Author Topic: Will the human species ever become extinct?  (Read 12843 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Will the human species ever become extinct?
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2013, 10:52:24 AM »
Disease would never kill 100% of the population. The various plagues would like a word with you.
Never had a population as interconnected as we do now either.
And diseases are constantly evolving. Just because it hasn't happened to us before, doesn't mean that it wont happen. But thats besides the point.

Anything that could effect our food supply could kill us off.

Not that it matters, you have it in your head that Humanity has somehow bested nature because we can make tools, which simply is not the case.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2013, 10:54:55 AM »
There was a large asteroid scheduled to strike us sometime in the near future but NASA is confident now that it will miss.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2013, 10:57:47 AM »
please, all there needs to be is an incurable disease, that can wipe us out. Or widespread war, famine.
Or the poles melt, and the ocean levels rise, flooding costal cities---where most of humankind exists.
All types of earth changes can happen, and we can do nothing. It's been said that man has risen from the ashes before.
And let's not think "technology" can save us---without electricity to run them, and infrastructure to carry, create and disperse electricity and other goods, we are as good as gone. And combine that with the widespread drug addiction, you have total chaos.

I pick roaches over humans to survive anything.

yes but none of that will make us extinct. thin us out a bit, which may not be a bad idea actually

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2013, 11:01:10 AM »
please, all there needs to be is an incurable disease, that can wipe us out. Or widespread war, famine.
Or the poles melt, and the ocean levels rise, flooding costal cities---where most of humankind exists.
All types of earth changes can happen, and we can do nothing. It's been said that man has risen from the ashes before.
And let's not think "technology" can save us---without electricity to run them, and infrastructure to carry, create and disperse electricity and other goods, we are as good as gone. And combine that with the widespread drug addiction, you have total chaos.

Aids? Cancer? we have beat those.  Flooding won't kill everyone.  Man has lived without electricity before, and man has lived with total chaos before.  Anything but total annihilation of the earth, wouldn't kill us off.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2013, 11:01:46 AM »
It's not totally unreasonable that we'll eventually merge ourselves into computers and abandon our current physical form. We'll become nothing but information.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2013, 11:03:43 AM »
yes but none of that will make us extinct. thin us out a bit, which may not be a bad idea actually
Exactly Brad. Disease, famine, and war are designed to thin out a population. They are necessary evils.  Without diseases, the population would swell beyond control.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2013, 11:08:32 AM »
I think Homo-Sapiens have surpassed cockroaches as the toughest species on the planet.  The Earth would literally have to explode to kill everyone.  If we wait long enough, we will start to populate other planets.  Will the human species last forever?  Will we eventually go to another planet, and evolve into something else?  Is that part of the cycle we are witnessing today?  Was Mars a former Earth?

I suspect the world will shoot itself in its collective face eventually :)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2013, 11:41:23 AM »
Although mankind certainly ranks high, bacteria is unquestionably the most dominant life form on earth.

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2013, 11:44:04 AM »
would we fuck. we'd adapt.

unless something absolutely catastrophic happens, we aint going nowhere.

In a few years, give or take a million or so, the sun will go supernova and destroy everything and everyone on earth.

However we might have spread like a virus to other planets by then.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2013, 11:48:47 AM »
Aids? Cancer? we have beat those.  Flooding won't kill everyone.  Man has lived without electricity before, and man has lived with total chaos before.  Anything but total annihilation of the earth, wouldn't kill us off.
surely, you jest that we have Cancer beaten. And there are always new forms of viruses and bacteria forming each day, and those that have become resistant to medications.

I don't think that we will totally be wiped out, but there is always a chance that we can be severely decimated.
Has man lived without electricity, with this amount of population? With this amount of drug addiction, greed,  lack of leadership thru-out the world, and division? It's not just the electricity, it's a combination of things...there is no one thing that will get us.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2013, 11:50:32 AM »
In a few years, give or take a million or so, the sun will go supernova and destroy everything and everyone on earth.

However we might have spread like a virus to other planets by then.

i'd say that was a certainty by then.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2013, 12:26:11 PM »

I don't believe that disease will kill us all off. We already live deep underground. And I'd bet the house that there are clean rooms bigger than football fields down there in every 1st world country. Lets not forget what they are doing with nano technology these days.

MikMaq

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2013, 12:28:53 PM »
The logical fear, is that through gene modification we simply are enhanced until were no longer human.

This might seem like some wacky science fiction, but all you have to do is look at the nfl/mlb, these people are all modified humans, just not at the genetic level ....YET!!!
Oh shit dude must know what he is talking about, but yes ALIENS ASTERIODS AND LIZARD PEOPLE!!!

ukjeff

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2013, 01:21:39 PM »
Aids? Cancer? we have beat those.
Beaten Cancer?
When?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2013, 01:35:38 PM »
There are enough nuclear weapons to wipe out the US, Russia, China and all of Europe and Asia. Pockets of man will survive in Africa and maybe Australia.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2013, 01:44:07 PM »
There are enough nuclear weapons to wipe out the US, Russia, China and all of Europe and Asia. Pockets of man will survive in Africa and maybe Australia.
not for long

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2013, 02:14:17 PM »
not for long

They talk about the radiation life but look at the cities in Japan. They are completely rebuilt and populated.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2013, 02:15:12 PM »
As already mentioned, nothing lasts forever but I see the human race dying out long after we have populated other planets

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2013, 02:23:03 PM »
Just read a report about a town in Massachusetts that banned plastic water bottles. They claim its for landfill purposes but the fact is they want people to drink more tap water. I wonder what their putting in the tap water? I wouldn't drink there tap water if they paid me. This has depopulation agenda written all over it.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/metro-west/12009477141194/concord-bans-sale-of-plastic-water-bottles/

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2013, 02:24:22 PM »
The huge influx of homosex and penispuffers will eventually kill the species.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2013, 02:33:56 PM »
Billionaire is building 72 thousand sq. foot house in OZARK, MISSOURI. Whats interesting about the house is that its built on top of massive underground cities. Another interesting thing is that these cities are located in OZARK...Think Wizard of OZ meets Noah's Ark. This isn't a coincidence people. This massive fortress will be the meeting place of the elite bloodlines who will control the earth now and after their false flag Apocalypse. This shit is legit.

Pottsy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2013, 02:36:29 PM »
When the sun goes boom all that you know will be finished.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2013, 02:37:37 PM »
The huge influx of homosex and penispuffers will eventually kill the species.

That is a depopulation tactic for sure. It's being pushed in the media today.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2013, 02:47:16 PM »
Denver Colorado FEMA drill

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2013, 02:52:05 PM »