (Read 282061 times)

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
Re: Steve Nash Will Save The LA Lakers
« Reply #925 on: March 11, 2013, 03:43:35 PM »
  Bulls have NO players     to this day, the Lakers have only beaten one real team... the Thunder     and that Thunder was road tired and playing at L.A.

Bring on the Heat, the Lakers are peaking!   ;D

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #926 on: March 11, 2013, 03:50:17 PM »
 ;D

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #927 on: March 11, 2013, 03:58:25 PM »
Lol, there are some jealous-ass Kobe haters in this thread.  Yes, let the butthurt flow through you.  Even the saltiest hater should be able to respect the godlike level of Kobe's play this year.  Dude is shitting on people, literally turning back the clock.  Everyone wants to point an laugh at the Lakers this year but the reality is that the team made a coaching change and has had a lot of injuries causing most of their important players to miss a lot of time. I hope LA wins the championship this year just to rub it in your faces.

Fuck all you guys.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #928 on: March 11, 2013, 04:02:14 PM »
  they are getting blown out by bob cats, hornets, raptors, etc.,     they are barely a 500 team     Kobe shoots them out of more games if you really look at it

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #929 on: March 11, 2013, 04:21:03 PM »
Kobe shoots them out of more games if you really look at it

Total bullshit.  You are letting your personal dislike for Kobe cloud your perception of reality.  Kobe has been killing himself all year long to keep the team competetive.  His shooting has been very efficient all year and he is playing at a league MVP level.

Real talk.  The front office hired a coach that doesn't fit their roster.  They are rich with post players and seven footers but D'Antoni wants to play small.  WTF?  Defense wins championships and they hire a guy who doesn't understand and doesn't coach defense.  The roster is old and injured.  Nash missed a ton of games with a broken leg, Blake missed most of the year, Gasol has missed a ton of games and is essentially out for the year.  Jordan Hill is out for the year.  Dwight Howard is not physically the same player that he was in Orlando.  He's missed games and when he has played he hasn't played well except for a handfull of games.  If Dwight wants more post touches he needs to stop committing dumb offensive fouls, stop getting the ball stripped, start finishing at the basket, and start making more than 48% of his freethrows, period.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #930 on: March 11, 2013, 04:25:33 PM »
LA has a championship caliber roster - they're just all undersachieving. 

Getting all excited because they beat the hornets is embarassing.  NBA wants lakers in the playoffs pretty badly. 

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #931 on: March 11, 2013, 04:27:51 PM »
  QB, waiting for you to post. As for Defense, they had Mike Brown. They fired him. They wanted Offense. Now the have offense, they say they want defense. How can you have Mike B. and Mike D. both being Head Coach at the same time? Stop the excuses.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #932 on: March 11, 2013, 04:44:45 PM »
LA has a championship caliber roster - they're just all undersachieving. 

Getting all excited because they beat the hornets is embarassing.  NBA wants lakers in the playoffs pretty badly. 

They might have a championship caliber roster, when they are all playing.  We haven't been helathy with all of our players ALL YEAR.

They aren't all underachieving.  What more could Kobe Bryant do?  He has tried to score a ton of points to keep them in games, he tried not shooting and just facilitating for other guys, he tried defending the other teams best player.  Now he is scoring a ton and racking up  a ton of assists at the same time.  People that dislike him look for every excuse to find fault with the guy but this year there is none.  He is beasting.

If you think the NBA is helping the Lakers you are fucking nuts.  They vetoed the Chris Paul trade.  That deal screwed us bad in more ways then one. 

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #933 on: March 11, 2013, 04:48:18 PM »
Boston  - Won
Portland  - Won
Dallas  - Won
Denver  - LOST
Minnesota - Won
Atlanta - Won
Oklahoma City - LOST
New Orleans - Won
Toronto - Won
Chicago - Won
Orlando -
Indiana -
Sacramento -
Phoenix -
Washington
Golden State
Minnesota
Milwaukee
Sacramento
Dallas
Memphis
Los Angeles
New Orleans
Portland
Golden State
San Antonio
Houston

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #934 on: March 11, 2013, 04:52:24 PM »
  According to Marc Stein of ESPN, the Lakers have the fourth-easiest schedule in the NBA when you look at the winning percentages of their opponents. This may give the fans hope, but Los Angeles will still need to beat some quality opponents if they are going to make the postseason.

The fourth easiest schedule... and they are barely a 500 team

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #935 on: March 11, 2013, 04:57:51 PM »
  QB, waiting for you to post. As for Defense, they had Mike Brown. They fired him. They wanted Offense. Now the have offense, they say they want defense. How can you have Mike B. and Mike D. both being Head Coach at the same time? Stop the excuses.

Mike Brown's defense wasn't exactly mind blowing.  Then he inexplicably installed the Princeton offense that doesn't utilize post players and was designed for teams with inferior talent.  Like D'Antoni he had Gasol playing 20 feet from the hoop.  He didn't know how to utilize the talent he had, that's why he got fired.  D'Antoni is headed down the same path.  The team has stopped running his offensive system because it wasn't working.  When they started filtering everything through Kobe we started winning. 

While you guys are posting wins and losses why don't you post games missed by our 8 or 9 man rotation.  Then post how many games our starters have played together.  It's not an excuse it's reality.  Your roster can have all the talent in the world but if they aren't playing it isn't going to do a lot of good.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #936 on: March 11, 2013, 05:31:14 PM »
coach isnt the issue, kobe is the coach.

Nash is now the shooting guard, kobe is the point guard, they did figure it out.

now kobe and nash suck defensively this is where they will die in the 1st round..yes they will make the playoffs.

Houston, portland and Utah are awful.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #937 on: March 11, 2013, 05:40:28 PM »
Lol, there are some jealous-ass Kobe haters in this thread.  Yes, let the butthurt flow through you.  Even the saltiest hater should be able to respect the godlike level of Kobe's play this year.  Dude is shitting on people, literally turning back the clock.  Everyone wants to point an laugh at the Lakers this year but the reality is that the team made a coaching change and has had a lot of injuries causing most of their important players to miss a lot of time. I hope LA wins the championship this year just to rub it in your faces.

Fuck all you guys.

Lakers couldn't get a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament and you think they're a match for OKC or the Heat.

Okaaaaaaaay buddy boy.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #938 on: March 11, 2013, 05:44:24 PM »

Fuck all you guys.

No man you are wrong.

I have always said Kobe is on fire, his blazing the league right now, his on fire right now and i dont see him slowing down.

LA wont win the championship, forget that, not when howard is a laker, his a loser.
Kobe seems like his on HGH and many Peds ...thats a compliment.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #939 on: March 11, 2013, 05:47:26 PM »
Lakers couldn't get a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament and you think they're a match for OKC or the Heat.

Okaaaaaaaay buddy boy.

I didn't say they Lakers were likely to win the NBA championship, I said I hoped they would.  Dumbass.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #940 on: March 11, 2013, 05:58:03 PM »

Nash is now the shooting guard, kobe is the point guard, they did figure it out.

now kobe and nash suck defensively this is where they will die in the 1st round..yes they will make the playoffs.

I'm rapidly losing hope my Blazers will make the playoffs. Would need Utah and Houston to go on losing streaks. Thing that irks me is Portland would have made the playoffs if they didn't lose a ton of games to very shitty teams.

At least the Lakers will be fun to watch in the playoffs. But just goes to show how much chemistry matters in the nba.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #941 on: March 11, 2013, 06:03:09 PM »

I'm going to respectfully disagree.  To win titles, you have to have a coach that has a solid system and philosophy that knows how to utilize the talent that he has.  You've got to be able to bring a team together and mesh personalities to get everyone on the same page.  That's why Phil Jackson is the greatest NBA coach of all time.  He knows what he wants the team to do and he knows how to get them to do it.  He doesn't just role the ball out and tell the team to figure it out.

I don't think this team is playing well enough to win the whole thing but I wouldn't be so sure they are going to be out in the first round.  It depends on who they are playing, how healthy they are, and how they are playing at that time.   A lot can change between now and they playoffs, both good and bad.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #942 on: March 11, 2013, 06:04:22 PM »
I'm rapidly losing hope my Blazers will make the playoffs. Would need Utah and Houston to go on losing streaks. Thing that irks me is Portland would have made the playoffs if they didn't lose a ton of games to very shitty teams.

At least the Lakers will be fun to watch in the playoffs. But just goes to show how much chemistry matters in the nba.

my friend i was hoping for your blazers to win, they had a great shot to claim a spot and then they lose to washington wizards and to every subpar team like New orleans.

Houston is just as bad. i know arce1988 will hate this but the lakers do deserve the playoff spot ahead of portland, houston and utah. they all had a great chance of just maintaining there playoff spots and they all fumbled one by one.

Lakers have been on a tear since all star break, cant knock it, they proved me wrong thats for sure.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #943 on: March 11, 2013, 06:05:52 PM »
I'm going to respectfully disagree.  To win titles, you have to have a coach that has a solid system and philosophy that knows how to utilize the talent that he has.  You've got to be able to bring a team together and mesh personalities to get everyone on the same page.  That's why Phil Jackson is the greatest NBA coach of all time.  He knows what he wants the team to do and he knows how to get them to do it.  He doesn't just role the ball out and tell the team to figure it out.

I don't think this team is playing well enough to win the whole thing but I wouldn't be so sure they are going to be out in the first round.  It depends on who they are playing, how healthy they are, and how they are playing at that time.   A lot can change between now and they playoffs, both good and bad.

ok good post:
yes the coach is important, hence why lakers wont win. kobe is now the coach, mike d is pathetic.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #944 on: March 11, 2013, 06:26:58 PM »
I wouldn't call Phil Jackson the greatest coach. He had the luxury coaching the best players in the game. He knows how to control their egos and make them ball as a team. Greg Pop or Larry Brown are better "coachs" they make the most out of their teams with such little. Hell Larry Brown led the Pistons to a championship over Phil's Lakers.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #945 on: March 11, 2013, 06:55:41 PM »
I wouldn't call Phil Jackson the greatest coach. He had the luxury coaching the best players in the game. He knows how to control their egos and make them ball as a team. Greg Pop or Larry Brown are better "coachs" they make the most out of their teams with such little. Hell Larry Brown led the Pistons to a championship over Phil's Lakers.

Yes Sir.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #946 on: March 11, 2013, 07:18:21 PM »
  Lakers can still lose a lot of games    and even if they make it, they will lose first round   qb  really knows nba    more of you should listen to him

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #947 on: March 11, 2013, 07:41:43 PM »
  Lakers can still lose a lot of games    and even if they make it, they will lose first round   qb  really knows nba    more of you should listen to him

thank you sir.

lakers can lose, but utah portland and houston are just about deadbeats now, if you had to bet on which will make the playoffs i would put it all on the lakers. (to make playoffs, not win it all)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #948 on: March 11, 2013, 07:43:57 PM »
  utah portland dallas houston and even golden state are all choking     but the lakers can still choke too

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #949 on: March 11, 2013, 07:50:45 PM »
  utah portland dallas houston and even golden state are all choking     but the lakers can still choke too

it will be awesome if they did. I dont think so, down by 25 at the begining of the 4th and they win is a great morale boost for this team, Kobe is 24 yrs old again, he may burn out or get injured from now but barring injury and if nash howard can just continue to rebound they will be good, they have already taken the 8th spot.

Houston has been dissapointing, so has Utah and portland. there fans must be gutted, from a NBA point of view they know that arce1988 wont watch OKC vs Houston, but he will watch OKC vs LA, even if its to see the lakers get blown out. Arce1988 let the lakers make it, it will feel better when you see kobe walk away in the first round in tears.