Author Topic: Christian Fundamentalists and Neo Cons  (Read 3296 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Christian Fundamentalists and Neo Cons
« on: January 06, 2013, 08:31:21 PM »
Can we PLEASE team up and get a libertarian like Rand Paul into the White House in 2016?

PLEASE!?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Christian Fundamentalists and Neo Cons
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 08:33:10 PM »
Can we PLEASE team up and get a libertarian like Rand Paul into the White House in 2016?

PLEASE!?
Neo-Con's do not, and will never =/= Libertarian.

Seriously, they are about as far from Libertarianism as males are from females.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 08:33:48 PM »
HAHAHA!!! You think that's even possible?

You honestly think the NEO-CON base that owns the Republicans is going to POSSIBLY not have a rich white guy be the nomination?

Damn man... You REALLY must be playing with fairy dust.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 08:38:58 PM »
HAHAHA!!! You think that's even possible?

You honestly think the NEO-CON base that owns the Republicans is going to POSSIBLY not have a rich white guy be the nomination?

Damn man... You REALLY must be playing with fairy dust.

haha...  :(

Than they're on their own.  Decent people aren't voting for a Rick Santorum or Jeb Bush.

I thought maybe they had learned their lesson by now...  :(

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 08:40:14 PM »

PLEASE!?

If he's for keeping my taxes low and from paying for in utero baby-killing, defending traditional marriage, and promoting LEGAL IMMIGRATION (instead of amnesty), I'll give him a look.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 08:41:16 PM »
haha...  :(

Than they're on their own.  Decent people aren't voting for a Rick Santorum or Jeb Bush.

I thought maybe they had learned their lesson by now...  :(
They won't learn, they're going to go extinct and take the Republican party with them.

They will be the animal that refused to evolve, mark my words.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 08:44:05 PM »
They won't learn, they're going to go extinct and take the Republican party with them.

They will be the animal that refused to evolve, mark my words.

We ran two moderates and they got beat down.

When Bush got re-elected, the Dems were tripping the same way the GOP is now. They didn't look for moderates or libertarians. They went far left (how do you think Lieberman got booted from Dem primary and had to run as an independent to keep his seat?).

You don't beat the far left with moderates or libertarians.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 08:46:31 PM »
We ran two moderates and they got beat down.

When Bush got re-elected, the Dems were tripping the same way the GOP is now. They didn't look for moderates or libertarians. They went far left (how do you think Lieberman got booted from Dem primary and had to run as an independent to keep his seat?).

You don't beat the far left with moderates or libertarians.

I think you're being extremely ignorant of the paradigm shift going on in the nation broseph.

Everything is moving left... the "center" is moving to the left. The majority of people out there do not identify with conservative values anymore... It's sad but true. And the newer generations are only moving further left.

I don't like it... but it's the truth.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 08:48:04 PM »
I think you're being extremely ignorant of the paradigm shift going on in the nation broseph.

Everything is moving left... the "center" is moving to the left. The majority of people out there do not identify with conservative values anymore... It's sad but true. And the newer generations are only moving further left.

I don't like it... but it's the truth.
MCWAY is always refusing to admit that the FAR Right is alienating everyone in the middle... He says they ran moderates, but really, what the did was run NEO-Cons again... That's what killed them.

RINOs... everyone saw that... A true CONSERVATIVE... Not a NEO-CON, would have mopped the floor with Obama.

Ron Paul would have beat him... period.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 08:54:34 PM »
MCWAY is always refusing to admit that the FAR Right is alienating everyone in the middle... He says they ran moderates, but really, what the did was run NEO-Cons again... That's what killed them.

RINOs... everyone saw that... A true CONSERVATIVE... Not a NEO-CON, would have mopped the floor with Obama.

Define a "true conservative", please.

As for alienating people in the middle, Romney won the independents overall and in 5 of the 8 swing states. Yet, about 3 million fewer Republicans voted for him than voted for McCain. If Romney had, at least, matched McCain's numbers, he would have won.

Isn't the mantra that you win your base and independents to win the presidency. Romney didn't get the base turnout.

And, like it or not, without the "Christian Fundamentalists", no Republican is winning the presidency. But don't take my word for it. Go back to 2004. Part of the reason the libs LOATHE the "religious right" is because they hold them responsible for Bush getting re-elected.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 08:55:44 PM »

Jon Huntsman blew Mitt and Rick S. away.  He was ignored...

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 08:56:50 PM »
without the "Christian Fundamentalists", no Republican is winning the presidency.

We know that, I'm asking if you folks can please get your shit together and support someone who isn't a psychopath.   :)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 08:57:23 PM »

As for alienating people in the middle, Romney won the independents overall and in 5 of the 8 swing states. Yet, about 3 million fewer Republicans voted for him than voted for McCain. If Romney had, at least, matched McCain's numbers, he would have won.

Isn't the mantra that you win your base and independents to win the presidency. Romney didn't get the base turnout.

And, like it or not, without the "Christian Fundamentalists", no Republican is winning the presidency. But don't take my word for it. Go back to 2004. Part of the reason the libs LOATHE the "religious right" is because they hold them responsible for Bush getting re-elected.

Dude... the base didn't turn out because of him... The base didn't turn out because they DYING OFF.

You think you have the same numbers of Christian fundamentalists as you did in 2008?

NO! They are dying off man... There are less and less of you.

Add to that you guys fucking up the whole immigration thing and you found yourselves in a world of hurt.

If your base didn't turn out NO MATTER WHAT to defeat the WORST PRESIDENT EVER, then they just don't fucking exist.

You needed to win the middle and you didn't.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 09:01:54 PM »
Jon Huntsman blew Mitt and Rick S. away.  He was ignored...

He's for amnesty and gay "marriage". I wonder why he was ignored.

Dude... the base didn't turn out because of him... The base didn't turn out because they DYING OFF.

You think you have the same numbers of Christian fundamentalists as you did in 2008?

NO! They are dying off man... There are less and less of you.

Add to that you guys fucking up the whole immigration thing and you found yourselves in a world of hurt.

If your base didn't turn out NO MATTER WHAT to defeat the WORST PRESIDENT EVER, then they just don't fucking exist.

You needed to win the middle and you didn't.

Yes, Romney did. The number show that. But, Romney got FEWER GOP votes than McCain did.

You really think a bunch of the base just keeled over and died the last four years? That the lion's share or Republican voters are in ICU, with tubes up their noses, flat-lining left and right over the last four years? PLEASE!!! Even Obama lost voters; he lost fewer than Romney lost McCain voters; hence, he pulled off the win.

And, to borrow from Rush, you really think the Dems are going to let the Republicans have the immigration/amnesty thing? NO WAY!!! Reagan went for full-blown amnesty. Yet, it didn't do GHW Bush much good. He lost a chunk of Latino voters that Reagan got in '84.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 09:13:27 PM »
He's for amnesty and gay "marriage". I wonder why he was ignored.

Yes, Romney did. The number show that. But, Romney got FEWER GOP votes than McCain did.

You really think a bunch of the base just keeled over and died the last four years? That the lion's share or Republican voters are in ICU, with tubes up their noses, flat-lining left and right over the last four years? PLEASE!!! Even Obama lost voters; he lost fewer than Romney lost McCain voters; hence, he pulled off the win.

And, to borrow from Rush, you really think the Dems are going to let the Republicans have the immigration/amnesty thing? NO WAY!!! Reagan went for full-blown amnesty. Yet, it didn't do GHW Bush much good. He lost a chunk of Latino voters that Reagan got in '84.
The voters Obama lost have nothing to do with the voters that Romney didn't get... period.

Now... you talk middle of the road, but on almost EVERY issue when it came to the general election Mitt Romney leaned WAY right... SOCIALLY WAAAAY right.

He talked about the evils of abortion and shit like that.

So if the base didn't come out to oust the most HORRIBLE PRESIDENT EVER, then when the fuck would they come out?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 09:20:31 PM »
The voters Obama lost have nothing to do with the voters that Romney didn't get... period.

I'm aware of that. The point was (and is) Obama kept more of the Dem base than Romney did with the GOP base.

Now... you talk middle of the road, but on almost EVERY issue when it came to the general election Mitt Romney leaned WAY right... SOCIALLY WAAAAY right.

He talked about the evils of abortion and shit like that.

As I recalled, he (under the advice of his handlers) barely talked about any of the social issues, especially abortion.

So if the base didn't come out to oust the most HORRIBLE PRESIDENT EVER, then when the fuck would they come out?

Merely voting against someone isn't enough to oust someone like Obama. Many conservatives simply did not want Romney and, unfortunately they stayed home, perhaps thinking their vote was worthless.

As for 2016, I'd like to see Scott Walker make a run.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 09:36:33 PM »
-Nearly 55% of Americans receive some sort of government check and/or subsidy. Republicans are unlikely to win many of those voters with their talks of spending cuts to social programs(but not the Defense budget).

-More Americans than ever are associating with Atheism or barely acknowledging religion.  These voters are unlikely to side with anti-abortion crusaders and the Rick Santorum-types.

-The expanding and more influential Hispanic populations are highly unlikely to vote for a party whose base members clamor for strict immigration controls.  The Hispanic unity on this issue is puzzling as granting amnesty or lax immigration would actually be severely detrimental to much of its population, it actually comes as no surprise as they show a great deal of togetherness since they have this one similar attribute:  they speak Spanish.

-Democratic voters represent literally a quilt-work hodgepodge of voters:  gays, racial minorities, religious blacks, the rich, city dwellers, Jews, and the highly educated.  In spite of the obvious conflicts of interest presented amongst all these groups, few, if any, would ever be persuaded to go over to the Republican side.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 09:37:29 PM »
-Nearly 55% of Americans receive some sort of government check and/or subsidy. Republicans are unlikely to win many of those voters with their talks of spending cuts to social programs(but not the Defense budget).

-More Americans than ever are associating with Atheism or barely acknowledging religion.  These voters are unlikely to side with anti-abortion crusaders and the Rick Santorum-types.

-The expanding and more influential Hispanic populations are highly unlikely to vote for a party whose base members clamor for strict immigration controls.  The Hispanic unity on this issue is puzzling as granting amnesty or lax immigration would actually be severely detrimental to much of its population, it actually comes as no surprise as they show a great deal of togetherness since they have this one similar attribute:  they speak Spanish.

-Democratic voters represent literally a quilt-work hodgepodge of voters:  gays, racial minorities, religious blacks, the rich, city dwellers, Jews, and the highly educated.  In spite of the obvious conflicts of interest presented amongst all these groups, few, if any, would ever be persuaded to go over to the Republican side.

They also typically, on a percentage basis, vote less than their republican brethren.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 09:42:56 PM »

To me, the one shot you have with Latinos is through the church. If Bush can win 40% of the Latino vote, I'm sure there are other Republicans who can match that (or come somewhat close).

With that said, some folks have to learn the hard way. Certain American voters are going to have to get the shaft put to them, before they realized they got conned by Team Obama and his merry band of liberals.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 10:24:28 PM »
To me, the one shot you have with Latinos is through the church. If Bush can win 40% of the Latino vote, I'm sure there are other Republicans who can match that (or come somewhat close).

With that said, some folks have to learn the hard way. Certain American voters are going to have to get the shaft put to them, before they realized they got conned by Team Obama and his merry band of liberals.

I'm afraid people like us are the ones that will get screwed.  We agree more than not, if we don't get behind the same guy we can say "hello President Hillary".

Purge_WTF

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 07:36:38 AM »
 Conservative Christians like me tend to lean towards Paleoconservatism, and Paleoconservatism and Neoconservatism are like oil and water. Paleos typically put God and Constitution first, while the idols of Neocons are foreign policy and money.

I was very surprised to see Neo-traitors like Sean Hannity and Mark Levin support Rand they way they did a few years back.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 08:06:40 AM »
Neo-Con's do not, and will never =/= Libertarian.

Seriously, they are about as far from Libertarianism as males are from females.

This!

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 02:53:14 PM »

yea...but it's basically the base that put Romney as the nominee.  And they could've gone hardcore with Santorum.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 04:45:41 PM »
What's wrong with an economic conservative, (maybe even a religious socially conservative too) that doesn't want to meddle in the lives of individuals, or play world police?

???

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 06:29:00 PM »
What's wrong with an economic conservative, (maybe even a religious socially conservative too) that doesn't want to meddle in the lives of individuals, or play world police?

???

Nothing, problem is the GOP will never nominate a guy like that.

See Ron Paul.