Author Topic: Mr USA John DeFendis Claims Cardio Isn't Needed For Fat Loss!  (Read 15172 times)

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
Re: Mr USA John DeFendis Claims Cardio Isn't Needed For Fat Loss!
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2013, 11:05:39 PM »
hm, i dont think 20 sets per bodypart is much, i always do that.

musclecenter, youre quite fat man, the muscle pops out somewhat due to steroids use, but look at your navel, its burried in fat.

look, this is lean:

can someone translate "hope this helps" for our resident chinese liar now?
im really impressed you look like that year round, I like becoming a fatty too much. You have an awesome physique and look like you are in your 20s(in a good way).. Props to you

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2013, 01:10:34 AM »
You do not need cardio to get ripped and these people who run on the tread mill for hours on end will end up with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.

Dr. Kenneth Cooper found out that so-called "health nuts" ie. those who ate very "healthy" diets and didn't smoke or drink and trained often (running and/or weight training) and on a regular basis were dying prematurely

he hypothesized that it's was due to over-training, and he said something to the effect that those who train more than 1 hour per week are not doing it for health reasons

he's one of the guys who was responsible for starting the running craze in the u s of a back in the 1970s

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2013, 03:43:48 AM »
Regarding cardio for health, did you guys see the recent news about research
showing how some people simply do not respond to cardiovascular exercise?
They don't get better endurance and some actually get worse glucose tolerance.

They can actually do some gene testing now to predict who will not respond
positively to cardio.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2013, 05:57:01 AM »
Dr. Kenneth Cooper found out that so-called "health nuts" ie. those who ate very "healthy" diets and didn't smoke or drink and trained often (running and/or weight training) and on a regular basis were dying prematurely

he hypothesized that it's was due to over-training, and he said something to the effect that those who train more than 1 hour per week are not doing it for health reasons

he's one of the guys who was responsible for starting the running craze in the u s of a back in the 1970s

That is a serious misinterpretation of what Cooper stated. He never said those who train over an hour a week are not doing it for health reasons. He absolutely never said that. He did say according to his massive research that doing to much cardio or his term aerobics has a leveling off of health benefits. He was talking about people who do massive amount of mileage training for a marathon. Cooper ran three miles a day throughout much of his life and continues to run/walk. He continues to promote eating healthy, cardio and other exercise like strength/yoga.

What he said in effect according to his research is that running more than 15 miles a week gave no extra health benefit. How many bodybuilders run more than 15 miles a week?

He still promotes with serious research how aerobics promotes the loss of visceral and subcutaneous fat. It can lower blood pressure and lower triglycerides. How it changes the ratios of HDL to LDL in cholesterol. How it lowers high blood sugar. It increase the strength of the heart muscle so it slows your resting heart rate.

Heart attacks are the number one killer of man. While cardio is never a cure all it has prevented more heart attacks than it caused. Many heart attacks happen during sleep but you never hear anyone saying you shouldn't sleep cause their uncle died of a massive heart attack while sleeping.

Regarding the need for cardio to get ripped it has been shown time and time again that guys that do volume training get ripped without it. Maybe doing 20 sets a body part is consuming massive amounts of calories and has an aerobic effect in it's self.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2013, 06:12:32 AM »
that's interesting what you say oldtimer, coz that quote about anyone doing over 1 hour of training per week comes from a statement that AJ made concerning Cooper's conclusions

also Mentzer said a thing or 2 about this in his interview with Bill Phillips

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2013, 06:17:25 AM »
So is cardio a giant waste of time? After all, the legend DeFendis says so. Let us all stop doing cardio then and focus exclusively on building muscle to burn fat.

He was being sarcastic.

G

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2013, 11:32:35 AM »
So it's all about the diet for you?

Well, not just for me but for everyone.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2013, 11:50:43 AM »
Well Melvin doesn't believe in cardio either. :)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2013, 12:01:30 PM »
farah says cardio is more useful in the off season to increase nutrient absorbtion

in contest prep it should be limited because you are depleted and all

he said

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2013, 12:04:23 PM »
farah says cardio is more useful in the off season to increase nutrient absorbtion

in contest prep it should be limited because you are depleted and all

he said

Yeah, that's what he said in his Ireland seminar but I don't know about how valid his point is. Nutrient absorption? I thought cardio was catabolic.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2013, 12:05:21 PM »
Yeah, that's what he said in his Ireland seminar but I don't know about how valid his point is. Nutrient absorption? I thought cardio was catabolic.
i think it makes a lot of sense what he said

you are not going catabolic from some moderate cardio while eating a lot of food

not a chance

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2013, 12:08:35 PM »
the barbarian bros once said that there's no overtraining only under-eating

i think that it's better to keep the cals up while keeping the activity level up

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
How in heavens name would cardio improve nutrient absorption? It draws blood away from the stomach...

He probably meant nutrient distribution via blood volume or something like that.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2013, 02:58:16 PM »
Well Melvin doesn't believe in cardio either. :)

Wrong...aerobic exercise is good for the heart and helps stimulate the metabolism.  You simply need to keep it to a low intensity and make sure you also do weight training as well.

Best time to do it is in the morning on an empty stomach

A

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2013, 10:08:04 PM »
goes like this, no carbs other than from veggies, some 50-150gramms of carbs from vegs a day, traces fats and 300gramms of protein.

rather 50g carbs than 150.

the most important thing, eat a meal, wait till hungry, then i kill off the hunger by drinking water or diet coke and smoke a ciggi, then the hunger feeling goes away, then i eat the next meal.then wait till hungry again rinse repeat.

no cheat days, if ill have something to not go insane from diet, i just have some straight up fast carbs, theyre fast in and fast out.not liquids one, though.

no post workout shakes.

no eating all 3 hrs, dont be affraid to entirely perposedly miss meals and sometimes dont eat for 10hrs, as long i can hold through.

if a random binge happens, wait out till really hungry before returning to clean diet again.

thats all, no magic, just bit suffering.

once lean, i get away with random huge huge cheat meals(not cheat days, though), the key,i honestly belive, is the waiting for next hunger before eating again.

even if i get out of shape a bit by eating 10k cals of junk for 3 days straight, the conditioning is back to this within days after returning to proper diet.

thanks for that, appreciate it. Good post.