Author Topic: Children 52x more likely to die in a pool than w a gun.  (Read 8719 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Children 52x more likely to die in a pool than w a gun.
« on: January 10, 2013, 08:14:24 AM »
OUTLAW SWIMMING POOLS! Swimming pools are 52 times more likely to kill children than guns!

Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2013 10:40:27 AM by ComtedeMaistre

Here is some excellent analysis that shows that swimming pools kill more children than guns, despite the fact that we have more guns than swimming pools in this country:

http://www.m1-garand-rifle.com/firearms-versus-swimming-pools.php

When you factor in the number of pools relative to that of guns, the analysis shows that a child is 52 times more likely to die in a swimming pool than by a gun shot. We need to outlaw swimming pools, in order to save the lives of children. I am all for pool control. We must fight to ensure that the pool builders lobby does not undermine our attempt to save the lives of children.

Why is Obama not holding a press conference to denounce the lack of pool control, and introduce licensing for people who own pools? Is it because guns are more effective at stopping communism than swimming pools?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Children 52x more likely to die in a pool than w a gun.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 08:22:24 AM »
well when someone walks into a school carrying a pool and kills 26 people you can make this argument,until then it's just plain dumb

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 08:30:48 AM »
well when someone walks into a school carrying a pool and kills 26 people you can make this argument,until then it's just plain dumb

don't get why you think this argument is dumb.  i think everyone's goal should be to save as many children's lives as we can.  to do that, we should start with what kills the most children and address that problem, then spend time working on the next biggest killer, and so on.  how could you not agree with this?  is getting shot worse than drowning in a pool? 

the only reason you think that gun control is a bigger issue for our children is because thats what TV tell you to think. period.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 08:33:38 AM »
you do realize that pool deaths are accidents,it's not he same thing

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 08:34:46 AM »

So again - you dont care about the aggregate body count - you only care about why they died? 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 08:39:48 AM »
these are just dumb gun lobbyist arguments,normal people realize this,but hey, keep on talking about hammers,, screw drivers,pizza pies,and what ever else you want to talk about but it's not going to change a thing

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 08:41:12 AM »
these are just dumb gun lobbyist arguments,normal people realize this,but hey, keep on talking about hammers,, screw drivers,pizza pies,and what ever else you want to talk about but it's not going to change a thing

No - its about the fact that gun control communists like yourself dont give a shit about dead people - only advancing a radical agenda 

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 08:41:20 AM »

right because if my kid dies in an pool accident i wont be as shook up about it as if he was shot.  you're an idiot.  i want to prevent ALL the ways my kid can die.  so lets start with fixing how MOST kids die.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 08:47:24 AM »
right because if my kid dies in an pool accident i wont be as shook up about it as if he was shot.  you're an idiot.  i want to prevent ALL the ways my kid can die.  so lets start with fixing how MOST kids die.

your the idiot,the only thing that's the same is they're both dead.let me guess you have guns and your worried they're coming to get them

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 08:47:53 AM »
please understand that if I could go back in time and prevent guns from ever being invented.  i would.  in a heartbeat.  honestly they scare the shit out of me.  

i've never known a kid that got shot and died.  but i did know 1 of the 2 kids from my son's school that drowned last summer.  and their parents were just as devastated as the people that you watch on the news.  trust me.  so don't sit here and say that its not the same thing.  to them it is.  

i'll say it again.  the only reason you think gun control is a bigger issue is because the TV tells you to think that.  and you listen.  you probably think that steroids is a bigger problem for our teenagers than alcohol too.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 08:52:06 AM »
again the difference is if the parents were there watching those kids swimming they could have been saved ,if the parents were at that school with the kids they're probably dead

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 08:52:34 AM »
your the idiot,the only thing that's the same is they're both dead.let me guess you have guns and your worried they're coming to get them

tv taught you to make that assumption.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 08:52:48 AM »
again the difference is if the parents were there watching those kids swimming they could have been saved ,if the parents were at that school with the kids they're probably dead

Absurd.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 08:53:32 AM »

why is it that liberals think that they have the rigt to blame victims when it suits their political party?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 08:56:18 AM »
tv taught you to make that assumption.

commom sense lets you make that assumption

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 09:00:05 AM »
why is it that liberals think that they have the rigt to blame victims when it suits their political party?

if the parents were watch their kids swimming those kids would probably be alive,it's that simple

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 09:13:24 AM »
if the parents were watch their kids swimming those kids would probably be alive,it's that simple
And if there were armed guards at schools hose other kids may still be alive.

Why are you for banning one but not others?

Especially when the body count is so one sided?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 09:16:08 AM »
commom sense lets you make that assumption

then apparently your common sense is failing you.  because i own zero guns

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 09:16:32 AM »

;D

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 09:18:03 AM »

because tv told him so

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 09:27:11 AM »

again for the late comers,one is an accident and the other is murder.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 09:32:54 AM »
again for the late comers,one is an accident and the other is murder.
Again for the slow learners, so you're not interested in preventing accidents even though kids are mucho te likely to die from that your just concerned about those deaths where the intent was murder?

Please don't use the children aspect in your arguments anymore as its clear the lives of Children is my what you're concerned with but murder.

If that's the case then you're really willing to ban guns based on a few isolated incidents?

Why don't you go answer my "Fundamental question" thread? I think this goes to the heart of the differnece

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 09:36:25 AM »

Good point!!!

Guns actually serve several important and practical uses.  Swimming pools are merely for recreation!

When will we wise up, and put an end to this holocaust of young people dying senseless deaths?

I'm outraged

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 09:38:05 AM »
please understand that if I could go back in time and prevent guns from ever being invented.  i would.  in a heartbeat.  honestly they scare the shit out of me.  

i've never known a kid that got shot and died.  but i did know 1 of the 2 kids from my son's school that drowned last summer.  and their parents were just as devastated as the people that you watch on the news.  trust me.  so don't sit here and say that its not the same thing.  to them it is.  

i'll say it again.  the only reason you think gun control is a bigger issue is because the TV tells you to think that.  and you listen.  you probably think that steroids is a bigger problem for our teenagers than alcohol too.

Good point!

I live in a state with record high CCW numbers and I've never known anyone that's been shot!  I do know of at least six people that have drowned senseless deaths in pools.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2013, 09:45:28 AM »
Again for the slow learners, so you're not interested in preventing accidents even though kids are mucho te likely to die from that your just concerned about those deaths where the intent was murder?

Please don't use the children aspect in your arguments anymore as its clear the lives of Children is my what you're concerned with but murder.

If that's the case then you're really willing to ban guns based on a few isolated incidents?

Why don't you go answer my "Fundamental question" thread? I think this goes to the heart of the differnece

wrong again, but whats new.alot of public pools have life guards and rules saying an adult ha to be present when a kid is swimming,these rule came into play because of kids drowning,they didn't ban all pools,you see where this is going.maybe we can change a few things and not just ban all guns