Author Topic: Ed Schultz Claims U.S. Has ‘Never Had a Civilian Stop a Shooting’  (Read 2207 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Ed Schultz Claims U.S. Has ‘Never Had a Civilian Stop a Shooting’
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 05:10:53 PM »
not really, but I was making a point (on the thread about the 2nd amendment) about what was actually available to an individual at the time it was written

maybe we should only allow people to have guns in they are part of a "well regulated militia"

I'm a bit tired of any form of restriction/regulation/enforcement being conflated to "they want to ban all guns"

It's getting old
Do you really think when the 2nd Amendment was written that they wrote it to only intend firearms of the time?  Advancement of firearms was actively going on at that time.

And it's not hard to find major opinions wanting to outright ban guns.  It's also not hard to see a progression of laws as we go along restricting them more and more.  You can't make statements like this based on what's happening right now.  You have to guage the timeline on this and the direction it's going.  Banned completely 25 years from now is banned now to me.  The fight to keep our gun rights is a good one and if we were not putting up this fight, I promise you, the no guns allowed crowd would win out real fast.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 05:46:56 PM »
Do you really think when the 2nd Amendment was written that they wrote it to only intend firearms of the time?  Advancement of firearms was actively going on at that time.

And it's not hard to find major opinions wanting to outright ban guns.  It's also not hard to see a progression of laws as we go along restricting them more and more.  You can't make statements like this based on what's happening right now.  You have to guage the timeline on this and the direction it's going.  Banned completely 25 years from now is banned now to me.  The fight to keep our gun rights is a good one and if we were not putting up this fight, I promise you, the no guns allowed crowd would win out real fast.

I have no info that they intended anything other than what was available at the time

I don't know what "major opinions" you're referring to but I've never said I'm in a favor of an outright ban on guns nor does it have any public support

It seems like the right can't look at any form of legislation without equating it with an outright ban

I personally have no time or patience for that kind of nonsense

If other what to spend their time conflating some legislation to "total ban" that's their business

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 06:02:06 PM »
I personally have no time or patience for that kind of nonsense
Oh, I'm sorry your highness....  I didn't mean to bug you with this. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 06:32:04 PM »
Oh, I'm sorry your highness....  I didn't mean to bug you with this. 

you're not personally bugging me but it's been the same nonsense over and over again for the last month

any talk of doing anything = they want to ban all guns

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2013, 07:10:42 PM »
you're not personally bugging me but it's been the same nonsense over and over again for the last month

any talk of doing anything = they want to ban all guns

You at least have to understand why they are doing this.  If you look at the timeline of events in both activism and legislation, it clearly shows a progression toward all out gun bans at some point.  If people don't fight against it now, what's the point?  You don't fight it after it happens, you fight it before it happens.  You can't be mad at people for doing that.  especially in an era where our government is happy to make major changes in the blink of an eye and that's true, they do.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 07:17:17 PM »
You at least have to understand why they are doing this.  If you look at the timeline of events in both activism and legislation, it clearly shows a progression toward all out gun bans at some point.  If people don't fight against it now, what's the point?  You don't fight it after it happens, you fight it before it happens.  You can't be mad at people for doing that.  especially in an era where our government is happy to make major changes in the blink of an eye and that's true, they do.
he see's it hugo he just simply doesnt care, youre talking to a person that doesnt see an issue with an all out ban.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2013, 07:23:43 PM »
he see's it hugo he just simply doesnt care, youre talking to a person that doesnt see an issue with an all out ban.

I honestly think you're right.  I personally know people that just don't believe it matters.  I find it extremely disappointing/dangerous...

"They'll still have the right to hunt........."

::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2013, 07:30:16 PM »
I honestly think you're right.  I personally know people that just don't believe it matters.  I find it extremely disappointing/dangerous...

"They'll still have the right to hunt........."

you remember that idiotic comment whatever the girl's name is on CNN pierce something made along the lines of the govt has nukes so it basically negates the argument that we need assault rifles to protect ourselves from tyrannical govt since we couldnt if we tried?

LOL straw made basically the same argument except without the nukes comment.

He simply doesnt care if we have guns or not.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2013, 08:01:20 PM »
You at least have to understand why they are doing this.  If you look at the timeline of events in both activism and legislation, it clearly shows a progression toward all out gun bans at some point.  If people don't fight against it now, what's the point?  You don't fight it after it happens, you fight it before it happens.  You can't be mad at people for doing that.  especially in an era where our government is happy to make major changes in the blink of an eye and that's true, they do.

I don't see that at all

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2013, 08:10:04 PM »
I don't see that at all

of course you don't

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2013, 08:15:44 PM »
I don't see that at all

That is because you are a mental case. .

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2013, 08:32:10 PM »
I don't see that at all

so in youre mind there is no reason at all to oppose any form of gun legislation?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2013, 09:42:42 PM »
so in youre mind there is no reason at all to oppose any form of gun legislation?

wtf is wrong with your brain

how did you arrive at that conclusion?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 09:50:32 PM »
of course you don't

feel free to connect the dots for me

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 10:01:36 PM »
Assault rifles killed less than 320 people in a nation of 312,000,000 (many of which were probably gang related).

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 10:14:19 PM »
Assault rifles killed less than 320 people in a nation of 312,000,000 (many of which were probably gang related).

yep

I still don't agree with Hugo's point of view that

If you look at the timeline of events in both activism and legislation, it clearly shows a progression toward all out gun bans at some point

I don't see the path/progression to an all out gun ban

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 10:17:25 PM »
yep

I still don't agree with Hugo's point of view that

I don't see the path/progression to an all out gun ban

Why are they pushing so hard to ban assault weapons if that obviously won't achieve anything?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2013, 11:53:04 PM »
In Straws world, only amendments he disagrees with are subject to the technological, moral and historical circumstances which surrounded the creation of the Constitution.

If Straws sanctimonious idiocy were applied to the constitution as a whole, the result would be quite remarkable.  Women would not be able to vote, blacks would still be slaves, etc.

I suppose Police Officers would also have to wear muskets attached to their uniforms.

Brilliant Liberal Utopia.

The assault weapons ban is a transparent attempt to destroy the second amendment-- nothing more, nothing less. Newton will succeed where Fast and Furious failed. This is only the beginning.