Author Topic: Shortened penis following prostate cancer treatment  (Read 8739 times)

snx

• Getbig IV
Re: Shortened penis following prostate cancer treatment
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2013, 03:16:36 PM »
Whenever I see guys in their 50's and 60's using steroids I just shake my head. I guess they take the attitude it's a risk they are willing to take with their prostate. Just like smokers that say they know some 80 year old that smoked their whole life. Increasing the risk doesn't bother them.

I have to ask, with due respect to your situation.

What's your opinion of testosterone replacement (read: NOT abuse...just 250mg/week) in men past 30? I'm thinking of toning it all back and just cruising for the rest of my life on 250mg a week. I know the doc/blood tests will probably be the telling truth, but would like your opinion, if you'd care to share it. Prostate cancer doesn't run in the family, but I'm going for my first check later this year (mid 30's...pushed for an early exam check and blood tests...I'm not going to die of prostate cancer if I can help it). Plus, the wife is nagging like crazy to get it done.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2013, 03:27:36 PM »

What's your opinion of testosterone replacement (read: NOT abuse...just 250mg/week) in men past 30? I'm thinking of toning it all back and just cruising for the rest of my life on 250mg a week. I know the doc/blood tests will probably be the telling truth, but would like your opinion, if you'd care to share it. Prostate cancer doesn't run in the family, but I'm going for my first check later this year (mid 30's...pushed for an early exam check and blood tests...I'm not going to die of prostate cancer if I can help it). Plus, the wife is nagging like crazy to get it done.

250mg/week is not replacement, it's far from it. 75mg twice a week will give you like 1000ng/dl-1100ng/dl levels. 125mg twice a week is like 1600-1700 which is above what is considered healthy (1500ng/dl) by NHI.

Most doctors will want you to have like 800ng/dl because it's high "normal" range. It is obviously stupid, "normal" range is statistical term, it's got nothing to do with what is healthy.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2013, 03:36:48 PM »

I'm not a doctor. I don't understand how you could be low natural testosterone if you're in your mid 30's unless you have been running big cycles of anabolic steroids. Believe it or not in your mid 30's you should be close to your prime. If you are low from using steroids give yourself 6 months to get back on track once you stopped. Unless you were doing some crazy stuff I would assume your testicles should be working normal or close to normal again with time. The best person to consult would be a urologist I would think. Tell him you were taking bodybuilding steroids and your concerned that you won't get back to normal natural testosterone levels. He might say give it time or he might give you a script for a lab to see if your low. Then he would prescribe shots or gel. Normal testosterone levels doesn't increase the risk it's the crazy drug level amount bodybuilders take.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2013, 03:42:26 PM »
I'm not a doctor. I don't understand how you could be low natural testosterone if you're in your mid 30's unless you have been running big cycles of anabolic steroids. Believe it or not in your mid 30's you should be close to your prime. If you are low from using steroids give yourself 6 months to get back on track once you stopped. Unless you were doing some crazy stuff I would assume your testicles should be working normal or close to normal again with time. The best person to consult would be a urologist I would think. Tell him you were taking bodybuilding steroids and your concerned that you won't get back to normal natural testosterone levels. He might say give it time or he might give you a script for a lab to see if your low. Then he would prescribe shots or gel. Normal testosterone levels doesn't increase the risk it's the crazy drug level amount bodybuilders take.

Obviously you're not a doctor.

You can have low testosterone at any age, same goes for any disease. It's less likely, but not impossible.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2013, 03:56:18 PM »

You can have low testosterone at any age, same goes for any disease. It's less likely, but not impossible.

I agree

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2013, 04:00:50 PM »

Go fuck yourself deceiver.  The overwhelming majority of men with low testosterone are older.That is men that haven't been using steroids.  Most men with prostate problems are older. It's both statistical fact. Prostate disease  and low testosterone for the most part increases greatly with age in non steroid using men. That's why the National Cancer Institute recommends starting PSA screening for prostate at age 50 unless you at a higher risk.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2013, 06:20:19 PM »
Go fuck yourself deceiver.  The overwhelming majority of men with low testosterone are older.That is men that haven't been using steroids.  Most men with prostate problems are older. It's both statistical fact. Prostate disease  and low testosterone for the most part increases greatly with age in non steroid using men. That's why the National Cancer Institute recommends starting PSA screening for prostate at age 50 unless you at a higher risk.

With the rising rate of men in their 40's getting prostate cancer they have lowered their recommendation to 40 recently. Like I have mentioned earlier, 20% of the men with prostate cancer ad normal PSA levels. Including myself.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2013, 11:02:07 PM »
No problem. First off was the PSA blood test. Mine tested NORMAL. 20% of men with advanced stages of prostate cancer test normal on the PSA blood test. So please do not trust that alone. Next came the digital exam. Not pleasant at all for my virgin ass. He felt the tumor right away. I came back for 2 tests. First was the camera scope through the eye of the penis to check the kidneys, very, very unpleasant. Then they run this big probe, around 1" around into your ass. Needles come out and stick the prostate and administer a deadner into the prostate. Then out of the same probe these little claws come out and pull away samples of your prostate. I had 8 samples removed and every one of them contained cancer. I can tell you that it hurts like hell when that probe goes in, really hurts when those needles stick you multiple times, and it does not deaden it because it was terrible pain each time a sample was pulled away. I remember looking at my wife and she was crying because she could see the pain and the effect these tests were having on me.
Results of the test was my prostate was saturated with cancer. Please take one thing away from this. Do not trust the PSA test alone, get the digital exam. If my urologist wouldn't have done that then I would not be here.

I know she's your wife dude but why have her in the room to witness that?>??..however good job with providing us with this info....I now know that I can't trust the PSA

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2013, 11:11:53 PM »

So your saying high test=prostate problems?

then what if one takes a trt dose of test but takes 1-2gs of somthing like EQ,Tren or deca? same thing?

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2013, 02:52:35 PM »
I know she's your wife dude but why have her in the room to witness that?>??..however good job with providing us with this info....I now know that I can't trust the PSA

She was there to support me. I told her not to come in but there was no stopping her. Just like there would e no stopping me to be there for her.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2013, 03:01:42 PM »
With the rising rate of men in their 40's getting prostate cancer they have lowered their recommendation to 40 recently. Like I have mentioned earlier, 20% of the men with prostate cancer ad normal PSA levels. Including myself.

scary...

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2013, 03:03:16 PM »
So your saying high test=prostate problems?

then what if one takes a trt dose of test but takes 1-2gs of somthing like EQ,Tren or deca? same thing?

That's very interesting. You'd think 250mgs of decca/week would have a very different effect on the prostate than 250mgs of test. At least the biochemistry of the drug alone would dictate as much. Not sure if that's something you'd want to test after prostate cancer scare, but it would seem to make sense.

Plus, let's be honest. If you have problems getting it up after prostate cancer surgery or finding your sex drive, decca is certainly not going to help that situation!  ;D

But, it could help you hold onto some muscle if they put you on anti-androgen drugs.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2013, 03:03:36 PM »
will, maybe they would prefer the doctor put back the cancer. ::)
A

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2013, 03:22:15 PM »
will, maybe they would prefer the doctor put back the cancer. ::)

I asked mine to put it back but he said he already threw it in the trash can. But seriously, there were many days mostly during the first year of recovery that I told my wife I wish I would have left it in. The recovery sucks that bad. But luckily for me things started turning around and got better by the end of the second year. I know that sounds really stupid to say that but god forbid you ever go through it you will think the same thing.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2013, 03:31:31 PM »
Something I haven't mentioned is for a month after the surgery you have a catheter in. Then you get it out and you are in full Depends for several months. Then you graduate to the Depends Guards, which is like a pad. I was finally able to not use anything after 2 years of that. Most men have to permanently wear those. Think how unmanly you feel having to wear a diaper or pad and change it almost hourly.
I hope this scares everyone to have PSA tests and digital exams at 40, and earlier if you juice. No, it is no fun having a finger up your ass but it sure beats what I went through.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2013, 03:33:01 PM »
  Sorry gymrat   :(

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2013, 03:34:25 PM »
Something I haven't mentioned is for a month after the surgery you have a catheter in. Then you get it out and you are in full Depends for several months. Then you graduate to the Depends Guards, which is like a pad. I was finally able to not use anything after 2 years of that. Most men have to permanently wear those. Think how unmanly you feel having to wear a diaper or pad and change it almost hourly.
I hope this scares everyone to have PSA tests and digital exams at 40, and earlier if you juice. No, it is no fun having a finger up your ass but it sure beats what I went through.

i might stick my finger up my ass right now just to be sure...

just kidding

no homo

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2013, 03:39:51 PM »
  Sorry gymrat   :(

Thank you very much but I am good. I am able to bang my wife anytime we want to and I don't sit around and piss my pants anymore. That is, unless I sneeze nd I have to piss or trip over something. Thenit will cripple a little. But I can deal with that. I don't know how old you are but never forget what you read here. And tell your fathers and uncles and so on. I was one of those guys that thought I was such a bad ass that nothing could get to me. This fucking cancer turns you into a diaper wearing, limp dick, depressed son of a bitch. Remember that my friends.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2013, 03:41:07 PM »
  Will do.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2013, 03:41:24 PM »

i might stick my finger up my ass right now just to be sure...

just kidding

no homo

We need pics if you do. Before you do pull you nail off 1/2 way so it will hook a hunk of shit like a dew claw.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2013, 03:41:31 PM »
i do sport a mo every year with pride