Author Topic: Its spider infested, smells bad, looks bad....but I will make it a PT Studio  (Read 32269 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Power-rack, bench, lat pulldown, chin and dip station few mats and you are good to go!

There's going to be very limited equipment I intend to use because I don't use much.  My training methods are generally bodyweight exercises for clients so it will mostly be dumbbells, kettlebells, Lebert Bars, etc.  

I will however squeeze in a Power Rack Set for myself.... ;D
A

Method101

• Getbig V
I'm guessing when Vince says Personal Training it is a code word for a place he brings in bodybuilders to fuck his ass and call him a bitch.

There's going to be very limited equipment I intend to use because I don't use much.  My training methods are generally bodyweight exercises for clients

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
You've got a wealth of specialized knowledge to draw upon here at getbig; omr can raise funding and subsequently maintain the financial standing of the gym, coach can dole out all the training advice he deploys on his kids, Basile can donate an extra biceps techsupinator 10,000/time travel device, and I can draw up the contracts -- including the liability form that the clients who are about to die will sign before making their final exit.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Went over to do measurements for the carpet, get paint, and plan where equipment will be.   Its only 400 square feet total but the rent for the building is 300 a month and its in a nice area.

Here's a few pictures.  Everything is going to be ripped out and it won't look like anything before

Good luck, brother.
If you want to save a couple of bucks early on, it appears that most of the existing stuff you want to tear out you could easily do yourself with a minimum of basic tools. Many companies/contractors will knock a little off your total bill if you tear up and dispose of old carpets, for instance, before they come in to install the new.

lulu

• Getbig III
figured out your hours / rates etc ?

what else is in the area ?

keanu

• Getbig IV
300 bucks a month? I couldn't rent a closet for that where I live. You are making the right choice Vince. Great business opportunity.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
Vince, will you put posters of you in the building?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
dont put down carpet man too much hassel to keep clean

what type of sub floor is that i cant see it that well. some of it looks like painted concrete and some of it looks like vinyl or tiles

you should use some good thick grade vinyl/lenolium with some nice tile patterns on it
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
You've got a wealth of specialized knowledge to draw upon here at getbig; omr can raise funding and subsequently maintain the financial standing of the gym, coach can dole out all the training advice he deploys on his kids, Basile can donate an extra biceps techsupinator 10,000/time travel device, and I can draw up the contracts -- including the liability form that the clients who are about to die will have signed before making their exit.

Hahaha!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Carpet sucks.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Carpet sucks.

vince's foot will go right through that carpet if he does enough lunges with his friends

vince needs lenolium with a few huge throw rugs not carpet, throw rugs are much easier to clean and replaceable
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
hell actually vince you could just paint all the floors with porch and deck paint they can make you any color, make sure its oil based

then after all that drys use throw rugs under each lifting stations get the large ones
A

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Kinda ironic that your buying a spider infested building...wonder if Kieth will get you bit.
L

Marty Champions

• Getbig V

I'll have some of Izzo's stuff but my money will mainly come from group training so I will have to keep the space open.  I'll also need to find a way to get a shower in there as there is only one toilet and a sink....otherwise, people will need to come dressed and wash up at home

you need a hot , cold water line and a drain line , stud up a wall insert shower kit from home depot my neeguls
A

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
What will you call the Studio?

Caliber Studio?

Venom Vince Versace-Gym?

Vissy and Co?

The Tu?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
What will you call the Studio?

Caliber Studio?

Venom Vince Versace-Gym?

Vissy and Co?

The Tu?

While I'm sure it would be an honor to be the name of Vince's studio, I'm sure Caliber Fitness Training or some such makes much more sense.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V

Good luck, brother.
If you want to save a couple of bucks early on, it appears that most of the existing stuff you want to tear out you could easily do yourself with a minimum of basic tools. Many companies/contractors will knock a little off your total bill if you tear up and dispose of old carpets, for instance, before they come in to install the new.
all he needs is a hammer and flat head crow bar , lets hope vince mans up and becomes a true falcon carpenter
A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Good luck on teaching people how to do push-ups, pull-ups, dips, and body weight lunges.
There is a fool born every minute, so capitalize on it.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Good luck on teaching people how to do push-ups, pull-ups, dips, and body weight lunges.

have to agree parker, but this world wasnt meant to be perfect, as we can all tell by now.

A

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
Good luck bro but your clients are going to be pissed when they discover this old queen is not only the janitor and is also the one to unlock their fitness "goals".

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
DB's to 50lbs, TRX stations, a 0-90 bench, sandbags, KB's, some bands, etc. Don't worry about racks. No room. Do you have an outside area? Logistics done right, you could pull in $150-200k easily.

You pretty much got what I'm doing down to a tee.  I've been training people out at the Jackson County Park for the past few years and its less than a mile from this place so I'll continue to do the same for athletes.  The studio is going to be for the private and semi group training classes along with business clients who want to train at 4 or 5am in the morning. 
A

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
Goodrum and vissy broke up btw. "Chris" left Melvin so now Melvin is putting all he has -- 50 bucks and some chewing gum -- into his next business failure venture.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
DB's to 50lbs, TRX stations, a 0-90 bench, sandbags, KB's, some bands, etc. Don't worry about racks. No room. Do you have an outside area? Logistics done right, you could pull in $150-200k easily.

This aint Manhattan Beach Joe.

His target clientele only make $20,000/year.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!

There are thousands of different bodyweight exercises I train clients which doesn't cost any money for equipment with numerous variations along with exercises with simple training aids such as bands, dumbbells, and kettlebells.....

A machine however will run thousands and it generally does just one movement.  But the real issues lies in a client doing that same exercises day in and day out....they'll either get tired and quit or they will buy a machine for their home.  
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.

There are thousands of different bodyweight exercises I train clients which doesn't cost any money for equipment with numerous variations along with exercises with simple training aids such as bands, dumbbells, and kettlebells.....

A machine however will run thousands and it generally does just one movement.  But the real issues lies in a client doing that same exercises day in and day out....they'll either get tired and quit or they will buy a machine for their home.  
Then you create "Challenges" and "Achievements" for them.  Always moving the goal posts backwards for them.