Author Topic: Your President, Barack Obama-23 Directives to Address Gun Control  (Read 10582 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Your President, Barack Obama-23 Directives to Address Gun Control
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2013, 04:35:51 PM »
Really? Why? Why is it anyones business what is in my home if I'm a responsible and mentally stable adult?

in order to keep track of gun ownership

we keep track of lots of other stuff and there is nothing in the Constitution saying we can't keep track of who owns guns

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2013, 04:39:14 PM »

we keep track of lots of other stuff and there is nothing in the Constitution saying we can't keep track of who owns guns
Well sir, you can go fuck yourself. It's no ones business if I own a firearm or not, it's called privacy. As I said in another thread, how many black strap on dildos are in your wifes closet? Oh, wait, thats none of my business, right?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2013, 04:40:26 PM »
who do you think writes prescriptions and many doctors (GP's) talk to their clients about drugs, alcohol, depression etc..

spare me the lame arguments about cars

why not just stick with hammers if you want to make dumb arguments
yes mental health professionals prescribe medicine for depression, alcohol etc...GP's do not!!!

you have to be diagnosed, a GP does not have the ability to diagnose someone with depression.

the care argument holds just as much water as your gun arguments brainchild

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2013, 04:42:00 PM »
Well sir, you can go fuck yourself. It's no ones business if I own a firearm or not, it's called privacy. As I said in another thread, how many black strap on dildos are in your wifes closet? Oh, wait, thats none of my business, right?

you sound like a man all out of arguments

we keep track of who own cars don't we

why is that not a violation of your privacy

we keep track of medical devices and I'm sure plenty of other stuff

where is the outrage about your privacy being violated

Doesn't the public have a right to know who in their community is stockpiling deadly weapons

Why do you think you privacy is more important than public safety

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2013, 04:42:09 PM »

HAHAHAH epic misunderstanding of the constitution...

The constitution lays out what powers the federal govt has, everything else is left to the states.

The constitution is not meant as a jumping board for govt power but a limit to, those powers not enumerated in the constitution to the federal govt are left to the states.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2013, 04:45:11 PM »
Who Can Prescribe Antidepressants?

Medical doctors (practitioners whose name is followed by MD or DO) have the ability to prescribe medications, including antidepressant drugs. Many people see their general physician, family physician or internist to discuss symptoms of depression and get a prescription for antidepressants. Physician's assistants (PA) may also prescribe these medications.

Read more: What Kind of Doctors Can Prescribe Depression Medication? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5575909_kind-can-prescribe-depression-medication.html#ixzz2IBmwbliZ

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2013, 04:49:12 PM »
Who Can Prescribe Antidepressants?

Medical doctors (practitioners whose name is followed by MD or DO) have the ability to prescribe medications, including antidepressant drugs. Many people see their general physician, family physician or internist to discuss symptoms of depression and get a prescription for antidepressants. Physician's assistants (PA) may also prescribe these medications.

Read more: What Kind of Doctors Can Prescribe Depression Medication? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5575909_kind-can-prescribe-depression-medication.html#ixzz2IBmwbliZ
good to know, this is part of the problem in our mental health system.

This should be the tenant of the gun violence reduction legislation. These ppl should be seeing qualified mental health professionals not GP's. This is like taking your car to the car wash and having them look at your engine.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2013, 04:50:21 PM »
you sound like a man all out of arguments

we keep track of who own cars don't we

why is that not a violation of your privacy

we keep track of medical devices and I'm sure plenty of other stuff

where is the outrage about your privacy being violated

Doesn't the public have a right to know who in their community is stockpiling deadly weapons

Why do you think you privacy is more important than public safety
Not out of arguments, just not wasting anymore time discussing such things when we both know that nothing either of us says is going to change our opinions, so why bother? To me, you sound like an insane man, perfectly ok with letting the government into your house, which I am not ok with.

I've learned long ago that arguing with you is like arguing with a wall, so now I just say my peace and let it go.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2013, 04:51:03 PM »
Nope.
The bill of rights, including the 2nd are all changes to the consitution.  So clearly it does get changed as time goes along. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2013, 04:51:36 PM »
Not out of arguments, just not wasting anymore time discussing such things when we both know that nothing either of us says is going to change our opinions, so why bother? To me, you sound like an insane man, perfectly ok with letting the government into your house, which I am not ok with.

I've learned long ago that arguing with you is like arguing with a wall, so now I just say my peace and let it go.
that stems from him not understanding the constitution....

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2013, 05:00:04 PM »
person is being treated for depression
person is on mood altering drugs
small kids in the home
kids with specific issues (like the shooter in CT)
person has a history of alcohol or drug abuse

that took about ten seconds

I'm sure there are many more

The problem with this line of reasoning is that it makes people guilty before they've committed a crime.  You can have all those "disorders" and a firearm in the house and NEVER break the law.  But those "risks" thrown into a computer database being perused by a beauracrat could end you up on a list that compromises your liberties.

Maybe you think the government can be trusted with those type of powers and information but I don't.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2013, 05:49:43 PM »
Nothing the president put forth today would have prevented the school shooting.
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2013, 05:52:34 PM »
HAHAHAH epic misunderstanding of the constitution...

The constitution lays out what powers the federal govt has, everything else is left to the states.

The constitution is not meant as a jumping board for govt power but a limit to, those powers not enumerated in the constitution to the federal govt are left to the states.

feel free to show me where in the Constitution it says the government is prohibited from keeping track of firearms or anything else

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2013, 05:59:23 PM »
Merrian Webster's definition of "Straw Man"

: a weak or imaginary opposition (as an argument or adversary) set up only to be easily confuted

: a person set up to serve as a cover for a usually questionable transaction

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2013, 06:22:00 PM »
I don't have a problem right now, but I'm waiting for the full draft to be picked apart to see if anything is hidden in there. Also, we have to see how his administration carries out these directives, they might be trying to lull gun owners into feeling safe. Executive orders wouldn't effect much aside from firearms imports, but if they can stack the ATF in their favor, they could slowly change things through reclassifications, etc......

Right now, they know they don't have enough support for wide spread measures, so they are probably hanging back. The big gun control battle is shaping up in the individual states, I guarantee we'll see a lot of Democrat controlled states adopt NY style gun control measures.  

Also they might also be waiting to see if they can tilt the Scotus. Many of the Supreme Court Justices are very old and close to retirement. Right now, it is only a tiny bit pro 2nd amendment. If the democrats can gain control of those seats, it gets a whole lot rougher to challenge any new gun laws.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2013, 06:30:47 PM »
Merrian Webster's definition of "Straw Man"

: a weak or imaginary opposition (as an argument or adversary) set up only to be easily confuted

: a person set up to serve as a cover for a usually questionable transaction

Basic Republican strategy which is why I chose the name

You'll see it used often where the "defender" takes the topic at hand and changes it to something else and then argues against the changed topic or "straw man" and pretends he/she is arguing against the original topic

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2013, 07:21:21 PM »
feel free to show me where in the Constitution it says the government is prohibited from keeping track of firearms or anything else
AGAIN understand the CONSTITUTION!!!

the constitution lays out what the federal govt can do, anything not enumerated to the federal govt is left to the state govt.

I dont have to show you where it says it cant, you have to show us where it says it can BRAINCHILD!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2013, 07:51:15 PM »
O-POFS is not my president - not now - not ever 

Fuck obama

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2013, 07:54:24 PM »
AGAIN understand the CONSTITUTION!!!

the constitution lays out what the federal govt can do, anything not enumerated to the federal govt is left to the state govt.

I dont have to show you where it says it cant, you have to show us where it says it can BRAINCHILD!!!

are you fucking serious

watch the government made a national registry of all gun owners

nothing stopping them - not even your fucking retarded beliefs about The Constitution

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2013, 07:55:22 PM »
are you fucking serious

nothing stopping them - not even your fucking retarded beliefs about The Constitution

O-HITLER is not my president not now not ever. 

F you and F him   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2013, 07:57:10 PM »
The problem with this line of reasoning is that it makes people guilty before they've committed a crime.  You can have all those "disorders" and a firearm in the house and NEVER break the law.  But those "risks" thrown into a computer database being perused by a beauracrat could end you up on a list that compromises your liberties.

Maybe you think the government can be trusted with those type of powers and information but I don't.

guilty of what?

all it says it that they are not prohibited from asking about guns

that's it

no requirement to ask
no requirement to document
no requirement to answer

this is not a way to track guns (and if it were it would suck)

It's most likely nothing more than remind doctors they can bring up the topic if they think it's a potential health concern to the patient

frankly I'm stunned we don't already keep track of every single gun in this country already

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2013, 07:59:50 PM »
O-HITLER is not my president not now not ever. 

F you and F him   

he is most definitely your President

hopefully Cuomo's new gun laws will include a way that the public can report potentially mentally damaged people who own guns

I will look forward to pointing them in your direction

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2013, 08:00:19 PM »
are you fucking serious

Im dead serious you moron, Im not saying they cant brain child Im saying that simply b/c I cant show where it says they cant doesnt mean they can...

Even if the constitution doesnt say they cant isnt enough brainchild, once again the constitution outlines the power of the federal govt anything not specifically given to the federal govt. is left to the states.

is this seriously the first time youve heard this?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2013, 08:08:00 PM »
he is most definitely your President

hopefully Cuomo's new gun laws will include a way that the public can report potentially mentally damaged people who own guns

I will look forward to pointing them in your direction

Coke to my address and try to disarm me you communist pofs. 

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2013, 12:31:10 AM »
  Constitutional arguments aside, the directives and other gun control initiatives is nothing more than an emotional response to a tragic shooting devoid of logic and reasoning.  It exists simply to placate the bent out of shape gun control masses and talking media heads.

These new directives will not affect violent crime rates or even criminal acts committed with a gun.  Ownership and/or "proliferation" of guns have little to nothing to do with violent crime rates.  To the normal American, it just seems an obvious answer........the same thinking people have in believing that more police patrolling in their vehicles reduces crime (it doesn't).  Violent crime rates are concentrated primarily within inner city minority groups, who unsurprisingly, have the lowest rates of gun ownership.  There are many reasons why violent crimes happen(poverty, education, family structure, etc..), however, gun control laws do little to affect it.

The largest school massacre occurred in 1927...from a guy using dynamite.  What if Adam Lanza did not have access to his mother's legally acquired guns?  What if the Virginia Tech shooter did not have guns?  What if James Holmes did not have guns?  Maybe nothing, or perhaps they'd use homemade explosives, molotov cocktails, or a chemical weapon, all of which are relatively easy and cheap to make.  

Violent crime rates have continued to fall in the past few decades across the US and again....it has nothing to do with gun control.  Even that idiot Guiliani tried to take claim for the crime decreases in NYC while he was mayor....his initiatives did shit but the statistics went in his favor.