Author Topic: EVOLUTION is fact, but Natural Selection is FLAWED!  (Read 22272 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: EVOLUTION is fact, but Natural Selection is FLAWED!
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2013, 01:55:26 PM »
None of this scientific mumbo jumbo, will get me to believe that everything once came from a sigle-celled organism.  We humans like to think we have a grasp on it all.  We have no clue.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 02:01:42 PM »
While you're at it, look up fractal geometry and patterns in nature.  Do you even know what fibonacci numbers are?

Yes, I love fibonacci bread. It's good stuff, especially when dabbed in a light, sharp olive oil.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2013, 02:06:16 PM »
Obviously you did not grasp either. You would have NEVER made this thread if you had understood it.

Ouch someone just got burned lol

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2013, 02:09:16 PM »
Ross Erstling's nose showed up to start this thread yesterday

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2013, 02:13:50 PM »
INFORMATION THEORY; Classical information and Quantum Information

BITS and QUIBITS

Do you even know what you're talking about? lol

QUARKS

UNIVERSAL GRAMMAR and LANGUAGE FACULTY

PRINCIPLES and PARAMETERS

MAYANS

I can play this game too bra, but what's it got to do with evolution via natural selection?

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2013, 02:15:46 PM »
INFORMATION THEORY; Classical information and Quantum Information

BITS and QUIBITS

Do you even know what you're talking about? lol

Yes I do.  Information theory is all about 'signal processing'.  Processing........not creation.......processin g...get it?

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
  • Owner, Supreme Sports Enhancements
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2013, 02:17:29 PM »
Any way you cut the cake we are back to square 1...

Even if natural selection was solely responsible for evolution of life on earth, HOW IS THE PROCESS OF EVOLUTION EVEN POSSIBLE!?  The LAWS OF PHYSICS!  And how are the laws of physics so precisely tuned for life and intelligence??

Listen--LIFE and INTELLIGENCE are not just possible..they are INEVITABLE!  In THIS UNIVERSE, with these SPECIFIC LAWS OF PHYSICS and FORCES of the Universe (Electromagnetism, Gravity, Strong and Weak Nuclear), given enough time, LIFE AND INTELLIGENCE WILL ALWAYS EMERGE!  THE UINVERSE IS INTELLIGENT and LEARNED how to create OBSERVERS--which is why it needs us in the first place; in order to collapse the WAVE FUNCTION! :)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2013, 02:19:02 PM »

Even if natural selection was solely responsible for evolution of life on earth, HOW IS THE PROCESS OF EVOLUTION EVEN POSSIBLE!?  The LAWS OF PHYSCIS!  And how are the laws of physics so precisely tuned for life and intelligence??

Listen--LIFE and INTELLIGENCE are not just possible..they are INEVITABLE!  In THIS UNIVERSE, with these SPECIFIC LAWS OF PHYSICS and FORCES of the Universe (Electromagnetism, Gravity, Strong and Weak Nuclear), given enough time, LIFE AND INTELLIGENCE WILL ALWAYS EMERGE!  THE UINVERSE IS INTELLIGENT and LEARNED how to create OBSERVERS--which is why it needs us in the first place; in order to collapse the WAVE FUNCTION! :)

so when does the other shoe drop and you pitch some crappy new product ?

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2013, 02:19:43 PM »

so when does the other shoe drop and you pitch some crappy new product ?
This is just a fun thread that I started, not pushing any products today. :)

For that matter, I usually don't..

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2013, 02:21:18 PM »

Even if natural selection was solely responsible for evolution of life on earth, HOW IS THE PROCESS OF EVOLUTION EVEN POSSIBLE!?  The LAWS OF PHYSICS!  And how are the laws of physics so precisely tuned for life and intelligence??

I think it's great that you enjoy reading and are apparently making a genuine effort to understand some (all?) aspects of the universe. I also understand the desire to deploy information one has just learned (since "when I was 18" clearly means "10 minutes ago on MY PLANE," 'my plane' being capitalized to emphasize your obvious and inherent superiority plus 150 IQ); I'd be lying if I didn't sate that desire with friends and even on here, sometimes.

But the fact is that you haven't really deployed the information here; you've simply listed a bunch of concepts and authors in a very name-droppy fashion. Until you present you Grand Theory of Everything, it isn't apparent that you understand much at all.

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013, 02:23:55 PM »
Obviously you did not grasp either. You would have NEVER made this thread if you had understood it.

Actually, I was a zealous Darwinist for many years, but in light of new SCIENCE, we all must progress..

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 02:25:21 PM »
Oh, and while I'm at it..

It's not JUST the specific laws of physics and the FORCES of the Universe...it is their PRECISE VALUES! :)  if you altered, say, gravity, by the tinest fraction imaginable, the universe would either fly apart of collapse on itself..

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2013, 02:27:12 PM »
Oh, and while I'm at it..

It's not JUST the specific laws of physics and the FORCES of the Universe...it is their PRECISE VALUES! :)  if you altered, say, gravity, by the tinest fraction imaginable, the universe would either fly apart of collapse on itself..
No it wouldn`t.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 02:37:45 PM »
Yeah. You're an agnostic.

I think Mr. Erstling is an anosognosic, i.e., he does not know that he does not know what the f.u.c.k. he's talking about.

Moreover, Erstling,

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2013, 02:37:52 PM »
And to emphasize again, Natural Selection is TRUE and did play a ROLE in evolution of life on earth, but it isn't the sole mechanism.

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2013, 02:39:30 PM »
http://www.nasa.gov/audience/foreducators/topnav/materials/listbytype/Different_Gravity.html

LOLLL!!!!

Went RIGHT over your head!

The graviton, the communicator particle of the gravitational force, has a quanitfiable value.  AS DOES the Electromagnetic force, and the strong and weak nuclear forces.

Man, I should have posted this somewhere else, I grossly overestimated the intelligence of get biggers..

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2013, 02:39:42 PM »
Getbig....a fucking BODYBUILDING board where members think they know the origins of life...hahahahaahaaa, you can't make this shit up.

:D

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2013, 02:46:29 PM »
And to emphasize again, Natural Selection is TRUE and did play a ROLE in evolution of life on earth, but it isn't the sole mechanism.

This claim is trivially true. The one you need to substantiate -- the one you've claimed and implied repeatedly -- is that some scientist on the planet believes that natural selection was the sole driver of evolution. So, please go find a single scientist who says as much, then we can sort out the other claims you've made.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2013, 02:48:10 PM »
 There are some very smart brains here on GBF, Ross.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2013, 02:48:39 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2013, 02:51:32 PM »
Evolution of life has occured here on planet Earth, that is an incontrovertible scientific fact. The fossil record does not lie. However, the MECHANISM of action–meaning, HOW evolution took place, has not been adequately excplained. Natural Selection is true, and plays a large role in the evolution of life, but it certainly isn’t the whole picture. It would take an absolute leap of FAITH for me to believe that something as complex and intricately functioning as the BRAIN arose simply from random mutations and the subtle pressures of natural selection. As a true scientist and philosopher, I don’t make leaps of faith, but rather, I believe in the EVIDENCE, and simply can not accept that Natural Selection is the SOLE cause for ALL of the magnificent and incredible diversity and variation of life here on Earth. Information theory prohibits such a misplaced and unreasonable belief.

Information, as a law, must always come from an intelligent source such as a computer or a brain. Each and every one of the TRILLIONS of cells in our bodies has been programmed with brilliant mathematical instructions encoded in our DNA. The BRAIN, and all of life on earth, have been intricately and precisely developed, as the most powerful and brilliant TECHNOLOGY of our natural universe. WE as human beings are literally, as heinously complex carbon-based life forms, highly advanced organic TECHNOLOGICAL beings that have even created our OWN technologies, much in our own images. Perhaps our purpose is to continue to PRODUCE, to develop ever more complex technologies that eventually enable us to unlock the full potential of our own DNA(genetic information technology). All of life on earth is highly advanced organic technology, based on the brilliant mathematics of DNA. From the smallest bacterium to the largest fish in the sea, all of life has been progammed by an unmistakably intelligent source, far superior to that of human beings. It is plainly obvious that LIFE, as a complex form of natural organic technology, could not arise simply from random mutations. It is just not possible, and as I scientist, I just can’t believe that.

DOGMATISM exists even among the scientific community, something that I can now see as I have grown older, smarter, and wiser. I will be offering my hypothesis for how life and it’s astounding diversity and variation arose here on earth, using the new sciences of Systems Theory, Chaos and Complexity, Emergent Properties, Quantum Consciousness, Cynamics, and Sacred Geometrical Mathematics.

“Anyone who becomes seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that there is a spirit manifest in the laws of of the Universe, a spirit vastly superior to that of man.”-Albert Einstein

“As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.”-”The FOUNDER of Quantum Physics, Max Planck:

Only a moron would make such a statement.

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2013, 03:00:04 PM »
Anyone who thinks that the Universe, and all of the life and intelligence within it, is just a random accident, has more faith than Moses on the holy mountain lol. 

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2013, 03:01:43 PM »
  Ross, what did it? Can you name it?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2013, 03:04:27 PM »
Anyone who thinks that the Universe, and all of the life and intelligence within it, is just a random accident, has more faith than Moses on the holy mountain lol.