Author Topic: New Mexico Bill Would Criminalize Abortions After Rape As 'Tampering With Eviden  (Read 488 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
the nutty right is at it again

A Republican lawmaker in New Mexico introduced a bill on Wednesday that would legally require victims of rape to carry their pregnancies to term in order to use the fetus as evidence for a sexual assault trial.

House Bill 206, introduced by state Rep. Cathrynn Brown (R), would charge a rape victim who ended her pregnancy with a third-degree felony for "tampering with evidence."

“Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime," the bill says.

Third-degree felonies in New Mexico carry a sentence of up to three years in prison.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/24/new-mexico-abortion-bill_n_2541894.html

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Punish the victim.  What an ass.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
you've got to be kidding... Is this real lol?  That's about as fucked up wrong as it gets.  I've become a lot more pro life over the years but this is just nuts.  As much as I loath the idea of giving any credibility to psychiatry, Cathrynn Brown, needs some sort of mental health evaluation and perhaps some shock therapy lol.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
you've got to be kidding... Is this real lol?  That's about as fucked up wrong as it gets.  I've become a lot more pro life over the years but this is just nuts.  As much as I loath the idea of giving any credibility to psychiatry, Cathrynn Brown, needs some sort of mental health evaluation and perhaps some shock therapy lol.

haha!