Author Topic: People who have become Muslim  (Read 134829 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: People who have become Muslim
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 02:30:00 PM »
ahmed, from your seat, I think it's fairly clear that the gist of the matter is if you post something it's "undeniably rock solid and completely legitimate" and if I post something it's "nonsensical crap with more holes than Swiss cheese".  You're not willing to accept that you don't always have the correct information and will not accept valid corrections; in essence, you're never wrong.  The majority of folks that share that view are typically kids and egomaniacs.  I'm fairly certain now that Groink had you pegged awhile back when he said "you're just a young know-it-all full of piss and vinegar".  I've given you the benefit of the doubt for months, but that time has passed.  There's absolutely no way to have a healthy discussion or share our faiths appropriately with that mindset.  The discussions are only "friendly" if the audience agrees with every word you post.  See, I know you and bigbobs and true all believe the same, but bigbobs and true are rational in their approach.  I can talk to those fellas even if we completely disagree, but disagree with you.....LOL.....the discussion is over before it begins.  

That won't work on this board.  

Still, I will also work to keep the anti-Islam posts and threads in check...if it's outright insults and degrading remarks towards Muslims (not just a simple difference of opinion mind you) I will eliminate that completely....it absolutely goes both ways.

Okay :)

I know you don't like the answer but there is a big difference btween what you're posting and what we're posting as far as comparing the deen show and CBN.

The deen show is literally a talk show where people talk about why, when and how they became Muslim. They come from a variety of backgrounds not necessarily christian even.

There have been a few that I posted which included people with doctorates in divinity, people who studied in seminaries, held high positions in preaching circles, churches, had a reputation.

However, it is merely a talk show of people talking about them becoming Muslim.

CBN on the other hand is the 'christian broadcasting network'. It is not merely a talk show. If anything Pat Robertson's 'club' is a more constructive comparison. AND AGAIN they are NOTHING alike. Pat uses lies and hate to bash Islam. Deen show does not bash christianity or christians. It's an open and sincere dialog.

CBN is also a 'news website', it has articles, various sections, etc... I first was introduced to this website by a friend who was trying to 'convert me back' from islam lol.. and tried to show me the 'lies of islam'.

He even pointed me to some articles on CBN which had comic strips explaining what Islam is about. Totally idiotic and filled with lies.

Then there's pat robertson... who we all know.

Then there's the various fraudulent articles on there which are not out to seek the truth or have balance or have discussion but no matter than some things certain fellas on here you agree are anti-islam bashing and not actually seeking information or discussion.

Hence, the two are NOT comparable :) Whether you like the answer or not. You can poke fun at me all you want and name me names and give me labels but these are the facts.

A person such as pat robertson or anyone associating with them loses all their credibility when the jest of his whole arguments is that we are 'devil worshipers' and idolators (lol!) and that we don't worship the same God of Abraham.

Ironically Jews acknowledge that we worship the God of Abraham. I mean it only takes a LITTLE bit of reading of the qur'an to realize all that. So... such a hate filled, lie filled source is hardly credible.

That is all. Like it or hate it.

In contrast deen show, for example that dude who has a doctor of divinity and studied in seminaries, knows koine greek, etc... etc... He was/is a scholar who was legitimately studied the scriptures in detail. He is not out to sway people into anything but is presenting the authentic information. Take it or leave it.

Pat Robertson? A scholar? Hardly.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 01:42:32 PM »
Actress and Model, USA Sara Bokke rconvert to Islam

she said:
One day I came across a book that is negatively stereotyped in the West-The Holy Quran. Up until that point, all I had associated with Islam was women covered in "tents", wife beate...rs, harems, and a world of terrorism. I was first attracted by the style and approach of the Quran, and then intrigued by its outlook on existence, life, creation, and the relationship between Creator and creation.

I found the Quran to be a very insightful address to heart and soul without the need for an interpreter or pastor.Eventually I hit a moment of truth: my new-found self-fulfilling activism was nothing more than merely embracing a faith called Islam where I could live in peace as a "functional" Muslim.

I bought a beautiful long gown and head cover resembling the Muslim woman's dress code and I walked down the same streets and neighborhoods where only days earlier I had walked in my shorts, bikini, or "elegant" western business attire.

Although the people, the faces, and the shops were all the same, one thing was remarkably distinct: the peace at being a woman I experienced for the very first time.

I felt as if the chains had been broken and I was finally free. I was delighted with the new looks of wonder on people's faces in place of the looks of a hunter watching his prey I had once sought.

Suddenly a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I no longer spent all my time consumed with shopping, makeup, getting my hair done, and working out. Finally, I was free.Of all places, I found my Islam at the heart of what some call "the most scandalous place on earth", which makes it all the more dear and special.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 01:52:37 PM »
Vyacheslav Polosin, the former archpriest of the Russian Orthodox Church, who has taken the Islamic name Ali.

This Russian Orthodox priest embraced Islam after studying and teaching the old and new testaments for many years. Al hamdu lillah!

he said :“Today in this world, where vice, lawlessness, and the dollar reign, we need to preserve our nation. And I believe that the salvation of Russia and the entire world lies in Islam.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vyacheslav_Polosin

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 07:30:49 AM »
Okay :)

I know you don't like the answer but there is a big difference btween what you're posting and what we're posting as far as comparing the deen show and CBN.

The deen show is literally a talk show where people talk about why, when and how they became Muslim. They come from a variety of backgrounds not necessarily christian even.

There have been a few that I posted which included people with doctorates in divinity, people who studied in seminaries, held high positions in preaching circles, churches, had a reputation.

However, it is merely a talk show of people talking about them becoming Muslim.

CBN on the other hand is the 'christian broadcasting network'. It is not merely a talk show. If anything Pat Robertson's 'club' is a more constructive comparison. AND AGAIN they are NOTHING alike. Pat uses lies and hate to bash Islam. Deen show does not bash christianity or christians. It's an open and sincere dialog.

CBN is also a 'news website', it has articles, various sections, etc... I first was introduced to this website by a friend who was trying to 'convert me back' from islam lol.. and tried to show me the 'lies of islam'.

He even pointed me to some articles on CBN which had comic strips explaining what Islam is about. Totally idiotic and filled with lies.

Then there's pat robertson... who we all know.

Then there's the various fraudulent articles on there which are not out to seek the truth or have balance or have discussion but no matter than some things certain fellas on here you agree are anti-islam bashing and not actually seeking information or discussion.

Hence, the two are NOT comparable :) Whether you like the answer or not. You can poke fun at me all you want and name me names and give me labels but these are the facts.

A person such as pat robertson or anyone associating with them loses all their credibility when the jest of his whole arguments is that we are 'devil worshipers' and idolators (lol!) and that we don't worship the same God of Abraham.

Ironically Jews acknowledge that we worship the God of Abraham. I mean it only takes a LITTLE bit of reading of the qur'an to realize all that. So... such a hate filled, lie filled source is hardly credible.

That is all. Like it or hate it.

In contrast deen show, for example that dude who has a doctor of divinity and studied in seminaries, knows koine greek, etc... etc... He was/is a scholar who was legitimately studied the scriptures in detail. He is not out to sway people into anything but is presenting the authentic information. Take it or leave it.

Pat Robertson? A scholar? Hardly.

To be clear, I have nothing against the Deen Show...I've watched it.  I don't consider it a scholarly platform, but I respect it for what it is.  My comments weren't necessarily referring your Deen Show posts exclusively, my comments were referring to the vast majority of your posts on this board in general.  There isn't a post of yours on this board that I can recall when you will ever concede or even hint that you don't have all the answers or could possibly be incorrect when "in discussion" with someone.  You have a canned response or quick Google for everything and regardless of a sound refutation or explanation in the opposite you will not accept anything...it's either ahmed's way or no freakin way....that's my point.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 10:11:24 AM »
Well our religion is different than Christianity. We do not compromise in our religion and it is of principle. We don't change our religion just because people don't like something or because time goes by. Because God knows best. If you don't like some of it we don't compromise on it and we do have an answer for everything in our religion.

Truth and falsehood are not equal. A website that propagates lies but claims its truth to people is unreliable.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 10:25:21 PM »
Well our religion is different than Christianity. We do not compromise in our religion and it is of principle. We don't change our religion just because people don't like something or because time goes by. Because God knows best. If you don't like some of it we don't compromise on it and we do have an answer for everything in our religion.

Truth and falsehood are not equal. A website that propagates lies but claims its truth to people is unreliable.
Are you honestly proud of this?

So, you grown men should sleep with 13 year old girls?

G

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 10:35:46 PM »

1. the true age of the prophets last wife is unknown and there is no 100% answere to my knowlage.
2. some people say she was as old as 18-19.
3. lets say for the sake of arugment she was 13. remember this is 1400 years ago! things were diffrent ALL OVER the world. 1000s of years ago the age people got married was FAR younger then today.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 10:38:25 PM »
1. the true age of the prophets last wife is unknown and there is no 100% answere to my knowlage.
2. some people say she was as old as 18-19.
3. lets say for the sake of arugment she was 13. remember this is 1400 years ago! things were diffrent ALL OVER the world. 1000s of years ago the age people got married was FAR younger then today.
You were just bragging how Islam doesn't change to fit the times.

Pick a side.
G

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 10:43:14 PM »
You were just bragging how Islam doesn't change to fit the times.

Pick a side.

ofcourse islam dosent change to fit the times. A good example is the current gay & lesbain issue going on here in the states. even if same-sex marriage becomes LEGAL in ALL states(which might happen with the way things are currently going!) in islamic law it is still ILLEGAL(as it is in ALL major religions). you dont change just becuase everyone around you is doing it.  get it?

but in issues of marriage there is no "age of marriage" were a man must be married by. An American Muslim will get married at a diffrent age then a African Muslim whom then will get married at a different age then an Chinese Muslim. that is a matter of culture, not religion.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2013, 02:47:45 AM »
ofcourse islam dosent change to fit the times. A good example is the current gay & lesbain issue going on here in the states. even if same-sex marriage becomes LEGAL in ALL states(which might happen with the way things are currently going!) in islamic law it is still ILLEGAL(as it is in ALL major religions). you dont change just becuase everyone around you is doing it.  get it?

but in issues of marriage there is no "age of marriage" were a man must be married by. An American Muslim will get married at a diffrent age then a African Muslim whom then will get married at a different age then an Chinese Muslim. that is a matter of culture, not religion.
Are you pro or anti-slavery?

G

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2013, 08:11:19 AM »
Are you pro or anti-slavery?

I'm pro-slavery fo sho!  Gots me a couple of 3-yr old Jewish girls working my land right now!  They'll toil alright, but have no fear because food, water and rest are all coming for 12 minutes on Friday!!  I'ma gonna work them until they DIE!!!  WHY?  Because, " :D.....the bible tells me soooo!"  The KING JAMES "KICK YOU STRAIGHT TO HELL" BIBLE!!  AHHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!  >:( >:(

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAH AHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!
 >:( >:(

::)  

We've discussed this briefly before:

Rules for slavery regarding Israel in the OT had nothing to do with the antebellum South or the slavery they were delivered from in Egypt.  Two entirely different things....one was forced (antebellum South and Egypt) and the other was voluntary/customary for debt payment (Israel).  One was about inhumanity (antebellum South and Egypt) and one was about the preservation of humanity and rights of the servant/slave while working off individual or family debt (Israel).  The word "slave" is always incorrecty associated with the antebellum South...just not the case for OT Israel.  I could on, but I'll stop for now.

The rules for "slavery" in the bible were about the preservation of humanity and dignity of bond servants working off debt for their families or the "slave" individually.  Many slaves/bond servants ended up staying with the very owner/family they worked for after their debts were satisfied because they chose to.  Many became full-time hands on the owners land receiving a normal wage.  These folks weren't "picking the cotton on Massah's plantation" and then gettin beaten and raped in the evenings.....no, no, no...that's simple ignorance.

I know you have serious issues with slavery in the bible, but the "issue of slavery" doesn't carry the negative connotation you force fit onto it.  You need to understand the culture and history of the Israelites....they were delievered from forced "work til you die" slavery in Egypt.  Our God that freed them didn't turn around and say, "Ok, now y'all go ahead and enslave others in the same manner you were just freed from".    

I suggest you read a copy of Paul Copan's "Is God a Moral Monster?".

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2013, 08:51:19 AM »

According to 'evolution' women can have babies when they hit puberty. Oh wait I just pulled an atheist one on you.

Wait why are you guys trolling a thread with unrelated non-sense, start a new thread.

MOS?

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2013, 10:45:45 AM »
I'm pro-slavery fo sho!  Gots me a couple of 3-yr old Jewish girls working my land right now!  They'll toil alright, but have no fear because food, water and rest are all coming for 12 minutes on Friday!!  I'ma gonna work them until they DIE!!!  WHY?  Because, " :D.....the bible tells me soooo!"  The KING JAMES "KICK YOU STRAIGHT TO HELL" BIBLE!!  AHHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!  >:( >:(

::)  

We've discussed this briefly before:

The rules for "slavery" in the bible were about the preservation of humanity and dignity of bond servants working off debt for their families or the "slave" individually.  Many slaves/bond servants ended up staying with the very owner/family they worked for after their debts were satisfied because they chose to.  Many became full-time hands on the owners land receiving a normal wage.  These folks weren't "picking the cotton on Massah's plantation" and then gettin beaten and raped in the evenings.....no, no, no...that's simple ignorance.

I know you have serious issues with slavery in the bible, but the "issue of slavery" doesn't carry the negative connotation you force fit onto it.  You need to understand the culture and history of the Israelites....they were delievered from forced "work til you die" slavery in Egypt.  Our God that freed them didn't turn around and say, "Ok, now y'all go ahead and enslave others in the same manner you were just freed from".    

I suggest you read a copy of Paul Copan's "Is God a Moral Monster?".

:o  :o I wouldnt expect a post like this from MOS. LOL!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2013, 10:49:49 AM »
:o  :o I wouldnt expect a post like this from MOS. LOL!
LOL, well sometimes I blow off steam too!

I hear the same repeat ideas over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.  Matters not how many times I correct, refute, etc....if a negative connotation, false information, etc...fits the other person's agenda they never....EVER.....let it go or accept that maybe....just maybe....they have it wrong.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2013, 02:38:46 PM »
"On the high-way to hell......"

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2013, 05:42:20 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2013, 05:46:43 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2013, 05:56:42 PM »

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2013, 09:30:56 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2013, 07:30:55 PM »
Hana Tajima converted to Islam when she was 17. Frustrated by the lack of variety in Islamic clothing for converts she founded Maysaa, a fashion house that designs western-inspired clothing that conforms to hijab. Â ”It’s true that I never decided to convert to Islam, nor was there a defining moment where I realised I wanted to be Muslim. Â My family aren’t particularly religious. Â I was interested in religion, but very disinterested in how it related to my life. Â I grew up in rural Devon where my Japanese father was the ethnic diversity of the village. Â It wasn’t until I studied at college that I met people who weren’t of the exact same background, into Jeff Buckley, underground hip-hop, drinking, and getting high. Â
I met and became friends with a few Muslims in college, and was slightly affronted and curious at their lack of wanting to go out to clubs or socialise in that sense. Â I think it was just the shock of it, like, how can you not want to go out, in this day and age.

“It was at about that time that I started to study philosophy, and without sounding too much like I dyed my hair black and wore my fringe in front of my face, I began to get confused about my life. I was pretty popular, had good friends, boyfriends, I had everything I was supposed to have, but still I felt like ‘is that it?’ Â So these things all happened simultaneously, I read more about religion, learned more about friends of other backgrounds, had a quarter life crisis. Â There were things that drew me to Islam in particular, it wasn’t like I was reaching for whatever was there. Â The fact that the Qur’an is the same now as it ever was means there’s always a reference point. The issues of women’s rights were shockingly contemporary.

The more I read, the more I found myself agreeing with the ideas behind it and I could see why Islam coloured the lives of my Muslim friends. Â It made sense, really, I didn’t and still don’t want to be Muslim, but there came a point where I couldn’t say that I wasn’t Muslim.

“Telling my family was the easy part. Â I knew they’d be happy as long as I was happy, and they could see that it was an incredibly positive thing. Â My friends went one of two ways, met with a lack of any reaction and lost to the social scene, or interested and supportive. Â More the former, less the latter.”

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2013, 07:34:24 PM »
A US technology engineer in Saudi Arabia converted to Islam, saying he was impressed by the way people kissed the head of their seniors.

Stuart Elby, 33, a robot engineer at the German Siemens company in the Gulf kingdom, named himself Omar and went to the mosque in Riyadh on Friday with Saudi friends and some members of a government Islamic guidance centre.

“He prayed with them at the mosque for the first time after they showed him how to pray…he asked many questions and appeared impressed when he saw that people were kissing the forehead of their seniors,”
Sabq daily said.

It said friends told him that the kiss signifies respect for the elderly and that lifting the witness finger while praying refers to the “oneness of God,”

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2013, 07:53:14 PM »

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2013, 07:56:36 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2013, 08:00:53 PM »
I watched a few documentaries it's absolutely mind blowing amazing how many Japanese are becoming Muslims mashAllah...!

There was a time before I was muslim that i was so fascinated with Japanese, Chinese and Korean cultures. They are all very different, just not to the naked white man eye lol.

I also never knew how many millions upon millions of Chinese Muslims exist uiyghur and han! And who are becoming Muslim, especially in Hong Kong since it's such an international hub.

And korea! Of all places. Most of the koreans I knew were becoming Christians due to missionaries going there, in fact one of my taekwondo masters was an evangelical christian. One of my korean high school friends was a missionary (I was just becoming interested in islam that time gradually). So many koreans are becoming Muslim and not only that but learning arabic and fluently! Impressive!

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2013, 08:02:26 PM »
islam is taken over baby!  8)

(gets ready for the hater assualt!) lol.