Author Topic: BIG ACH dieting down! Day 1 *UPDATED W/ PICS* 3/30/2015  (Read 25229 times)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
BIG ACH dieting down! Day 1 *UPDATED W/ PICS* 3/30/2015
« on: January 01, 2013, 03:25:33 PM »
At the risk of embarrassing myself here are some bad quality pics that I just took of my fat ass.  I threw in another duckface just for those of you who are spreading the hate.  Yeah I look like crap!  But that's why I'm doing this diet now!  Will try to take some better ones soon!

1/2/2013
236 lbs

Alright.... as I said a few weeks ago.  I'm gonna start leaning out some when the new year starts.  And this is exactly what is going to happen.  

I haven't really dieted down much when I'm not competing, but since I haven't competed in a few years, I think its about time.  I don't really have a set weight in mind, nor do I have a set time period for this dieting (which I guess is bad on both counts) I just want to get my love handles in check and my guess is that its gonna take 25-30 lbs for that to happen.  

This morning I weighed 236 lbs - which is fine... I've been on vacation eating like a fucking a pig and haven't worked out for 2 weeks, I needed some time off as I've been having some bad elbow pain from some heavy tricep work outs as well as a few other dings here and there.  But tomorrow I'm gonna get back into the swing of things.  I haven't measured my body fat yet but my guess is that its around 22-23%

I'm not so much worried about staying on my diet (although, I have yet to ever diet and not cheat at least once - but either way its never been catastrophic lol, I know what it takes for my body to get in shape - I've done it so many times in the past).  I'm more worried about losing muscle mass and not looking "big"  Thats always been the main reason of why I avoid dieting down, I just start to feel small, light, and puny!  So I guess I'm gonna try to lose weight slowly and steadily, in order to maintain or maybe even gain some muscle.

Believe it or not, I actually keep a rough estimate of my caloric intake in the off-season and its normally between 3500 - 4000 calories.  (obviously not counting Sundays when I order pizza and watch my Redskins kick ass).

But to get my butt in gear, I'm gonna start this diet at 2800 calories  (In the past when I competed, I would start my diet with 2500 calories but when I did that I was usually in a time crunch to be ready for a show, this time as I don't really have a set deadline, I'm gonna start a little higher and work my way down).  A few weeks in I may add in a fat burning supplements and possibly some test boosters (OTC  :P  )

Below are the foods I'll be eating day in and day out.  As the weeks go by, and depending on how my weight loss goes I will start to cut out some calories, usually 200-300 calories at a time, and usually I cut these calories out from carb sources.

I do cardio right after my work out, which is usually in the evening and the whole work out lasts about 2 hours.  The cardio will be 15-20 minutes of high intensity on the elliptical (using progressive resistance where I increase the resistance every minute and maintain or increase speed), I'll start with 3 times a week minimum (but usually I'll do more) and increase every few weeks.  On the weekends I may go out for a job or a walk around the neighborhood nothing too vicious.

I'll get some pictures up soon (until then, you guys can enjoy my duck face below), and I'll try to keep this thread pretty up to date every couples of weeks or so, discussing my progress, and sharing how things are going, whether I cheated or not and on what, etc.

So this is what I'll be eating, its kinda unorthodox but it works for me:

Meal 1   
5 Whole eggs
1 scoop syntrax (Protein shake)
1 scoop syntrax
Glucosamine
Multivitamins

Meal 2   
1 footlong Grilled Chicken sub with wheat bread

Meal 3   

Intra-WO   
4 Tea-Spoons CORE ABC (BCAA's)
5 g creatine

Meal 4
(PWO)   
1 scoop syntrax
1 scoop syntrax
1 bottle of gatorade performs (20 oz)
5 g creatine

Meal 5   
1 Chicken breast
1 bag Uncle Ben's Ready Rice

251 g protein, 310 g carbs, 61 g fat.  2800 Calories Total.

Feel free to post questions, comments, rejections, insults, whatever your heart desires!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: BIG ACH dieting down! Day 1
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 03:33:31 PM »
In b4 10 pages of insults. Good luck.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 03:33:36 PM »
Is the nose on the same diet?
X

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 03:36:46 PM »
Is the nose on the same diet?

Nose is starting on 12000 calories

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 03:42:19 PM »

I wonder if I will lose nose weight as I diet down ;D

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 03:47:22 PM »
That's a decent amount of food for a diet, shouldn't be too tough.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 03:48:09 PM »

Damn! Still a lot of calories. Guess it needs that much1  :o :o
X

the trainer

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 03:49:32 PM »
same as everybody else start the new year on a diet and by march returning to be the same old fat fuck.

True Amateur

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 03:50:46 PM »
Honestly dude, I didn't come to the Getbig forum to hold your hand while you start what you think is a "diet". Hint: your shit isn't together and your diet/workout regime is a list of things that probably won't happen.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 03:51:05 PM »
Also, epic duck face.
X

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 03:52:11 PM »
have you tried cutting gluten out of your diet? really helped me with my joints...

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 03:52:40 PM »
Good luck Big Ach.

Post the pics up and let's see the progress.

You're disciplined. I have no doubt you'll do it well.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 03:52:54 PM »
Good luck!

"1"

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 03:54:35 PM »
Arch , thanks for posting a realistic diet and approach. Good luck  and keep us updated on your progress

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2013, 03:56:01 PM »
Honestly dude, I didn't come to the Getbig forum to hold your hand while you start what you think is a "diet". Hint: your shit isn't together and your diet/workout regime is a list of things that probably won't happen.

Post up your pics stud. What with your national-level physique and PhD in nutrition, I'm sure there's a thing or two you could do to school us getbiggers. You're obviously well known around here as a resident expert.

True Amateur

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 04:06:59 PM »
Post up your pics stud. What with your national-level physique and PhD in nutrition, I'm sure there's a thing or two you could do to school us getbiggers. You're obviously well known around here as a resident expert.
Let's just say that after membership on over 50 chat forums, several of which I was a moderator, and a telephone chatline which I still proudly serve as a guest moderator from time to time (going back to 1992), you could say that I "wrote the book". I call 'em as I see 'em and I answer to nobody.

MichaelScottDM

• Getbig III
  • I did save a life today! My own!
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 04:13:01 PM »
Are those footlongs subway? If so, why not make the chicken yourself instead of eating the frozen processed garbage that they put in their subs?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 04:15:03 PM »
terrorist camp
A

bigjim

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 04:15:15 PM »
Let's just say that after membership on over 50 chat forums, several of which I was a moderator, and a telephone chatline which I still proudly serve as a guest moderator from time to time (going back to 1992), you could say that I "wrote the book". I call 'em as I see 'em and I answer to nobody.

Well fuck me if you were a moderator and gave advise on the phone you obviously know what youre talking about. You wrote the book wow you know your stuff.

Well heres some advise fuck off Mr. 50 forums.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 04:15:22 PM »
1. Do you plan to compete again? Do you see yourself competing into the later phases of your life, or will competition merely be a fixture of your youth, something you look back upon?

2. I recall you mentioning that you're in a graduate program of one sort or another. Does the dieting ever interfere with your studies in a notable (detrimental) way? How do you balance the cognitive demands of (presumably) intensive study with the often disruptive effects on mental function dieting brings?

3. Why don't you go to the darkside? Is it ethical concerns or just practical ones?

True Amateur

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 04:17:29 PM »
Well fuck me if you were a moderator and gave advise on the phone you obviously know what youre talking about. You wrote the book wow you know your stuff.

Well heres some advise fuck off Mr. 50 forums.
Resorting to profanity? Your jealousy of my accomplishments is clouding your judgement.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2013, 04:17:45 PM »
Alright.... as I said a few weeks ago.  I'm gonna start leaning out some when the new year starts.  And this is exactly what is going to happen.  

I haven't really dieted down much when I'm not competing, but since I haven't competed in a few years, I think its about time.  I don't really have a set weight in mind, nor do I have a set time period for this dieting (which I guess is bad on both counts) I just want to get my love handles in check and my guess is that its gonna take 25-30 lbs for that to happen.  

This morning I weighed 236 lbs - which is fine... I've been on vacation eating like a fucking a pig and haven't worked out for 2 weeks, I needed some time off as I've been having some bad elbow pain from some heavy tricep work outs as well as a few other dings here and there.  But tomorrow I'm gonna get back into the swing of things.  I haven't measured my body fat yet but my guess is that its around 22-23%

I'm not so much worried about staying on my diet (although, I have yet to ever diet and not cheat at least once - but either way its never been catastrophic lol, I know what it takes for my body to get in shape - I've done it so many times in the past).  I'm more worried about losing muscle mass and not looking "big"  Thats always been the main reason of why I avoid dieting down, I just start to feel small, light, and puny!  So I guess I'm gonna try to lose weight slowly and steadily, in order to maintain or maybe even gain some muscle.

Believe it or not, I actually keep a rough estimate of my caloric intake in the off-season and its normally between 3500 - 4000 calories.  (obviously not counting Sundays when I order pizza and watch my Redskins kick ass).

But to get my butt in gear, I'm gonna start this diet at 2800 calories  (In the past when I competed, I would start my diet with 2500 calories but when I did that I was usually in a time crunch to be ready for a show, this time as I don't really have a set deadline, I'm gonna start a little higher and work my way down).  A few weeks in I may add in a fat burning supplements and possibly some test boosters (OTC  :P  )

Below are the foods I'll be eating day in and day out.  As the weeks go by, and depending on how my weight loss goes I will start to cut out some calories, usually 200-300 calories at a time, and usually I cut these calories out from carb sources.

I do cardio right after my work out, which is usually in the evening and lasts about 2 hours.  The cardio will be 15-20 minutes of high intensity on the elliptical (using progressive resistance where I increase the resistance every minute and maintain or increase speed), I'll start with 3 times a week minimum (but usually I'll do more) and increase every few weeks.  On the weekends I may go out for a job or a walk around the neighborhood nothing too vicious.

I'll get some pictures up soon (until then, you guys can enjoy my duck face below), and I'll try to keep this thread pretty up to date every couples of weeks or so, discussing my progress, and sharing how things are going, whether I cheated or not and on what, etc.

So this is what I'll be eating, its kinda unorthodox but it works for me:

Meal 1   
5 Whole eggs
1 scoop syntrax (Protein shake)
1 scoop syntrax
Glucosamine
Multivitamins

Meal 2   

Meal 3   

Intra-WO   
4 Tea-Spoons CORE ABC (BCAA's)
5 g creatine

Meal 4
(PWO)   
1 scoop syntrax
1 scoop syntrax
1 bottle of gatorade performs (20 oz)
5 g creatine

Meal 5   
1 Chicken breast
1 bag Uncle Ben's Ready Rice

251 g protein, 310 g carbs, 61 g fat.  2800 Calories Total.

Feel free to post questions, comments, rejections, insults, whatever your heart desires!

Solid my friend.  You could most likely do 2800-2500 all the way and never have to change a thing depending on how long you want it to take (obviously longer, the higher the calories).

Also, don`t feel like you have to lock yourself into certain foods.  Just keep your caloric amount and fill it with foods you like, no limits!

I will be watching you, so don`t screw this up.  ;)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2013, 04:20:45 PM »
big ach you need that diet

1 scoop of cyrax
2 coop of cyrax

3 scoop of protinias

3 scoop cyrax

4 scoop scorpion

9 scoop wilson
A

bigjim

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2013, 04:22:22 PM »
Resorting to profanity? Your jealousy of my accomplishments is clouding your judgement.

Your accomplishments? with your busy schedual of 50 forums and phone call taking you wouldnt be able to hold down a job let alone work out.

True Amateur

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2013, 04:27:15 PM »
Your accomplishments? with your busy schedual of 50 forums and phone call taking you wouldnt be able to hold down a job let alone work out.

I have been a member of over 50 chat forums since the days of Compuserve. I also did a lot of work with a telephone chatline starting in 1992. (www.Thefreechatline.com). I've been on chat forums for everything from stamp collecting to ball room dancing. You don't even come close. Few do.