Author Topic: Experience with Adderall and Provigil?  (Read 10568 times)

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
Experience with Adderall and Provigil?
« on: January 23, 2013, 11:04:22 PM »
I'm fascinated with Nootropics.  All I've tried so far is "Focus Factor", alpha brain combined with Ginko Biloba and tyrosine. Decent results but nothing as ground breaking as sucking on a milky soury cauliflower cock.

Thanks for your feedback, greatly appreciated.
®

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Experience with Adderall and Provigil?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 12:02:15 AM »
didnt know you were into this sort of thing. ive tried most every nootropic known to man.

try a small dose of mdma.

all those ssri's and other drugs on the market are childs play.

just go straight to the source, but be responsible and use small doses.

your life will change.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 12:07:23 AM »
didnt know you were into this sort of thing. ive tried most every nootropic known to man.

try a small dose of mdma.

all those ssri's and other drugs on the market are childs play.

just go straight to the source, but be responsible and use small doses.

your life will change.

I'm more curious about improving cognitive performance than mood alterations. Isn't MDMA basically Ectacy? not really interested in that.

Why do you consider ssri nootropics?
®

AVBG

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 12:09:06 AM »
Is this kinda what you're looking for?

https://www.onnit.com/alphabrain/

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 12:12:17 AM »
Is this kinda what you're looking for?

https://www.onnit.com/alphabrain/

I've tried that. Not much of a punch. For $18 at costco, focus factor seems to deliver more.
®

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 12:14:34 AM »
novocain for the soul

you better give me something to fill the hole

before i sputter out
T

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 12:19:30 AM »
novocain for the soul

you better give me something to fill the hole

before i sputter out

???
®

Kilo Medic

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 03:19:44 AM »

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 04:38:26 AM »
Does that shit mess with your sleep?
Mr. AZ 2003

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 05:33:15 AM »
I'm also interested in the topic of nootropics, though all the reading I've done indicates that they merely help one wring a bit more computational effort out of one's brain on a mostly temporary basis, like overclocking a PC. There are activities that lead to altered brain structure such that you become a bit sharper or at least prevent age-related declines in mental health, but taking nootropics isn't one of them.

Here's what I wrote about nootropics earlier in my post history. I think it is still accurate:

I used a stack of modafinil + piracatem/choline through a summer studying the LSAT and I can say two things:

1. I experienced notable increase in ability to focus and retain information, sitting around studying for hours at a time.

2. The effects were not hugely significant in the sense that steroids can be hugely significant for muscle. In other words, we seem to be set in our ways when it comes to brain development and while certain nootropics can help you get the most out of your brain structure/cognitive functioning for a specialized task, there isn't anything like a permanent boost to mentality (unlike steroids, which can have a permanent effect on muscle, even once off).

In short, if you are studying for something or perhaps have a midnight shift job where you need to focus, then nootropics can help get you over the hump for specific mental tasks but you cannot expect to have permanent changes, e.g., +5 IQ points or something of that sort.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 06:04:39 AM »
Adderall > Provigil

Adderall is an amphetamine.

Provigil just gets me wired and doesn't provide the same "focus" as Adderall.  If anything it just stimulates the mind enough to work long hours without getting tired, it's not something that improves mental capabilities like nootropics or Adderall.  I've taken plenty of Provigil over that years and it's great for working long hours or staying up for extended periods of time, but it tends to make my brain jump to conclusions rather than think things out like Adderall.  A lot of times the first thought that comes into your head is correct, so i think that is why some people think Provigil helps your train of thought, but in my experience it doesn't.  It's a pure stimulant that is rather smooth, it doesn't make me jittery like caffeine unless i take too much.  50mg of Provigil is enough for me, it has a half life of 15 hours so it can make sleeping a problem.

Adderall kills everything that i have tried, it's great for getting lots of work done very accurately IMO.

8)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 06:14:30 AM »
what is improved cognitive function to you?

computing extensive mathtables all in your head on a whim?
abilty to think of something extroadinarly funny instantaneously?
mass reasoning done on a grandscale in a matter of minites?
superior dexterity on a video game and never loose to superior brain function?

what you have to do alex is try the safe substances , look up toxicity levels, and do not exceed them, try them and report back to council, much like im doing brother

asking around is good but self experimentation is better
A

Jizzacked

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 07:22:20 AM »
I have done a fair amount of experimenting in this area... I have used the following:

piractam
oxiracetam
aniracetam
modafinil
choline

The only one worth a shit was modafinil.  The racetams actually made me feel more mentally foggy and unable to focus after the first time I took them, which in my line of work is just unacceptable.  the modafinil is pretty good stuff if you want to stay up and be alert, but I felt like it loses it's efficacy rather quick.  I was going to make a full thread with an in depth report of my findings about these compounds, but my results were so lackluster I didn't even bother.  Everyone responds differently to different things, and some people have reported great results with some of these... I just didn't see them myself.  Dosages ranged from the low normal range to high end.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 07:28:53 AM »
I'm fascinated with Nootropics.  All I've tried so far is "Focus Factor", alpha brain combined with Ginko Biloba and tyrosine. Decent results but nothing as ground breaking as sucking on a milky soury cauliflower cock.

Thanks for your feedback, greatly appreciated.

That shit is contraindicated for bipolars, you can expect a manic episode out of it

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 07:32:58 AM »
adderall is good, the levo amp in it is more peripheral stimulating and what I would call a nootropic, straight dextroamphetamine less so, i prefer dextroamp alone however, less sides.

Ssri's aren't a nootropic perhaps the opposite.

modafinil, meh, it has a novel mechanism but seems to impact the reticular activating system for alertness and has no real dopaminergic component so it doesn't have that focus factor.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 07:35:47 AM »
adderall is good, the levo amp in it is more peripheral stimulating and what I would call a nootropic, straight dextroamphetamine less so, i prefer dextroamp alone however, less sides.

modafinil, meh, it has a novel mechanism but seems to impact the reticular activating system for alertness and has no real dopaminergic component so it doesn't have that focus factor.

hi suckmymuscle ;D

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 07:49:30 AM »
Provigil gave me smooth energy and it did help me focus a bit more. No crash, overall a great drug.

Adderall was straight up nasty. I felt on the edge of throwing a beating to all of man kind.

monopoly19

• Getbig II
  • 675 locked out...
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 08:03:38 AM »
Last time I used Adderall was in college. That shit is crazy. The main reason I didn't get more hooked on it was that it KILLED my appetite and I did feel a crash when it wore off. But, during the 6 or 7 hours it worked you could get more done than in 2 or 3 normal days.

I have been wanting to try Provigil but have not had a source for it.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 09:37:36 AM »
That shit is contraindicated for bipolars, you can expect a manic episode out of it

People who experience mania can get a lot of shit done if they roll with it and really try to understand it. A lot of the business world is run by people who are rolling with mania.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 12:52:57 PM »

Yes this is what I was thinking as well.

65stew

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 01:00:28 PM »
I've used Provigil. Found it to work very well for me. Very focused, can seem to lose track of time because of focus, great for workouts or work. Didn't have jitters like some people mentioned.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 02:14:08 PM »
For those who tried Adderall: how did you structure your consumption? Did you do it consistently over a dedicated period of study, or just use it for a one-day power session? What was it like coming off?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 02:27:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Bradley cooper movie, "Limitless" was about adderal. Shit is a straight up wonder drug. I was never prescribed it, but used it as a study aid sometimes in college, and it worked wonders.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 02:55:14 PM »
For those who tried Adderall: how did you structure your consumption? Did you do it consistently over a dedicated period of study, or just use it for a one-day power session? What was it like coming off?

I never took it more than 3 days in a row when in college or for work related use.  I would take it in the morning with breakfast and another with dinner if i was going to be working/studying 16+ hours.

I liked to take it the night before exams and then the day of the exam.  It makes taking exams a lot easier and thoughts come to you quicker.  I remember completing Calculus III and IV exams in like 30-45 minutes and most students took around 90.

I noticed if i took it more than 3 days in a row i would get headaches.  I don't remember the exact dosage, but the pills i used were the extended release capsules that were orange. I got them from a friend who had a script for it since he was in junior high.  He would give me 10 every few months and i would use them as needed.

If you only use it one day you won't feel bad or anything negative.  Only when you use a lot will you feel sides from it.  I felt more sides from Provigil.

8)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 04:25:33 PM »
All you pussies should just jump straight to d-methamphetamine, quit fucking around.

Call me when you've disassembled your TV while sitting in a house with no carpet or furniture, that's how you know it's working.