Author Topic: People who have become Muslim  (Read 134828 times)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: People who have become Muslim
« Reply #525 on: September 27, 2013, 04:03:11 PM »
"White Widow" Samantha Lewthwaite

I wonder if Ahmed will condemn terrorism in general and the Kenya attacks in particular, considering that they were made in the name of his religion (whether his religion calls for this kind of attack or not is irrelevant, but let's assume that it doesn't), and whether he can condemn them without ifs, ands or buts about how evil the United States are, and blah blah blah.

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #526 on: September 27, 2013, 06:00:28 PM »
I wonder if Ahmed will condemn terrorism in general and the Kenya attacks in particular, considering that they were made in the name of his religion (whether his religion calls for this kind of attack or not is irrelevant, but let's assume that it doesn't), and whether he can condemn them without ifs, ands or buts about how evil the United States are, and blah blah blah.

Kenyan authorities say no concret evidence of mrs lewthwaite

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/27/kenya-mall-attack-samantha-lewthwaite-al-shabaab

Lets even assume she was involved in the mall attack,

-Where is her body?

-If she was in the mall, how did she escape from hundreds of soldiers who surrounded the building?

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #527 on: September 27, 2013, 06:32:51 PM »

Kenyan authorities say no concret evidence of mrs lewthwaite

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/27/kenya-mall-attack-samantha-lewthwaite-al-shabaab

Lets even assume she was involved in the mall attack,

-Where is her body?

-If she was in the mall, how did she escape from hundreds of soldiers who surrounded the building?

Let's assume she's not involved, for the sake of argument. Does that make a difference in anything I wrote in the text you quote?

If you are a Muslim, I pose to you the same question I posed to Ahmed. Let's see what your answer is.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #528 on: September 28, 2013, 12:05:16 AM »
People who have "become" anything are idiots. Beliefs should be like fingerprints. I am confident that I am a good person. Are you?

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #529 on: September 28, 2013, 04:13:51 AM »
People who have "become" anything are idiots. Beliefs should be like fingerprints. I am confident that I am a good person.

1. Are you saying that one should never change one's opinion on anything?

2. What's morality to do with how fixed our beliefs should be?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #530 on: September 28, 2013, 06:03:20 AM »
1. Are you saying that one should never change one's opinion on anything?

2. What's morality to do with how fixed our beliefs should be?
How does one change beliefs in the first place? Find the face of Jesus on a slice of toast? Maybe they are angry at "god" for a bad streak in life?

Morality has always been tied to religion. If we are good little boys and girls, we will go to that special place reserved by that religion of choice. I am just going to live my life, and let the dominoes fall where they may.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #531 on: September 28, 2013, 09:32:29 AM »

Former US Millitary Sister Victoria reverts Convert To Islam

Assalamu Alaikum, My name is Victoria (Aisha) Arrington. I was born in Georgia and raised in a non religious Christian family. I say non religious because we didnt always go to church, and my parents were smokers/drinkers etc.

My parents were divorced while I was young and my mother married 4 more times after that. My father traveled for work and wasn't home much. So as you can see it wasn't much of a normal family life.

I always had questions about Christianity...Why do we have to be good if we are already forgiven? Why do we eat pork if it says not to? How is God god and Jesus at the same time? etc. etc. etc. All these questions were unanswered by pastors and family...no one had an answer...

In 2002 I went in the military and began a wild life of running around, having what I thought was fun, and getting into trouble. I met several men who were in the Saudi military during my training and this was my first brush with Islam. However I didnt care about religion then. The story is pretty much the same from there until in 2010 I had a major family catastrophe and got divorced from my "Christian" husband.

I met someone who was Muslim and observed everything they did and had lots and lots of questions. This person never pushed Islam on me just told me to read this or that and gave me several books and a Quran. I read the whole Quran....and most of Bukhari....and countless other books. Every single question had an answer, every single thing in your life had a rule to live by, every issue had a well thought out resolution. I knew that this was the way I could know how to live my life...I needed answers, I needed a rule book to live by and so I accepted Islam in December 2011 Alhamdulillah. So here I am today,
fortunately I have been guided by the best people...

I have been shown the real path of Islam, Alhamdulillah.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #532 on: September 28, 2013, 01:15:40 PM »
How does one change beliefs in the first place?

1. That's a good question, one whose answer depends on what we mean by 'belief' and whether there is any such type of thing in the world.

2. That said, let's use the commonsense notion for the purpose of this discussion. Assuming that that type of thing is real, it seems that we change our beliefs all the time. Do you still believe the things you did as a child? Have you never changed your mind on anything? Is it even possible to navigate the world without belief revision?

However it happens, the phenomenon of belief revision is ubiquitous, and rightly so: our beliefs should be sensitive to the way the world is (necessarily filtered through the particular way we experience it) so that they at least in part reflect reality.

So, again: what on earth do you mean by the statement that "beliefs should be like fingerprints"? It sounds like you've said something utterly ridiculous on account of the above facts. Why would the case of religious belief be different from any other? People can't assess new information and revise their beliefs about the claims the way the world is by any given religion? Why not?

Morality has always been tied to religion. If we are good little boys and girls, we will go to that special place reserved by that religion of choice. I am just going to live my life, and let the dominoes fall where they may.

Yes, it seems pretty clear that religions have virtually always tried to claim the moral domain as their own. What do this have to do with what you said about people not being able to change their beliefs? I'm not getting the relevance here.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #533 on: September 28, 2013, 01:20:41 PM »
People turn to drugs and religion in times of personal struggles but this doesn't prove either of these are good for you.
A

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #534 on: September 28, 2013, 02:50:25 PM »
In Islam we turn to God at all times, in remembrance and gratefulness, regardless of good times or bad times.

Speaking of your drugs' comparison, there are good drugs and bad drugs. Medications which heal people and narcotics which harm people. So yes there are some that are good for you and some that are bad for you.

God's message can certainly heal and comfort some people, but it won't if you reject it.

That is in fact how the opening of the second surah starts:

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم (In the name of God the most merciful, the most compassionate)

2:1 Alif, Lam, Meem.
2:2 This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah -
2:3 Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them,
2:4 And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith].
2:5 Those are upon right guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are the successful.
2:6 Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #535 on: September 28, 2013, 07:07:35 PM »
In Islam we turn to God at all times, in remembrance and gratefulness, regardless of good times or bad times.

Speaking of your drugs' comparison, there are good drugs and bad drugs. Medications which heal people and narcotics which harm people. So yes there are some that are good for you and some that are bad for you.

God's message can certainly heal and comfort some people, but it won't if you reject it.

There is no god. We're all alone, friend.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #536 on: September 28, 2013, 07:33:51 PM »
1. That's a good question, one whose answer depends on what we mean by 'belief' and whether there is any such type of thing in the world.

2. That said, let's use the commonsense notion for the purpose of this discussion. Assuming that that type of thing is real, it seems that we change our beliefs all the time. Do you still believe the things you did as a child? Have you never changed your mind on anything? Is it even possible to navigate the world without belief revision?

However it happens, the phenomenon of belief revision is ubiquitous, and rightly so: our beliefs should be sensitive to the way the world is (necessarily filtered through the particular way we experience it) so that they at least in part reflect reality.

So, again: what on earth do you mean by the statement that "beliefs should be like fingerprints"? It sounds like you've said something utterly ridiculous on account of the above facts. Why would the case of religious belief be different from any other? People can't assess new information and revise their beliefs about the claims the way the world is by any given religion? Why not?

Yes, it seems pretty clear that religions have virtually always tried to claim the moral domain as their own. What do this have to do with what you said about people not being able to change their beliefs? I'm not getting the relevance here.

It was a nonsense post, syntaxmachine.   He's a resident troll here, and just posted that to elicit a reaction.

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #537 on: September 28, 2013, 11:36:35 PM »
Let's assume she's not involved, for the sake of argument. Does that make a difference in anything I wrote in the text you quote?

If you are a Muslim, I pose to you the same question I posed to Ahmed. Let's see what your answer is.

In all honesty I was trying to refute the picture of the suspected female accuses of the Nairobi attack, but it didn't come up. I wasn't going to answer whether I condemn the attack or not.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

So we sort of agree there is a possibility that this White women does not exist at this stage. Do I support his kind of attack anyway on the mall, no I don't.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #538 on: September 29, 2013, 06:05:52 AM »

Makes no sense to me how someone can go from Christian to muslim or vice versa. When I said beliefs should be like fingerprints, I meant that they should be unique to each individual. Not some cookie-cutter gameplan from a book.

Why do you think that there are so many religions (and variants of said religions)? Why not just come up with what you believe in?

Growth NOOB

• Getbig III
« Reply #539 on: October 06, 2013, 01:39:26 PM »
What are "retards," Alex.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #540 on: October 14, 2013, 12:50:21 PM »

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #541 on: October 25, 2013, 07:21:01 AM »

Do most muslims pray before molesting there prepubescent wives I wonder?
X

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #542 on: November 08, 2013, 07:00:35 AM »

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #543 on: December 19, 2013, 08:48:28 AM »
How does one change beliefs in the first place? Find the face of Jesus on a slice of toast? Maybe they are angry at "god" for a bad streak in life?
Exactly. Imaginary deity A did not give me free and undeserved bliss, so maybe I'll have better luck with option B. And later on option C, etc.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #544 on: December 21, 2013, 03:16:43 AM »
 ;D
V

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #545 on: January 02, 2014, 12:54:04 PM »
Funny! Yeah and it's just that easy. lol They don't welcome White people. Naive!!! News Flash... they hate Whites!!! You can't just walk in off the street and say: "I want to say shahada and be a Muslim... can you?
X

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #546 on: January 02, 2014, 01:00:01 PM »
Well you can... then they bring white boy off the street to the stone and axe be-head room. lol
X

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #547 on: January 06, 2014, 04:58:17 PM »

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #548 on: January 10, 2014, 10:24:00 AM »

Just a few comments about the video posting above:

This is a very interesting "Christian reversion to Islam" video by the way.

What was interesting is that at approximately 2:04 she admits to not being a Christian:   “I’d tell everyone I was a Christian, but I wasn’t Christian.  I didn’t do anything Christian-like.”  

Then again at approximately 8:34 she discusses her father’s "Christian faith":  “My Dad is a Christian…he’s his own Christian. He’s not Baptist, he’s not anything like that.  He doesn’t attend church.  He reads a book that tells him how to read the bible.”    

From my own experience and what I’ve witnessed here (and in numerous similar videos posted on these boards and online), she and her family were/are nominal Christians that claimed affiliation with the Christian church but didn’t really attend a church.  Attendance does not make someone a Christian nor does claiming affiliation with a Christian church or organization.  

People become Christians because they admit their sin, wholly accept Christ’s sacrifice on calvary’s cross and claim him as savior and live out their lives according to his will and purposes.  They are deemed righteous and thereby justified before the the throne of God and sanctified for his purposes.  

Romans 10:9
9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Christians are indwelt by the Holy Spirit (as if attached by the soul to God) and know without any doubt they are saved and aligned with Jesus Christ our Lord, God and Savior.

At approximately 7:31 she expresses something very telling:  “I wake up in the morning I sort of have to somehow tell myself I’m a Muslim…..I actually have to remind myself I’m a Muslim.  I almost have to wear my hijab to tell myself I’m a Muslim…..I don’t know when that’s gonna go away…..I want to wake up and know I’m Muslim instead of telling myself I’m a Muslim.”

I just found that interesting.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #549 on: January 15, 2014, 11:16:04 AM »
Oh sorry ahmed, let me put that post back I deleted....my bad.