Author Topic: f  (Read 15666 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: I miss the Sopranos
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2013, 03:16:29 PM »
^^
Did the rapist meet a bad ending finally??

No.  End of story.  Same with the Russian - No.  He never came back.  And yes.  Ade really died.
:

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2013, 03:27:38 PM »
funny, I am at season 2, ep 2 right now again as we speak.

I think the show ended with those guys arresting Tony for Rico charges. I think if they do a movie it will start with Tony getting out of prison.
"

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2013, 05:04:48 PM »
I don't get why the ending was such a dissapointment? what did you want a scarface ending? do you understand the ending? I thought it was a perfect ending. I don't think there has been a better show then the sopranos. I think about breaking bad but I dont think the creator of breaking bad expected the success and some of the breaking bad episodes are just to unreal.  The first 2 season of breaking bad were great. Then you have OZ a great show but mainly for men . Not many women would watch oz to violent and brutal but I think oz is a brilliant show and is realistic. All the scams they run in the sopranos were based off of ral recent scams the mafia in NJ were running. The calling cards, the fake stocks,The sports betting, it is all realdeal shit. Made guys getting addicted to drugs and are a high risk to the organization. Even the whole Vito/johnny cakes shit was weird but I think some made guys are gay and might get caught at a homosexual bar and be banished. probably based on true story. The way the books are closed and you have to be very respected for them to open the books if at all. and the way they made christopher is exactly how they do it in real life. chris is also hexed throughout the whole show if you pick-up on all the little clues.

my problem with the ending was the ending being nonexistent

they didn't know what to do so they decided for the fans to just take it anyway they wanted to

in other words, they had no idea how to end it in case they decided to make a movie, 6 years later i'd say the movie isn't happening

that whole season AJ got so much air time, only to become the director of some B movie ???

it was a bullshit "ending" and the entire show was basically a cock tease

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2013, 05:06:37 PM »
My guess you didn't understand the ending it was one of the best maybe not most spectacular endings but very deep and you could see a lot of thought was put into the ending

yeah it's so "deep" to just fade to black suddenly

ok stark enlighten me and explain the ending since i didn't "understand"

E

E

whitewidow

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2013, 09:42:54 PM »
my problem with the ending was the ending being nonexistent

they didn't know what to do so they decided for the fans to just take it anyway they wanted to

in other words, they had no idea how to end it in case they decided to make a movie, 6 years later i'd say the movie isn't happening

that whole season AJ got so much air time, only to become the director of some B movie ???

it was a bullshit "ending" and the entire show was basically a cock tease

E

you have to realize the ending is just showing you how it is to be in tonys shoes.in that episode he finds out carlos son got busted with ecstasy and carlo was going to become states evidence. It just shows being a mob boss is a horrible life. Tony all along the whole series knows they are building a Rico case on him and with carlo turning states evidence it might not be too long before tony gets indicted unless tony has him clipped wich he now has to do wich is a pain in the ass.. It also shows you never know when the end is coming and who might be the last person you see before you get clipped or when the feds finally indict tony on the rico act! You see some kind of shadey characters come in the diner and yet they are probably just there to eat you never know if they could be the ones hired to kill you. It also shows family is "the most important thing" .

People expect some kind of scarface ending but yet people felt bad when things went to shit for tony montana and he died. It is hard to find a ending to make everybody happy. I think the Sopranos ended perfectly. There will never be a sopranos movie! david chase and james gandolfini are burnt out on the mob. David chase wrote about it in a recent magazine as he did just direct a new movie that had to do with rock n roll in the 60's. He was hanging out with steven van zandt and I know they are still good friends I believe steven is in the movie.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2013, 10:10:57 PM »
Broadwalk empire is a very good replacement has all the gangsters in it.

I agree with this.  Boardwalk may actually be a little better.  Both great shows.  Only four months until season 4 of Boardwalk starts.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2013, 11:17:10 PM »
I miss the Sopranos

How about a fine Mezzo?...Joyce DiDonato.

This is the very best rendition of this song/aria known to me.

Tony Soprano would have approved.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2013, 04:44:52 AM »
I liked the end.  It was dead on.

"Journey" lol.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2013, 11:54:00 AM »
The director of Pine Barrens was Steve Buscemi. My favourite actor. Great director too
MIRAGETROPIN

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2013, 11:56:04 AM »
This show was totally bipolar.  Some episodes were the best thing ever shown on TV, others were WTF!  I believe in the end he was a total getbigger.  Dillusional fucker who made up his life in his head but ultimately he was a nobody loser.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2013, 01:10:22 PM »
Watch the wire it's defiantly as good as sopranos l

I nearly pissed myself withe the whole viper gang thing hahah

Not even close, not even in the same league. Sopranos is superior in every way.
shotgun on the team

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2013, 02:14:49 PM »
RIVER MONSTER series is far more exiting than Tony & Co, Jeremy Wade make me jealous  >:(

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2013, 06:31:12 PM »
Mini series Criminal Justice coming to HBO. Just a little fix.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/criminal-justice-starring-james-gandolfini-greenlighted-at-hbo-as-limited-series/

Drama Criminal Justice, written by Richard Price directed by Oscar winner Steven Zaillian, and starring James Gandolfini, has been ordered by HBO as a seven-part limited series. The project, originally developed and piloted as a drama series, will now be retooled. The news comes three months after HBO passed on the pilot, which I hear has been garnering interest from other nets. Additionally, Gandolfini and Zaillian, after initially opting for an open-ended series, decided that a limited series would better serve the narrative.

Criminal Justice is a New York-set crime drama loosely inspired by the acclaimed 2008 BBC series of the same name created by Peter Moffat. Price is expected to write all episodes of the project, produced by HBO and BBC Worldwide Prods. I hear it stars Gandolfini as an ambulance-chasing New York City attorney who gets in over-his-head when he takes on the case of a Pakistani (Riz Ahmed) accused of murdering a girl on the Upper West Side. The series co-stars Bill Camp (Lincoln), Payman Maadi (A Separation), and Poorna Jagannathan. BBC Worldwide’s Jane Tranter is executive producing along with Zaillian, Price, Moffat, and Attaboy’s Gandolfini, Mark Armstrong and Nancy Sanders.  Film Rites’ Garrett Basch is producing. Additionally, Attaboy, which has an overall deal at HBO, has Big Dead Place in development at the network and recently set up movie Bone Wars starring Gandolfini Steve Carell at HBO Films.

Criminal Justice‘s pickup extends the big momentum limited series have enjoyed over the past few months. Today alone, Fox greenlighted two, 24: Live Another Day starring Kiefer Sutherland and M. Night Shyamalan’s Wayward Pines starring Matt Dillon.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2013, 06:39:14 PM »
Pauly would beat the shit out of everyone on that show.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2013, 12:30:04 AM »
too many recycled ideas tho

beating people with a phone

breaking someone teeth on the floor

etc

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2013, 07:22:36 AM »
i prefer breaking bad over sopranos just because it really goes into the shocking and gritty details of how dangerous and scary organized crime is. sopranos focused more on omerta and the drama of being a mafioso.
Don't like it better, but it is a great show! Sopranos was supremly entertainig and very funny! Didn't take itself too seriously!

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2013, 09:58:21 PM »

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2013, 04:00:26 AM »
Junior was my favourit in the show.

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2013, 09:03:14 AM »

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2013, 09:41:34 AM »
I always wanted Tony to tie up some of the loose ends....

Get rid of that whiny son of his.
Whack Dr. Melfi's rapist
Have the italian with the pony-tail (Furio?) bang out Carmela
Tony whack Meadow's boyfriend that dumped her because he felt he was too good for her
Have Tony kill Janice
Have Artie outed as a homo
Have Adrianna do a lesbo nude scene.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2013, 10:31:31 AM »
I'd rather he whacked Dr Melfi than her rapist. I found her an irritating character. I really enjoyed the series he gave up therapy and she was hardly in the show.
O

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2013, 12:31:36 PM »
you mean the mulinyan

There was one that was from California and she met the parents. His dad was a lawyer or film producer or some shit and they thought Meadow and the family were Jersey trash. The kid dumped her and went back to CA.

They should have sent Furio and Paulie to CA to visit him.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2013, 12:39:19 PM »
oh man classic

he tried but eventually the fag uncorked her

god damn you halo...  ;D

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2013, 01:18:12 PM »

haha, pauly's face when looking at chris and laughing.  ;D

always thought the killing of the waiter was fucking ridiculous though. what! so you can just off a waiter and expect absolutely no comeback at all ??  ::)

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2013, 04:36:15 PM »
he should have sent one of vito spatafore top gays to return the uncorking favor with an added "gift"

Would have been an episode for the ages.

Paulie and Vito in California together.

;D