Author Topic: Meteorologists believe global warming "scare" is a sham  (Read 11927 times)

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
Meteorologists believe global warming "scare" is a sham
« on: January 20, 2013, 01:34:38 AM »
A recent survey of American Meteorological Society members shows meteorologists are skeptical that humans are causing a global warming crisis. The survey confirms what many scientists have been reporting for years; the politically focused bureaucratic leadership of many science organizations is severely out of touch with the scientists themselves regarding global warming issues.

According to American Meteorological Society (AMS) data, 89% of AMS meteorologists believe global warming is happening, but only a minority (30%) is very worried about global warming.

This sharp contrast between the large majority of meteorologists who believe global warming is happening and the modest minority who are nevertheless very worried about it is consistent with other scientist surveys. This contrast exposes global warming alarmists who assert that 97% of the world’s scientists agree humans are causing a global warming crisis simply because these scientists believe global warming is occurring. However, as this and other scientist surveys show, believing that some warming is occurring is not the same as believing humans are causing a worrisome crisis.

Other questions solidified the meteorologists’ skepticism about humans creating a global warming crisis. For example, among those meteorologists who believe global warming is happening, only a modest majority (59%) believe humans are the primary cause. More importantly, only 38% of respondents who believe global warming is occurring say it will be very harmful during the next 100 years.

With substantially fewer than half of meteorologists very worried about global warming or expecting substantial harm during the next 100 years, one has to wonder why environmental activist groups are sowing the seeds of global warming panic. Does anyone really expect our economy to be powered 100 years from now by the same energy sources we use today? Why immediately, severely, and permanently punish our economy with costly global warming restrictions when technological advances and the free market will likely address any such global warming concerns much more efficiently, economically and effectively?

Full story:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2012/03/14/shock-poll-meteorologists-are-global-warming-skeptics/

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Meteorologists believe global warming "scare" is a sham
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 02:08:39 AM »
A recent survey of American Meteorological Society members shows meteorologists are skeptical that humans are causing a global warming crisis. The survey confirms what many scientists have been reporting for years; the politically focused bureaucratic leadership of many science organizations is severely out of touch with the scientists themselves regarding global warming issues.

According to American Meteorological Society (AMS) data, 89% of AMS meteorologists believe global warming is happening, but only a minority (30%) is very worried about global warming.

This sharp contrast between the large majority of meteorologists who believe global warming is happening and the modest minority who are nevertheless very worried about it is consistent with other scientist surveys. This contrast exposes global warming alarmists who assert that 97% of the world’s scientists agree humans are causing a global warming crisis simply because these scientists believe global warming is occurring. However, as this and other scientist surveys show, believing that some warming is occurring is not the same as believing humans are causing a worrisome crisis.

Other questions solidified the meteorologists’ skepticism about humans creating a global warming crisis. For example, among those meteorologists who believe global warming is happening, only a modest majority (59%) believe humans are the primary cause. More importantly, only 38% of respondents who believe global warming is occurring say it will be very harmful during the next 100 years.

With substantially fewer than half of meteorologists very worried about global warming or expecting substantial harm during the next 100 years, one has to wonder why environmental activist groups are sowing the seeds of global warming panic. Does anyone really expect our economy to be powered 100 years from now by the same energy sources we use today? Why immediately, severely, and permanently punish our economy with costly global warming restrictions when technological advances and the free market will likely address any such global warming concerns much more efficiently, economically and effectively?

Full story:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2012/03/14/shock-poll-meteorologists-are-global-warming-skeptics/

I find it hilarious, the world was so warm at points throughout history that you can dig up sea shells in the midwest.  Humans had nothing to do with the Earth warming and cooling thousands of times before, but now suddenly we do.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 02:24:01 AM »
"Leaders" and their cohorts are off on everything in the world - social dynamics, needs, fairness, nature and especially common sense.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 02:52:23 AM »
"Leaders" and their cohorts are off on everything in the world - social dynamics, needs, fairness, nature and especially common sense.

Yes, the misconception about cholesterol (that we're just now debunking) is probably a good example.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 07:08:20 AM »
"Global Warming"is just a way the ELITE are busy using our guilt to make money for themselves... pure and simply stated.

P.S.  Remember the 1000's of ships sunk in WW2 including tankers, huge battleships, aircraft carriers??  Was there a fishing ban due to too much oil in the ocean?? No...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 07:14:59 AM »
it was a statement from The American Meteorological Society, right?

america! fuck ya!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 07:18:15 AM »
Retards assemble!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 07:42:46 AM »
How would they know?  They spend all their time studying meteors.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 07:49:24 AM »

al gore mansion.

The "eco friendly" label on all products was a bullshit marketing trend that changed nothing but made gullible morons feel better about buying the exact same stuff they were buying before, except it had this stupid label sticked on it.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 08:01:35 AM »
I took meteorology classes on university, my teacher used to say that global warming is indeed fake.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 08:04:30 AM »
I took meteorology classes on university, my teacher used to say that global warming is indeed fake.
Well, that's all the proof I need.

G

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 08:04:42 AM »
Yeah but the eco trend made a lot of people rich... people who were good at marketing/advertising.

MikMaq

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 08:06:17 AM »

Notice how 89 percent agrees it`s happening. All this states, is that there not worried, I`m sure if you ask a bunch of math professors at harvard none of them give a shit about aids in africa either, that does not mean it`s not a serious problem.

I find it hilarious, the world was so warm at points throughout history that you can dig up sea shells in the midwest.  Humans had nothing to do with the Earth warming and cooling thousands of times before, but now suddenly we do.
Your using shit you should of learned in 9th grade science class to act as if this shit ain`t happening.

Global warming is real, it`s not gonna be no 2012 bullshit, but it sure as hell will fuck things up.

Climate change is a crucial part of civilization, it ended babylonian civilization, cost napoleon an empire,  it allowed natives americans into north america, stopped the norse from reaching north america, and brought on the rise of agriculture etc.

To ignore our effects on this process is absurd.

Anyhow getbiggers, go ahead and spew your moronic nonsense.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 08:08:17 AM »
Well, that's all the proof I need.

Haha he gave a lot of explanations actually, but I never took that subject seriously, mostly because it wasn't part of the program, he talked about that out of classes.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 11:52:25 AM »
Your using shit you should of learned in 9th grade science class to act as if this shit ain`t happening.

Global warming is real, it`s not gonna be no 2012 bullshit, but it sure as hell will fuck things up.

Climate change is a crucial part of civilization, it ended babylonian civilization, cost napoleon an empire,  it allowed natives americans into north america, stopped the norse from reaching north america, and brought on the rise of agriculture etc.

To ignore our effects on this process is absurd.

Anyhow getbiggers, go ahead and spew your moronic nonsense.

I'm not doubting that the Earth is warming up, no one is.  Show me the proof humans have anything to do with it.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 11:56:22 AM »
and meanwhile, he could also show us whatever happened to that thing ozon hole?

were no dead yet, how comes

Who was responsible the other thousand times this exact cycle of warming (followed by cooling) occurred?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 12:00:47 PM »
I find it hilarious, the world was so warm at points throughout history that you can dig up sea shells in the midwest.  Humans had nothing to do with the Earth warming and cooling thousands of times before, but now suddenly we do.
if. You can find seashells in the Midwest, wouldn't that mean that it is dry now? And that was a lake, riverbed? Or the fact that they were brought there thru some sort of water movement. Or that millions of yrs ago, when there was one single landmass, I believe it's called Pangea.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 12:04:48 PM »
if. You can find seashells in the Midwest, wouldn't that mean that it is dry now? And that was a lake, riverbed? Or the fact that they were brought there thru some sort of water movement. Or that millions of yrs ago, when there was one single landmass, I believe it's called Pangea.

This has all happened before, we've only been keeping good record for a few hundred years and you know how old the Earth is.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/09/110911145228.htm
Sea Levels Much Less Stable Than Earlier Believed, New Coral Dating Method Suggests

Sep. 11, 2011 — New evidence of sea-level oscillations during a warm period that started about 125,000 years ago raises the possibility of a similar scenario if the planet continues its more recent warming trend, says a research team led by the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI).

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 12:09:44 PM »
Who was responsible the other thousand times this exact cycle of warming (followed by cooling) occurred?
we obviously have done some damage to our environment/atmosphere. With our vehicles, factories (acid rain anybody), mining, dredging, building, wars, bomb testing (bikini island atoll and the latest nuclear meltdown), ranching, oil, etc. All these things were not going on, millions of yrs ago...
I don't think dinosaurs, nor the MegaFauna era had the capabilities to do what we do today.

Dinosaurs farts can only do so much.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 01:51:21 PM »
we obviously have done some damage to our environment/atmosphere. With our vehicles, factories (acid rain anybody), mining, dredging, building, wars, bomb testing (bikini island atoll and the latest nuclear meltdown), ranching, oil, etc. All these things were not going on, millions of yrs ago...
I don't think dinosaurs, nor the MegaFauna era had the capabilities to do what we do today.

Dinosaurs farts can only do so much.

I see what you're saying, but this has literally happened before.  My point is that humans didn't cause global warming (or cooling) the past thousand times it happened, all of a sudden though (with accurate weather records that only go back a couple hundred years) humans are supposedly causing it now.

Can someone please show me proof humans have anything to do with this?  ???

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 02:09:51 PM »
How would they know?  They spend all their time studying meteors.

LOL, studying meteors  :D

If you look at the dissolved CO2 from ice core samples from the poles for the past 10,000 yrs it is pretty clear.
It shows that the temp each season was pretty stable over the years. In the last 100 yrs as the CO2 levels raise so did the temp ( a lot).
We know what the temp was each past century due to the dissloved 0xygen atoms and % of each kind of isotope.
( * atmosphere temp = % of various Oxygen isotopes in the atmosphere)
Plot the temp vs CO2 data and you get a near perfect linear regression line fit.

When the conclsuion is this clear, i don't even know why ths up for debate any longer.
I don't debate glbal warning with many as it is settled science based on the data .
If they try and tell me glbal warning is a hoax, I quote the data conclusions above.
They often scoff at my data but come back wth some silly reply that makes no sense.
 Often they argue by making a point has nothing to do to refute the data I try to explain.

Most have no idea what the signifigance of the dissolved O2 isotopes mean . Many seem clueless when I mention
the analysis is done via gas chromatograph or Mass spec, etc.

Ths is like trying to debate baseball with someone who doesn't know how many strikes a batter gets

Mjolnir

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 06:00:52 PM »
Lol Howard bringing science to show the retards! no one want to argue with Howard on a scientific basis?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 06:34:52 PM »
"very worried" "serious problems"..   those arent good markers. educated people rarely go to extremes in their beliefs.

in the past when the world went through those stages there were massive extinctions.

we are scheduled to go through a warming period in a couple hundred thousand years..

but we are speeding it WAY up.

and the rate of species extinction is around 45 times what it would normally be.

putting half a trillion tons of carbon into the atmosphere has consequences on the environment

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 07:31:19 PM »
"very worried" "serious problems"..   those arent good markers. educated people rarely go to extremes in their beliefs.
  in the past when the world went through those stages there were massive extinctions.

we are scheduled to go through a warming period in a couple hundred thousand years..

but we are speeding it WAY up.

and the rate of species extinction is around 45 times what it would normally be.

putting half a trillion tons of carbon into the atmosphere has consequences on the environment

Sources on any of that tbombz?

As far as I know, there's nothing concrete linking what appears to be a natural cycle of warming and cooling to our CO2 emissions.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 07:35:29 PM »

al gore mansion.

The "eco friendly" label on all products was a bullshit marketing trend that changed nothing but made gullible morons feel better about buying the exact same stuff they were buying before, except it had this stupid label sticked on it.

Just beautiful.
®