Author Topic: did your quality of life improve after taking up christianity?  (Read 1695 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
did your quality of life improve after taking up christianity?
« on: January 05, 2013, 12:51:54 PM »
did you get richer, healthier, happier?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: did your quality of life improve after taking up christianity?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 02:14:03 PM »
Richer, no.
Healthier, no.
Happier, yes!

I've certainly had prayers answered and have no doubts about my salvation in Christ.  I personally have been blessed in many, many ways, but those blessings wouldn't translate into what the world considers "health and wealth".  Over the course of the last couple of years I've almost died once, almost lost my job twice, witnessed the financial collapse of several family members, my parents lost their home, I spent 2011 Christmas in the ER, seen advancement in my career, watched my wife struggle in her work, taken my 2 year old daughter to the ER and today I'm nursing a toothache LOL!  All sorts of ups and downs, but I want for nothing and the Lord has always provided.  It's during those moments of trial and tribulation that I now recognize an opportunity to draw closer to Christ.  I've waited on the Lord and he's never failed to answer.  

In this life we really have one key decision to make and that's to accept or reject Jesus Christ.  I accept him wholeheartedly and my life has never been better.  God simply blesses each of our lives in different ways, but for believers his blessing and gift of salvation is the same for all.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 09:19:49 PM »

No.  I will not lie.  I am not richer in the sense of wealth.  I am no healthier but then again, neither am I less so.  Happier?  Some days yes, some days, no.

That is the way of things.  The change is not always visible on the outside, but when the outside shines it is more than likely due to what fills the heart and soul. 

Love.  Pure agape' love.  It is not always present but when it is, it is wonderful.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 03:55:19 PM »

Did my quality of life improve after accepting Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior?  Definitely, though one can improve quality of life with or without Christianity.

Did I get richer?  Definitely, spiritually, mentally, emotionally, etc.

Did I get richer materially?  Maybe, maybe not.  That's personal.  But one can get richer materially with or without Christianity.

Did I get healthier?  Definitely, though one can get healthier with or without Christianity.

Did I get happier?  It depends on how you define happiness.  Happiness can come and go depending on circumstances.  But I did permanently obtain hope, peace, contentment, and joy even in the hard times, and of course I obtained eternal life in Jesus Christ.