Author Topic: A Training Log?  (Read 1826 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
A Training Log?
« on: January 19, 2013, 07:51:48 AM »
How many of you keep a detailed training log of sets,reps,training techniques and Diet ? I keep trying to keep a regular record of my workouts but i am very impulsive and i sometimes change my workouts half way through my workout !

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
Re: A Training Log?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 09:43:53 AM »
I keep a very simple log, with exercises, weights and reps. 

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 12:15:10 PM »
I keep a training log as well. It's for basic stuff mostly like sets/reps/weight. I will also make a note of something like a shoulder pain or any other kind of injury that might be coming on. Then I can always look back and see if I did anything specific to aggravate it.

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 02:36:55 PM »
I just keep a calendar next to my computer, write down what I have done everyday. Easy to glance down and see how lazy I gave been.  :D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 03:21:47 PM »
Good to see newbies getting into the iron game!! 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 05:35:38 PM »
How many of you keep a detailed training log of sets,reps,training techniques and Diet ? I keep trying to keep a regular record of my workouts but i am very impulsive and i sometimes change my workouts half way through my workout !

sounds like you don't have a plan.
sept 10th APF

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 02:46:45 AM »
sounds like you don't have a plan.
oh.. i do have a plan in my head. I have over the years kept written records but what i mean is i do sometimes more than other times or i will change things around depending how i feel, the order of exercises for example. I go really by my instinct. This is my way i suppose, some people stick to a given routine for months or even years if results are evident. I do not think a training log is carved in stone. Maybe for a pro yes it is a useful aid because small details are important. I can remember from week to week what weight i did and sets but true...what did i do 6 months ago??

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 11:00:22 AM »
I used to a long time ago when my workouts were more centered around hitting certain numbers.  When i was power lifting i always kept a log on most of my workouts.  These days almost all of my workouts are purely instinctive so i don't bother using a log.  I think it's a good way to track progress and stay motivated, but since i train more for endurance than strength these days i just base everything on how i feel and how i perform when it counts.

8)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 11:21:23 AM »
I have a written out plan for each day's workout but I've never tracked weights/sets. I do track my calories though.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 08:30:34 AM »
Keep a basic log of weight sets and reps achieved, i always make a note of how hard the set(s) were and put a + if I felt I handled the weight comfatably so I know to move up next time and a - if it was a struggle and I need to stick at that weight for another workout.

For diet I dont keep a log, but eat the same 6 days out of the week so I know what im consuming without a log