Author Topic: Ray Nagin "N.O. gonna be a Chocolate City" BUSTED for corruption and bribery  (Read 5528 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/01/former_mayor_ray_nagin_charged.html

LOL!!!!

This guy was a piece of shit, incompetent and stupid and corrupt.

He was one of the main reasons that the N.O. police department was so corrupt and useless. It was getting cleaned up and remade until Ole' Ray took over, fired the police chief, hired a buddy (because he was black, correct me if I'm wrong) and the new chief was just as corrupt as the mayor.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
This guy was a piece of shit, incompetent and stupid and corrupt.

He was one of the main reasons that the N.O. police department was so corrupt and useless. It was getting cleaned up and remade until Ole' Ray took over, fired the police chief, hired a buddy (because he was black, correct me if I'm wrong) and the new chief was just as corrupt as the mayor.

Remember when he refused to allow non-union drivers to use the busses to get the people out of there? 

Nagin and Blanco were the two biggest assholes in the katrina screwup. 

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Criticizing him or pointing out his alleged crimes makes you a racist. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
A corrupt Louisiana politician ?

Shocking

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Nagin was always a thug. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Nagin was always a thug. 

you think everyone is a thug

every time you say it you sound like a pussy

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
you think everyone is a thug

every time you say it you sound like a pussy

What is your annual household income if you don't mind me asking?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
What is your annual household income if you don't mind me asking?

I've mentioned it on this site in the past

why do you want to know?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
I've mentioned it on this site in the past

why do you want to know?

Just tryin to solidify what I already think of Obama supporters/those who voted for him. Trust me, as a business owner, I want him to succeed now that he's in office. I didn't vote for him, but now that the election craze is over, I want him to succeed. That said, I can't see how anyone who makes over 100 grand a year votes for someone like that. I'm not even close to rich, but my wife and I made just under 300k this year, and no one I associate with who makes money like we do, or more, voted for the guy. I do however find it funny, that some people who make sub 40k a year, are in the same socio economic class as the people they dislike, and didnt vote for him. I can understand where someone who is young and makes over 75k and is hungry to make more would not vote democratic, because they see their potential. Anyway, I feel the people who are in the 100k range combined, see that as some magic number. That if you make over a certain amount you are doing it at the expense of someone else, or that you don't need that much. Anyway, just a question to see if you fit my preconceived notion of an intelligent Obama supporter, because I know you clearly aren't some ghetto welfare junky.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Just tryin to solidify what I already think of Obama supporters/those who voted for him. Trust me, as a business owner, I want him to succeed now that he's in office. I didn't vote for him, but now that the election craze is over, I want him to succeed. That said, I can't see how anyone who makes over 100 grand a year votes for someone like that. I'm not even close to rich, but my wife and I made just under 300k this year, and no one I associate with who makes money like we do, or more, voted for the guy. I do however find it funny, that some people who make sub 40k a year, are in the same socio economic class as the people they dislike, and didnt vote for him. I can understand where someone who is young and makes over 75k and is hungry to make more would not vote democratic, because they see their potential. Anyway, I feel the people who are in the 100k range combined, see that as some magic number. That if you make over a certain amount you are doing it at the expense of someone else, or that you don't need that much. Anyway, just a question to see if you fit my preconceived notion of an intelligent Obama supporter, because I know you clearly aren't some ghetto welfare junky.

I'm self employed as well and have been since I was 24 (I'm 46 now)
Always  six figures and in decent/good years multiple six figures
Nothing to really brag about.  I live in the bay area and many people make 100k + and most couples that I know make 200k +

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
I'm self employed as well and have been since I was 24 (I'm 46 now)
Always  six figures and in decent/good years multiple six figures
Nothing to really brag about.  I live in the bay area and many people make 100k + and most couples that I know make 200k +

Ok, fair enough, you shattered my expectation. Can I ask, why are you a supporter of someone who gives handouts, while obviously hard working yourself? Not attacking, as I know you can't catch the inflection from a post.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Ok, fair enough, you shattered my expectation. Can I ask, why are you a supporter of someone who gives handouts, while obviously hard working yourself? Not attacking, as I know you can't catch the inflection from a post.

what handouts are you specifically referring to?

I think Romney would have been a disaster for the economy and especially RE Market (both of which are doing much better than when Obama took office).  BTW - I think Dodd Frank sucks but putting that aside I think the Dems have done a better job with the economy and would continue to do so compared to Repubs

Too long to go into right now but I chose Obama primarily for those reasons and secondarily for because I'm in more more agreement with Dems on social issues than Repubs

Thirdly I think Romney and Repubs would have been a disaster on foreign policy

Basically there isn't a damn thing I think Romney would have done better than Obama and as I mentioned above I think he could have been MUCH worse (kind of like Bush was MUCH worse for the country than Clinton)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
You asked "what handouts", and then said you agree with dems on social issues. That's probably what I was referring to by handouts. I don't like these programs that offer handouts to the lazy. And I know corporations get huge handouts/kickbacks, but at least they are putting into the economy, and providing jobs.

I may not have agreed with everything Romney was for, but I see this country taking a wrong turn, and believed the "steering wheel" needed to be yanked back in another direction.

That said, you are a business owner, what type of business, and do you have employees?  I ask, because I have a construction related company, and have 7 employees. I see these guys day in and day out, and the reason they are where they are is because they are not my equal. I know it sounds bad on paper, but it's true. Whatever reason, I was born with a different skillset than them.  I have one guy, who I paid for him to get his GED, yet still doesn't put forth effort. I have guys that get rides to work everyday, because of broken cars, yet they spend money on cigarettes and beer. I am not a tyrannical boss, as I gave them all the week between Christmas and New Years off with pay, and gave them cash bonuses which I paid the taxes on. They will ask for advances on their checks, knowing I will charge interest(because it come direct from me), yet they still do it. As good as I am to them, giving them this, plus paid vacation and sick time, and they still bitch. I've had three people stay with me constantly, and they get their rewards(they take home good money), but the others are a constant turnover. I guess I just don't have sympathy for people, because I know what it takes to succeed and I know what I put in. Btw, I'm 31, and maybe this is too you g to be this jaded, but it's hard sometimes.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
You asked "what handouts", and then said you agree with dems on social issues. That's probably what I was referring to by handouts. I don't like these programs that offer handouts to the lazy. And I know corporations get huge handouts/kickbacks, but at least they are putting into the economy, and providing jobs.

I may not have agreed with everything Romney was for, but I see this country taking a wrong turn, and believed the "steering wheel" needed to be yanked back in another direction.

That said, you are a business owner, what type of business, and do you have employees?  I ask, because I have a construction related company, and have 7 employees. I see these guys day in and day out, and the reason they are where they are is because they are not my equal. I know it sounds bad on paper, but it's true. Whatever reason, I was born with a different skillset than them.  I have one guy, who I paid for him to get his GED, yet still doesn't put forth effort. I have guys that get rides to work everyday, because of broken cars, yet they spend money on cigarettes and beer. I am not a tyrannical boss, as I gave them all the week between Christmas and New Years off with pay, and gave them cash bonuses which I paid the taxes on. They will ask for advances on their checks, knowing I will charge interest(because it come direct from me), yet they still do it. As good as I am to them, giving them this, plus paid vacation and sick time, and they still bitch. I've had three people stay with me constantly, and they get their rewards(they take home good money), but the others are a constant turnover. I guess I just don't have sympathy for people, because I know what it takes to succeed and I know what I put in. Btw, I'm 31, and maybe this is too you g to be this jaded, but it's hard sometimes.

by social issues I'm referring to access to abortion, healthcare, womens, rights, gay rights, etc...

I still don't know what handouts you're referring to

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
by social issues I'm referring to access to abortion, healthcare, womens, rights, gay rights, etc...

I still don't know what handouts you're referring to

Obamaphone, EBT, Section 8, medicaid, SSDI, food stamps, WIC, and on and on and on 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Obamaphone, EBT, Section 8, medicaid, SSDI, food stamps, WIC, and on and on and on 

I didn't ask you

I already know your delusions so let Irongrip speak for himself

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
I didn't ask you

I already know your delusions so let Irongrip speak for himself

I would say WIC, Medicaid, SS are all needed. No sense in letting people suffer, especially children, they didn't bring themselves into this world. But, the welfare programs, section 8 housing, and government waste in general need to be out in check. I do a lot of work on the government side, and the amount of waste is atrocious, and it's because no one is accountable for the screw ups. But yes, when I think handouts, I am talking about the programs I listed. And, it's not a racial thing. I'm white, but I don't think blacks are sub human, but I really think that culturally, through whatever the reasons, they tend to not be able to get out of the system once they are in, no one shows them. It is what causes the divide in the country. It's not about race, it's about class, but most in those situations are too ignorant or lazy to pull themselves out. I tell you what though, I would have no problem helpin the poor more (I donate a few grand a year to charities, not including furniture/clothing donations), if the government trimmed its fat. If we didn't have to give money to government waste, and I'm not talking military spending because that's necessary, but the over payment and inefficiency of our civil servants is out of control.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
I would say WIC, Medicaid, SS are all needed. No sense in letting people suffer, especially children, they didn't bring themselves into this world. But, the welfare programs, section 8 housing, and government waste in general need to be out in check. I do a lot of work on the government side, and the amount of waste is atrocious, and it's because no one is accountable for the screw ups. But yes, when I think handouts, I am talking about the programs I listed. And, it's not a racial thing. I'm white, but I don't think blacks are sub human, but I really think that culturally, through whatever the reasons, they tend to not be able to get out of the system once they are in, no one shows them. It is what causes the divide in the country. It's not about race, it's about class, but most in those situations are too ignorant or lazy to pull themselves out. I tell you what though, I would have no problem helpin the poor more (I donate a few grand a year to charities, not including donations), if the government trimmed its fat. If we didn't have to give money to government waste, and I'm not talking military spending because that's necessary, but the over payment and inefficiency of our civil servants is out of control.

X100

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
bump

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Section 8 housing started in 1937 and continued under every POTUS so no idea how that could be called an Obama handout

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
I have a construction related company, and have 7 employees. I see these guys day in and day out, and the reason they are where they are is because they are not my equal. I know it sounds bad on paper, but it's true. Whatever reason, I was born with a different skillset than them.  I have one guy, who I paid for him to get his GED, yet still doesn't put forth effort. I have guys that get rides to work everyday, because of broken cars, yet they spend money on cigarettes and beer. I am not a tyrannical boss, as I gave them all the week between Christmas and New Years off with pay, and gave them cash bonuses which I paid the taxes on. They will ask for advances on their checks, knowing I will charge interest(because it come direct from me), yet they still do it. As good as I am to them, giving them this, plus paid vacation and sick time, and they still bitch. I've had three people stay with me constantly, and they get their rewards(they take home good money), but the others are a constant turnover. I guess I just don't have sympathy for people, because I know what it takes to succeed and I know what I put in. Btw, I'm 31, and maybe this is too you g to be this jaded, but it's hard sometimes.

So are all people bad, or just the ones that work for you?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
So are all people bad, or just the ones that work for you?

No, not at all, they wouldn't work for me long if they were.  But, for one reason or another, whether it be bad choices made in adolescence (i.e. not finishing school, getting pregnant at 15 etc) or just a general lack of drive, there are people who decide to give up.  I guess the better question would be, is this the price paid for success or being successful.  That, because of the hierarchy of things, are there just always going to be haves/have nots, doers/do nots.  My employees aren't terrible people, I wouldn't hire them if they were.  I just don't get what makes some people have a drive to succeed, or have a sense of pride, and others just don't really care.  I hired a guy who had been in prison for 5 years for drug trafficking.  I tried to give him a chance, multiple chances, and the guy ended up screwing me over. But, that's not to say I wouldn't give another person with a checkered past a shot.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
Section 8 housing started in 1937 and continued under every POTUS so no idea how that could be called an Obama handout

I didn't call it an Obama handout, just that most on those type of assistance programs are supporters of his. Like I said in an earlier post, I don't think all of the programs are bad, nor do I think all of the people taking from those programs are shit bags, I just think it is time we take a look at some, if not all government spending if we really want to get out of the situation we are in.