Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
July 28, 2014, 04:04:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Mexico Bill Would Criminalize Abortions After Rape As 'Tampering With Eviden  (Read 146 times)
blacken700
Getbig V

Getbig!

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2013, 09:42:47 AM »

the nutty right is at it again

A Republican lawmaker in New Mexico introduced a bill on Wednesday that would legally require victims of rape to carry their pregnancies to term in order to use the fetus as evidence for a sexual assault trial.

House Bill 206, introduced by state Rep. Cathrynn Brown (R), would charge a rape victim who ended her pregnancy with a third-degree felony for "tampering with evidence."

“Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime," the bill says.

Third-degree felonies in New Mexico carry a sentence of up to three years in prison.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/24/new-mexico-abortion-bill_n_2541894.html
Report to moderator   Logged
Skip8282
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 03:10:07 PM »

Punish the victim.  What an ass.
Hugo Chavez
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 03:38:19 PM »

you've got to be kidding... Is this real lol?  That's about as fucked up wrong as it gets.  I've become a lot more pro life over the years but this is just nuts.  As much as I loath the idea of giving any credibility to psychiatry, Cathrynn Brown, needs some sort of mental health evaluation and perhaps some shock therapy lol.
Roger Bacon
Getbig V

Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 03:39:56 PM »

you've got to be kidding... Is this real lol?  That's about as fucked up wrong as it gets.  I've become a lot more pro life over the years but this is just nuts.  As much as I loath the idea of giving any credibility to psychiatry, Cathrynn Brown, needs some sort of mental health evaluation and perhaps some shock therapy lol.

haha!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!