Author Topic: Lance Armstrong 'comes clean'  (Read 64796 times)

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
Re: Lance Armstrong 'comes clean'
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2013, 07:08:36 PM »
TA, do you feel Lance is getting a raw deal?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2013, 07:11:55 PM »

A mistake? Really?  ::)  A mistake that went on in excess of 13 years. oy  ::)   That arrogant prick ruined countless careers and reputations with his denials and lawsuits.  An he doesn't doesn't owe anyone anything?  Right.

He also admitted to mistreating people as he tried to preserve the cover-up.

"Yeah, I was a bully," Armstrong said.

Not only did he attack those who told the truth about him, he sued them when they did. At one point, when Winfrey asked him if he had sued Emma O'Reilly, a former team masseuse who told of his doping, Armstrong wasn't sure. "To be honest, Oprah, we sued so many people," he said.

This is the despicable part.  Who cares about the actual doping.
A

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2013, 07:15:09 PM »

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2013, 07:30:21 PM »
This is the despicable part.  Who cares about the actual doping.

I care about the actual doping.  I care about fucks like armstrong who, all together, perpetuate the idea that you can obtain superhuman results with just "hard work and determination".

Of course we're all older and wiser here on getbig ::), but once upon a time I'm pretty sure most of us (along with most of everyone else) thought they could get big and strong and look like a million bucks with just a little sweat and blood.  Well, that's a load of bullshit.  There are a million factors involved, the least of which is one's willingness to work to achieve their goals.  Anyone who routinely goes to the gym for years on end has sufficient willingness, and yet most who do still look like shit.  I'd be willing to bet most of them also actually believe the reason they look like shit is because they haven't got their training right, or their diet, or this or that...  because of jackasses like armstrong, skip lacour, kiyoshi moody, CT Fletcher, and so on... the list is so staggeringly long, it practically involves everyone who performs at a high level in any physical activity.

The belief in "hard work" is extremely strong, almost as strong as it is stupid, and needs to die.  This can only happen if fucks like Lance get their due.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2013, 07:51:28 PM »
I agree ^^^           this video will make you disgusted at ALL sports 

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2013, 08:06:44 PM »
I watched both interview pieces, Lance is still lying.

I am 100 % certain of this.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2013, 08:12:45 PM »
I care about the actual doping.  I care about fucks like armstrong who, all together, perpetuate the idea that you can obtain superhuman results with just "hard work and determination".

Of course we're all older and wiser here on getbig ::), but once upon a time I'm pretty sure most of us (along with most of everyone else) thought they could get big and strong and look like a million bucks with just a little sweat and blood.  Well, that's a load of bullshit.  There are a million factors involved, the least of which is one's willingness to work to achieve their goals.  Anyone who routinely goes to the gym for years on end has sufficient willingness, and yet most who do still look like shit.  I'd be willing to bet most of them also actually believe the reason they look like shit is because they haven't got their training right, or their diet, or this or that...  because of jackasses like armstrong, skip lacour, kiyoshi moody, CT Fletcher, and so on... the list is so staggeringly long, it practically involves everyone who performs at a high level in any physical activity.

The belief in "hard work" is extremely strong, almost as strong as it is stupid, and needs to die.  This can only happen if fucks like Lance get their due.

There are probably only six or eight guys that can win the Tour de France and all are taking the same shit.  Lance's shit wasn't any better than anyone else's, he just outworked everyone else and wanted it more and was willing to endure more pain.  Pick any strength or endurance sport and this applies to everyone who stands on the podium.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2013, 08:16:43 PM »
There are probably only six or eight guys that can win the Tour de France and all are taking the same shit.  Lance's shit wasn't any better than anyone else's, he just outworked everyone else and wanted it more and was willing to endure more pain.  Pick any strength or endurance sport and this applies to everyone who stands on the podium.

We have a winner. Absolutely correct.

a

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2013, 08:53:33 PM »
There are probably only six or eight guys that can win the Tour de France and all are taking the same shit.  Lance's shit wasn't any better than anyone else's, he just outworked everyone else and wanted it more and was willing to endure more pain.  Pick any strength or endurance sport and this applies to everyone who stands on the podium.

this whole paragraph has absolutely NOTHING to do with what i wrote.  i couldn't care less about who "won" some shitty cycling competition.  if it were up to me, all PED would be completely legal in every country and sporting organization.  the only thing i'm talking about is the false ideas these scammers promote in place of the truth -- PED + natural ability are the critical factors that are not spoken of, NOT protein powders and rep schemes.  Over and over and over kids hear "train hard, eat right" when in most cases they are training plenty hard, and eating just fine... conveniently lance and friends forgot to tell them about the grams of shit you have to inject and the fact that not everyone is born a special little snowflake.

The bolded part shows you have absolutely no fucking clue what you're talking about.  Lance won because he "endured more pain" than everyone else... ahahahahahahahah christian thinking at its finest.  If you think for one second that runners up 2-10 lost to lance because they lacked the willpower to "fight through the pain", you are delusional beyond belief.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #134 on: January 19, 2013, 01:00:55 AM »
this whole paragraph has absolutely NOTHING to do with what i wrote.  i couldn't care less about who "won" some shitty cycling competition.  if it were up to me, all PED would be completely legal in every country and sporting organization.  the only thing i'm talking about is the false ideas these scammers promote in place of the truth -- PED + natural ability are the critical factors that are not spoken of, NOT protein powders and rep schemes.  Over and over and over kids hear "train hard, eat right" when in most cases they are training plenty hard, and eating just fine... conveniently lance and friends forgot to tell them about the grams of shit you have to inject and the fact that not everyone is born a special little snowflake.

The bolded part shows you have absolutely no fucking clue what you're talking about.  Lance won because he "endured more pain" than everyone else... ahahahahahahahah christian thinking at its finest.  If you think for one second that runners up 2-10 lost to lance because they lacked the willpower to "fight through the pain", you are delusional beyond belief.

We are also told you can do anything, women can do what men can do, Black men can do what White men can do, and this is proven false (100 metre sprints). They don't promote anything, they go as hard as they can then make a decision if they want to keep going or give up. They can't say they juice, Lance didn't create the world full of dumbshits, he just played the game.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2013, 06:44:56 AM »

So you want to tell kids they have to juice right from the start if they want to make it big?  Yeah okay, why not tell them that Santa Claus is a lie when they are six years old. 

Why do you think Ronnie was the GOAT? Watch his training sessions and compare them to Dillets. Now you know what hard work means.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2013, 06:56:18 AM »
So you want to tell kids they have to juice right from the start if they want to make it big?  Yeah okay, why not tell them that Santa Claus is a lie when they are six years old. 

Better to not tell kids their is a SANTA in the first place.  Have you ever questioned WHY people do this?
V

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2013, 06:57:42 AM »
what does oprah have to do with professional cycling and WADA?

i dont get the connection

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2013, 07:00:34 AM »

Why do you think Ronnie was the GOAT? Watch his training sessions and compare them to Dillets. Now you know what hard work means.

And yet Dillet was a better bodybuilder than other hundreds of thousands that worked their butts off. How does that compute?
from incomplete data

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2013, 07:05:53 AM »
The truly shitty thing Armstrong did was viciously go after and sue people who were right about his doping. He didn't just wave their statements off, he went after them with in court with gusto and in most cases won.

There was a nursing couple in a hospital that talked about the drug usage they heard Lance confessing to a doctor. They were fired, sued and found it difficult to find work. Scumbag move x 100!

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2013, 07:12:50 AM »
And yet Dillet was a better bodybuilder than other hundreds of thousands that worked their butts off. How does that compute?

Dillet never won anything that matters, although I wouldn't mind having his pyhsique (white version) ;D

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2013, 07:14:02 AM »
Better to not tell kids their is a SANTA in the first place.  Have you ever questioned WHY people do this?

World economy would collapse without Christmas. ;D

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2013, 07:22:53 AM »
Dillet never won anything that matters, although I wouldn't mind having his pyhsique (white version) ;D

I wouldn't mind having her, physique and all. ;D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2013, 08:03:23 AM »
You are missing his point. He chose 2 guys with pretty even genetics and one guy got more cause of work ethics. Or put it this way if 2 people have even genetics and have the same stats and are juiced to gills, basically all things being even then the one who works harder will get slightly better results.

What Orion is trying to say is that everyone is juiced at the top of any field and everyone has amazing genetics at the top of every field, in fact it is pretty even up there among the top guys so workload and discipline will make a difference. We know this to be true cause often when you see a guy that is placing well in any particular field and then has a bad year, slips several places, obviously he did not slip a few placings due to taking less juice. He slipped because he slacked off.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #144 on: January 19, 2013, 08:10:14 AM »
The truly shitty thing Armstrong did was viciously go after and sue people who were right about his doping. He didn't just wave their statements off, he went after them with in court with gusto and in most cases won.

There was a nursing couple in a hospital that talked about the drug usage they heard Lance confessing to a doctor. They were fired, sued and found it difficult to find work. Scumbag move x 100!
Yes 100% agree. Fuck he is still a hero ped or not, who cares, he did not do anything different then any other cyclist but he is a piece of shit for suing people. He should have just ignored them, so I disagree with you Rome about sumbag move x100, more like scumbag move x 1 000 000  :D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2013, 08:17:37 AM »
Yeah okay, why not tell them that Santa Claus is a lie when they are six years old. 

World economy would collapse without Christmas. ;D

The whole SANTA thing is a can of worms, but essentially their are ways to promote generosity without deceiving Children.  It has been shown that children become more deceitful once they discover they have been duped by their parents and the rest of society.  This is a morally questionable behaviour by the people entrusted to raise and help guide a child to become an ethical human being.

Notice that the deceit about Santa Claus is part of a larger pattern: the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy, being the two main other culprits. Together with these other incidents, the child is likely to draw the inference that lying is thought to be permissible in many cases beyond the Santa Claus situation. The safe option is to not lie about Santa Claus. Not lying to the child about something has no tendency to encourage the child to lie in areas beyond the mere Santa Claus case. Inviting the child to pretend there is a Santa Claus involves no element of deceit whatsoever. It therefore has no danger of leading the child to lie more.
V

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #146 on: January 19, 2013, 09:01:04 AM »
If everybody cheats suddenly it becomes not cheating??? Cheating is still cheating no matter how many (whether it is one or all) are doing it.

I see your point...The baseball Hall of Fame is keeping people out who used steroids...They call it cheating...However, almost everyone in the baseball hall of fame are cheaters themselves by today's standards because of all the speed/coke etc they used. Let alone how almost all the power hitters used illegal corked bats. Point being, everyone in professional sports looks for a competitive edge. 

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2013, 09:08:46 AM »
You are missing his point. He chose 2 guys with pretty even genetics and one guy got more cause of work ethics. Or put it this way if 2 people have even genetics and have the same stats and are juiced to gills, basically all things being even then the one who works harder will get slightly better results.

What Orion is trying to say is that everyone is juiced at the top of any field and everyone has amazing genetics at the top of every field, in fact it is pretty even up there among the top guys so workload and discipline will make a difference. We know this to be true cause often when you see a guy that is placing well in any particular field and then has a bad year, slips several places, obviously he did not slip a few placings due to taking less juice. He slipped because he slacked off.

Yes, what I meant to say, Thanx

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #148 on: January 19, 2013, 09:28:03 AM »
you can workout like a madman for 10 years straight in the prime of your life

without peds you will hardly look like anything

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #149 on: January 19, 2013, 09:57:25 AM »
you can workout like a madman for 10 years straight in the prime of your life

without peds you will hardly look like anything

Yes, and the Weiders will continue to publish magazines that tell unwary 15 year olds that if they spend their allowance money on the newest Weider snake oil, they will look like Mr. Olympia if they just "work" hard enough.

Despicable lying thieves.