Author Topic: Moving countries for a job.....  (Read 5395 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Moving countries for a job.....
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 01:15:02 PM »
nz breaking the hearts of all the women in his country in this thread
T

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 01:15:52 PM »
your son is growing up with a nazi sympathizing fascinated by shooting and murder videos gore snuff loving chubby father ..

I am worried how you were before these "good lessons" shaped your present self  :-\
Gypsy or Nazi..............I wonder what I should tell my sons about that... ::)

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 01:31:18 PM »
How's life in Norway? Is the cost of living high there? And don't they speak good English in the Scandinavian countries?

They speak English quite a bit, although strangely you won't see many sign posts written in English!

Living cost is quite high- those Oslo apartments James is talking about are hard to come by and can easily end up costing 50% of your net income... Norway being all snow and mountain is a net importer of food and in all its wisdom has not entered the EU in order to protect its oil and fisheries with the result that food prices are ridiculous due to the added tax.

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 01:34:36 PM »
My family is from the old sod, have a few cousins living here in NYC now, they love it here and have no intention of moving back. The Irish are loved here and have no problem getting work.

Yeah bro, I hear that all the time, I'm gonna bail soon I'd say

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 01:35:56 PM »
Yeah bro, I hear that all the time, I'm gonna bail soon I'd say

come to the uk irish dave

il show you where the best hookers are  ;)
T

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2013, 05:17:13 PM »
I moved to Uganda to work as a trawlerman, but I had to return after 5 happy years because there was no sea.

they knew you were after seamen
c

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2013, 10:42:03 PM »

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2013, 10:53:01 PM »
Moved to Holland (not Amsterdam) and worked there. Horrible, horrible experience. Never again. English speaking countries only from now on. America is next on my list. I'm gonna knock up some yank and get a green card. Any of you Americans got a hot sister for me? 
Ha that's what I did!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2013, 10:58:32 PM »
I'd let you rent my bottom bunk should you ever come to the states.

I hear he likes the bottom.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2013, 10:59:37 PM »
Moved to Germany 4 and a half years ago from Australia.

Doing something radically different than what I'm qualified to do, mainly because

a) it's a country that puts an incredible value on pieces of paper and qualifications
b) it's a country that refuses to recognise any qualifications that aren't German
and
c) no-one here is able to grasp the concept that you might be able to do something outside your area of qualification

Also - don't come to Germany unless you are willing to take the risk that you will turn into someone who has to plan spontaneous meetings with friends 6 months in advance, who will need to separate every piece of rubbish into its component parts so that everything can go to the correct recycling or waste disposal centre and who develops a burning need to police the activity and behaviours of your neighbours and random people you might happen to meet in the street. If you're not comfortable telling some stranger "You shouldn't have done that!" then Germany is not the country for you.

If you move, you have the chance to reinvent yourself (if the place you move to lets you do that).

I'm making money doing things I love to do, but it's a constant social battle here. I'm actually hoping to move to Thailand this summer - just waiting to see if I can go or not.

I bloody hope so.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2013, 11:04:50 PM »
I hear he likes the bottom.
I dished the alley-oop for you there Coach. Was waiting for someone to take the bait.

:D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2013, 11:05:51 PM »
I dished the alley-oop for you there Coach. Was waiting for someone to take the bait.

:D

;D

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2013, 11:07:56 PM »
.... nzmm, are you planning on, while at work, jumping on the next UPS freight flight to the US?

It gets pretty cold midway. GodSpeed chief, I'll be waiting for you at SFO.
®

AVBG

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2013, 11:57:39 PM »
Good experiences, bad?

Was your new boss a bodybuilder? (bodybuilding related)

Finally nailed that job Doherty's 24/7?

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2013, 11:59:41 PM »
Finally nailed that job Doherty's 24/7?

Who's Dorothy?
®

AVBG

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2013, 12:03:32 AM »

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
®

Jussup

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2013, 03:25:23 AM »

moving from Germany to California,  SF bay area, as we speak. Le't see how this goes....

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2013, 03:29:38 AM »
moving from Germany to California,  SF bay area, as we speak. Le't see how this goes....

Let's not.

lulu

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2013, 04:45:44 AM »

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2013, 05:01:15 AM »
How's life in Norway? Is the cost of living high there? And don't they speak good English in the Scandinavian countries?

Very good English. Cost of living is obviously astronomical when compared to most of Europe but the high wages make up for that. I remember back in 2006 when I lived there on a three month assignment paying £80 for TWO small bags of food per week (bodybuilding related: I got smaller). I was on a very decent daily wage but felt raped every time I paid for something. However, like anything, you quickly become accustomed to it and settle comfortably into a middle class living and quietly accept getting reamed. But the environment, outdoorsy healthy lifestyle, non existent levels of corruption and public services that's super modern makes up for it.

I'd say overall life is satisfactory. Not as cutting edge and in the limelight as London-living is, but it's the little things that make up for it.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2013, 05:27:26 AM »
Let's not.

lol

going from spermany to jew s a, can't figure out which is worse

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2013, 11:39:56 AM »
Very good English. Cost of living is obviously astronomical when compared to most of Europe but the high wages make up for that. I remember back in 2006 when I lived there on a three month assignment paying £80 for TWO small bags of food per week (bodybuilding related: I got smaller). I was on a very decent daily wage but felt raped every time I paid for something. However, like anything, you quickly become accustomed to it and settle comfortably into a middle class living and quietly accept getting reamed. But the environment, outdoorsy healthy lifestyle, non existent levels of corruption and public services that's super modern makes up for it.

I'd say overall life is satisfactory. Not as cutting edge and in the limelight as London-living is, but it's the little things that make up for it.

Thanks for your input. Is there any place in Scandinavia or the rest of Europe that is cheap and good? There should low/no crime and the food (meat and potatoes and such) should be inexpensive. I imagine Norway is pretty glacial too with all that snow!

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2013, 11:42:47 AM »
Moved to Germany 4 and a half years ago from Australia.

Doing something radically different than what I'm qualified to do, mainly because

a) it's a country that puts an incredible value on pieces of paper and qualifications
b) it's a country that refuses to recognise any qualifications that aren't German
and
c) no-one here is able to grasp the concept that you might be able to do something outside your area of qualification

Also - don't come to Germany unless you are willing to take the risk that you will turn into someone who has to plan spontaneous meetings with friends 6 months in advance, who will need to separate every piece of rubbish into its component parts so that everything can go to the correct recycling or waste disposal centre and who develops a burning need to police the activity and behaviours of your neighbours and random people you might happen to meet in the street. If you're not comfortable telling some stranger "You shouldn't have done that!" then Germany is not the country for you.

If you move, you have the chance to reinvent yourself (if the place you move to lets you do that).

I'm making money doing things I love to do, but it's a constant social battle here. I'm actually hoping to move to Thailand this summer - just waiting to see if I can go or not.

I bloody hope so.

lol. let me guess, you're in the north somewhere. Hamburg? find that people in munich can be slightly more spontaneous.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2013, 11:43:10 AM »
Thanks for your input. Is there any place in Scandinavia or the rest of Europe that is cheap and good? There should low/no crime and the food (meat and potatoes and such) should be inexpensive. I imagine Norway is pretty glacial too with all that snow!

forgot to switch accounts "jon"
T