Author Topic: Mr USA John DeFendis Claims Cardio Isn't Needed For Fat Loss!  (Read 15175 times)

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
Re: Mr USA John DeFendis Claims Cardio Isn't Needed For Fat Loss!
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 08:33:04 AM »
why not go on lifetime hrt and call it a day?
natural limits suck even at age 20,man, im not far from 40 and its pretty much the same from when i was 20.

when natural, i wouldnt even try to put on size, most gonna be fat, when nattyy, focus on being lean, will be somewhat thin from side, but thats what a any natty looks like once hes lean.

focus on lean if natural,if im natural and not considerably lean, i dont even look like i work out.or rather like a fatso who recntly picked up training

I know I'll be destroyed by everyone here but I want to be honest with you: I'm afraid of prostate cancer (also family history don't help).
North of Italy

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 08:42:26 AM »
I know I'll be destroyed by everyone here but I want to be honest with you: I'm afraid of prostate cancer (also family history don't help).

No one will call you out for that reason. Prostate cancer scares the hell out of me too. Should scare the hell out of any sane man.

I often wonder if decca is a good "HRT" drug that doesn't pose as much cancer risk to the prostate.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 08:42:57 AM »
Of course it's not nec. Fat loss is calories in less thn calories out. But defendis was also on a bunch of shit too. I'd be interested to see him coach a kid clean n see wuts possible to have tons of mass n lean w no cardio

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 08:50:00 AM »
nono, thats a valid point,man.

on somewhat bright side, its said that 50%(!) of males develop some form of prostate cancer throughout their lifetime.

wonder what docs would say on this issue

dj181, the chinese liars bodyfat there is "too much".i dont care what the caliper would say, hes flabby around the navel.10% +

so you think that's it's actual fat and not bloat/water?

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 08:50:23 AM »
I wonder if he did any cardio...

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 09:06:12 AM »
take a look at most of marathon runners or swimers, they doing lots of cadio than bodybuilders.
but they also eat lots carbs & fat. so their difinition not as good as us.
i have a very bad spinals problem, never doing cardio.
but see my update pics

Musclecenter putting 99% of getbiggers to shame.   ;)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 09:12:22 AM »
hm, i dont think 20 sets per bodypart is much, i always do that.

musclecenter, youre quite fat man, the muscle pops out somewhat due to steroids use, but look at your navel, its burried in fat.

look, this is lean:

can someone translate "hope this helps" for our resident chinese liar now?

:o

Repercussions imminent.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 09:19:41 AM »

musclecenter, youre quite fat man, the muscle pops out somewhat due to steroids use, but look at your navel, its burried in fat.

look, this is lean:

WTF Galeniko, this has to be what? almost a year now that you have looked like your 2 weeks out from contest, wow, you have some serious discipline and/or insane metabolism.

See people, take note, this is year round lean. Especially you Tbombz, it is all mentality at this point, those who fail should step it up a notch and look to Galeniko for some inspiriation, motavation and advise, but most importantly how he stays mentally charged to stay this way year round, sir that is impressive,.... in before Chaos tells me to get my lips off your ass, shut up chaos you homo, in advance  ;D  :D

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 11:40:54 AM »
WTF Galeniko, this has to be what? almost a year now that you have looked like your 2 weeks out from contest, wow, you have some serious discipline and/or insane metabolism.

See people, take note, this is year round lean. Especially you Tbombz, it is all mentality at this point, those who fail should step it up a notch and look to Galeniko for some inspiriation, motavation and advise, but most importantly how he stays mentally charged to stay this way year round, sir that is impressive,.... in before Chaos tells me to get my lips off your ass, shut up chaos you homo, in advance  ;D  :D

Galeniko does look very impressive, but sounds like youre asking for ripped glute shots  ;D

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2013, 01:48:43 PM »
There was a study concluded recently that found out what I've intuitively known all along: cardio induces a disproportionate hunger leading to ingestion of more kcals, than are burned by the cardio itself.

Even if you burned off 500 kcals, if you don't strictly stick to a set kcal intake, you'll ingest more foods worth than those 500 kcals burned.

This of course providing you eat by hunger. But no matter what, extra hunger is never a winner.

So: it is not needed (never was) and possibly seriously counterproductive. Ditch it.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2013, 01:51:04 PM »
There was a study concluded recently that found out what I've intuitively known all along: cardio induces a disproportionate hunger leading to ingestion of more kcals, than are burned by the cardio itself.

Even if you burned off 500 kcals, if you don't strictly stick to a set kcal intake, you'll ingest more foods worth than those 500 kcals burned.

This of course providing you eat by hunger. But no matter what, extra hunger is never a winner.

So: it is not needed (never was) and possibly seriously counterproductive. Ditch it.

what's the leanest you've ever been stud?

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2013, 01:55:35 PM »
educate yourself

According to the American College of Sports Medicine, cardio, or cardiovascular exercise, is any activity that increases heart rate and respiration while using large muscle groups repetitively and rhythmically. The root word "card," or "heart," provides a clue as to why this type of exercise is so important. By providing training that progressively challenges your most vital internal life support network, cardio can improve both the function and the performance of your heart, lungs and circulatory system.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/114986-definition-cardio-exercise/#ixzz2HnfQAPtO

Today most associate the word cardio with running on a treadmill or something, but thats flawed thinking, your heart has no clue if the cause of increase is from running, or lifting

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2013, 01:58:43 PM »
what's the leanest you've ever been stud?

No idea dj. (in %)

But my face then looks so terrible, I basically have to stay (a lot) fatter than I'd want body-wise. Last summer people came asking me if I was terminally ill repeatedly. I then saw pictures of my face and it did look like I was in the terminal stages of cancer or Aids. Even my eye sockets were so sunken in my eyes appeared to be bulging out.

I don't even think I was really that lean, just terrible genetics/fat distribution for epic leans  :-\

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2013, 02:00:13 PM »
educate yourself

According to the American College of Sports Medicine, cardio, or cardiovascular exercise, is any activity that increases heart rate and respiration while using large muscle groups repetitively and rhythmically. The root word "card," or "heart," provides a clue as to why this type of exercise is so important. By providing training that progressively challenges your most vital internal life support network, cardio can improve both the function and the performance of your heart, lungs and circulatory system.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/114986-definition-cardio-exercise/#ixzz2HnfQAPtO

Today most associate the word cardio with running on a treadmill or something, but thats flawed thinking, your heart has no clue if the cause of increase is from running, or lifting

I've heard several cardiologists say, and it makes sense, that everyone's heart has a certain number of built in beats it can take genetically. That's why athletes generally die younger than non-athletes. Sitting on your couch will lead to a longer functioning heart than doing regular cardio.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2013, 02:00:56 PM »
Pedro Brugada is one of the cardiologists saying this should you be interested.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2013, 02:08:36 PM »
John Meadows also says cardio is not needed because well, it's not. It feels good to do it but if you eat less, you won't need it.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2013, 02:34:41 PM »
think what added muscle does to BMR

I think it was 7 calories for each pound of muscle/day. Not as much as most would assume.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2013, 02:38:55 PM »

I often wonder if decca is a good "HRT" drug that doesn't pose as much cancer risk to the prostate.

Low dose trenbolone?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20138077
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21266670

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2013, 04:47:41 PM »
My conditioning is nuts and I also NEVER do cardio...haven't done cardio in years actually...

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2013, 05:05:43 PM »
well, hes right.

i have gotten to shredded everything without cardio.

its not needed for everyone, but it helps everyone.

Amen, i dropped the most weight when i just focused on my diet, cardio was overrated.
True story.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2013, 05:06:35 PM »
My conditioning is nuts and I also NEVER do cardio...haven't done cardio in years actually...

BOOOM Very cool Indie, that is awesome.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2013, 05:21:31 PM »
Defendis is a fat man giving diet advice. I know EXACTLY what he advocates - I used to work for him.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2013, 05:27:34 PM »

look, this is lean:

Oh man, please detail your diet brother, either here or PM. awesome leaness

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2013, 08:51:35 PM »
You do not need cardio to get ripped and these people who run on the tread mill for hours on end will end up with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2013, 09:24:03 PM »
You do not need cardio to get ripped and these people who run on the tread mill for hours on end will end up with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.

So it's all about the diet for you?