Author Topic: Flu Shot  (Read 5668 times)

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
Re: Flu Shot
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 12:17:12 PM »
 ::)

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 12:19:49 PM »
Why honey? Sounds like falcon-logic (not always a bad thing)

This can indeed be falconish as I have inherited the habit of consuming honey from my parents and was always touted how good it is for your health.
But there is some truth in this from what I have read and heard.

Also remember that in the Bible, Salomon advocates "My son, eat thou honey, for it is good."

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 12:21:40 PM »
Also remember that in the Bible, Salomon advocates "My son, eat thou honey, for it is good."

He was talking about pussy.

Honey = pussy.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 06:11:01 PM »
never!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 06:21:24 PM »
I strongly recommend washing your hands.
And taking tablespoon of honey a day is very good way to survive the flu wave.

If you're going to subscribe to that thought, then it should be LOCAL (to you) raw honey, not the generic processed stuff at the grocer.
:

Kilo Medic

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 06:24:52 PM »
i work in healthcare so i'd be stupid not too
Ditto for me.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 06:25:20 PM »

If you're going to subscribe to that thought, then it should be LOCAL (to you) raw honey, not the generic processed stuff at the grocer.

Do you get a flu shot Leia? ???

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 06:28:22 PM »
Do you get a flu shot Leia? ???

Never.

The media always makes me freak out and wish I did though
:

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 06:29:36 PM »
Never.

The media always makes me freak out and wish I did though

Same, good to know

TrueBB93

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2013, 06:32:30 PM »

Also remember that in the Bible, Salmon advocates "My son, eat thou honey, for it is good."

Quran says this too.

theres definitely something special about honey.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2013, 06:39:52 PM »
Always get a flu shot.

If more people did we would be better off.

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 07:00:24 PM »
I just researched "vaccination programs" per your request.  Everything I read is very promising and positive.  Could you please provide some evidentual links to the govt trying to inject us with this deadly strain virus you speak of?   :D

Add 'conspiracy theory' to your search and you will find what he's alluding to.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 07:09:53 PM »
Add 'conspiracy theory' to your search and you will find what he's alluding to.

So, I guess there's no factual evidence of his ramblings?  Just hearsay?   :-\

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2013, 10:26:25 PM »

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2013, 10:30:07 PM »
Ive had the flu for the last week.

epic cuts and fat loss

get your flu shots
L

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2013, 10:31:30 PM »
I recommend it only for old people or those with for some reason weakened immunity or serious health concerns.

Thanks for the advice, but I'll pass even though I am technically an old person. I don't remember ever having the flu. -Never had a flu shot either.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2013, 11:31:45 PM »
I will get one this year for the first time. My client is a doctor and she is usually against it because hits hit or miss with the strain. But she said this year they have a perfect match to the strain of flu that's going around. My son, wife and myself will get one. She said the peak won't be for at least 3-4 weeks, by then the vaccine will be kicked in.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2013, 12:50:21 AM »
I will get one this year for the first time. My client is a doctor and she is usually against it because hits hit or miss with the strain. But she said this year they have a perfect match to the strain of flu that's going around. My son, wife and myself will get one. She said the peak won't be for at least 3-4 weeks, by then the vaccine will be kicked in.

;D

whitewidow

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2013, 12:58:15 AM »
Yes. every year. makes me feel ind of lethargic the few first days after the shot

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2013, 01:05:03 AM »
I don't believe in them and will never get one.  There are different strains of the flu/virus, so a shot only works for that particular strain.  Why put the disease into the body...I don't see the point. 

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2013, 01:31:55 AM »
This is a pretty solid read.

12 Tips for Avoiding the Flu (without a flu shot)

Know when flu season occurs. Most people know that the flu generally peaks during January to February of each year, but the actual duration and intensity of each year’s flu season fluctuates. You can monitor the current situation in the U.S. by visiting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.  During peak times, avoid spending time in public places whenever possible and avoid visiting the doctor’s office, hospital, nursing home, airport, and shopping centers. Avoid flying, taking elevators, and sharing transportation (like taxi cabs and the bus) during peak times. Avoid any close confined space with others during the flu season.

Handwashing is the all-purpose disease preventer and is effective in limiting the spread of the flu in most cases. Wash with soap (antibacterial soap isn’t necessary) and warm water for a full 20-30 seconds. Include your fingernails, the backs of your hands, and in between fingers. Keep your nails short, use a nailbrush when washing, and avoid wearing rings if possible. (Artificial nails are a breeding ground for germs, and should be removed if you are concerned about contracting or passing on the flu.) Read about the CDC’s guidelines for washing your hands to make sure you are washing properly to prevent the spread of disease. Teach kids to wash properly and encourage your co-workers to wash as well. Keep hand sanitizers readily available during flu season and offer it to others often.

Regularly disinfect doorknobs, the telephone, light switches, car keys, the fridge door, faucets, and the toilet to help stop the spread of germs. Often, you can pass on the flu bug before you even know you are infected, so regular cleaning during flu season helps lessen your chances of picking up a bug.

Avoid public restrooms whenever possible. Don’t put your purse, briefcase, computer case, or backpack on the floor – ever. The floor is contaminated with all kinds of germs. (We cultured the bottom of our shoes worn only in the nursing lab during nursing school and came up with Chlamydia (an STD), dozens of strains of Staphylococcus (commonly found in infected wounds), that year’s flu virus, and a whole host of other disgusting bugs.)

Take off your shoes at the door. Keep a separate pair of indoor shoes or slippers to be worn around the house to prevent tracking germs from the outside world into your home.

Open public doors with a paper towel, handkerchief, or your rear end whenever possible – not your bare hands.

Wash your hands thoroughly before applying makeup, putting in contact lenses, after blowing your nose or sneezing, and before eating.

Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth at all costs. Don’t chew on pencils, pens, your fingernails, or other non-food items. Clean the outside of canned goods with hot soapy water before opening and wash your hands after touching any food packaging when preparing meals.

Clean the shopping cart handle with a disinfectant and wash immediately after handling money. Disinfect your hands after using the ATM, the gas pump, after petting animals, and after collecting the daily mail.

Take care of your body during flu season with plenty of rest, a balanced diet, and lots of water and exercise. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables during the flu season – 50% of each meal should be comprised of fruits and veggies. Take a high-quality, liquid multivitamin everyday. (Yes, it should be a LIQUID, not a pill, for better absorption.)

De-stress. Stress is possibly the leading contributing factor to any illness. Exercise, take time for R&R, and spend quiet time alone to reduce your stress levels every day. Get counseling and deal with any unresolved issues in your close personal relationships.

Try a little alcohol. While drinking alcohol isn’t found on any doctor’s advice sheet, hordes of my patients over the years swear by the power of alcohol to fend off sickness. (Think of the old home remedy of making Hot Toddies for colds and fevers.) Vodka and fruit juices (like grapefruit or orange) are favorite home remedies for preventing the flu.

http://moneyning.com/advice/12-tips-for-avoiding-the-flu-without-a-flu-shot/
#

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2013, 01:35:10 AM »
Also it's taking a risk when eating at a smorgsaboard, where other people have breathed all over the dishes.  If you want to avoid the flu, then avoid any large crowds and always wash your hands after training at the gym before you do any food preparation at home.  Never touch your face especially your nose and mouth. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2013, 01:49:14 AM »
Also it's taking a risk when eating at a smorgsaboard, where other people have breathed all over the dishes.  If you want to avoid the flu, then avoid any large crowds and always wash your hands after training at the gym before you do any food preparation at home.  Never touch your face especially your nose and mouth.  

Do you find not touching your nose difficult at the moment? Another thing to not touch is your eyes, BTW.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2013, 01:51:37 AM »
Don't you find not touching your nose difficult at the moment? Another thing to not touch is your eyes, B
No I have never touched my nose, so now that I have had my op it's not something I am in the habit of doing.  I might do some nose massages which the surgeon showed me to help bring my swelling down but I always wash my hands first and I am at home when I do them. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2013, 02:04:16 AM »
No I have never touched my nose, so now that I have had my op it's not something I am in the habit of doing.  I might do some nose massages which the surgeon showed me to help bring my swelling down but I always wash my hands first and I am at home when I do them. 

Your good. I am fidgety and so I am always touching my face. It's a bad habit I know, but I have survived it for 68 years so far. I am good about washing my hands, which is something you learn to do when you work in a school full of children. I do think a lot of people today have a phobia about germs. Germs are everywhere, if a person thinks they can really protect themselves from exposure, they are kidding themselves. Unless one has compromised health a few germs are probably healthy because they allow you to develop immunity.

When I first started working at the school, I caught everything (it seemed) from the kids. After the first year, I had developed some immunity and rarely got sick. One thing I learned is that allergies can compromised ones health. For several years, I took Singulair which helps control allergies. When you are having an allergic reaction, it weakens your system and makes you more susceptible to catching things....in my case, colds