Disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong has reached a settlement with the Sunday Times, which he sued for £1m after it published an article suggesting he was using performance-enhancing drugs before his confession.
The multiple winner of the Tour de France admitted last year to doping during his career, revealing his repeated denials were "one big lie".
The American sued the newspaper nine years ago for libel following the article, seeking damages from the chief sports writer David Walsh and deputy sports editor at the time, Alan English.
The Sunday Times was forced to settle the claim in 2006 and agreed to pay Armstrong £300,000, the newspaper reported.
But after his confession the paper launched a high court bid to return the money, plus £720,000 in costs, and has reached a confidential settlement, the newspaper said today.
It said Walsh and English had "reached a mutually acceptable final resolution to all claims against Lance Armstrong related to the 2012 high court proceedings and are entirely happy with the agreed settlement, the terms of the which remain confidential."