Author Topic: Your President, Barack Obama-23 Directives to Address Gun Control  (Read 10580 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Your President, Barack Obama-23 Directives to Address Gun Control
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 11:48:09 AM »
Not what I meant, genius.  ::) ::) Think a little more deeply about the statement.

Your statement is as fucking stupid as the majority of your posts are. If one amendment should be altered as time changes, then they'll eventually make the argument that every amendment can be altered.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Obama releases 23 exec actions on guns
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 11:48:48 AM »
Which of these do you support, which do you think are wrong?

The following is a list, provided by the White House, of executive actions President Obama plans to take to address gun violence.

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Obama releases 23 exec actions on guns
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 11:54:10 AM »
I have heard a lot about obama coming for assault weapons, hig-cap mags, etc. 

Are these changes disguised under one of these numbers?  Vaguely written in somewhere?  that's what I suspect.

it appears the NRA has supported many or most of these.  "Place an SRO officer at every school" was their #1 talking point, and Obama adopted it!

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 11:54:24 AM »
It is illegal dimwit. This asshole because he THINKS he's president, is beyond the law and can write it on his own with no consent as he see fit. Even the president (according to the CONSTITUTION) has rules and laws to follow.

it is well within his rights and has been enacted a record low amount of times in his tenure. Meaning Bush did this more, Reagan also.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2013, 11:55:53 AM »

Are these changes disguised under one of these numbers?  Vaguely written in somewhere?  that's what I suspect.

it appears the NRA has supported many or most of these.  "Place an SRO officer at every school" was their #1 talking point, and Obama adopted it!

Please stop talking. He wants the AWB ban reinstated and he wants high capacity magazines banned. The only reason he isn't going to get it is because of Congress. That does not change the fact that he's trying to get them banned and has indicated he plans to use what's left of his campaign network to get it.

You claimed he would never come after the guns. You lied.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 11:57:27 AM »
It is illegal dimwit. This asshole because he THINKS he's president, is beyond the law and can write it on his own with no consent as he see fit. Even the president (according to the CONSTITUTION) has rules and laws to follow.

Bush fucking dwarfs everyone in number of executive orders, dude smashes everyone by a country mile, he made so many EO's that they don't fit on one page of text.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2013, 12:01:01 PM »
Please stop talking. He wants the AWB ban reinstated and he wants high capacity magazines banned. The only reason he isn't going to get it is because of Congress. That does not change the fact that he's trying to get them banned and has indicated he plans to use what's left of his campaign network to get it.

You claimed he would never come after the guns. You lied.

how is any of that "coming after your guns"

you'll still have guns when all is said and done and I expect Obama will try to get an AWB and ban on high capacity magazines and if he does it won't effect your life one single bit

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2013, 12:01:53 PM »
Your statement is as fucking stupid as the majority of your posts are. If one amendment should be altered as time changes, then they'll eventually make the argument that every amendment can be altered.

haha, the majority of my posts? I rarely make posts pertaining to a specific side. I just post what is out there in the news. People can make what they want of it. As for my other posts, most of them are trolling. Keeps it interesting. I actually have no stake in the gun debate. I post these articles, as well as most of my posts, because of the reaction it gets.

Other than that, I really do not try too hard to make such a great statement on GB. But hey, if making awesome posts on GB makes you feel proud, more power to you.

As for altering the constitution, your statement may be true. People may alter one amendment, thus creating a snowball effect where all other amendments become altered. However, I would like to think that, for the most part, this would not be the case. Then again, politicians are not logical or rationale people, soo......

X

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2013, 12:06:10 PM »

you'll still have guns when all is said and done and I expect Obama will try to get an AWB and ban on high capacity magazines and if he does it won't effect your life one single bit

240 said that Obama would never so much as broach the idea of gun control. He has. And the only reason he's not getting what he wants is that thankfully the Dems do not control all of Congress.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2013, 12:08:27 PM »
240 said that Obama would never so much as broach the idea of gun control. He has. And the only reason he's not getting what he wants is that thankfully the Dems do not control all of Congress.

ok - well I don't have all of Robs posts memorized

You might want to hold off on saying Obama is not getting what he wants until he actually tries to do something

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2013, 12:11:37 PM »
Which of these do you support, which do you think are wrong?

The following is a list, provided by the White House, of executive actions President Obama plans to take to address gun violence.

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

I see nothing on this list that should bother anyone

kind of nuts that we haven't had anyone in charge at the ATF for something like 6 years now

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2013, 12:14:04 PM »
The NRA actually supported many of those 23 things.   it's more about getting current law enforced, keeping guns outta the hands of bad guys.

If obama was banning high-caps and rifles with exec order, I'd be screaming louder than anyone.  But he didn't do that.  

I believe Reagan, Bush2, Clinton, and many other presidents have WANTED bands on high-caps and Assault rifles... Wanting it and passing it into law are two very different things.  I *want* to bone jessica alba on a daily basis.  Probably won't happen.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2013, 12:16:40 PM »
I have always said that politically, going after guns of americans will sink any political career. 
An incumbent POTUS doesn't have to worry bout that, but house and senate members sure do.

I didn't think Obama would go after guns - and in these exec orders, he did not. 

I'll ask again - with what items on that list do yall have a problem with? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 12:18:13 PM »
Which of the 23 do you guys disagree with?

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 12:19:17 PM »
While there are a few things on this list that might do some good (the ones regarding mental health) there's nothing on here that will that has anything to do with assault weapons as they are out of the reach of executive order and must go through congress which won't happen.

We'll see how it all plays out but hopefully I can finish my AR build now and buy some fucking ammo.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 12:23:25 PM »
240, do you have the actual list?  These are not worded like executive orders.

and start posting links please.

Some of the stuff looks silly to me...  Like directing the CDC to redirect their time/funds toward this?  Oh yea, that makes sense lol  ::)

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 12:30:07 PM »
Dang I meant to write your haha. I wouldn't say France, Germany, Spain, England, Italy etc have any genocides going on right now.

And if there was a word war III I don't see how students and teachers with handguns are going to help influence things either way? You don't have to ditch your nukes to irradicate one shitty part of the system. People used to think abolishing slavery would undermine the constitution and fuck up the whole constitution. Then progress, development, civilised thought etc prevailed.

Maybe you should look at some history books and read what happened in Vietnam and Afghanistan. Even bolt action rifles proved to be really good weapons against Armies turned into local Police overnight..
all drugs - TPPIIP

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2013, 01:00:48 PM »
240, do you have the actual list?  These are not worded like executive orders.

and start posting links please.

Some of the stuff looks silly to me...  Like directing the CDC to redirect their time/funds toward this?  Oh yea, that makes sense lol  ::)
Lol this shit reads like it was scribbled down on a napkin at 2 in the morning last night

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2013, 01:04:15 PM »
Lol this shit reads like it was scribbled down on a napkin at 2 in the morning last night
yea, it kinda reads like a shopping list lol..

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2013, 01:05:06 PM »

Lmfao so you agree that Obama wants an Awb but you disagree that he wants our guns?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2013, 01:25:54 PM »
Lmfao so you agree that Obama wants an Awb but you disagree that he wants our guns?

correct

you'll have plenty of other guns available to you if they put through a AWB

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2013, 01:28:41 PM »
Reagan, Carter and Ford all signed this letter supporting the 1994 AWB  :(

Bush2 supported it.  Clinton enacted it.  Obama supported it.  Romney signed one for mass that was even stricter.

At least obama is a very polarizing figure... a president romney might actually pushing for an AWB now... and many repubs would vote with him.  At least with obama behind it, we know it'll probably never reach House floor for a vote, as repubs are vowing to destroy it.

Obama will get his 23 little actions, but i'm sure GOP House keeps this bill from ever seeing senate much less obama's desk.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2013, 01:40:53 PM »

This is classic playing the fence by Obama. All of these things simply enforce laws that are currently in place. He had to do something to keep the hippy go free free anti gun crackaloos happy, but couldn't do anything substantial because he knows it would be deemed unconstitutional. He needs congress to make laws... the president cannot make laws for all those who think he can do whatever he wants.

And nothing substantial will get through congress either probably. The libtards will grandstand and blame the republicans for wanting to kill kids etc. right out of the play book. But in the mean time, voting to take away firearms is INSTANT LOSS of your seat in either the house or the senate, so no votes will even take place. Typical liberal nonsense... use a tragedy that happened under Obama and make it the republicans fault.
$

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2013, 01:48:55 PM »
correct

you'll have plenty of other guns available to you if they put through a AWB

He still wants to ban certain guns that ppl own and like.

You don't feel that coming after guns that ppl own is taking their guns?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2013, 01:53:24 PM »
This is classic playing the fence by Obama. All of these things simply enforce laws that are currently in place. He had to do something to keep the hippy go free free anti gun crackaloos happy, but couldn't do anything substantial because he knows it would be deemed unconstitutional. He needs congress to make laws... the president cannot make laws for all those who think he can do whatever he wants.

And nothing substantial will get through congress either probably. The libtards will grandstand and blame the republicans for wanting to kill kids etc. right out of the play book. But in the mean time, voting to take away firearms is INSTANT LOSS of your seat in either the house or the senate, so no votes will even take place. Typical liberal nonsense... use a tragedy that happened under Obama and make it the republicans fault.

good points.  Obama gets to pacify his base with rhetoric.  nothing changes.