Author Topic: The "OBAMA IS AWESOME" topic (haters not welcome)  (Read 10282 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: The "OBAMA IS AWESOME" topic (haters not welcome)
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2013, 07:52:06 AM »
Who do you think was the best?

The  best President of all time? I'd probably say it's down to Washington, Lincoln, FDR, or Jefferson (For the Louisiana purchase alone).

if you look at his list of achievements for just one term, they are pretty awesome...it all gets lost because he doesn't tout himself and because people try to destroy him because of his race

Has he done things he wanted to do? Yes... no doubt... Of which some I get, but if you don't see the renewal of the Patriot act, the signing of the Defense Spending Bill, and him now using these killing to further and anti-second amendment bill, because that's really what it is you know... ANTI-CONSTITUTION.

So on those marks, I put him much further down the list than some of the GREATEST Presidents that tried to expand freedom and provide liberty for their constituents.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2013, 07:56:27 AM »
The  best President of all time? I'd probably say it's down to Washington, Lincoln, FDR, or Jefferson (For the Louisiana purchase alone).

Has he done things he wanted to do? Yes... no doubt... Of which some I get, but if you don't see the renewal of the Patriot act, the signing of the Defense Spending Bill, and him now using these killing to further and anti-second amendment bill, because that's really what it is you know... ANTI-CONSTITUTION.

So on those marks, I put him much further down the list than some of the GREATEST Presidents that tried to expand freedom and provide liberty for their constituents.

I was only kidding when I said he as the best president of all time.....but he has been a much more solid president than people give him credit for...you make some good points though....except when it comes to the constitution part.....no document is so sacred that it can't be altered if need be.....there are many amendments to the constitution

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2013, 07:58:24 AM »

I was only kidding when I said he as the best president of all time.....but he has been a much more solid president than people give him credit for...you make some good points though....except when it comes to the constitution part.....no document is so sacred that it can't be altered if need be.....there are many amendments to the constitution

There are, but there are no amendments that state so plainly, "Shall not be infringed" as the second amendment... As you are well aware, the amendment is there to protect us from the tyranny of those in power... That is a paramount right of the people of this country.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2013, 08:13:29 AM »
Obama survived the LANDSLIDE, the Redskin Rule and the Mayan End of the World.

And gave unemployed lonely shut ins something to do with their lives for the next four years.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2013, 08:58:33 AM »

And gave unemployed lonely shut ins something to do with their lives for the next four years.

Which, in turn, solidifies your whole existence here for another term as well.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2013, 08:59:52 AM »
it all gets lost because he doesn't tout himself and because people try to destroy him because of his race

You're hilarious andre.  Don't change.
Y

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2013, 09:05:40 AM »

Please pick one and tell me why.

G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2013, 09:06:56 AM »

NDAA

ObamaCare

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2013, 09:08:35 AM »
NDAA

ObamaCare

No, I meant what president do you think was the best and why.

I'm interested to hear from you on the the topic as well.

G

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2013, 09:09:32 AM »

Haha... Dude... Are you kidding me... One freed slaves... One bought 4/5 of the US... One provided the greatest economic boost during a war ever... One was only a commander in chief of the armed forces that created this great nation.

On any level has Obama done ANYTHING even REMOTELY as great?

Uh... no.

So now you're trolling right?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2013, 09:10:38 AM »
No, I meant what president do you think was the best and why.

I'm interested to hear from you on the the topic as well.

Washington - because when they begged him to take the role as King - he said no - and helped establish this nation as one of laws not of hereditary power.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2013, 09:12:08 AM »
Haha... Dude... Are you kidding me... One freed slaves... One bought 4/5 of the US... One provided the greatest economic boost during a war ever... One was only a commander in chief of the armed forces that created this great nation.

On any level has Obama done ANYTHING even REMOTELY as great?

Uh... no.

So now you're trolling right?
No, not at all. I don't think Obama was the greatest ever. I hope I didn't imply that.

My favorite is Lincoln because he held the union together through hell.

Not trolling at all.

G

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2013, 09:39:01 AM »
Washington - because when they begged him to take the role as King - he said no - and helped establish this nation as one of laws not of hereditary power.

I think the first President was the greatest considering everything he was up against. And no... I'm not referring to Washington, he wasn't the first. And only because Obama's stint is not yet over. He really can' be compared to previous Prez'z. Only a historic perspective with 20/20 hindsight can effectively determine his performance.
w

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2013, 09:51:12 AM »
Which, in turn, solidifies your whole existence here for another term as well.

Yours as well. Someone has to run the Fan Boy Club for the little liar.  Nice going "champ".

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2013, 09:53:13 AM »
Yeah, he is awesome:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Employers kept their pace of hiring virtually steady in December, falling short of the levels needed to bring down the country's lofty unemployment rate and pointing to lackluster economic growth in 2013.

The jobless rate was steady at 7.8 percent. The report reinforces expectations of 2 percent economic growth this year, which is unlikely to quickly bring down the unemployment rate.

It is also unlikely to make the U.S. Federal Reserve rethink its easy-money policies anytime soon despite growing unease by some policymakers over a bond-buying program.

"The U.S. economy is just muddling through," said Tom di Galoma, managing director at Navigate Advisors in Stamford, Connecticut.

The Labor Department raised its estimate for the unemployment rate in November by a tenth of a point to 7.8 percent, citing a slight change in the labor market's seasonal swings.

Most economists expect the U.S. economy will be held back by tax hikes this year as well as by weak spending by households and businesses, which are still trying to reduce their debt burdens.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hiring-seen-edging-recovery-grinds-050157659.html

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2013, 09:54:41 AM »
He is creating the environment for a great economy. Just awesome.

Unemployment Rises for Women, African-Americans in December
By Matt Cover
January 4, 2013
Subscribe to Matt Cover's posts

(CNSNews.com) – Government unemployment numbers for December showed that while the general unemployment rate remained flat at 7.8 percent, unemployment for women and African-Americans rose despite an economy that created 155,000 jobs.

Unemployment for women rose to 7.3 percent in December from 7.0 percent while the rate for African-Americans rose sharply to 14.0 percent from 13.2 percent in November.

Unemployment among African Americans has remained quite high throughout the sluggish economic recovery of the past several years, despite the steady decline in overall unemployment in the economy generally.

The number of employed African Americans actually fell in December – a month that typically sees a spike in job creation as employers add temporary positions to handle the holiday shopping season.

The number of employed African Americans fell from nearly 16 million to 15.8 million in December.

By contrast, the unemployment rate for Whites remained nearly a full point below the national average at 6.9 percent in December.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/unemployment-rises-women-african-americans-december

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2013, 09:58:01 AM »
http://washingtonexaminer.com/youth-unemployment-11.5-percent-22.1-percent-for-young-blacks/article/2517561#.UObtkG_AexV

Youth unemployment 11.5 percent, 22.1 percent for young blacks

The dismal jobs situation in America is even worse for young adults, who are suffering an unemployment rate 30 percent higher than the national average of 7.8 announced by Washington Friday.

According to Generation Opportunity, which charts unemployment for Millennials aged 18-29, the rate is 11.5 percent and a shocking 22.1 percent for younger black Americans.

Here's their release just received by Secrets:

December's Millennial Jobs Report: Youth Unemployment at 11.5 Percent

Washington, DC - (1/4/13) - Generation Opportunity, a national, non-partisan organization advocating for Millennials ages 18-29, is announcing its Millennial Jobs Report for December 2012. The data is non-seasonally adjusted (NSA) and is specific to 18-29 year olds:

The overall unemployment rate for 18-29 year olds for December 2012 is 11.5 percent (NSA).

The unemployment rate for 18-29 year old African-Americans for December 2012 is 22.1 percent (NSA); the unemployment rate for 18-29 year old Hispanics for December 2012 is 12.2 percent (NSA); and the unemployment rate for 18-29 year old women for December 2012 is 10.4 percent (NSA).

The declining labor force participation rate has created an additional 1.7 million young adults that are not counted as "unemployed" by the U.S. Department of Labor because they are not in the labor force, meaning that those young people have given up looking for work due to the lack of jobs.

If the labor force participation rate were factored into the 18-29 unemployment calculations, the actual Millennial unemployment rate would rise to 16.3 percent (NSA).

"As Washington argues over short-term fixes, Millennials are wondering why their elected leaders continue to ignore critical issues such as unprecedented youth unemployment as well as the larger concern of addressing the nation's underlying fiscal challenges," said Matthew Faraci, senior vice president for communications at Generation Opportunity and a former U.S. Labor Department spokesperson.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2013, 10:00:24 AM »
Lincolnton Furniture Company, praised for bringing jobs back to US, closes

By Cameron Steele

The Charlotte Observer

Lincolnton Furniture Company closed abruptly Thursday just one year after it was hailed by President Barack Obama as an example of the recovering U.S. economy.

Furniture-making operations stopped indefinitely and only a few people will remain employed moving forward, company financial officer Ben Causey said.

“I don’t know where it’s going to go exactly; we’re still evaluating our situation,” Causey said. “We just didn’t have any choice at this point.”

The company was not receiving the orders it needed to sustain its operations, Causey said.

“We needed more orders is really what it boiled down to,” he said. “We thought they would materialize.”

Owner Bruce Cochrane, a fifth generation furniture-manufacturer, formed the company in 2011 with a $5 million investment and the hope he could make a profit off people who wanted to buy furniture made in America.

It was a move that caught the attention of North Carolina officials and those in the White House. Last year, Cochrane sat with the first lady during Obama’s 2012 State of the Union Address. He also joined the president and other business leaders in a discussion about how to create more jobs at home.

Attempts late Thursday to reach Cochrane were unsuccessful. Causey said company officials were thankful for the support they received from the community over the past year-and-a-half.

Jerry Cochrane, Bruce Cochrane’s uncle and former Lincoln County Commissioner, learned about the company’s closing Thursday.

“I was surprised that they stopped the operation this quickly,” he said. “But starting a furniture business now is very difficult in this country.”

Last week, the Gaston Gazette recognized Bruce Cochrane as one of its “persons of the year” in 2012 for starting the furniture-manufacturing in his hometown.

“Everybody was rooting for us and wanted us to succeed,” Causey said.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/04/3167317/lincolnton-furniture-company-praised.html#storylink=cpy

Armani

• Getbig II
  • 161 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2013, 10:10:23 AM »
I love obama ...good guy..not the best president but an amazing personality...

Some good points in this post but this one got my ire.  Have you ever heard how many times in a speech this narcissist says "I" or "Me?"  The same narcissist who gave the Queen of England an IPod as a gift generously loaded with ... want to take a guess? photos from Obama's inauguration and audio of his inauguration address!  He is an awful person only to be outdone by his more awful and vile wife.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2013, 10:11:29 AM »
Some good points in this post but this one got my ire.  Have you ever heard how many times in a speech this narcissist says "I" or "Me?"  The same narcissist who gave the Queen of England an IPod as a gift generously loaded with ... want to take a guess? photos from Obama's inauguration and audio of his inauguration address!  He is an awful person only to be outdone by his more awful and vile wife.
Good point.

An American president should never use the first person pronouns.

G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2013, 10:14:14 AM »
Good point.

Armani

• Getbig II
  • 161 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2013, 10:43:18 AM »
Good point.

The use of them is not the problem.  It is the extensive, repeated narcisssistic focus on them which is the problem.  That's why the NAVY Seals hated the guy for being a blowhard and taking all the credit for the bin Laden killing.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2013, 04:36:06 PM »
if you look at his list of achievements for just one term, they are pretty awesome...it all gets lost because he doesn't tout himself and because people try to destroy him because of his race

You're correct, he's achieved a great deal.  He's racked up more debt and eroded civil liberties to a much greater extent than anyone that preceded him. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2013, 05:00:40 PM »
You're correct, he's achieved a great deal.  He's racked up more debt and eroded civil liberties to a much greater extent than anyone that preceded him. 

Unfortunate fact.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2013, 06:17:01 PM »
I'd vote for FDR.