Author Topic: Is it the new Douchebag trend to not touch the chest in Bench Press?  (Read 19062 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Is it the new Douchebag trend to not touch the chest in Bench Press?
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2012, 08:00:11 AM »
These guys in coach's video have ZERO arch in the back, position is very unstable, shoulder blades aint together. Terrible bench press form.

Ursus posted best video so far.
Just for coach posting those embarrassing videos he lost all credibility with me, fuckman the second video hurts me just watching it, ouch, it is wrong on so many level.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2012, 08:01:16 AM »
lol...see reply #88. You actually think they train like that all the time? There is a purpose.
OK fine it was a try out but bro this thread is about form, those are the last videos I would ever post about form.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2012, 08:01:37 AM »
Coach do you agree that what is considered components of "classic bodybuilding training", ie. split, half squats, smith machine squats, "deadlift" without stopping on the floor or lack of squats and deads whatsoever and complete neglection of biomechanics, going for "muscle feel" produces weak, extremely prone to injury muscle-bound monsters we see today?

Yes. Thats a major contributor/

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2012, 08:02:54 AM »
OK fine it was a try out but bro this thread is about form, those are the last videos I would ever post about form.

Really? You have people on here trying to make the case for the first video.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2012, 08:03:59 AM »
The onus is on you.  Proving a negative is a senseless task of futility.
OK fine then I am Donny`s proof, A 500lb raw bencher right here bro and I do not train bench press so that the bar touches my chest, I have gotten way better results stopping two inches from my chest both in strength and hypertrophy. Donny is right.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2012, 08:05:04 AM »
Both videos, horrible, horrible, wow, coach serious? First of all the second video the guy is slamming the weight right into his sternum, and if he throws it up that fast and locks out he can very well bust his elbows, very dangerous, this guy is an injury waiting to happen.

As for the other guy in the first video, also horrible. Keep your feet flat on the floor, having your feet in tippy toe position can result in you pulling your calf muscle or a hamstring, very bad idea, wow.

The guy in the first video is me.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2012, 08:05:45 AM »
Really? You have people on here trying to make the case for the first video.
I pulled a ham back in the day on the bench press cause I was on my tippy toes, it is incorrect, feet must remain flat. Also I have had calves cramp up in that position.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2012, 08:06:23 AM »
The guy in the first video is me.
OH, lol,... strong as fuck though  ;)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2012, 08:06:38 AM »
These guys in coach's video have ZERO arch in the back, position is very unstable, shoulder blades aint together. Terrible bench press form.

Ursus posted best video so far.

Arch isn't allowed in combine testing.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2012, 08:16:04 AM »
According to Tate, my lift was damn near text book. Also, listen to what he says about bar speed (relating to my second video). Also, in both cases, our butts were down. Regardless, whether bodybuilding or powerlifting, bar touches the chest. As for athletes, they are taught powerlifting techniques.  

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2012, 08:28:17 AM »
OK fine then I am Donny`s proof, A 500lb raw bencher right here bro and I do not train bench press so that the bar touches my chest, I have gotten way better results stopping two inches from my chest both in strength and hypertrophy. Donny is right.
Theres gym pressing and contest pressing.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2012, 08:29:17 AM »
Arch isn't allowed in combine testing.

I would not fucking participate in an event where arch is not allowed. That's a fucking joke.

BTW I gladly admit that my bench sucks, 140kg @ 80kg and my bench press technique is far from flawless, I could add another 10kg if not 20 when I master it.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2012, 08:30:33 AM »

guaranty if you go down and touch with that 500lbs, you're not getting it back up.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2012, 08:33:27 AM »
guaranty if you go down and touch with that 500lbs, you're not getting it back up.
when I workout I do not touch my chest, I am talking 3 reps and up. When I do anything under 3 reps I hit my chest. That includes 515 that I have done all the way down touching my chest and back up and locking out

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2012, 08:44:42 AM »
 Do what works for you.

I hope this helps.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2012, 08:54:11 AM »
Do what works for you.

I hope this helps.

How do I know if it "works" and how do you define it? What if something works but is not safe for your joints?

See, world is complicated  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2012, 09:00:46 AM »
How do I know if it "works" and how do you define it? What if something works but is not safe for your joints?

See, world is complicated  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

The only way to find out what works for you  is  trying  a bunch of different  ways ... Trial and error ? Experiment ? you retarded piece of shit .

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2012, 09:19:59 AM »
The only way to find out what works for you  is  trying  a bunch of different  ways ... Trial and error ? Experiment ? you retarded piece of shit .

"STFU you stupid bitch FAGGOT no one cares."
!

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2012, 09:25:26 AM »

No.

Maybe you should go to university one day and learn why someone's personal experience is not that much valuable  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Oh wait, yeah, why bother, keep digging holes or whatever you do in life as a construction worker.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2012, 09:43:26 AM »
An arch when benching protects from injury and reduces ROM.

It is preferable UNLESS you are lifting your butt off the bench!

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2012, 10:17:18 AM »
According to Tate, my lift was damn near text book. Also, listen to what he says about bar speed (relating to my second video). Also, in both cases, our butts were down. Regardless, whether bodybuilding or powerlifting, bar touches the chest. As for athletes, they are taught power lifting techniques.  

Coach, you can not tell me that kid's butt was down on his presses.  About 6 presses in his ass started coming off the bench, if he were wearing tighter pants it would be easy to see but he was wearing baggy shorts. Still, any experienced lifter can see his ass was off the bench and he was putting himself in a more vulnerable position.  As far as I'm aware, cause I've done competitive bench tournaments and combine testing myself, in competitions your ass and feet have to be firmly planted.  I.E. you cannot be on our tippy toes.  In a combine when you are going for max reps, anything goes, ass can be off and feet don't have to remain flat on the ground.  With that being said I'm sure different organizations have different standards.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2012, 10:19:24 AM »
what do ppl think, is benching better for chest development or is flies more effective?

i think benching is overated for chest development, but its a great multi compound exercise, one of the best.

its really all moot points, the chest shape and development will be dictated by genetics in the first place.

seen guys who bench 440lbs with shit chests and seen guys who cant do a single with 220lbs and have phenomenal chests.

doesnt matter, if its shit its gonna be shit no matter what

basic exercises, add weight. if it doesnt happen it wont happen, dont bother.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2012, 10:53:02 AM »
Coach, you can not tell me that kid's butt was down on his presses.  About 6 presses in his ass started coming off the bench, if he were wearing tighter pants it would be easy to see but he was wearing baggy shorts. Still, any experienced lifter can see his ass was off the bench and he was putting himself in a more vulnerable position.  As far as I'm aware, cause I've done competitive bench tournaments and combine testing myself, in competitions your ass and feet have to be firmly planted.  I.E. you cannot be on our tippy toes.  In a combine when you are going for max reps, anything goes, ass can be off and feet don't have to remain flat on the ground.  With that being said I'm sure different organizations have different standards.

You're right, but I saw it was the last few reps where his ass came up.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2012, 11:07:50 AM »

deceiver

• Getbig IV