Author Topic: Lower Estrogen activity.  (Read 13162 times)

IZO

• Getbig II
Lower Estrogen activity.
« on: January 20, 2013, 10:13:47 AM »
Found an very interesting article how to lower your estrogen activity (=

This situation suggests excessive aromatase activity, which converts free testosterone to estrogen. Inhibition of aromatase and reduction in aromatase-containing tissue (fat) is indicated. Suggestions include:

Take the following supplements:
Zinc—50 milligrams (mg)/day
Acetyl-L-carnitine—1000 to 2000 mg/day
Muira puama—850 mg/day
Chrysin—1500 mg/day
Piperine—10 mg/day to enhance absorption of chrysin
Quercetin—500 to 1000 mg/day
Lose weight to reduce aromatase activity.
Reduce or eliminate alcohol to enable the liver to better remove excess estrogen.
Review all current medications to see if they are interfering with healthy liver function. Common medications that affect liver function are nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as naproxen, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, and aspirin; the statin class of cholesterol-lowering drugs; some heart medications; some blood pressure–lowering medications; and some antidepressants. Drugs being prescribed to treat the symptoms of testosterone deficiency (such as the statins and certain antidepressants) may actually aggravate the testosterone deficit, thus making the cholesterol problem or depression worse. However, do not discontinue any prescription medicine without consulting your physician.
If all of the above fail to increase free testosterone and lower excess estradiol, consider discussing with your physician the use of the aromatase inhibitor anastrozole at the very low dose of 0.5 mg twice per week.

IZO

• Getbig II
Re: Lower Estrogen activity.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 10:42:40 AM »
Natural Approaches to Boost Testosterone and Suppress Estrogen

Nutrients function by increasing testosterone availability, often by affecting testosterone's interaction with SHBG or by decreasing its aromatization (conversion) into estrogen. Natural supplements can complement hormone replacement therapy. For people who choose not to (or should not) use hormone replacement therapy, nutrients can be a vital part of a comprehensive program to reduce the impact of aging on the systems of sex hormone production, regulation, and metabolism. Nutritional therapy also has a role in preventing diseases of the male reproductive tract, such as prostate cancer and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). More specific information on these diseases can be found in the chapters "Prostate Cancer" and "Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia."

The following is a list of nutrients that are part of the Life Extension Foundation's comprehensive male hormone modulation program:

Zinc. Zinc is related to testosterone levels. In one animal study, rats subjected to an acute swimming test were either supplemented with zinc or placebo. The study showed that zinc supplementation led to significant increases in testosterone levels and may help in athletic performance (Kaya O et al 2006). Among humans, zinc supplementation in a group of male wrestlers prevented the depletion of testosterone after exertion (Kilic M et al 2006). Additional studies have suggested that zinc is important to the synthesis of testosterone (Ali H et al 2005).

Chrysin. A bioflavonoid called chrysin has shown potential as a natural aromatase inhibitor (Kellis JT Jr et al 1984). Chrysin can be extracted from various plants and is found in high concentrations in honey. Bodybuilders have used it as a testosterone-boosting supplement because, by inhibiting the aromatase enzyme, less testosterone is converted into estrogen. Although chrysin is a known inhibitor of aromatase, in one study it did not result in the expected increase in testosterone levels (Gambelunghe C et al 2003). This may be because of poor intestinal absorption of chrysin (Walle UK et al 1999). The Life Extension Foundation has identified a novel supplement called piperine that increases the bioavailability of chrysin.

Carnitine. Carnitine is an amino acid derivative that may be more active than testosterone in aging men who have sexual dysfunction and depression caused by an androgen deficiency (Cavallini G et al 2004). Both testosterone and carnitine improve sexual desire, sexual satisfaction, and nocturnal penile tumescence, but carnitine is more effective than testosterone in improving erectile function, nocturnal penile tumescence, orgasm, and general sexual well-being. Carnitine was better than testosterone at treating depression (Cavallini G et al 2004).

Muira puama. Muira puama is a South American folk medicine derived from a shrub, Ptychopetalum olacoides, which grows in the Amazon region of Brazil. Also called marapuama and "potency wood," it is considered an aphrodisiac and an effective treatment of impotence. Because of its purported libido-enhancing properties, muira puama has been the subject of two published clinical studies by Dr Jacques Waynberg, an eminent medical sexologist and author of 10 books on the subject.

The first study, conducted at the Institute of Sexology in Paris under Dr Waynberg's supervision, consisted of examining the effect of muira puama on 262 men who complained of lack of sexual desire or inability to attain or maintain erection. After receiving 1.5 grams (g)/day of muira puama for 2 weeks, 62 percent of the patients with loss of libido rated the treatment as having a dynamic effect, and 52 percent of patients with erectile dysfunction rated the treatment as beneficial (Wright JV et al 1999).

Dr Waynberg's second study, entitled "Male Sexual Asthenia," focused on sexual difficulties associated with asthenia, a deficiency state characterized by fatigue and loss of strength, both symptoms of a testosterone deficiency. The study population consisted of 100 men older than 18 years who complained of impotence and/or loss of libido. A total of 94 men completed the study, and their conditions were evaluated. Muira puama treatment led to significantly increased frequency of intercourse for 66 percent. Of the 46 men who complained of loss of desire, 70 percent reported intensification of libido. The stability of erection during intercourse was restored in 55 percent of patients, and 66 percent of men reported a reduction in fatigue. Other reported beneficial effects included improvement in sleep and morning erections (Waynberg J 1990).

Cruciferous vegetables. Cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli and cauliflower, contain isothiocyanates and glucosinolates, which act as antioxidants and potent inducers of phase 2 proteins believed to suppress prostate cancer formation (Kris-Etherton PM et al 2002; Talalay P et al 2001).

Quercetin. Wine contains antioxidant polyphenols and quercetin. One study showed that red wine inhibited aromatase. The study attributed this effect to the quercetin and other ingredients (Eng ET et al 2002). In human colon cancer cells, quercetin has been shown to inhibit local synthesis of estrogen by inhibiting aromatase (Fiorelli G et al 1999).

Saw palmetto and nettle extracts. These two supplements are commonly used to reduce symptoms of BPH. In Europe, saw palmetto (Serenoa repens) has been used extensively as a drug for some time. Saw palmetto's clinical benefits for prostate enlargement include:

4thAD

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 06:41:13 PM »
Or ADEX!

IZO

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 01:30:56 AM »
Totally agree with you galeniko ,number of studies points on that(=

evarol

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 01:32:03 AM »
Great read! Another way to boost testosterone naturally is using Ageless Male, a supplement that contains fenugreek seed extract. This plant derivative has been known to stimulate the body’s natural testosterone production and raise it up to an acceptable range. It works best for men who have unusually low test levels and shows great results when combined with a healthy diet and consistent exercise schedule. Look up an Ageless Male supplement review for more details.

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 09:48:35 AM »
Woahh fenugreek seed extract? No way brah thought they banned that shit for being so amazing fuck it im binning my test vials and gettin me some Ageless Male arrhhh yeah its on baby fuck yeaaaaha light weight babeyyy

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 11:12:24 AM »
^
lmao ...you kill me.

Wrt the fenugreek its been shown to have many health benefits but the smell.... :-X .  I think that's one of the main ingredients in curry powder...

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 08:36:52 PM »
could be , but i think the hands down best estrogen killer is low bodyfat.
WTF you beat me to it every thread! Beat it into your head people, get lean. I haven't even had to run an AI because I got lean before I got on.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 10:52:23 PM »
lol last year when i got back on trt, i jumped on a heavy cycle, instant gyno, and had to run letro 2.5mg ed for quite a loong time.

Anyways right now i basically run pes erase (An over the counter ai) one pill at night... lol... it really helps to get lean and yeah..

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 10:55:42 AM »
meh its not free its on the to do list

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 12:26:36 PM »
meh its not free its on the to do list

Friend in Ontario got it done by ohip...

Complained to his doc about pain...self esteem issues yadi yada...

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 03:08:53 PM »
Oh ya? I heard it's only up to 18 that it's covered and same argument psychological effect, blabla, plain, etc... Didn't know post was allowed. However I want them to remove the glands entirely, I heard stories of glands not being entirely removed either?.. I mean right now I got it under control, it reduced, they are speck sized just three or so weeks ago one of them that's more sensitive frickin blew up like never before, but caber/prami/p5p/l-dopa got it under control within days with a doubled ai dose.. now returned to low dose AI again no problems.

Still i'd like none of it, if they could cover the glands that would be great, id pay extra for the extra fatty tissue that accumulated though. I'm sure such a deal could be made.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 03:20:51 PM »
Yeah my buddy got it done I'm pretty sure he was over 18...would have to double check on that. And he would tell me they would only do it once and he was paranoid about getting it again. They won't remove the whole gland cause otherwise your nipples would be concave...lol. But other people say that once you've had it removed once you can't get it again.

I'm sure if you can get it gyno more than once theres gotta be guys out there that have had the procedure on multiple occasions. Otherwise it's probably just paranoia which can be a powerful thing.

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2013, 05:17:52 AM »
Gyno? If i were you id Give Ageless Male a go its got fenugreek seed extract didnt you know. It ll kill your gyno while mutliplying your test production by billions. *Statement not fda approved.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2013, 04:18:27 PM »
Can someone just never get gyno? Never had a hint of it

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 04:28:44 PM »
Can someone just never get gyno? Never had a hint of it

I think like many things it's genetic.  I've done some insane doses for very long times with zero ancillaries and never had an itchy or sore nip.  I have no signs of gyno and i was on for 3 years straight once.

Some of us are just lucky.  I have lost a lot of hair on my head though and gained it all on my back.

8)

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 04:40:06 PM »
I think like many things it's genetic.  I've done some insane doses for very long times with zero ancillaries and never had an itchy or sore nip.  I have no signs of gyno and i was on for 3 years straight once.

Some of us are just lucky.  I have lost a lot of hair on my head though and gained it all on my back.

8)
Yeah feel you on the hair. But I was losing my hair before I ever laid eyes on a bottle of test. I think I will take my hair going, which it was anyhow, over gyno or acne. That's another one I am impervious too. Some of my buddies would get acne so severe, it was disturbing. Almost every inch of their back covered in zits and boils. I never understood the reward? I would just be natural if that was the side

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 04:52:06 PM »
is 10% the magic cutoff point?

i'm about 12% and have never been able to run much test without bloof.. only use 200mg a week plus a tiny bit of adex but would LOVE to stop the adex because it rapes my sex drive and makes me feel achy and tired

have you sub 10% ers had your e2 levels tested?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 10:18:53 AM »
Yeah feel you on the hair. But I was losing my hair before I ever laid eyes on a bottle of test. I think I will take my hair going, which it was anyhow, over gyno or acne. That's another one I am impervious too. Some of my buddies would get acne so severe, it was disturbing. Almost every inch of their back covered in zits and boils. I never understood the reward? I would just be natural if that was the side

Yep, my hair loss is genetic as well, my brother is almost bald and he's 3 years older than me.  I've dealt with some bad acne in the past, high Test and Deca doses make me break out on my back and shoulders, but not enough for it to get nasty.  I've seen some guys that had their entire body covered in it.

8)

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 02:00:21 PM »
could be , but i think the hands down best estrogen killer is low bodyfat.

yup, definitely.

all drugs - TPPIIP

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 07:24:28 AM »
...i think the hands down best estrogen killer is low bodyfat.

Anybody know why? Even a bro-science explanation would be welcome...

Lene28

• Getbig I
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 08:52:33 PM »
yeah, i guess so, i never read those studies but i can tell from experience.

somewhere under 10% bodyfat,its starts to really show.above that, the body is flooded in estrogen.

i also dont hold anti estrogens in high regard.i can see why competitors would take it, but other than that, its not needed.

what can happen i worst case?bitch tits, a small op, no big deal.

This is not very good advice. High estrogen can cause lots of internal problems not just gyno. Using a good AI is crucial when on cycle. Dude if you're asking what E2 is you don't need to be giving estrogen/AI advice.

I do agree that low body fat helps with estrogen.

Lene28

• Getbig I
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2013, 10:50:26 PM »
tell me about those internal problems "lene".oh sister ::)

Sister?

To start high estrogen will cause Testosterone to be less effective, it can cause fat gain, erectile disfunction, infertility, and inflammation.
Inflammation can lead to:
Obesity
Type 2 Diabetes
Hypertension
Cancer

Lene28

• Getbig I
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2013, 08:09:48 PM »
I'm not sure what  ::) means. These boards are for people to learn; I'm just trying to keep bad info from floating around. It's pretty well researched high estrogen causes the things I listed above... It's not just my opinion.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2013, 10:11:02 PM »
Sister?

To start high estrogen will cause Testosterone to be less effective, it can cause fat gain, erectile disfunction, infertility, and inflammation.
Inflammation can lead to:
Obesity
Type 2 Diabetes
Hypertension
Cancer

Come on now...too much or too little of anything can have negative consequences. That goes for both testosterone and estrogen but at reasonable doses like galeniko suggests that should never be a problem.

Also, the ai's themselves have some nasty side effects I wouldn't rely on them for too long.