Author Topic: Old school standing shoulder presses  (Read 20937 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Old school standing shoulder presses
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2013, 04:38:26 AM »
fair enough... but all things being equal, KISS is a good place to start and a good foundation to go back to as needed

IMO
Ok wooo no probs...

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2013, 06:24:24 AM »
         WOOO, there is nothing wrong with the KISS principle and it's actually sound advice. BUT.... you have to consider your audience (this isn't intended at you). When you have someone come on here who has been training for 3 months and is looking to overcomplicate things, yes KISS is great advice. But when you have people here with a lot of productive training experience, 5,10,20,30 years, and you tell that to them over and over, it sounds extremely condescending. I guess it can work if you are proven expert in the training field and everyone knows who you are. Even a picture or a video to at least show people that you yourself have been applying your own advice with results that speak for themselves. But when you are an anonymous poster on a forum that doesn't go over so well.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2013, 07:10:14 AM »
        WOOO, there is nothing wrong with the KISS principle and it's actually sound advice. BUT.... you have to consider your audience (this isn't intended at you). When you have someone come on here who has been training for 3 months and is looking to overcomplicate things, yes KISS is great advice. But when you have people here with a lot of productive training experience, 5,10,20,30 years, and you tell that to them over and over, it sounds extremely condescending. I guess it can work if you are proven expert in the training field and everyone knows who you are. Even a picture or a video to at least show people that you yourself have been applying your own advice with results that speak for themselves. But when you are an anonymous poster on a forum that doesn't go over so well.

Meh. I'm relatively anonymous. I live by the "ya take some, ya leave some" principle.

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2013, 08:54:19 AM »
   There is nothing wrong with anonymous, people participate in an online forum any way they choose.
But when someone always has advice and never any questions for other members, and it comes off in a condescending tone for multiple people reading it, the individual comes off as a know-it-all expert, an anonymous know-it-all expert.   

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2013, 11:14:34 AM »
Sorry I hurt the feeling of some of the more sensitive members of GB. If they would just read (and not read into) what my post say, perhaps things would be different.  I don't always stress K.I.S.S. (but it can be a good policy) or anything else. No matter if I did, make up our own minds, not what I or anyone else may suggest. I have said this over and over again, for many years now.

Rereading Yev33's post: always been anonymous on GB. Am a very private person and don't need 15 minutes of fame, or shame, on a web site. Hard to understand for a lot of people who post on here. My main pursuit in life is not to have any deep personal information or pictures of myself on the internet or anywhere else. I know some who are attention whores can be puzzled by that. I have no photos of myself, during workouts., or will ever pose for any. I train at a semi private gym. And other times at college gyms (a few..I travel a lot at certain time of the year). Non do I have any photos of men training or in a near state of undress, while working out or posing.

Never claimed to be any expert. But do have hands on experience and have come in contact with many people more knowledge than myself, with regards to sports medicine and training expertise. Always time to learn, though thing are still pretty basic in BB'ing/lifting. The law of cause, recovery and effect when it comes to training.

To my man WOOO: Yes, ya take some, ya leave some. And it's nobody's business but your own.  

For people who have formed a dislike for me, or even a grudge: Oh Well, do what you want..being low key, I don't care either way. It's your life, dislike anybody or anything you want. But do try to understand the person before hand.

Good Luck.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2013, 08:14:54 PM »
Some folks come here looking for information and help.
Others come here to offer it.
Some - like me - engage in both, but neither can exist without the other.

The diversity is what makes this board productive, and no member should ever be put down for his/her contributions; whatever they may be, provided they constructively fall into one of the categories above.

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2013, 08:22:58 PM »
Some folks come here looking for information and help.
Others come here to offer it.
Some - like me - engage in both, but neither can exist without the other.

The diversity is what makes this board productive, and no member should ever be put down for his/her contributions; whatever they may be, provided they constructively fall into one of the categories above.

Thank you for posting this and putting things back into perspective. I agree 100%.

WOOO, I apologize for taking your thread off track.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2013, 02:30:56 AM »
Thank you for posting this and putting things back into perspective. I agree 100%.

WOOO, I apologize for taking your thread off track.

Dude. This is Getbig. No apologies required ever.

Fuck yeah.