Author Topic: Mom protecting children shoots intruder 5 times, MSNBC calls her "trigger happy"  (Read 22829 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
tbombz it's downright sinful to be judging that woman's actions.  you should be ashamed of yourself.  and the sad thing is all because of your allegiance to a fucking political party.   

if someone breaks into your home with a crowbar, you're an IDIOT if you DON'T assume that they're there to hurt you. if have a wife and two little boys.  6 and 2.  you keep shooting!  until there is no question that he can't hurt my little boys.  NO QUESTION.  what if he had a gun too?

ask any cop.  my family is chock full of them.  it's only in the movies where you shoot someone and they drop like a sack of potatoes. 

Why couldnt she fire a warning shot or just aim for his little toe?   ;D

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
when you break into someones house all bets are off,you deserve what they give you

and i'm not a far right nutjob

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.

Why couldnt she fire a warning shot or just aim for his little toe?   ;D

Don't be ridiculous...
She should have shot him in the leg, taking care to aim towards the lateral aspect so as to avoid hitting his femoral artery.

Perfectly reasonable strategy under those conditions.

Montague

• Getbig V
and i'm not a far right nutjob

No, you're just using sensible reasoning, which all but one person is this thread is doing.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
tbombz it's downright sinful to be judging that woman's actions.  you should be ashamed of yourself.  and the sad thing is all because of your allegiance to a fucking political party.  

if someone breaks into your home with a crowbar, you're an IDIOT if you DON'T assume that they're there to hurt you. if have a wife and two little boys.  6 and 2.  you keep shooting!  until there is no question that he can't hurt my little boys.  NO QUESTION.  what if he had a gun too?

ask any cop.  my family is chock full of them.  it's only in the movies where you shoot someone and they drop like a sack of potatoes.  

Tbombz strategy would be to turtle up and let the intruder give him a "deep tissue massage" until the intruder passes out from exhaustion, allowing T to flee to safety while the home invader remains alive and unharmed.
A

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
Even with the guy on the floor, leaving for safety would require faith that he would not arise to overtake her or her children on their way out.  Simple.  And the truth is that she didn't shoot him enough times to have adequate faith, as he was still alive, and ended up running out of the house shortly after.

It comes down to the fact that a person rarely survives a series of gunshots, and that's what makes it such a freak show.  The considerations remain the same, and this guy is probably thanking God that he lived to find a new hobby.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150

i fail to see your point...

per the police: "if someone breaks into your house you are allowed to use deadly force"

i do not agree... and that's definitely not legal in canada... but it is there law in her jurisdiction

legally she was within her rights
legality and morality are not the same thing.

No there is not such a thing as being overzealous in self defense, especially where kids are involed. ::) I don't know what fantasy land you live in, but....

Anywone who has an indruder coming at them in their own home should be totally within their right to terminate that threat if they have the means available to do so.

Anywone who thinks that's wrong if out of their freaking mind.  
i never said she should not have shot the guy.  yes, you can be overzealous in self defense.  if someone slaps you in the face, putting a bullet between their eyes in response is overzealous.  response should only be as forceful as necessary. anything more than necessary is overzealous.

no shooting is going to be pretty.  there's going to be a lot of "honey don't move, i'm gonna finish him off" that people get away with all the time.   Sucks for the bad guy and is unnecessary in some cases, but yeahhhh it's gonna happen.  We hear it here, and "shoot him again honey" against a begging crying intruder... sucks to hear, but it's not gonna change.
exactly, and it can change. no reason for people to be so fucking comfortable with violence. even if a guy intrudes your house , go ahead and shoot him if you feel necessary. but shotting him again and again once youve already downed him.. just unnecessary.

tbombz it's downright sinful to be judging that woman's actions.  you should be ashamed of yourself.  and the sad thing is all because of your allegiance to a fucking political party.  

if someone breaks into your home with a crowbar, you're an IDIOT if you DON'T assume that they're there to hurt you. if have a wife and two little boys.  6 and 2.  you keep shooting!  until there is no question that he can't hurt my little boys.  NO QUESTION.  what if he had a gun too?

ask any cop.  my family is chock full of them.  it's only in the movies where you shoot someone and they drop like a sack of potatoes.  
she kept shotting after he had already hit the ground.  that is a "fact". who said im judging her? are you not judging the guy who got shot?  :) as for allegiance to a political party.. lmao.. im an anarchist ..   go ahead and ask me if i support tougher gun laws..   ;)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Tbombz, he had enough vigor left in him to flee the house after being shot five times.  He was probably still moving while she was shooting him, attempting to get up. Don't you think this woman would have still perceived him as a threat? In her mind the worse thing that could happen is for him to get up.  And, please link to an article where it says she shot him while he was on the ground.  I can't seem to find an article that references that.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
there's a huge gray area in the middle there.   very huge.  at some point between dude standing over you with knife, and dude twitching on floor being delivered the coup de grace headshot to finish him off lol....

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
there's a huge gray area in the middle there.   very huge.  at some point between dude standing over you with knife, and dude twitching on floor being delivered the coup de grace headshot to finish him off lol....

But he wasn't laying there motionless.  He was probably scrambling to get to his feet.  He had enough energy to high tail it out of the house.
A

Montague

• Getbig V
tbombz it's downright sinful to be judging that woman's actions.  you should be ashamed of yourself.

who said im judging her? are you not judging the guy who got shot?

Yeah, bears...
Quit judging the nice robber/intruder/criminal.
It's enough he already "got the short end of the stick" all because of the "bitch who should have answered the door" in the first place.

Honestly, it is wrong to judge him without giving him the benefit of the doubt. People who break into your house might have good intentions.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
But he wasn't laying there motionless.  He was probably scrambling to get to his feet.  He had enough energy to high tail it out of the house.

180 always takes the side of criminal 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
whatever. dude is trying to run away, or laying there motionless. in either situation he no longer poses a threat.

Yeah, bears...
Quit judging the nice robber/intruder/criminal.
It's enough he already "got the short end of the stick" all because of the "bitch who should have answered the door" in the first place.

Honestly, it is wrong to judge him without giving him the benefit of the doubt. People who break into your house might have good intentions.
i take it your probably  a pperson who believes in the bible.. here you go.. "judge not lest ye be judged" .. "if someone strike syou on your left cheek, turn to them the other as well"..  ;)   so much for your moral high ground huh  :)

Montague

• Getbig V
i take it your probably  a pperson who believes in the bible.. here you go.. "judge not lest ye be judged" .. "if someone strike syou on your left cheek, turn to them the other as well"..  ;)   so much for your moral high ground huh  :)

And, how did you arrive at that conclusion?
Regardless, since YOU are the one to start quoting biblical references, here's another: "Thou shall not steal."

I see that you conveniently did not mention that one.

Montague

• Getbig V
Tbombz, he had enough vigor left in him to flee the house after being shot five times.  He was probably still moving while she was shooting him, attempting to get up. Don't you think this woman would have still perceived him as a threat? In her mind the worse thing that could happen is for him to get up.  And, please link to an article where it says she shot him while he was on the ground.  I can't seem to find an article that references that.

BUMP.

We need to hold him to completely addressing one matter before pointing out the falacies of others, or allowing him to deflect.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo

BUMP.

We need to hold him to completely addressing one matter before pointing out the falacies of others, or allowing him to deflect.

He did answer.  He said, "whatever."
A

Montague

• Getbig V
He did answer.  He said, "whatever."

More of that patented "intellectual verbiage."
 8)

i tend to fail at communicating because i like to be confrontational in an intellectual way...

bears

• Getbig IV
legality and morality are not the same thing.
 i never said she should not have shot the guy.  yes, you can be overzealous in self defense.  if someone slaps you in the face, putting a bullet between their eyes in response is overzealous.  response should only be as forceful as necessary. anything more than necessary is overzealous.
exactly, and it can change. no reason for people to be so fucking comfortable with violence. even if a guy intrudes your house , go ahead and shoot him if you feel necessary. but shotting him again and again once youve already downed him.. just unnecessary.
 she kept shotting after he had already hit the ground.  that is a "fact". who said im judging her? are you not judging the guy who got shot?  :) as for allegiance to a political party.. lmao.. im an anarchist ..   go ahead and ask me if i support tougher gun laws..   ;)

you're beyond ridiculous.  put down the shovel.

bears

• Getbig IV
whatever. dude is trying to run away, or laying there motionless. in either situation he no longer poses a threat.

i'm not judging the intruder.  he may have had the best intentions breaking onto her house with a crobar and then trying to get into the crawlspace that her and her two small children were hiding terrified out of their minds.......maybe.  would you bet on it?

what i am doing is demanding that no one judge HER......for doing what SHE did. 

i'd like to think that she could have fired a warning shot and he could have run away.  and then he would turn himself in and never break into anyone's house again.  but i have to remind you that this happened in REAL LIFE.  not as a hypothetical that you are playing back in your head and trying to figure out what you may or may not have done given the same situtation.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Go back to bed.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
It wouldn't matter even if he was motionless.  You can't ask the woman to do anything short of maximizing her chances of removing herself and her children from the dangerous situation.  As far as I see, it is untouchable.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
It wouldn't matter even if he was motionless.  You can't ask the woman to do anything short of maximizing her chances of removing herself and her children from the dangerous situation.  As far as I see, it is untouchable.

Anyone crossing into your house unauthorized is assumed to have malicious intent and is to be treated as a violent attacker. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
http://news.yahoo.com/mom-shot-intruder-inspires-gun-control-foes-003753089.html

"Herman took her 9-year-old son and daughter into an upstairs bedroom and locked the door. They went into bathroom and she locked that door, too. She got her handgun from a safe, the report said, and hid with her children. At some point, she called her husband, who kept her on the line and called 911 on another line."

"In a 10-minute 911 recording released by the Walton County Sheriff's Office, Donnie Herman calmly explained what was happening to a dispatcher. His part of the conversation with his wife was also recorded."

"His wife told him the intruder was coming closer.

"He's in the bedroom? Shh, shh, relax. Just remember everything that I showed you, everything that I taught you, all right?" Donnie Herman told his wife, explaining later to the dispatcher that he had recently taken her to a gun range."

"Melinda Herman told police she started shooting the man when he opened the door to the crawl space."

"The man drove away in his SUV. Police found the SUV on another subdivision street and discovered a man bleeding from his face and body in a nearby wooded area."

tonymctones

• Getbig V
LOL so they were on the phone for 10 mins with 911, no worries folks the police will be there to protect you...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
180 always takes the side of criminal 

i said it was LEGAL.