Author Topic: Got the Insanity DVD's ..  (Read 3555 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Got the Insanity DVD's ..
« on: December 27, 2012, 09:41:08 AM »
Figure I need to up my cardio game a bit. Tired of the treadmill all the time. I've done the P90X cardio dvd's and while they did tend to get old, it was a good workout. I borrowed those to see if I liked it so I don't have them anymore.  I don't plan on doing it in 60 days. I'll try and do it every other day with weight training the off day. We'll see how that goes. 

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Got the Insanity DVD's ..
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 10:50:04 AM »
The tapes do look like good calorie burners. Guys laugh at body weight stuff but it can kick your ass.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 11:44:39 AM »
The tapes do look like good calorie burners. Guys laugh at body weight stuff but it can kick your ass.
oh yes it can...

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 12:18:04 PM »
i run the gym where i work at now and have watched clients of mine do this and the workouts are just what they say INSANE

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 12:31:46 PM »
with the right exercise selection and rest intervals(not a lot) then intensity is high. Even Bodyweight exercises can be "compound" all over body training. True you are in a very high state of cardio training but you can really get in shape fast. Not like a Bodybuilder but still very good results.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 03:59:38 PM »
Pro bodybuilders are not in shape. You can get into real shape doing body weight exercises. You're right though. You won't get drug bloated muscles doing things like pushups and chins. What you will get is a body is ripped and can kick ass.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 08:37:18 AM »
No surprise it is tough. average about 45 minutes per DVD. It is a process of building myself up to be able to do the complete workout. You can't help but get in better shape trying to follow the routines.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 08:41:37 AM »
No surprise it is tough. average about 45 minutes per DVD. It is a process of building myself up to be able to do the complete workout. You can't help but get in better shape trying to follow the routines.

Keep reporting back. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 06:46:23 AM »

Update?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 01:15:03 PM »
Between Cedar Fever and the wife getting the flu it's been spotty. Doing it about 3 times a week which is trimming some bodyfat. It is a tough workout as expected. Haven't considered us officially started until she is back on her feet in a couple days

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 01:08:36 PM »
Update- We aren't doing the video's often enough to say we are doing the Insanity routine. About 2 times a week is all I'm managing. Lifting about 4 times a week, which is the norm. It's a good workout if you do it every other day. I consider my attempt at this point a fail.  :P

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 09:57:51 PM »
8 weeks of Rushfit should easily drop some fat off you in far less time.   My recommendation is to replace the Rushfit Fight Conditioning workout with the Tapout XT Muay Thai workout.  And do the Tapout XT cardio on Rushfit Cardio days.   The combination of those two programs is really good for shedding some fat very quickly without fucking up your joints like Insanity.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 12:05:33 PM »
I got great results from rushfit.    Great program.   Worth every cent 5 times over.